Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Has the focus been leaked yet? Sorry if someones already brought it up, I'm kind of out of it at the moment.

And yes I already tried googling it Arcanite.

Edited by immatx

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, immatx said:

Has the focus been leaked yet? Sorry if someones already brought it up, I'm kind of out of it at the moment.

And yes I already tried googling it Arcanite.

Did you look in the other thread before you posted here too?

Hint: it's hot right now 

1 minute ago, immatx said:

It's an Easter focus, with Axe!Chrom, Blue-Mage!Lucina, Lance!Xander, and Green-Mage!Camilla, all in bunny outfits.

Just now, Arcanite said:

Did you look in the other thread before you posted here too?

Hint: it's hot right now 

Of course it is *sigh*

2 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

It's an Easter focus, with Axe!Chrom, Blue-Mage!Lucina, Lance!Xander, and Green-Mage!Camilla, all in bunny outfits.

Oh. Great. I knew I saved my orbs for some reason. Right? RIGHT?

Guess I'm saving my orbs until the next focus....again.

6 minutes ago, immatx said:

Of course it is *sigh*

Oh. Great. I knew I saved my orbs for some reason. Right? RIGHT?

Guess I'm saving my orbs until the next focus....again.

I'm pretty much doing the same thing. You need some chill, dude.

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

I'm pretty much doing the same thing. You need some chill, dude.

Hmm, yeah your probably right. I was really looking forward to new characters too, maybe next time I guess.

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

Yo... calculations question again. Triangle Adept doesn't stack with gem weapons.

But it also doesn't stack with enemy triangle adept, yes?

Only the highest instance of Triangle Adept is used across both combatants. Even if both combatants have Triangle Adept 3 and a gem weapon, you'd only get +/-20%.

Feeling mildly accomplished because I just finished all the Lunatic Challenge quests (yes, even 9-5) without using any Light's Blessings or inheritance. If anyone needs any tips, hit me up.

@Falcom If you need any help with 9-5, I can assure you it's definitely beatable without a Light's Blessing. I used 4* Ursula, 4* Olivia, 4* Raven and 5* Lucina and that worked pretty well.

My long winning streak in the arena broken AGAIN. I'm really sick of this crap. It's just far too easy to get screwed in the arena and you can't control it. There's no way to be able to counter absolutely anything and everything. If the April update doesn't fix this... -_-

12 minutes ago, immatx said:

Hmm, yeah your probably right. I was really looking forward to new characters too, maybe next time I guess.

Well, we'll be getting Navarre in early April, and this banner only runs until Ithink the 13/14th so after that we'll most likely get new characters in the next banner (might be Gaiden/Echoes chars tho).

7 minutes ago, Iris said:

Feeling mildly accomplished because I just finished all the Lunatic Challenge quests (yes, even 9-5) without using any Light's Blessings or inheritance. If anyone needs any tips, hit me up.

@Falcom If you need any help with 9-5, I can assure you it's definitely beatable without a Light's Blessing. I used 4* Ursula, 4* Olivia, 4* Raven and 5* Lucina and that worked pretty well.

I managed this yesterday too, with a bit of luck and Nowi. Felt good, though I can't help anyone else with it since I just got lucky.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

My long winning streak in the arena broken AGAIN. I'm really sick of this crap. It's just far too easy to get screwed in the arena and you can't control it. There's no way to be able to counter absolutely anything and everything. If the April update doesn't fix this... -_-

Who are you using? I find that having a high BST team is easier as you don't have to face many ranged units. 

1 minute ago, Kiran said:

Who are you using? I find that having a high BST team is easier as you don't have to face many ranged units. 

I've mentioned who I've been using many times in this thread. And it doesn't matter who you use, you can still get screwed easily as things stand.

I've mentioned who I've been using many times in this thread. And it doesn't matter who you use, you can still get screwed easily as things stand.

Ana, you're jumping to conclusions far too easily. What tier of opponent are you selecting?

Also, everyone can't be aware of your team just because you posted earlier. This is a general thread.

