Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

6 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Is Nosferatu even in the game yet? If not, who would use it? I really wanna say Lute should use it. XD

No way! I'm pretty sure Knoll would appreciate Nosferatu more.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Is Nosferatu even in the game yet? If not, who would use it? I really wanna say Lute should use it. XD

It isn't. Closest thing is Absorb, the staff. I don't really see the rationale for Lute, since she can't use it in her own game. Although I do hope she gets in in some form, maybe with Fimbulvetr or something.

8 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If there's a red brave tome, it'll be Waste. Celica will probably wield her own tome.

I'm hoping Celica gets Ragnarok as a personal tome. Waste would be cool, although I'm not sure who would use it. I'd expect it to be an FE13 character, but Tharja and Henry have different weapons while Validar and Aversa have their own tomes they're more likely to use if they become available.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

He's talking about Thracia 776!Finn.

Which is weird, since Finn had it as a regular weapon in FE4.

1 minute ago, goodperson707 said:

That was the only possiblity that made sense, but it still isn't true with how I'd clarify original.    

Sure, to me the original Jagen is Jagen. Finn doesn't really qualify as an original Jagen indeed. But he qualifies as an original Jagen with a brave weapon, hooray!

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm hoping Celica gets Ragnarok as a personal tome. Waste would be cool, although I'm not sure who would use it. I'd expect it to be an FE13 character, but Tharja and Henry have different weapons while Validar and Aversa have their own tomes they're more likely to use if they become available.

'cept Rangnarok is also some weird tome thing in Fates.  Unless Celica's a red mage?  As for Waste. . .

Spoiler

Morgan, perhaps, given how he/she is portrayed in Awakening's DLC.

Edited by eclipse

11 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Wait, doesn't Lute use Anima magic?

14 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Oliver's signature weapon is Nosferatu, it'd be cool if he gets a GHB.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Sure, to me the original Jagen is Jagen. Finn doesn't really qualify as an original Jagen indeed. But he qualifies as an original Jagen with a brave weapon, hooray!

I'm talking more along the lines of what Othin posted above. It's not the Jagen part it's the brave weapon part, both that Finn's was the original (wouldn't that be Lex's by chronology?) one and that it is a preference weapon in regards to originality. 

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Wait, doesn't Lute use Anima magic?

Yup. Figured people would say no. Lute with Nosferatu was just a passing "what if" thought.

3 minutes ago, goodperson707 said:

I'm talking more along the lines of what Othin posted above. It's not the Jagen part it's the brave weapon part, both that Finn's was the original (wouldn't that be Lex's by chronology?) one and that it is a preference weapon in regards to originality. 

Genealogy Finn wasn't really playing a role of a babysitter (unless you count Ch. 7 for Leif and Nanna), whereas Thracia Finn did, even though he shared the duties with Eyvel and Dagdar.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

'cept Rangnarok is also some weird tome thing in Fates.  Unless Celica's a red mage?  As for Waste. . .

Reveal hidden contents

Morgan, perhaps, given how he/she is portrayed in Awakening's DLC.

It does seem to be the same Japanese spelling, but I don't think that has to be an issue, since the Fates version is just referencing it as a "silver" tome. I'd expect Ragnarok to be a red spell anyway, probably an upgrade from Bolganone.

Ok to clarify a bit

I forgot Lex had Brave Axe earlier than Finn. 

FE4 was the debut of Brave Lance, and it was essentially the signature weapon of Finn, who is basically a Jagen. Both Finn and Oifey counts as a Jagen for me since their storyline is like extremely simmilar

The joke is that considering that the original debut of Brave weapon (Lance) was a signature weapon for a Jagen character, i find it kinda funny that none of the Jagen in this game so far(Jagen, Frederick, Gunter) had innate Braves

Edited by JSND

4 minutes ago, JSND said:

Ok to clarify a bit

I forgot Lex had Brave Axe earlier than Finn. 

FE4 was the debut of Brave Lance, and it was essentially the signature weapon of Finn, who is basically a Jagen. Both Finn and Oifey counts as a Jagen for me since their storyline is like extremely simmilar

The joke is that considering that the original debut of Brave weapon (Lance) was a signature weapon for a Jagen character, i find it kinda funny that none of the Jagen in this game so far(Jagen, Frederick, Gunter) had innate Braves

I still feel like that's a weird comparison. Brave weapons debuted in FE4 as the weapons of various random characters, then one of them turned out to have a Jagen-like role in FE5 (and the second generation of FE4).

