Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

17 minutes ago, immatx said:

What do y'all think of a support based Seliph designed around aoe buffs/debuffs and is also specifically a Hector killer? I was using him in arena last week after I hit my score. I was thinking either put Quick Reposte on him, obviously Hector is the aggressor because of Armads, or Seal Atk on the B slot. Brash Assault could work, but I don't really like it. On the C slot put Threaten Atk, and leave A how it is. For the special I'm thinking Moonbow.

Ahh, yes, she's 5*. I'm not a fan of armors either, but the bst combined with her skillset is too good to pass up.

I've never really used Nino. I have a 4* +spd -def one that is just gathering dust because I already have +atk Julia. But buffing Nino is pretty op, since there's basically nothing she can't double. Speaking of buffing, I really need to put some buffs on my other units to make Julia wreck even more face.

Does Seliph need anything special to fight Hector?

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I do all of that except the calculations. But maybe I just need to be better at doing all that stuff.

I've saved up over 180 orbs because I've been waiting for a good banner (none of the last few have been to my tastes, including the one coming tomorrow...). I'm really considering pulling on tomorrow's banner anyway though, because I do like Chrom's bunny outfit and I am getting more desperate for some more 5 stars. Also, a flying mage, which bunny Camilla will be, definitely sounds like something super good. Only thing is, apparently both bunny Chrom and bunny Camilla will be green units, and while I would like more of those, I don't want to cut Frederick out entirely either. And obviously having three greens on a team is a bad idea.

Calculations are very valuable. I reccomend getting good at them; they've saved me many times.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Not really, you have sharena and robin and they cover your weakness. Initially I had lyn, alfonse, sharena and robin at the arena and I did pretty good despite having "bad coverage" against blues. Throw 80 orbs at tomorrows banner and you'll get a bunch of good units. Keep 100 for ike or something. But blazing shadows is one of the best banners to put some orbs into.

I still feel like if I have two greens and two blues on my team, I could get wrecked by green units, especially Ninos and Merrics.

Also, more than half of Blazing Shadows's characters are colorless, two being healers. No thanks. Plus, I'm tired of Elibe anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

23 minutes ago, immatx said:

Ahh, yes, she's 5*. I'm not a fan of armors either, but the bst combined with her skillset is too good to pass up.

I've never really used Nino. I have a 4* +spd -def one that is just gathering dust because I already have +atk Julia. But buffing Nino is pretty op, since there's basically nothing she can't double. Speaking of buffing, I really need to put some buffs on my other units to make Julia wreck even more face.

I run a 5* Nino with the same nature--as I don't have Julia, and I already ran Ryoma/Olivia (aka Hone Spd Hone Atk package), Nino fit really well into my team so I buffed her to a 5*. Probably the best decision I've ever made--and especially with skill inheritance, Nino's been ORKOing even most sword users in the arena, which is hella baller. Usually with the Atk/Spd buffs and LoD2 she does 25x2 on swords. If I boost her for max damage she can get 38x2. Ryoma's an issue because he counters and oneshots her, but if he doesn't have vantage up (assuming he does, because if you have Ryoma and are not running vantage what are you doing), I can get her to desperation level and just do the 25x2 or so straight up. 

She's...pretty ridiculous.

And like, if she's orkoing swords, the other colors don't even have a chance. Bar those with super high res, many of them are just straight-up oneshot.

Edited by Thor Odinson

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I still feel like if I have two greens and two blues on my team, I could get wrecked by green units, especially Ninos and Merrics.

There aren't that many greens in the current meta. For example, in the last rotation of heroes, I once ran Sully, Ephraim, M!Robin, and Roy. That's 3 blues and 1 red. Despite the awful coverage, I managed to get a full streak with only 2 deaths. Greens are rather rare in the arena. You typically see only green mages, which are easy enough to be taken down by a decent fellow green. 

3 minutes ago, Kiran said:

There aren't that many greens in the current meta. For example, in the last rotation of heroes, I once ran Sully, Ephraim, M!Robin, and Roy. That's 3 blues and 1 red. Despite the awful coverage, I managed to get a full streak with only 2 deaths. Greens are rather rare in the arena. You typically see only green mages, which are easy enough to be taken down by a decent fellow green. 

I see quite a bit of Camilla and sometimes Merric and Nino though. Imagine if I ran into a team with both. But I do agree that there generally aren't as many greens as others.

I'll just have to see what I end up getting in my next summons though.

Edited by Anacybele

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, more than half of Blazing Shadows's characters are colorless, two being healers. No thanks. Plus, I'm tired of Elibe anyway.

You won't struggle that much though, as you can catch a Nino wide open and one shot her with a buffed atk fred, or gang on her once she's alone.

Colorless are a good option as their neutrality is a boon because they're good against any combatant except raven tome users, which Henry is basically non existant, Cecilia is like 1 among 100s of units and robin can be dealt with your greens. Still, you don't necessarily get the focus units, so~

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

You won't struggle that much though, as you can catch a Nino wide open and one shot her with a buffed atk fred, or gang on her once she's alone.

Colorless are a good option as their neutrality is a boon because they're good against any combatant except raven tome users, which Henry is basically non existant, Cecilia is like 1 among 100s of units and robin can be dealt with your greens. Still, you don't necessarily get the focus units, so~

They don't exactly have an advantage though, which means any color can do normal damage to them too instead of be at a disadvantage, and they DO have a disadvantage against those raven tome users like you said. I'd rather have the upper hand when I can.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Although good news guys: for the first time, I got a defensive score of 251! My team must've gotten a flawless victory somewhere! I wonder if they couldn't get past Freddy the Wall. Hahaha.