Sorry, I only know that you use Frederick. As this thread moves pretty quickly, I often find myself not being able to keep up to date with it. The arena does screw you over if you have a low BST though. Though it is hard to do a deathless streak, I don't find it difficult at all to keep a 7-streak. 

16 minutes ago, Iris said:

It's fine. I already beat it and got the 3 orbs, so I'm satisfied.

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Ana, you're jumping to conclusions far too easily. What tier of opponent are you selecting?

Also, everyone can't be aware of your team just because you posted earlier. This is a general thread.

Tiers as in the player tiers or difficultly tiers? For difficulty, advanced and sometimes intermediate, since I find I face less mages that way. For the player tiers, I have little control over that, as sometimes my opponents will have lower tier levels, but other times, they'll all be like tier 7 and 8.

And I guess, but it does get rather tiring repeating it over and over. 5 star Frederick, 4 star Sharena, Palla, and male Robin. All lv. 40. I don't have any other 5 stars.

Though one thing didn't help, I ran into a Takumi that did 18x2 damage to Frederick who has really high defense when Takumis normally only did like 4x2 damage to him per attack AND an Ephraim that my Frederick couldn't double when he usually does double him. Due to how Takumis and Ephraims normally did against Frederick, this was completely unexpected.

Edited by Anacybele

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I ran into a Tharja buff team in the arena yesterday. That's one of the team compositions I know I absolutely cannot handle (I have exactly one unit that can tank one round of combat from Tharja with +14 Atk).

Instead of complaining about it, I tried to think of what I can do to avoid getting curbstomped by this team comp in the future. I'm currently resigned to not enter matches with Eirika or Tharja as lead. Obviously, that's nowhere near an ideal or foolproof plan, but that's the best I can do with what I currently have, and I'll just have to live with it until I have a better solution.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Tiers as in the player tiers or difficultly tiers? For difficulty, advanced and sometimes intermediate, since I find I face less mages that way. For the player tiers, I have little control over that, as sometimes my opponents will have lower tier levels, but other times, they'll all be like tier 7 and 8.

And I guess, but it does get rather tiring repeating it over and over. 5 star Frederick, 4 star Sharena, Palla, and male Robin. All lv. 40. I don't have any other 5 stars.

It seems that since the majority of your team is 4*, it leaves your BST in prime position for ranged-units to appear. The April update should help as it takes star-rating into consideration, thus you will probably face less ranged units, which makes arena battles much easier. Hopefully the April update will come on the first day of the month, thus leaving you time to up your score this season. 

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I ran into a Tharja buff team in the arena yesterday. That's one of the team compositions I know I absolutely cannot handle (I have exactly one unit that can tank one round of combat from Tharja with +14 Atk).

Instead of complaining about it, I tried to think of what I can do to avoid getting curbstomped by this team comp in the future. I'm currently resigned to not enter matches with Eirika or Tharja as lead. Obviously, that's nowhere near an ideal or foolproof plan, but that's the best I can do with what I currently have, and I'll just have to live with it until I have a better solution.

I tried to too. But there's nothing I can do to combat teams that have a lot of mages. I have very few characters with high res. I can't change out my lead either, because Frederick is my strongest character and only 5 star.

EDIT: I see. I had to immediately surrender two battles in a row because they both had THREE mages/magic units. I guess my BST is too low right now...

Edited by Anacybele

32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I get screwed sometimes too (giggity)

But all you can do is keep trying no matter what! Even if you have to use a few dueling crests!

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I tried to too. But there's nothing I can do to combat teams that have a lot of mages. I have very few characters with high res. I can't change out my lead either, because Frederick is my strongest character and only 5 star.

EDIT: I see. I had to immediately surrender two battles in a row because they both had THREE mages/magic units. I guess my BST is too low right now...

Never surrender! You never know if you can win! Just do some quick maths in ur head as you look at the enemy units. Just be all:

"So and so has ___ defense which means Frederick does ___ damage to them! Holy moly!"

Then be like:

"Frederick dies to _____ but I think _________ can take a hit from them. Lemme see here, __ × .8 = ____. Yay it works!"

