• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I think you should have a dancer or one more range unit instead of 3 close combat units. 1 to 2 close units is enough for me, there's no room for a lot of them stand around watching their teammates fighting to the death, especially in those strategic arena maps.

37 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, so much for trying to use calculations... I'm just not capable of using them, no matter how hard I try. I admit I don't have an actual calculator, but I never remember the stupid formulas. I never was good at those anyway.

If it helps, I personally use these two: https://rocketmo.github.io/feh-damage-calc/ & http://andyiverson.me/apps/fehmasssimulator/ I don't use any calculations in-game, but I like using these to try out builds and such. 

Edit: Just a dusclaimer, I'm not sure if these are 100% correct, but so far, they look good. 

Edited by Birdy

Just now, Birdy said:

If it helps, I personally use these two: https://rocketmo.github.io/feh-damage-calc/ & http://andyiverson.me/apps/fehmasssimulator/ I don't use any calculations in-game, but I like using these to try out builds and such. 

Okay, but what if I can't use my laptop? What if I'm on the road or something? Then I have nothing.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I think I'm just going to rebuild my team entirely. Except for male Robin since he can take care of pretty much any red. I really hate having to drop Frederick, but this team is not cutting it.

Remember when I said you should promote Robin and not Frederick? Ahhh, good times

Julia is kind of nuts but a sword user can get around her easy. Did you ever try using Marf in the arena?

Also, grab a pen and paper for these formulas:

Spoiler

X = attacking unit's attack stat

Y = defending unit's defend stat

Z = final damage

X(a) = attack with weapon advantage 

X(d) = attack with Weapon disadvantage

Neutral damage formula: 

X - Y = Z

example: 48 - 20 = 28

Weapon Triangle Advantage formula:

(X×1.2) = X(a)

X(a) - Y = Z

example: (48×1.2) = 57.6 (in cases like this, you round down so X(a) is 57)

57 - 20 = 33

Weapon Triangle disadvantage 

(X×.8) = X(d)

X(d) - Y = Z

Example: (48×.8) = 38.4 (you round up here so X(d) is 39)

39 - 20 = 19

Ice dragorn told me how rounding works Rounding is always towards the original number. So advantage rounds down (because made the number bigger) and disadvantage rounds up (because made the number smaller).

MAKE SURE YOU WRITE THIS DOWN 

Edited by Arcanite

Just now, Arcanite said:

Remember when I said you should promote Robin and not Frederick? Ahhh, good times

Julia is kind of nuts but a sword user can get around her easy. Did you ever try using Marf in the arena?

Also, grab a pen and paper for these formulas:

Reveal hidden contents

X = attacking unit's attack stat

Y = defending unit's defend stat

Z = final damage

X(a) = attack with weapon advantage 

X(d) = attack with Weapon disadvantage

Neutral damage formula: 

X - Y = Z

example: 48 - 20 = 28

Weapon Triangle Advantage formula:

(X×1.2) = X(a)

X(a) - Y = Z

example: (48×1.2) = 57.6 (in cases like this, you round up so X(a) is 58)

58 - 20 = 38

Weapon Triangle disadvantage 

(X×.8) = X(d)

X(d) - Y = Z

Example: (48×.8) = 38.4 (you round down here so X(d) is 38)

38 - 20 = 18

Also, I think no matter what decimal you have, you round up with Advantage. And with disadvantage you always round down

MAKE SURE YOU WRITE THIS DOWN 

Reveal hidden contents

I'm pretty drunk tired right now so if I did or said something wrong, please tell me

Cause I'm still not sure how the whole rounding thing works heh

Can you not insult me please? So what if I prioritized Frederick instead of Robin? He is still my favorite and at the time, I thought Robin could still be pulled as a 5 Star. Frederick's never been a focus character and probably never will.

My Marth was never level 40. And I'm waiting to upgrade him to 5 star anyway. I'm just 2900 feathers away from that now though.

I mean, you never know. He could always show up in a Fighting XYZ focus.

What other greens do you have?

Also if you don't want to do a dancer I recommend putting Reposition on Michalis(if you promoted yours to 4*) and use him as discount Olivia who's bulkier. He can flip units over terrain, which works well for getting your units out of danger. If not, IIRC you have Palla. Any flier is good, though Michalis is nice for facetanking the Cordelias and Catrias mid-air. That I just fought.

Edit: why did i type reinhardt

Edited by Thor Odinson

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Can you not insult me please? So what if I prioritized Frederick instead of Robin? He is still my favorite and at the time, I thought Robin could still be pulled as a 5 Star. Frederick's never been a focus character and probably never will.

My Marth was never level 40. And I'm waiting to upgrade him to 5 star anyway. I'm just 2900 feathers away from that now though.

