Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, eclipse said:

I'll pull from the new banner, eventually.  I'm in dire need of Bonfire/Luna (Moonbow will NOT work for my purposes).  And maybe a spare Laslow/Matthew, so I can give Hone Speed to someone.

Swimming in Iceberg/Glacies, and no one to give it to. :(:

Klein wants it, kappa.

In all seriousness, though, res is kind of bad as a stat. Atk counters mages handily for physical units, meaning they don't need to value res that highly, except against dragons. And dragons explode if Julia or Lucina look at them funny.

Eliwood is the only person I can think of at the top of my head who might want it over Dragon Fang etc.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

27 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'm actually looking to make Ephraim my main sword wall over Effie. He's at +1 while Effie is unmerged, and from what people have said about the new Arena system, that merge bonus counts for more points than Effie's slightly higher BST (though I haven't tested this myself yet). It also helps that Ephraim is a solid neutral nature (not the most optimal, sure, but not bad by any means) while Effie is a +Spd/-Atk Effie. 

Also, Ephraim's one of my favorite FE characters while Effie...isn't. So there's that too.

The only issue though is that I intend to give Ephraim certain skills, but I lack the fodder at the moment. And I'm not about to send him into the cutthroat post-inheritance Arena with his vanilla skillset. 

Hinata where are you ;___;

Dang, my Effies had been either +Spd/-Def or +Spd/-Res but -Atk is just on another level. My condolences :(

yeah Ephraim seems like a much better idea.

Just now, mcsilas said:

Dang, my Effies had been either +Spd/-Def or +Spd/-Res but -Atk is just on another level. My condolences :(

yeah Ephraim seems like a much better idea.

It's absolutely infuriating how many KOs I've missed by 3 HP.

I'm pretty excited to use Ephraim anyways (but I need Hinata for Fury ;___;)

7 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I have both Ryoma and Ninian as well as a +Spd/-Def Nino (who I intend to make my next 5*), so I could very well have that core you speak of.

The only problem is that I don't feel comfortable taking off Julia because I have no answer for dragons otherwise, nor do I want to run two squishy, green mages. I mean I COULD just "buff the shit out of Nino", but I'm a lot more used to playing with more independent units than having a designated carry. I suppose I would have to change up my playstyle if I wanted to use Nino...

EDIT: I'm actually mostly pumped for Celica's banner, so I'm hoping Alm doesn't use up too many of my orbs ;___;

Oh man I definitely want Celica. She sounds cool. I wonder if she'd be sword or magic... hoping for magic just because we have a shitton of swordlords and not a lot of mages.

I usually like to stick my team together anyway, so the Nino playstyle came pretty natural to me. Dancer helps a ton since that's just nuke 2 dudes they're dead. Or hell, 3 dudes if one of them is Robin.

Edited by Thor Odinson

6 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I have both Ryoma and Ninian as well as a +Spd/-Def Nino (who I intend to make my next 5*), so I could very well have that core you speak of.

The only problem is that I don't feel comfortable taking off Julia because I have no answer for dragons otherwise, nor do I want to run two squishy, green mages. I mean I COULD just "buff the shit out of Nino", but I'm a lot more used to playing with more independent units than having a designated carry. I suppose I would have to change up my playstyle if I wanted to use Nino...

EDIT: I'm actually mostly pumped for Celica's banner, so I'm hoping Alm doesn't use up too many of my orbs ;___;

Dragons aren't that much of an issue, to be honest. Their stats are nice, but that's it, any strong blue will hard-counter basically the lot of them. =Cordelia with L&D, for example, will 1 round Fury 3 Y!Tiki, A!Tiki, Ninian, and Nowi. Fae and F!Corrin survive, but they're rare enough to be irrelevant. (And Cordelia puts a huge dent in them without dying herself anyway, so a Galeforce proc would straight up kill those 2 as well.)

Just now, Thor Odinson said:

Oh man I definitely want Celica. She sounds cool. I wonder if she'd be sword or magic... hoping for magic just because we have a shitton of swordlords and not a lot of mages.

I usually like to stick my team together anyway, so the Nino playstyle came pretty natural to me. Dancer helps a ton since that's just nuke 2 dudes they're dead. Or hell, 3 dudes if one of them is Robin.

My playstyle varies by season since the maps vary. On the mountain and bridge maps, it's generally better for me to have two independent pairs since it's generally not feasible to have all four sticking together at all times.