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Genealogy Finn wasn't really playing a role of a babysitter (unless you count Ch. 7 for Leif and Nanna), whereas Thracia Finn did, even though he shared the duties with Eyvel and Dagdar.

Again ignore (and ignoring) the Jagen and focus on the original part (particularly in regards to the brave weapon) yes a brave weapon was a preference weapon of a unit who can be considered a Jagen and that unit was in a previous game where the brave weapon wasn't a preference and he dosen't fit the Jagen type as easily but I don't see how that relates to the orginal comment or that comment being true. 

^^ I get where your coming from now, but I don't agree with the intial statement and I think you overdid the connection . (Though I get how those games would lend themselves to do so)  

Edited by goodperson707

Checked the tier list and was surprised at Setsuna. Reading the combo people suggest is crazy, but I think only a dedciated fan of Setsuna or a dedicated fan of the metagame will build it. Really if I'd want a potent brave bow user I'd just use Gordin or Klein.

2 hours ago, Aera said:

Does the target unit take damage from Savage Blow like from Fates or does it only damage its allies?

Only allies.

EDIT: thanks to reddit user KazKirigiri, we now again have the calendar images clear of the text!

Roy:

NnVVRKO.png

Lucina:

yvJg9fJ.png

Edited by Vaximillian

It's kinda funny, my first 5* (which was like, my second or third pull when the game came out) was Lucina... And now in the Spring banner, the VERY FIRST pull I did was bunny Lucina. I wonder if I'll keep up the streak with Choose Your Legends Lucina.

Hi, I'm looking for suggestions on who to 5 star as my Blue unit for my team.

My normal main team is 5* Lyn, 5* Merric and then switching between 4* Ursula (with 4*Gunter if using her), 4*+1 Catria and/or 5* Sakura/Lucius.

Currently I notice I need a good blue on my team, which is why I'm using Ursula + Gunter (for the bonus points, too).

The candidates are:

1.) 4* -Atk/+Res Robin- Maxed out he's still...meh at best. While Colorless coverage is nice, -Atk kind of hurts and wondering if it is worth the feathers to promote him.

2.) 4* -Res/+HP Catria- I will lose my +1 boosts (I did it before skill inheritance was a thing), but she's a good melee fighter. Then I become super weak to Colorless Archers though but her mobility/Seal Attack might make up for it at times

3.) 4* Ursula- This means I'll have to run Gunter with her for maximum damage. She is limited in forest maps and such but with Gunter's boosts, she is pretty solid.

4.) 4* -Def/+HP Abel- Fast delete button for Swords, but -Def isn't ideal. Will also lose his +1 boosts, and the only skill he is getting is HP+5 so I feel he's not the best priority?

Otherwise since I have 40k feathers, I can also upgrade any of these units:

A.) 4* Frederick -HP/+Atk - Been a solid mobile Defensive tank, and Wings of Mercy is pretty clutch. A game full of swords is bad for him though

B.) 3* Nino -Atk/+Spd- Again, -Atk hurts but wondering if more doubling makes up for it. Will need more feather for her to be maxed out and might need to run her with Olivia/Tharja. That said, maybe I shouldn't 5 star a -Attack unit.

C.) 4* Tharja -Res/+Spd- Speed boon is great, but I'll be even more weak to blues and needs more support.

D.) 4* Michalis- Almost maxed him out at 4 star, wondering if I should use the exp bonus to 5 star him.

Any help is appreciated :)

8 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Hi, I'm looking for suggestions on who to 5 star as my Blue unit for my team.

My normal main team is 5* Lyn, 5* Merric and then switching between 4* Ursula (with 4*Gunter if using her), 4*+1 Catria and/or 5* Sakura/Lucius.

Currently I notice I need a good blue on my team, which is why I'm using Ursula + Gunter (for the bonus points, too).

The candidates are:

1.) 4* -Atk/+Res Robin- Maxed out he's still...meh at best. While Colorless coverage is nice, -Atk kind of hurts and wondering if it is worth the feathers to promote him.

2.) 4* -Res/+HP Catria- I will lose my +1 boosts (I did it before skill inheritance was a thing), but she's a good melee fighter. Then I become super weak to Colorless Archers though but her mobility/Seal Attack might make up for it at times

3.) 4* Ursula- This means I'll have to run Gunter with her for maximum damage. She is limited in forest maps and such but with Gunter's boosts, she is pretty solid.