Well I am sorry if you were offended but it was only in jest, which I thought would have been underscored by the Strike through

Spoiler

Don't get mad at me ;-; plz

Even so hurry up and get him to 40 so you can get all that yummy SP! Good to know that you're only 2,900 away! We're getting the twitter quiz awards on the 7th I think so you'll end up with a little surplus.

2 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Or if you are lazy like me. Use this damage calculator. https://rocketmo.github.io/feh-damage-calc/ instead of doing all that mental math

Calculator are for the weak

Edited by Arcanite

so I've had a +Res / -Def Nowi for a while now, and my daughter rolled a +Def/-Res one last night while trying to get bunnies (my 7 year old wants Camilla to win the Gauntlet...ahh, the innocence). Anywho, I'm kinda in the market for thoughts on the two:

HP/AT/SP/DF/RS
45/34/27/27/30
45/34/27/33/23

She gets Innate Def+3 so it's technically 30/30 vs 36/23. At higher level arena battles, there isn't much Magic to deal with unless it's coming from enemy Specials that target Res, or Manaketes (i can't remember the last tome/staff user I saw since 650+ BST). 

Summary; -Def+Res Nowi seems more practical in lower level arena since she might be bumping into more magical opponents, and the opposite works well for higher level arena stuff. Any thoughts other than that, as per general?

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well I am sorry if you were offended but it was only in jest, which I thought would have been underscored by the Strike through

Reveal hidden contents

Don't get mad at me ;-; plz

Even so hurry up and get him to 40 so you can get all that yummy SP! Good to know that you're only 2,900 away! We're getting the twitter quiz awards on the 7th I think so you'll end up with a little surplus.

Calculator are for the weak

I'm not mad, more so surprised that you made a comment like that when you've been cool to me. So don't worry. xP

Suppose I should for some more SP then, huh? Never know if I'll end up short on it again like I did with Robin. He still doesn't have enough to equip that Draw Back I gave him.

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, but what if I can't use my laptop? What if I'm on the road or something? Then I have nothing.

You should be able to use them on a browser on your phone =).

1 minute ago, Birdy said:

You should be able to use them on a browser on your phone =).

I can't view that and the game at the same time though. This is a reason I always found phones inferior to laptops.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I can't view that and the game at the same time though. This is a reason I always found phones inferior to laptops.

Depending on the phone you have, you can.

On iPhones for instance, you can double-press the home button to bring up two screens at once (in a mock-form) that lets you view the game and the calc at the same time. Most androids made after 2012 have a similar function with double-tapping or tap-holding the home button or the [ ] (square button...idk what you'd call it) that lets you do the same thing. Newer powerful phones like samsung galaxy 5 and beyond (for example, there's like 10 others i could list) let you run dual apps simultaneously (I have a friend that facebook messages me while they watch youtube vids);

Spoiler

YKkLO0k.png

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

Depending on the phone you have, you can.

On iPhones for instance, you can double-press the home button to bring up two screens at once (in a mock-form) that lets you view the game and the calc at the same time. Most androids made after 2012 have a similar function with double-tapping or tap-holding the home button or the [ ] (square button...idk what you'd call it) that lets you do the same thing. Newer powerful phones like samsung galaxy 5 and beyond (for example, there's like 10 others i could list) let you run dual apps simultaneously (I have a friend that facebook messages me while they watch youtube vids);

Reveal hidden contents

YKkLO0k.png

My phone doesn't have this feature though. I would have found it by now if it did. It's also not an iPhone, it's an Android.

My phone doesn't have this feature though. I would have found it by now if it did. It's also not an iPhone, it's an Android.

If your android phone was produced after 2012, it could. Try holding your thumb on the Home button or the button to the right of the Home button (or double-tapping either of them). My daughter uses my old android to play minecraft on and it was from 2012, and she uses this regularly to shuffle between games for her.

13 minutes ago, Elieson said:

so I've had a +Res / -Def Nowi for a while now, and my daughter rolled a +Def/-Res one last night while trying to get bunnies (my 7 year old wants Camilla to win the Gauntlet...ahh, the innocence). Anywho, I'm kinda in the market for thoughts on the two:

HP/AT/SP/DF/RS
45/34/27/27/30
45/34/27/33/23

She gets Innate Def+3 so it's technically 30/30 vs 36/23. At higher level arena battles, there isn't much Magic to deal with unless it's coming from enemy Specials that target Res, or Manaketes (i can't remember the last tome/staff user I saw since 650+ BST). 

Summary; -Def+Res Nowi seems more practical in lower level arena since she might be bumping into more magical opponents, and the opposite works well for higher level arena stuff. Any thoughts other than that, as per general?

