Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

38 minutes ago, Falcom said:

So how far have people gotten with the hero merits? Anyone reached 500? 2000?

I only got 100 points for each of my 5* units so far.

I've only been running Arena and training Nino since the update.

Nino has the most right now at 174 (level 1 to 40 as a 3-star and as a 4-star, currently level 21 as a 5-star).

Once Nino hits level 40, I'm going to start on the Seal quests.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I haven't paid attention to them actually. But here it is for the curious:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170412-232914.png

Finally did a deathless 7 win streak at the arena and hit the 4762 mark which is my best record so far with Alfonse, Effie, Julia and Nowi. Julia is a monster, she literally one shots 5☆ sharena with spur atk support. It's monstruous.

I came across varied teams, some with high inheritance skill usage and merged 5☆s and others that had vanilla tiki tiki sheena maria. The most "threatening" team I came across was a Lucina (darting blow, desperation, spur atk and rally atk), nino (fury build), azura (moonbow fort res wings of mercy 3) and ryoma (vantage). It was the lava map and funny enough my team won at almost full health. Nino choked the point in the middle, alfonse one shot her, then one rounded enemy lucina, julia one shot azura and alfonse wrecked ryoma gg. Another one was a freaking elise with pain that put me on my nerves with a jeorge ephraim and lucina. Lucina was rekt by alfonse, elise hit hard and fast but nowi ate her, ephraim was murdered at my defiant atk 2, vantage 2, ignis spur atk 3 nowi (like 61dmg), and jeorge was stomped by effie julia combo. I think I can rest for the time being at the arena and train camilla and caeda up to 40.

4 hours ago, Kiran said:

I've finally joined the Nino army! I think that was 20k feathers well spent. Spent another 2k feathers to promote Hinata to give Nino Fury 3. My first SI! Never knew cannibalizing units was so satisfying. 

Nice.

Hope I can get a better Nino soon so I can promote the other one to pass her Blade to a certain fellow green-haired beautiful woman.

Also need more Red Bulls so I can make some stupid shenanigans.

Ugh i have 39 orbs and i'm tempted to blow 20 on them to try and get some 5 star units. I only have Minerva as 5 star and i'm trying to get Anna up to 5 star.

EDIT: and just as i say that i get a 5 star bunny lucina. what is this

Edited by Raccoon844

17 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Nice.

Hope I can get a better Nino soon so I can promote the other one to pass her Blade to a certain fellow green-haired beautiful woman.

Also need more Red Bulls so I can make some stupid shenanigans.

And here I want a Red Bull just because I haven't pulled him yet. ;/

I'd also like another Nino.  Mine's -Spd or something like that.  And then I'd like the Red Bull's partner, and a different green-haired mage.

Man, I'm missing a lot of units!

I sometimes see Hero Merit as "Look who my favs are while I neglect the rest!" xD And almost enough feathers for a pillow too. I also noticed the Heroes with 0 Merit are listed in game order. Pretty neat.

Pbp0PnF.png

Edited by Luchi

Just something I was wondering about after the "Sophia sucks" talk, but how adaptable to a F2P/low-spender all the recommended builds and theorycrafting floating around the internet are? A lot of them seem to assume unlimited resources, ideal natures and the like, which isn't really something most people would have, while not really discussing budget alternatives. Or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places.

11 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

Just something I was wondering about after the "Sophia sucks" talk, but how adaptable to a F2P/low-spender all the recommended builds and theorycrafting floating around the internet are? A lot of them seem to assume unlimited resources, ideal natures and the like, which isn't really something most people would have, while not really discussing budget alternatives. Or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places.

It's not just about following things blindly!

If you're F2P, you MUST learn how things work, and why.  You won't have infinite resources, so you'll have to improvise.  Whether or not your ideas work depends on both your knowledge of the game, and whether or not your idea is reasonable to being with.

In other words, you'll need to replace large amounts of money with large amounts of knowledge.

2 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

It really depends on the character and who you get lucky enough to pull. Some characters lend themselves well to "budget builds" which are effective enough to get the job done even if they aren't optimal and only require sacrifices of 4-star versions of characters available at 3-star rarity.

