Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

How the hell did an Ephraim double and KO my Hawkeye, who's at lv. 39? This was in the tower, but it still makes zero sense. Ephraim is supposed to be slow as well as at a disadvantage here. I picked this map because it had three lances and a healer, perfect for Hawkeye to pick off and get exp against. Then this Ephraim cheats...?

As I commented earlier, you really want to check stats and skills more carefully. It's why you often seem to get surprised by this sort of thing: it's possible to avoid surprises, but you have to play more carefully. It'll go a long way towards improving your win rate in the tower.

Even enemies other than the one you're immediately fighting can be important, if they use some sort of skill to buff the others.

Edited by Othin

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Ana I'm sure you already know, if it happens in the tower, it never makes sense. 

They get increased stats and Ephraim has a bam bam ton of attack and if he has enough speed to double, it's over.

So I can very easily get screwed because everything is random in the lunatic stratums. That's pretty stupid, I hope this is eventually changed. It makes leveling people above 35 or so really frustrating.

Just now, Anacybele said:

So I can very easily get screwed because everything is random in the lunatic stratums. That's pretty stupid, I hope this is eventually changed. It makes leveling people above 35 or so really frustrating.

All I do is laugh and wait for my stamina to refresh. You need to learn how to have a more humorous or positive attitude.

Remember, it's just game!

Why you have to be mad?

5 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

160, 147 if we take out Gronnblade. 163 if you keep Res+3 and not use LoD2 and higher if you use Fury instead of LoD2, though LoD2 is really good and april update will be hopefully soon, anyway.

Nino will also require Desperation up to beat Hector. I ran the calcs for +spd Nino---she's like 2 HP short for a straight oneshot. +atk Nino might be able to pull it off.

I think that's pretty much the same as Julia then, which is nice. No drop off for switching between them. Besides Hector is there anyone she has trouble with? Ryoma and Lucina maybe?

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

All I do is laugh and wait for my stamina to refresh. You need to learn how to have a more humorous or positive attitude.

Remember, it's just game!

Why you have to be mad?

I'm not mad, just frustrated. There's a difference. xP And I'm frustrated because I've been trying for days to get Hawkeye (and also Olivia, but with more focus on Hawkeye) to lv. 40 and it's been too difficult. I have a healer and dancer trying to help and everything. There's nothing more I can do.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, immatx said:

I think that's pretty much the same as Julia then, which is nice. No drop off for switching between them. Besides Hector is there anyone she has trouble with? Ryoma and Lucina maybe?

Lucina is not an issue if you don't let her get hit. With LoD2 + Atk/Spd Hone buffs (47 speed at 5*) applied she does around 25x2 which takes out Lucina easy. Tharja and Ryoma are tougher, but doable if you inherit desperation + ardent sacrifice on to her, and let her double them first. If you can't get desperation up though, don't fight them. Don't fight Ryoma with vantage up, period--I use my own Ryoma to take out Ninos and Julias that way. Roy will also take 2 turns to kill even if you also have buffs up, so you want a dancer around for roy. Don't fight Sanaki.

Nino has about 12def/22res with LoD2 so it's important to just never let her take hits. If you have to, make sure it's just nuking a Robin through a wall.

Edited by Thor Odinson

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I'm not mad, just frustrated. There's a difference. xP And I'm frustrated because I've been trying for days to get Hawkeye (and also Olivia, but with more focus on Hawkeye) to lv. 40 and it's been too difficult. I have a healer and dancer trying to help and everything. There's nothing more I can do.

Olivia 

Hawkeye

Healer

(Who?)

Put m Robin here instead of whoever else. This way his sword breaker can screw up anyone who wants to jigger with your Hawkeye. Also, Ephraim has low resistance. If you had Robin your chip damage would have been a major key for Hawkeye 

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Olivia 

Hawkeye

Healer

(Who?)

Put m Robin here instead of whoever else. This way his sword breaker can screw up anyone who wants to jigger with your Hawkeye. Also, Ephraim has low resistance. If you had Robin your chip damage would have been a major key for Hawkeye 

Sharena, because she's the only lv. 40 unit I have that can effectively double reds like 100% of the time. Male Robin will only do it if he's above 70% HP since he's got Swordbreaker 2, as otherwise, he's too slow. But I could try using him instead, I got nothing to lose except more stamina. xP

Edited by Anacybele

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's more that you can't make assumptions. If you see an Ephraim in the tower, you can't be sure about what stats or skills he might have; you just have to treat him as a lance infantry enemy that could do anything until you check to confirm otherwise.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I got nothing to lose except more stamina. xP

Ahhhhh

Now you get it.