4.) 4* -Def/+HP Abel- Fast delete button for Swords, but -Def isn't ideal. Will also lose his +1 boosts, and the only skill he is getting is HP+5 so I feel he's not the best priority?

Otherwise since I have 40k feathers, I can also upgrade any of these units:

A.) 4* Frederick -HP/+Atk - Been a solid mobile Defensive tank, and Wings of Mercy is pretty clutch. A game full of swords is bad for him though

B.) 3* Nino -Atk/+Spd- Again, -Atk hurts but wondering if more doubling makes up for it. Will need more feather for her to be maxed out and might need to run her with Olivia/Tharja. That said, maybe I shouldn't 5 star a -Attack unit.

C.) 4* Tharja -Res/+Spd- Speed boon is great, but I'll be even more weak to blues and needs more support.

D.) 4* Michalis- Almost maxed him out at 4 star, wondering if I should use the exp bonus to 5 star him.

Any help is appreciated :)

For the blues, I think it's between Ursula, Robin, and Abel.

If takumi isn't a problem, then it's down to Ursula and Abel

If he is then it's Ursula or Robin, although -atk Robin might just not be good enough. So I think I'd go Ursula because Most red units don't have a ridiculous amount resistance anyway. Another thing you could do is 5 star Ursula and robin and give Ursula blarraven+. But able has sword breaker also which complicates things. So the plan is, give Ursula Sword breaker 3 and 5 start her. I'm sure other people will give you suggestions but this is my opinion.

Glad to know I'm not the only one with way over 20,000 feathers XD

Out of the bottom 4 it's either Tharja or Michalis, hands down. Tharja has plus speed which is absolutely filthy. That with blade bonus and darting blow, makes her extremely potent. And Michalis is pretty self explanatory, he's just a relatively solid/decent unit.

25 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

The candidates are:

I don't see Sharena on that list, she's pretty great (and pretty). I'm massively biased in favour of her, however.

Michalis is also a decent pick if you need a green flying physical tank armed with 16 Mt killer axe. Groovy.

In other news, my Gordin has started his ascension into godhood:

WAFjhGl.png

Hone Atk is just a placeholder until I get two Haweyes for Death Blow and Threaten Atk, and then he'll be all set.
I'm actually going to use him in the upcoming voting gauntlet, because fliers and all.

Edited by Vaximillian

Oooh thanks for the idea! 

I like to collect units so maybe I'll wait for another Abel if I'm lucky for Swordbreaker (I wish I didn't merge Abel before Skill Inheritance was announced..). Having both Ursula and Abel together really helped with the cavalier quest.

And yes I was about to add Sharena to the list since I forgot! Having a melee blue unit is also pretty good since right now, Lyn is my main melee unit.

Since Michalis is pretty much a bonus unit for the next arena change, I might go with him and maybe replace Narcian in GHBs. Would be good if I don't get a Minerva in future banners.

You should go for Sharena , since you will use merric you should not use another mage in the same team or you will lost a lot of points in arena ( 2 heroes with 162 or less of valoration)

Sharena,Lyn,Michalis and Merric looks like a good team to me xD and if u do Michalis 5s too , you will enjoy 2 weeks in arena lmao

Oh just realised this isn't the Ask Questions topic and was confused...oh well thanks for the suggestions!

Yeah I was planning to 5 star my Cherche too but I think I'll wait until I get a +Attack nature (or I i get lucky in the wyvern rider banner- either Cherche/Minerva would be fantastic but Michalis sounds like a good backup unit in case of disappointment)

On the plus side, I did finally reach the 4000 mark in Arena with my current team! (Was really caring more about the daily arena quests, that's why I wasn't taking into account stat totals and such)

edit: by the way, how much SP does Nino usually want to get the most wanted skills for her? I have 2 -Def/+Spd Ninos on my other account (1 is 3 star level 40, other is just pulled 4 star), so I was wondering if it's worth it to upgrade 3 star since I already have all those SP or if I should just use the 4 star one to upgrade to the eventual 5 star.

As for skills, currently I have a spare Odin to give her Moonbow. Although I don't have spares, I also have a Hinata for Fury and a Shanna for Desperation. Just want to make as much use of the Exp bonus season while it lasts.

Edited by mcsilas

9 hours ago, Falcom said:

Why would Lute use a dark/light tome that was dark in her game (meaning she couldn't use it)?

As for brave tomes, I imagine Celica will get a green one locked to her in reference to the weapon named after her in Awakening.  ...And I guess there'll be a red one sometime.