For example, Sophia can get by with Triangle Adept 2 (available from 4-star Selena and Cordelia) and no other inherits. Gwendolyn and Sheena can get by with Swap and Quick Riposte 2 (both available from 4-star Subaki, who you can obtain 3 copies of for free) and Bonfire (available from 4-star Awakening Tiki and Robin (M)). Nino can run a mostly full build with Ardent Sacrifice (available from 3-star Florina), Fury 3 (available from 4-star Hinata) or Life and Death 2 (available from 4-star Hana), and Desperation 3 (available from 4-star Shanna).

Ideal natures aren't typically necessary, but there are a few that are typically considered crippling. For example, -Atk is a problem for any character that has a low base, and -Spd is hard to work around for any character that has a base in the high 20's or low 30's due to the density of those speed brackets. That said, it's typically hard to go wrong with the neutral-natured free units.

26 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

Its surprisingly affordable imo. The catch is basically how willing you are at making the investment really(some players love to have dupes) and some builds you might be able to afford since they are supported by a character base kit

Majority of build usually only uses 2 character. On paper that boils down into 1 Skeleton probably leveled from 3 to 5 for SP, and 2 fodder. Some you need to settle on v2 skills because of rarity reqs though

The flipside of these V2 is that some comes packed with filler that can be a neat extra. For example if you transfer Selena 4 to Robin M, Robin got Triangle Adept and Reposition instead of just Triangle Adept from Selena 5

Ursula would get Moonbow from Odin if she took Blarblade

Sophia is honestly one of the hardest since you need Henry and an Adept. 

Vantage Ryoma literally only requires a Male Ryoma and a Female Lon'Qu

Honestly i cant wait for Xander since his custom seems to be cheap - Quick Riposte 2 alvailable from Subaki which atm every player have 3 for free, and Gunter 

Edited by JSND

17 hours ago, Arcanite said:

The Oboro write up is a work in progress. But as of now, I have her at 1,000 sp 4 stars. 

Soon, my pretty, soon indeed.

I hope you can make her useful. Brave Lance + Ignis/Bonfire?

5 minutes ago, The Lord Of Gems said:

I hope you can make her useful. Brave Lance + Ignis/Bonfire?

Psh, "I hope you can make her useful."

Do you think I'm a square or something? I know how to make my baby gurl the greatest, ya dig? If I needed help, I know who and what to ask. 

But I don't need help. I know exactly what I'm doing, alright? I appreciate the concern though!

#MakeOboroGreatLikeSheAlwaysWas #OboroDeathStare

Spoiler

Hope I I didn't come off as rude or anything heh

Also don't double post!

I thought the new banner was supposed to go up today. They always went up on a Thursday, didn't they? But I guess I thought the 14th was a Thursday at first.

Oh well, still gotta do the Subaki Speed+1 quest and all.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I thought the new banner was supposed to go up today. They always went up on a Thursday, didn't they? But I guess I thought the 14th was a Thursday at first.

Oh well, still gotta do the Subaki Speed+1 quest and all.

I actually forgot the new focus was tomorrow heh

Time flies when you're getting your teeth kicked in at the arena huh? XD

I sure hope everyone here is useful, especially Faye. I needs me some Archers, good ones at that!

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

I actually forgot the new focus was tomorrow heh

Time flies when you're getting your teeth kicked in at the arena huh? XD

I sure hope everyone here is useful, especially Faye. I needs me some Archers, good ones at that!

Yeah, same here. Virion is meh and I can't seem to fricken summon any archer that's not him or Niles! I swear, I've pulled like three Virions and three Nileses, and no other archers. Never pulled Takumi, Gordin, Jeorge, Setsuna, or Rebecca.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, same here. Virion is meh and I can't seem to fricken summon any archer that's not him or Niles! I swear, I've pulled like three Virions and three Nileses, and no other archers. Never pulled Takumi, Gordin, Jeorge, Setsuna, or Rebecca.

*Or Klein.

...Honestly, this might be my peg-bias talking, but I never found archers useful. I have Setsuna, Rebecca and Klein (the latter at 5* rarity, too), and haven't used much of them apart from a little level grinding. Then again, I use Lissa in every battle, so...

Oh yeah, or Klein. I knew I'd forget someone. I also have never pulled any thieves not named Matthew except for a Saizo a loooong time ago. I've pulled FIVE Matthews though!