Spoiler

To those who were paying attention, yes I used this song before, but if you're saying it in response to the same person it doesn't matter. 

Get off my back!

I dunno, I was wary about the Easter costume units, but they're growing on me a bit.  I guess I'll unload the Orbs I've been saving up, since I managed to Pull Ninian last week.  I'd like to get Lucina and Xander, since I don't have them at all, yet, and Camilla, since Mage Flyer.  Chrom would be okay, I guess, but I've lready got normal Chrom.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I dunno, I was wary about the Easter costume units, but they're growing on me a bit.  I guess I'll unload the Orbs I've been saving up, since I managed to Pull Ninian last week.  I'd like to get Lucina and Xander, since I don't have them at all, yet, and Camilla, since Mage Flyer.  Chrom would be okay, I guess, but I've lready got normal Chrom.

The last time I had a banner grow on me, I had some of the worse summon sessions in a row. I wouldn't do it. That's what the developers want you to think. Don't do it. Before it's too laaaattee.... *eternally still yelling down the Bottomless Canyon*

35 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

My advice is make your healer and dancer go weaponless along with a tank or a lvl 40 mage depending on who you want to max since it is hawkeye bring a mage to take out the tanks and use your healer and dancer as meat sheilds. this is one of the moer effective ways for  maxing out a unit.

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I dunno, I was wary about the Easter costume units, but they're growing on me a bit.

No!

This can't happen! You must resist the urge! Otherwise, you'll pull, run out of orbs, and spend money to finish off the percentages!

Do it for your children!

Spoiler

This has nothing to do with them but still

@Anacybele I think a lot of times you just forget to check enemy stats (which I think everyone here has done multiple times, certainly myself), and that's why you get caught off guard. If you get into the habit of checking all the enemy's stats before your own, it will save you quite a lot of trouble in both Arena and Training Tower.

Since there are no random crits or misses in Heroes, you can always know with 100% certainty whether or not a unit will double you or how much damage they'll do to you before you even enter combat. 

I get that doing all the calculations are cumbersome; I'm not always going to bother with a calculator for every little skirmish. But at the very least it should take no more than a few seconds to take a quick glance at all the enemy's stats and see which of them have 5 or more spd than your units (and if they or their allies have anything that would boost speed unexpectedly, like Darting Blow or Spur Spd) so you know who doubles whom. 

I still get tripped up every now and then in Arena or Training Tower, but I've found that more often than not it's because I didn't look closely enough at enemy stats or skills. If you get into the habit, it'll save you a lot of grief in the future :D

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

No!

This can't happen! You must resist the urge! Otherwise, you'll pull, run out of orbs, and spend money to finish off the percentages!

Do it for your children!

Hide contents

This has nothing to do with them but still

But Xander is so Fabulous!

Speaking of my children, Leo has taken to repeating all the battle quotes that he hears when I'm playing Heroes.  It's cute.

Just now, Rezzy said:

But Xander is so Fabulous!

Speaking of my children, Leo has taken to repeating all the battle quotes that he hears when I'm playing Heroes.  It's cute.

It would be extremely ironic if you pull Xander and he starts copying him cause in an alternate universe they are technically brothers heh.

Wait, what am I saying? Don't encourage Nintendo's silly festivities! Besides what if you pull Camilla? Then you'd have to cover his eyes every time he sees the screen!

Spoiler

At least I would anyway.

Even though that's technically his sister . . . . . . . .

11 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@Anacybele I think a lot of times you just forget to check enemy stats (which I think everyone here has done multiple times, certainly myself), and that's why you get caught off guard. If you get into the habit of checking all the enemy's stats before your own, it will save you quite a lot of trouble in both Arena and Training Tower.

Since there are no random crits or misses in Heroes, you can always know with 100% certainty whether or not a unit will double you or how much damage they'll do to you before you even enter combat. 

I get that doing all the calculations are cumbersome; I'm not always going to bother with a calculator for every little skirmish. But at the very least it should take no more than a few seconds to take a quick glance at all the enemy's stats and see which of them have 5 or more spd than your units (and if they or their allies have anything that would boost speed unexpectedly, like Darting Blow or Spur Spd) so you know who doubles whom. 

I still get tripped up every now and then in Arena or Training Tower, but I've found that more often than not it's because I didn't look closely enough at enemy stats or skills. If you get into the habit, it'll save you a lot of grief in the future :D

Yeah, I believe I do forget about checking skills and stats a lot, actually. I really should remember more often. And yeah, no random crits and misses is indeed nice.