Good thing your 7 year old is a girl otherwise you'd risk corruption

*ahem* Nowi gets distant counter. Who attacks from a distance with a physical Atk stat? Archers and daggers. I never see daggers in arena, not even Kagero anymore, so yeah, just archers. 27 defense is definitely enough to live some hits. with 27 speed though? Yeaaaaaaaahh, no. But! That can easily be taken care of! 

Now who attacks from a distance with a magic attack stat? Tomes, that's who! Amphy tells me the arena doesn't have too many bow users, so I'm assuming it is laced with tomes conversely. 30 resistance is just after decent, aka good. 33 resistance is solid though, if you'd consider it.

But up close her ax game is lame. really lame.

So my opinion is . . . . . . . . 

Spoiler

They both suck

Spoiler

But I like plus resistance anyway

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm not mad, more so surprised that you made a comment like that when you've been cool to me. So don't worry. xP

Suppose I should for some more SP then, huh? Never know if I'll end up short on it again like I did with Robin. He still doesn't have enough to equip that Draw Back I gave him.

Just do what I did, take a day to only do stratum 9 and just grind SP like a sociopath! That's how I got brash assault 3 on my Lyn. Grinded from 150 all the way to 300. I used stamina potions to make it a little faster. Now she's the monster she was born to be!

4 minutes ago, Elieson said:

If your android phone was produced after 2012, it could. Try holding your thumb on the Home button or the button to the right of the Home button (or double-tapping either of them). My daughter uses my old android to play minecraft on and it was from 2012, and she uses this regularly to shuffle between games for her.

Nope, doesn't do that. I told you, my phone doesn't have this feature.

EDIT: No way, Marth gets killed quickly on stratum 9, even with a healer and dancer. In fact, a lot of my units not named Frederick get killed quickly (and then even Frederick can if there are mages). I don't understand why their defenses suck so much.

Edited by Anacybele

Nope, doesn't do that. I told you, my phone doesn't have this feature.

Gotchya, I misunderstood what you said, and thought that you didn't see the part about me referencing Android.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Good thing your 7 year old is a girl otherwise you'd risk corruption

*ahem* Nowi gets distant counter. Who attacks from a distance with a physical Atk stat? Archers and daggers. I never see daggers in arena, not even Kagero anymore, so yeah, just archers. 27 defense is definitely enough to live some hits. with 27 speed though? Yeaaaaaaaahh, no. But! That can easily be taken care of! 

Now who attacks from a distance with a magic attack stat? Tomes, that's who! Amphy tells me the arena doesn't have too many bow users, so I'm assuming it is laced with tomes conversely. 30 resistance is just after decent, aka good. 33 resistance is solid though, if you'd consider it.

But up close her ax game is lame. really lame.

So my opinion is . . . . . . . . 

WELLLLLLLLL

at the level I typically run at, the only magic stuff I ever see is from opposing Manaketes or like +10 Julias vs all my non-SI +0 units :X

I've been running Seliph/Nowi because of Rally Speed pushing Nowi up to safety levels when need be, which in most cases is fine. Seliph tackles Hectors because there's like 0 green units in the upper levels sans Hector (who can't get around quickly anyway) so Seliph sticks with Nowi for speed support and then they just swap when the day's done. 

I'll just run both, at least for defense

See, Marth is only getting killed. Maybe I really shouldn't use him at all. I'm thinking hardly anyone on my roster is worth using anymore because all they do is get killed most of the time.

But one thing is for sure, people are wrong when they say it's easy to level up characters in the tower. You get too little exp if you battle weaker enemies and the stronger ones only kill everybody.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Kiran said:

@Elieson Have you added any skills on Nowi? I've been meaning to promote my 4* Nowi but all the Falchion users scare me. Especially since mine is +Spd -Def. 

Triangle Adept Nowi doesn't fear any Falchion users, in fact she can OHKO most of them. 

Well I don't seem to have an issue with training units. Its really easy actually to train a unit to level 40. Takes 1 to 2 days for me in fact so you seem to be doing something wrong or taking too may big risks that you can't pull off. By any chance how much higher are the enemy levels that you're fighting? And do you reset the maps every time? Those are the other big factors beside if you have a dancer and a healer.

1 minute ago, Kiran said:

@Elieson Have you added any skills on Nowi? I've been meaning to promote my 4* Nowi but all the Falchion users scare me. Especially since mine is +Spd -Def. 

I'm not using SI until I know 100% how the arena will grow this month, so my Nowi's just have Def+3 and Threaten Res. FWIW even a -Def can eat a hit from +Atk Lucina, the strongest red counter to her afaik. I have 4 sullys to rip Swordbreaker from (yay she's good for something, geez), so I'm tempted to do this to em and see what happens.