Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

15 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

2 nos one yes so far

Anyone else wanna make some input?

Spring Lucina is a good unit so I want to make sure I don't regret leaving her behind

Hide contents

Even though she looks ridiculous 

If you need a good blue mage, go for it

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

That's a neat trailer! And you know what? I actually think Faye is pretty darn cute. I'm gonna try for her because I do need more archers and I don't have a colorless 5 star anyway.

On another note, my female Robin is just about lv. 40, so I should finish leveling her. I upgraded her to 4 star sometime ago, so I've been leveling her.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's a neat trailer! And you know what? I actually think Faye is pretty darn cute. I'm gonna try for her because I do need more archers and I don't have a colorless 5 star anyway.

On another note, my female Robin is just about lv. 40, so I should finish leveling her. I upgraded her to 4 star sometime ago, so I've been leveling her.

I don't have a 5 star colorless either

But if she's another Mehbecca, I'm gonna be sorely disappointed.

58 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Also, who thinks I should YOLO summon for spring Lucina with 73 orbs?

If you need a blue mage or just want her because she's limited edition, then go for it.

Otherwise, I'd advise you to hold onto your orbs for the upcoming banner (at least until we get to know skills/stats at which point the recommendation may change to waiting for Celica's banner, which WILL be a thing within a month). 

Whether or not you know or like the Gaiden characters aside, Alm's worth pulling for if you don't already have a Falchion user. 

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Otherwise, I'd advise you to hold onto your orbs for the upcoming banner (at least until we get to know skills/stats at which point the recommendation may change to waiting for Celica's banner, which WILL be a thing within a month). 

Whether or not you know or like the Gaiden characters aside, Alm's worth pulling for if you don't already have a Falchion user. 

FWIW, there's a new (well not really new but effective block) built into patched info now, that dataminers can't quite rip into as far as interpreting text through datamining now. We can see Pictures and possibly videos but at the moment, text is gibberish.

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

FWIW, there's a new (well not really new but effective block) built into patched info now, that dataminers can't quite rip into as far as interpreting text through datamining now. We can see Pictures and possibly videos but at the moment, text is gibberish.

Which would mean we can't decide on stats/skills until the Easter banner's gone. Hmm.

Well then, that makes this more of a gamble than a well-informed decision, but my initial suggestion stands.

If you need a blue mage or want Lucina because she's a limited character (or simply just because you like Easter Lucina), then by all means go for it!

If neither of the above apply then I'd just wait. 

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Which would mean we can't decide on stats/skills until the Easter banner's gone. Hmm.

I've been dumping orbs for bunny Chrom (I want that Axe EXP Boosting skill sooooo badly), but I don't want to have to say so long to potentially getting him...he's all I wanted from the easter banner! Dumped 100+ orbs into ninian and i never even got a focus unit out of that banner. I might make one final push for Bunny Chrom before preparing to sink my orbs into Alm's fancy new sword.

FWIW we know there's a Bow-EXP boost skill based on similar icon structure, but there's 3 others that aren't very clear and at best, being guessed at. 

Seeing that there's an Alm-focused banner makes me want to wait even more because the one I'm really looking forward to is Celica's (Mae and Saber where), but it's so tempting to pull ;___;

I still need a Falchion unit, and Alm's probably my best shot since I missed Marth and Lucina during their focus banners. 

Also Lukas and Faye are cute af (I like Clair but prefer her Echoes art by a lot)

20 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I don't have a 5 star colorless either

But if she's another Mehbecca, I'm gonna be sorely disappointed.

Someone said before that Faye has a unique bow though, so she's probably better.

I knew switching Sakura for Marth was a fucking horrible idea. I couldn't win any arena matches anymore, not even intermediate ones, probably because the BST went too high. Or maybe IS lied and they didn't change the arena at all, though I doubt that because that would just be really messed up. Yet, even so, I'm still getting matched against teams a LOT stronger than mine.

How do I know? Frederick is getting one-rounded by blue units. They were mages, which means he would take a lot of damage from them, but he was never one-rounded by them before because he's GREEN, not even Linde.

Either IS needs to fix the arena some more (probably the case) or I just fucking suck and am a loser that shouldn't be playing this game. And I don't think anybody wants to think/agree with that.

In short, the arena either didn't change or just got worse.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I knew switching Sakura for Marth was a fucking horrible idea. I couldn't win any arena matches anymore, not even intermediate ones, probably because the BST went too high. Or maybe IS lied and they didn't change the arena at all, though I doubt that because that would just be really messed up. Yet, even so, I'm still getting matched against teams a LOT stronger than mine.

How do I know? Frederick is getting one-rounded by blue units. They were mages, which means he would take a lot of damage from them, but he was never one-rounded by them before because he's GREEN, not even Linde.

Either IS needs to fix the arena some more (probably the case) or I just fucking suck and am a loser that shouldn't be playing this game. And I don't think anybody wants to think/agree with that.

git gud loser *shoves you in a locker*

But seriously it probably is Marth that's ruining you right now. That and probably just bad luck, always a factor there

Just now, r_n said:

git gud loser *shoves you in a locker*

But seriously it probably is Marth that's ruining you right now. That and probably just bad luck, always a factor there

Wow, go the fuck away.

