• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

34 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Fred/Marth/M!Robin/[Other, probably an extra Blue or a Healer/Dancer] would be a strong team for you. 

Last slot should probably just be whatever bonus unit available, even if it's a non-feathered GHB unit.  You'd get more points doing Intermediate with a bonus unit than Advanced without.  I THINK you might even get more on Beginner with a bonus unit than Advanced without.

54 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

That was all why Takumi is no longer as feared as he used to be. Adding on to that, the reason he's no longer even considered the best archer anymore is because of how much Setsuna benefits from Skill Inheritance. Setsuna was always an example of a unit that had incredible stats (one of the highest speeds in the entire game) but mediocre weapons and skills. However, if you manage to get a Brave Bow+, Life and Death, Desperation set on her, Setsuna will be able to hit almost every single unit in the game 4 times before they even get a chance to counterattack (which they won't, if you're hitting them 4 times at once). 

The reason this works on Setsuna and no other archer is because she's the only archer with a good enough speed to be able to wield a Brave Bow and still double almost the entire metagame (with help from Life and Death). Since doubling with a Brave Bow is 4 hits instead of 2 and because Desperation allows you to get in both of your hits (so all 4, with a Brave weapon) before enemy counterattack, Setsuna's taken over Takumi's place as the most dangerous archer. 

That sounds pretty crazy, I wonder if I should start considering upgrading her and all. Although the throne of the best archer may change once again in the future, so investing that much in a single unit seems... somewhat risky.

2 minutes ago, Fire Penguin Disco Panda said:

That sounds pretty crazy, I wonder if I should start considering upgrading her and all. Although the throne of the best archer may change once again in the future, so investing that much in a single unit seems... somewhat risky.

I don't expect the throne to change unless they introduce new archer units with amazing unique weapons (which they very well could). But among the archers currently available, I don't see anyone topping Setsuna's optimal set. 

The caveat, of course, is that her optimal set is very expensive. Brave Bow+ requires sacrificing a 5* Gordin or Klein while Life and Death 3 requires sacrificing a 5* Hana or Minerva (Desperation is relatively easy to get from 4* Shanna and Ardent Sacrifice/Reciprocal Aid to help her get into Desperation range is likewise fairly common). This is all on top of promoting Setsuna herself to 5* as well. Unless you already have these materials available or are a massive sea mammal, you probably won't get to use Setsuna at her best. 

53 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I have 16,546 feathers.

Dang, you're that close already! Hopefully the arena will move a little quicker for you once you level Xander enough.

Are his quotes any annoying btw? All of this is a factor on whether or not I cave.

Setsuna already has Reciprocal Aid anyway... She just needs Moonbow and then it'll all go to shit for the enemy. That's evil af. Would Fury work over Life and Death though? She's strictly Player Phase anyway, and the damage will chip her into Desperation range.

Setsuna's still kinda held back by low stat total though... Maybe the April Arena rework will make her show up more in the future.

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I don't expect the throne to change unless they introduce new archer units with amazing unique weapons (which they very well could). But among the archers currently available, I don't see anyone topping Setsuna's optimal set. 

The caveat, of course, is that her optimal set is very expensive. Brave Bow+ requires sacrificing a 5* Gordin or Klein while Life and Death 3 requires sacrificing a 5* Hana or Minerva (Desperation is relatively easy to get from 4* Shanna and Ardent Sacrifice/Reciprocal Aid to help her get into Desperation range is likewise fairly common). This is all on top of promoting Setsuna herself to 5* as well. Unless you already have these materials available or are a massive sea mammal, you probably won't get to use Setsuna at her best. 

Yeah, after making the calculations of the total feather cost it totally must be an overkill unit. Maybe it's still worth with a Brave Bow, Life and Death 2, etc? Anyway, I liked a lot your detailed explanation of Setsuna, thanks for it.

8 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

or are a massive sea mammal

1. Mega Wishiwashis are not mammals.
  2. Mega Wishiwashis will probably already have the materials ready (or close to it) anyways, so it's mostly redundant.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:
  1. Mega Wishiwashis are not mammals.
  2. Mega Wishiwashis will probably already have the materials ready (or close to it) anyways, so it's mostly redundant.

Right you are. I'll be sure to just say massive sea creatures instead from now on. 

(Also, as a Mega Wishiwashi, have you tried or do you intend to try out said Setsuna build? And also do you think there's a better archer build right now than said Setuna build because I'd definitely be interested)

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

12 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Dang, you're that close already! Hopefully the arena will move a little quicker for you once you level Xander enough.

Are his quotes any annoying btw? All of this is a factor on whether or not I cave.

Xander's already lv. 40 and it's not really moving that much quicker... :(

Not annoying to me, but I can see how someone else could get tired of "Spring is here!" :P Otherwise, I don't think any of his quotes could really annoy anyone.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Huh? Last I checked, they're mammals.

Wishiwashi looks like a whale, but it's just a Lil fish.

A WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE bunch of Lil fish

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Xander's already lv. 40 and it's not really moving that much quicker... :(

Not annoying to me, but I can see how someone else could get tired of "Spring is here!" :P Otherwise, I don't think any of his quotes could really annoy anyone.

Oh well.

So tempting to pull for him :(:

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Right you are. I'll be sure to just say massive sea creatures instead from now on. 

(Also, as a Mega Wishiwashi, have you tried or do you intend to try out said Setsuna build? And also do you think there's a better archer build right now because I'd definitely be interested)

I'd like to run calcs to see how well it performs, but it looks promising. I'm somewhat worried about her low base Atk, though, but that's what running calcs is for.

Just now, Arcanite said:

Wishiwashi looks like a whale, but it's just a Lil fish.

A WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE bunch of Lil fish

I thought we were talking about actual whales...

But either way, we're referring to people who spend money, and humans are mammals, so I win.

#UnblockableOptionSelect

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

But either way, we're referring to people who spend money, and humans are mammals, so I win.

#UnblockableOptionSelect

Lemme get this straight:

You looked at the name "Wishiwashi", and thought we were still talking about actual whales?

I don't think you win dude

#NoDoubleUForU

Are we talking about the infamous Quadsuna here (big thing on reddit)? With 40 speed (+SPD nature), she can indeed quad-attack a lot of things, though that +SPD is really important for that. Also, I don't know about you guys, but I see plenty of stuff with 35+ SPD in the arena. On average she could quad a lot, but people generally put a high emphasis on using units with high speed and +SPD natures, not to mention running things like LOD and/or Fury. This is my personal experience, though. 

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

#UnblockableOptionSelect

I was originally referring to whales (which are indeed mammals), but @Ice Dragon objected, stating that he is a Mega Wishiwashi and not a whale, with Wishiwashis, of course, being fish and not mammals.

Just another day of pure Fire Emblem discussion here at Serenes Forest :D

EDIT: @Birdy Indeed we are, my friend. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

1 minute ago, Birdy said:

Are we talking about the infamous Quadsuna here (big thing on reddit)? With 40 speed (+SPD nature), she can indeed quad-attack a lot of things, though that +SPD is really important for that. Also, I don't know about you guys, but I see plenty of stuff with 35+ SPD in the arena. On average she could quad a lot, but people generally put a high emphasis on using units with high speed and +SPD natures, not to mention running things like LOD and/or Fury. This is my personal experience, though. 

With life and death and a brave bow (and even an attack buff) she'll still do some nasty damage to certain units, but nothing extreme

Now, if she was in desperation, with a speed and attack buff, then it's completely over. You would need 39 speed to avoid getting doubled AKA Quadrupled. 

Now I regret killing her for feathers before inheritance was announced :(

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Lemme get this straight:

You looked at the name "Wishiwashi", and thought we were still talking about actual whales?

I don't think you win dude

#NoDoubleUForU

Read Amphy's original post. Ugh!!

I'm torn about Setsuna. She's great Bowbreaker food.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

I wish my luck with colorless summons would be better in general. Half of what I've summoned from them have to be made up of Matthews and NIles. Then I summoned a couple Virions too. The rest were a few lowly healers.

I think I used up my colorless orb luck when I got a Takumi early into the game. I've been trying to get a Sakura for the longest time, but the game likes to throw 3-star dagger users at me. And on the rare occasion I get a 4-star healer, it's duplicate Lissa or Wrys.

That said, I got a Roy today and I'm pretty happy about that, even if he is -atk.

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

That said, I got a Roy today and I'm pretty happy about that, even if he is -atk.

I got a Roy while rolling for bunny Lucina (sometimes blue orbs didn't show up in a session, and red > green for both maintaining my focus streak and for inheritance), and was so happy to finally have a Triangle Adept fodder that didn't need to be 5-star.  Then I checked his IVs and, while I don't really what it was right now, I remember it was really good.  Now I don't want to get rid of him in case some skill combination comes out that makes Roy an absolute monster.

40 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

(Also, as a Mega Wishiwashi, have you tried or do you intend to try out said Setsuna build? And also do you think there's a better archer build right now than said Setuna build because I'd definitely be interested)

I have run the calcs (using Luna as the special so that it activates on the fourth hit).

She's got really good coverage. Like, really good. Her low base Atk does come back to bite her a bit because she's failing to kill unbuffed +Spd Tharja by 5 HP and misses the double attack on +Spd Lucina without a Hone Spd buff. Ryoma will also kill her on the counterattack if she fails to double attack after Ardent Sacrifice.

She really, really wants Eirika buffs to grab those few key one-round kills, but she'll still struggle against a lot of Fury 3 variants of units with enough Spd to avoid being double attacked or those with decent bulk.

She gets one-round killed by about 90% of all vanilla units on enemy phase.

On a defense team, I'd probably run her with someone with Rally Atk and Hone Spd (or Rally Spd and Hone Atk) and hope the AI keeps attempting to buff her. Also probably with a Weaponbreaker instead of Desperation because the AI doesn't really know how to use Desperation well.