As far as I can tell, your defense score seems to only be based on the stat total of the team that lost and isn't dependent on how many survivors you had on your team.

If 251 is noticeably higher than your usual defense score, it means some team with a higher stat total got matched with your team on beginner or intermediate and lost to your team.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

As far as I can tell, your defense score seems to only be based on the stat total of the team that lost and isn't dependent on how many survivors you had on your team.

If 251 is noticeably higher than your usual defense score, it means some team with a higher stat total got matched with your team on beginner or intermediate and lost to your team.

Yeah, I usually get just below 251. Like once I had 243. But I see.

I finished the 9-5 Lunatic quest today! Used Ursula, Olivia, Minerva, and my new 5* Nino to get it done. Was thinking I might have to wait for the regular April quests to do it, but I guess not.

Though now I'm feeling a bit listless as I don't really have any goal in-game I'm working towards. Suppose tomorrow's paralogue will give me something for that, at least.

1 hour ago, Quintessence said:

Just cleared the flier quest with Michalis, Palla, Catria and SHANNA. Shanna was so useful here despite being underlevelled (33 vs 40 on the others), and still did a great job at tanking red and blue mages and taking advantage of that beautiful Goad Fliers from Palla, increasing her Atk and Sp to almost 40, plus Iceberg and Desperation were godsend. Shanna too good.

Really? Hm, I have three of them at Lv40 (4*Palla, 4*Catria, and 5*Shanna).  I've trained my Michalis a bit, he's mid-20's.  

Goad Flyers is pretty great for All-Flyer teams, yeah.  Desperation is honestly a really good skill for speedsters like Shanna, and Shanna's high Res feeds into Iceberg well.  She's a good magekiller just in general, really.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Does Seliph need anything special to fight Hector?

No, but I figured he might as well be useful for the rest of the battle.

1 hour ago, Thor Odinson said:

I run a 5* Nino with the same nature--as I don't have Julia, and I already ran Ryoma/Olivia (aka Hone Spd Hone Atk package), Nino fit really well into my team so I buffed her to a 5*. Probably the best decision I've ever made--and especially with skill inheritance, Nino's been ORKOing even most sword users in the arena, which is hella baller. Usually with the Atk/Spd buffs and LoD2 she does 25x2 on swords. If I boost her for max damage she can get 38x2. Ryoma's an issue because he counters and oneshots her, but if he doesn't have vantage up (assuming he does, because if you have Ryoma and are not running vantage what are you doing), I can get her to desperation level and just do the 25x2 or so straight up. 

She's...pretty ridiculous.

And like, if she's orkoing swords, the other colors don't even have a chance. Bar those with super high res, many of them are just straight-up oneshot.

Ooooh, sounds fun, I might have to try her. What's her stat total at max 5*? Julia is amazing, but she can't take out red's or Hectors, so Nino might be better with my team comp.

2 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

Is the current banner staying until the end of tomorrow or will it be gone by the beginning of the day tomorrow?

Just a general question.

The current banner expires at the usual day change time, in about 8 hours.

I have four male Robins right now. My first one was a 5-star male Robin, and all the others after him were 3-star. They ALL have a speed boon and ALL of them have different banes. Why do I keep getting +spd male Robins? HELP.

How the hell did an Ephraim double and KO my Hawkeye, who's at lv. 39? This was in the tower, but it still makes zero sense. Ephraim is supposed to be slow as well as at a disadvantage here. I picked this map because it had three lances and a healer, perfect for Hawkeye to pick off and get exp against. Then this Ephraim cheats...?

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

How the hell did an Ephraim double and KO my Hawkeye, who's at lv. 39? This was in the tower, but it still makes zero sense. Ephraim is supposed to be slow as well as at a disadvantage here. I picked this map because it had three lances and a healer, perfect for Hawkeye to pick off and get exp against. Then this Ephraim cheats...?

What was Ephraim's skills/weapons? Also which stratum was it?

Just now, Anacybele said:

Don't know, I think was the 8th.

8th to 10th Stratums (classified as the Lunatic ones) are pretty tricky to deal with, since units come with skills they don't normally have.

Just now, Iris said:

8th to 10th Stratums (classified as the Lunatic ones) are pretty tricky to deal with, since units come with skills they don't normally have.

What? I thought that was only in the 10th stratum.

Just now, Anacybele said:

What? I thought that was only in the 10th stratum.

Hmm, I was told it was all Lunatic stratums. I'm out of stamina, otherwise I'd check.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ana I'm sure you already know, if it happens in the tower, it never makes sense. 

They get increased stats and Ephraim has a bam bam ton of attack and if he has enough speed to double, it's over.

1 hour ago, immatx said:

No, but I figured he might as well be useful for the rest of the battle.

Ooooh, sounds fun, I might have to try her. What's her stat total at max 5*? Julia is amazing, but she can't take out red's or Hectors, so Nino might be better with my team comp.

160, 147 if we take out Gronnblade. 163 if you keep Res+3 and not use LoD2 and higher if you use Fury instead of LoD2, though LoD2 is really good and april update will be hopefully soon, anyway.

Nino will also require Desperation up to beat Hector. I ran the calcs for +spd Nino---she's like 2 HP short for a straight oneshot. +atk Nino might be able to pull it off.