I...don't dig Xander's pose in his bunny art at all. I just don't see him really standing like that, he seems too serious. xP Outfit is okay though. Still prefer Chrom's, however. And Camilla and Lucina are actually a little more modest than I thought. I didn't see their entire artworks at first, but now I have. Camilla's wearing something on her legs entirely for a change! No exposed panties!

Oh, so we don't have a Lunatic Challenges thread or a quest thread?

9-3, 9-4, and 9-5 I've not been able to beat doing the challenges and 9-5 I haven't beaten at all unlike the others. The one that had me worried the most was 9-1 since you needed a dagger user and my highest leveled dagger user is a level 35 Jakob with high attack, low defense. Figured it would be the most difficult one. Nope. He tanked a hit, survived, took out a unit, and everyone else did their thing. 9-1 Michalis is so much easier than GHB Lunatic Michalis. 9-2 was easy. Just kept Lissa out of the way and had her heal people.

9-3 is annoying in that Ursula and sword cavalier cover so much ground and there are trees everywhere. Green mage is a jerk too. The knights aren't as annoying if you can maneuver around them, but I only have one Armorslayer sword unit and it's Selena. I might have to level up Eldigan, but I'm worried about the mages getting to him. Lucina can definitely take care of the axe knight if nobody's around to damage her or did damage to her. Eirika can too, but she doesn't do enough damage that it wouldn't be safe unless the only remaining unit was the axe knight and the green mage seeing as her resistance is pretty good and she could take him out too.

9-4, I don't know how to approach it in a way that doesn't get everyone killed. The AI knows not to have the Mysterious Man attacking F!Robin, but I don't know if she can take out the mounted archer who can get baited by her with attack buffs. With who the lance unit is, Catria and Subaki are probably not good ideas since they're fliers, same with Shanna who is underleveled, Sharena and Sully are underleveled, especially Sully, and don't have great resistance -- Sully has low res, high def --, and Jagen's slow and more of a resistance tank. Effie's durable, but she's a knight and it's a pain. She doesn't even provide any buffs unlike Gwendolyn who's underleveled.

9-5 is a pain. The only green axe units I have that don't have crappy resistance are Anna and Hawkeye. Anna's res isn't as good as Hawkeye, but she's at least fast enough that she probably will not get doubled by anyone and can probably take out the blue mage with ease. Hawkeye, despite his good resistance, gets doubled by Veronica and instantly dies. I might want to use Raven since he's the only other axe unit who's close to level 40 and has decent res because of his high res, low def boon/bane. If only I had a Camilla or Minerva... The other problem is that because of the freaking map, it's annoying to get around making dealing with ranged attacks from almost everyone even more annoying. Corrin's the only unit that I have that is a good blue magic unit -- dragons have been my ghetto mages since Tiki was summoned. Ninian's a support unit, especially since she has low attack, high HP, Odin exists, and while Ursula would be great, I'd have to power-level her in hopes she doesn't die from Xander who has Distant Counter or anyone else not named Veronica. As for other ranged units, my only archer is Virion because the game refuses to let me have any other archer, but him. 15 freaking summons and the only archer I summon is another Virion and that was like 10-13 summons ago. I'd bet Niles would be really useful seeing as how outside of Xander and the sword infantry, everyone else is a mage or cleric. Maybe Jeorge, Klein, Rebecca, and Setsuna too. Takumi would at least murder someone. As for thieves, Felicia's the only one with good res; Gaius's overall defenses sucks and the 4* has low res, Jakob and Matthew's res are meh, and Saizo's resistance is atrocious. Kagero would be a godsend since she'd be effective against everyone, but Xander. Question is if she can live or not. Felicia would probably do fine if she were a higher level, but she's not exactly a powerhouse and the threat of a cavalry unit with high physical stats is always looming.

9 extra orbs would be nice even though I have +100 orbs now and I don't plan on summoning the Spring banner since the only units that would be useful would be Lucina and Xander because having more blue units would be nice -- I've been screwed on blue units since recently and archers since forever. A flying mage would be cool and I like how pretty Chrom and Xander look, but I'd rather get other units like another axe unit with good res which is normal Camilla.

Edited by Kaden

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Oh, so we don't have a Lunatic Challenges thread or a quest thread?

9-3, 9-4, and 9-5 I've not been able to beat doing the challenges and 9-5 I haven't beaten at all unlike the others. The one that had me worried the most was 9-1 since you needed a dagger user and my highest leveled dagger user is a level 35 Jakob with high attack, low defense. Figured it would be the most difficult one. Nope. He tanked a hit, survived, took out a unit, and everyone else did their thing. 9-1 Michalis is so much easier than GHB Lunatic Michalis. 9-2 was easy. Just kept Lissa out of the way and had her heal people.