Why Subaki, why?! I didn't mind her as a character before, but now I really hate her. I understand them using rare characters for the seals since they are really helpful, but I figured it'd be realistic units. I guess it'll be Hector and Ryoma next or what...... :(

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, go the fuck away.

For a joke coming off your last chunk followed up by an actual observation? Marth is, like you figure, probably worth more to the arena than a healer was. That's going to send you against stronger builds and other BSTs, leading to scenarios like fred going from shrugging off blue tomes, to suddenly being killed by them with ease.

And, yeah, sometimes it is just bad luck in who you get matched up against. They might have had builds to maximize damage output to burst through someone like fred, for example. See also: intermediate nightmare of running into a bunch of takumis with a dancer.

Just now, immatx said:

Why Subaki, why?! I didn't mind her as a character before, but now I really hate her. I understand them using rare characters for the seals since they are really helpful, but I figured it'd be realistic units. I guess it'll be Hector and Ryoma next or what...... :(

Huh? None of the characters are rare. Subaki's a common 3 star pull and is in the daily unit rotation. All of them are, except Niles who is here for some reason.

is this a joke, did karma strike me down this fast already

6 minutes ago, r_n said:

For a joke coming off your last chunk followed up by an actual observation? Marth is, like you figure, probably worth more to the arena than a healer was. That's going to send you against stronger builds and other BSTs, leading to scenarios like fred going from shrugging off blue tomes, to suddenly being killed by them with ease.

And, yeah, sometimes it is just bad luck in who you get matched up against. They might have had builds to maximize damage output to burst through someone like fred, for example. See also: intermediate nightmare of running into a bunch of takumis with a dancer.

I'm aware it was a joke, but that's not the kind of joke you make to (some) people.

I've tried switching him out, made no difference whatsoever. And I switched him for Olivia too to see if dancing would help.

This isn't just bad luck if I'm losing literally every battle. The arena got worse and IS doesn't know a thing about how to make it work, that's that.

...Also, yeah, Subaki is a guy and not rare... Another thing, other quests will give you characters required for the seal quests. I find this weird because we're being forced to use stupid characters like Sophia, but oh well.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

I'm aware it was a joke, but that's not the kind of joke you make to (some) people.

I've tried switching him out, made no difference whatsoever. And I switched him for Olivia too to see if dancing would help.

This isn't just bad luck if I'm losing literally every battle. The arena got worse IS doesn't know a thing about how to make it work, that's that.

What kind of builds are you facing? Skills and levels and so on. And your skills, if you don't mind me asking. That's probably something worth compiling, actually, just to get a feel for what IS considers "stronger"

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Her. Her. Her? Her?!

(tell me you're not serious)

Ahh, wait a second, I think I screwed up. So they were talking about the peg knight then? ......that's awkward. I thought it was Sanaki :>_<:

1 minute ago, r_n said:

Huh? None of the characters are rare. Subaki's a common 3 star pull and is in the daily unit rotation. All of them are, except Niles who is here for some reason.

is this a joke, did karma strike me down this fast already

Erm, yes, totally a joke. Ha ha see? ha ha.....

3 minutes ago, r_n said:

What kind of builds are you facing? Skills and levels and so on. And your skills, if you don't mind me asking. That's probably something worth compiling, actually, just to get a feel for what IS considers "stronger"

I don't know, I didn't check, but I figured I wouldn't be facing much skill inheritance because I didn't use it much myself yet.

I'm facing a lot of units that I didn't before, I can tell you that. This is the first time I've seen Reinhardt in the arena. If he's going to be a common thing, I'm going to take Frederick out for female Robin. I hate to do that, but Reinhardt will always get to Frederick before Frederick can get to him due to mounted tome range.

EDIT: ...And Sanaki was never a Peg knight to begin with. You are being really confusing, immatx.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't know, I didn't check, but I figured I wouldn't be facing much skill inheritance because I didn't use it much myself yet.

I'm facing a lot of units that I didn't before, I can tell you that. This is the first time I've seen Reinhardt in the arena. If he's going to be a common thing, I'm going to take Frederick out for female Robin. I hate to do that, but Reinhardt will always get to Frederick before Frederick can get to him due to mounted tome range.

EDIT: ...And Sanaki was never a Peg knight to begin with. You are being really confusing, immatx.

Ah, yeah, Reinhardt is terrifying. 

A properly built Reinhardt can OHKO all reds, blues, and colorless and about half of all the greens in the game by himself. 

It's possible for a Rein to even OHKO Hector without buffs if he has Draconic Aura :O

On the bright side, Frederick does OHKO Reinhardt if he can get to him, but if you're finding that difficult, then yeah F!Robin counters Rein pretty handily. 

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This isn't just bad luck if I'm losing literally every battle. The arena got worse and IS doesn't know a thing about how to make it work, that's that.

...Also, yeah, Subaki is a guy and not rare... Another thing, other quests will give you characters required for the seal quests. I find this weird because we're being forced to use stupid characters like Sophia, but oh well.

IMO, i actually like how Arena has changed, we now face tougher enemy teams and there for even more points. Before this, arena isn't hard enough for my team and I keep running deathless streak but can't get higher than ~4400. Now they give chance to increase points but more challenging as well. If you find that the enemies is too hard, take a breath and choose a less difficulty level.