I think I've said something like this before......... oh well! Anywho, the damage calculations are pretty simple in this game. Just whip out your calculator you'll be fine!

38 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Though one thing didn't help, I ran into a Takumi that did 18x2 damage to Frederick who has really high defense when Takumis normally only did like 4x2 damage to him per attack AND an Ephraim that my Frederick couldn't double when he usually does double him. Due to how Takumis and Ephraims normally did against Frederick, this was completely unexpected.

Frederick and Ephraim have the same speed at 5* Lv40. All I can think of is that the ones you've fought previously were either lower level or given a Brave Lance, possibly in conjunction with your Frederick's Spd being boosted by Palla.

11 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I get screwed sometimes too (giggity)

But all you can do is keep trying no matter what! Even if you have to use a few dueling crests!

Never surrender! You never know if you can win! Just do some quick maths in ur head as you look at the enemy units. Just be all:

"So and so has ___ defense which means Frederick does ___ damage to them! Holy moly!"

Then be like:

"Frederick dies to _____ but I think _________ can take a hit from them. Lemme see here, __ × .8 = ____. Yay it works!"

I think I've said something like this before......... oh well! Anywho, the damage calculations are pretty simple in this game. Just whip out your calculator you'll be fine!

Yeah, but honestly. None of the characters on my team have especially high res. Palla's and Robin's res are okay at best, nothing special and Sharena's and Frederick's suck. Palla and Robin still take too much damage from magic, so neither Sharena nor Frederick will ever tank it well. I also don't know how the opponent units will move, so it's more than just calculations.

EDIT: My Frederick is -spd, so he probably doesn't have the same speed as most Ephraims, actually. But maybe the doubling is due to speed boosts from Palla though...

Edited by Anacybele

I have pretty good deathless winrate now (full buff Nino is terrifyingly good) , but back when I was using Catria one season for bonus unit I died/got imperfect clears quite often because 1) I didn't really know how to play her until later on and 2) Takumis everywhere. 

That was frustrating as fuck, but I eventually managed. At some point I finally learned how to play Catria and it clicked.

If possible, I find going on the offensive makes for easier wins than going on the defensive, which is why I keep on recommending Olivia---Sometimes I win by only taking 1 hit or even no hits at all with positioning skills and dancing. And Nino. 

2 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I have pretty good deathless winrate now (full buff Nino is terrifyingly good) , but back when I was using Catria one season for bonus unit I died/got imperfect clears quite often because 1) I didn't really know how to play her until later on and 2) Takumis everywhere. 

That was frustrating as fuck, but I eventually managed. At some point I finally learned how to play Catria and it clicked.

If possible, I find going on the offensive makes for easier wins than going on the defensive, which is why I keep on recommending Olivia---Sometimes I win by only taking 1 hit or even no hits at all with positioning skills and dancing. And Nino. 

Olivia is too low level for me to use right now and I'm having a really hard time leveling her up in the tower. You can't dance her since she's a dancer herself and a healer can only do so much. I'm hoping I pull Azura in the future instead since she can be summoned at 5 star, I believe.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but honestly. None of the characters on my team have especially high res. Palla's and Robin's res are okay at best, nothing special and Sharena's and Frederick's suck. Palla and Robin still take too much damage from magic, so neither Sharena nor Frederick will ever tank it well. I also don't know how the opponent units will move, so it's more than just calculations.

EDIT: My Frederick is -spd, so he probably doesn't have the same speed as most Ephraims, actually. But maybe the doubling is due to speed boosts from Palla though...

The AI works a little something like this:

Deal the most damage, while taking the least damage but if something is in front of them, they'll attack no matter what. If they can deal more damage, they will so don't give them that opportunity. Also if they do 0 damage, they will either:

A) attack someone with the lower defense or

B) attack someone who does less damage in return.

This is because they want to stay alive for as long as possible while at the same time maximizing damage output for longevity. 

This is only a basic breakdown but I can make it quite longer if you don't understand or want to know more :)