9-3 is annoying in that Ursula and sword cavalier cover so much ground and there are trees everywhere. Green mage is a jerk too. The knights aren't as annoying if you can maneuver around them, but I only have one Armorslayer sword unit and it's Selena. I might have to level up Eldigan, but I'm worried about the mages getting to him. Lucina can definitely take care of the axe knight if nobody's around to damage her or did damage to her. Eirika can too, but she doesn't do enough damage that it wouldn't be safe unless the only remaining unit was the axe knight and the green mage seeing as her resistance is pretty good and she could take him out too.

9-4, I don't know how to approach it in a way that doesn't get everyone killed. The AI knows not to have the Mysterious Man attacking F!Robin, but I don't know if she can take out the mounted archer who can get baited by her with attack buffs. With who the lance unit is, Catria and Subaki are probably not good ideas since they're fliers, same with Shanna who is underleveled, Sharena and Sully are underleveled, especially Sully, and don't have great resistance -- Sully has low res, high def --, and Jagen's slow and more of a resistance tank. Effie's durable, but she's a knight and it's a pain. She doesn't even provide any buffs unlike Gwendolyn who's underleveled.

9-5 is a pain. The only green axe units I have that don't have crappy resistance are Anna and Hawkeye. Anna's res isn't as good as Hawkeye, but she's at least fast enough that she probably will not get doubled by anyone and can probably take out the blue mage with ease. Hawkeye, despite his good resistance, gets doubled by Veronica and instantly dies. I might want to use Raven since he's the only other axe unit who's close to level 40 and has decent res because of his high res, low def boon/bane. If only I had a Camilla or Minerva... The other problem is that because of the freaking map, it's annoying to get around making dealing with ranged attacks from almost everyone even more annoying. Corrin's the only unit that I have that is a good blue magic unit -- dragons have been my ghetto mages since Tiki was summoned. Ninian's a support unit, especially since she has low attack, high HP, Odin exists, and while Ursula would be great, I'd have to power-level her in hopes she doesn't die from Xander who has Distant Counter or anyone else not named Veronica. As for other ranged units, my only archer is Virion because the game refuses to let me have any other archer, but him. 15 freaking summons and the only archer I summon is another Virion and that was like 10-13 summons ago. I'd bet Niles would be really useful seeing as how outside of Xander and the sword infantry, everyone else is a mage or cleric. Maybe Jeorge, Klein, Rebecca, and Setsuna too. Takumi would at least murder someone. As for thieves, Felicia's the only one with good res; Gaius's overall defenses sucks and the 4* has low res, Jakob and Matthew's res are meh, and Saizo's resistance is atrocious. Kagero would be a godsend since she'd be effective against everyone, but Xander. Question is if she can live or not. Felicia would probably do fine if she were a higher level, but she's not exactly a powerhouse and the threat of a cavalry unit with high physical stats is always looming.

9 extra orbs would be nice even though I have +100 orbs now and I don't plan on summoning the Spring banner since the only units that would be useful would be Lucina and Xander because having more blue units would be nice -- I've been screwed on blue units since recently and archers since forever.

*ahem*

Well, you could've made on yourself

That's kinda the reason why these "forum" things exist

So you can make threads

Then make posts like this . . . . . . . . . . 

Just now, Arcanite said:

*ahem*

Well, you could've made on yourself

That's kinda the reason why these "forum" things exist

So you can make threads

Then make posts like this . . . . . . . . . . 

I figured there would have been one by now, but seeing as there isn't I figured maybe there's a reason why there isn't a quests thread. So... general quests thread since the Lunatic Challenge ends in a couple of days? Would make more sense for a general one that can be specific for the more difficult ones.

@Kaden Yeah i'm surprised that no one made such a thread. I don't know why. It just never occurred to anyone. I think it's cause this isn't as cruel as the training tower quests which I found to be ridiculously not worth it. Even then, you have to hope you get good maps on the training tower, do it 15 times, and all without dying. I'm surprised I even pulled through with the calvary quest.

14 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Post all your units so we can help you! I was able to bait units properly and kill Ursula/Masked Man with F!Robin, and Ursula trivializes 9-5. I've beaten everything without inheritance or Light's Blessings so ^-^

Edited by Iris

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

I figured there would have been one by now, but seeing as there isn't I figured maybe there's a reason why there isn't a quests thread. So... general quests thread since the Lunatic Challenge ends in a couple of days? Would make more sense for a general one that can be specific for the more difficult ones.

I guess you're right.

While we're on the subject, I still never even started to attempt these quests. I want to be a gangster and say "I did them all in one try with no blessings, come at me" so Im trying to be as prepared as possible.