Also, pre-update I rarely used dancers (Ninian was an exception for those two weeks she was a bonus hero because she was a bonus hero) because their BST brought my score too low for me to rank in top 1k. I'm hoping that the system is different enough now to where I won't be punished for using dancers because I quite enjoy playing really offensively with dancers actually. 

I personally view Alm's army as the more physical one and Celica's as the more magical one, so it makes more sense to me personally that she'll be a mage (but who knows, really). Also iirc there was a wind-based Brave tome in Awakening named Celica's Gale, so I'm hoping Celica will be a green mage with a Brave tome. 

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

My playstyle varies by season since the maps vary. On the mountain and bridge maps, it's generally better for me to have two independent pairs since it's generally not feasible to have all four sticking together at all times.

Also, pre-update I rarely used dancers (Ninian was an exception for those two weeks she was a bonus hero because she was a bonus hero) because their BST brought my score too low for me to rank in top 1k. I'm hoping that the system is different enough now to where I won't be punished for using dancers because I quite enjoy playing really offensively with dancers actually. 

I personally view Alm's army as the more physical one and Celica's as the more magical one, so it makes more sense to me personally that she'll be a mage (but who knows, really). Also iirc there was a wind-based Brave tome in Awakening named Celica's Gale, so I'm hoping Celica will be a green mage with a Brave tome. 

Legendary Brave-tome on an infantry would be broken unless Celica herself was shit, though.

(Non-legendary brave-tome is Mega-Rayquaza tier.)

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Klein wants it, kappa.

In all seriousness, though, res is kind of bad as a stat. Atk counters mages handily for physical units, meaning they don't need to value res that highly, except against dragons. And dragons explode if Julia or Lucina look at them funny.

Eliwood is the only person I can think of at the top of my head who might want it over Dragon Fang etc.

I'd give it to the following units:

- Jagen
- Raigh (until he gets a better weapon)
- Florina (if I ever use her)
- Caeda
- +Res/-Def Sheena
- Olwen
- maybe +Res Sully
- maybe +Res Ninan
- +Res Eirika (since it means she's smack in the middle of natures)

All the units listed have relatively low base attack or a weapon that does them no favors.  I probably missed a couple, but eh.

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I probably should put together two different teams, haha. I have plenty of 5*s so I could feasibly pull it off---though I do quite enjoy the whole "nino ORKOs the entire cast" thing a little too much. Having 2 sets built into Ryoma might help with that, though. I might do one with him and Minerva together, actually. Minerva's one of my favs and my first 5*+1, and she's pretty swole.

Yeah I didn't have a lot of high BST units anyway, despite the number of 5*s I have. Prior to Minerva Ryo was my only 170+ bst unit, so I was pretty happy just getting the < 30k range and get my 1500 extra feathers. So I just rolled with Olivia because she suits my playstyle and also didn't hurt my BST enough for me to drop out of top 30k. She's 5* now anyway. Should be ok.

That would be pretty sweet. We could certainly do with another brave mage.

7 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Hm, so I guess that datamined skillset is indeed bogus after all.

Windsweep on Alm makes me hope he's actually speedy to use it properly.

Windsweep and Firesweep bow makes it look like Alm and Faye are supposed to be joined at the hip. The ability is only useful if you can't one-shot, and even then, only useful if someone else can come in to finish.

Spent all of my orbs trying to pull something good. I got a +Atk/-Spd Lilina, which I'm glad to get despite the bane.

Now I'll hoard the next orbs until the Zephiel banner (or the Xander banner if nothing interests me). Might start hoarding orbs though, I already have 128/200 heroes because what if I need a skill from someone?.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Is the 5-2 with a red tome quest description lying? It actually seems to require a green tome, not a red one.

I hope they'll give us 10 orbs for this wrong description, lol

Anyone else notice how much more seriously they're taking the contract plot point with this paralogue? The dialogue is now legitimately creepy, especially with Clair.

Also, Faye is much less interesting than Veronica makes her out to be on Normal.

Edited by phineas81707

Just now, predator_21476 said:

Has anyone else pulled any of the focus heroes? Alm and Faye seem pretty slow. Faye may be best just feeding her bow to someone else that ability to keep from being counterattacked seems useful, though its also a pretty big hindrance.

I have Alm and Lukas.

Alm: 21/9/6/7/4
Lukas: 19/9/5/9/5

But I'm not the person to ask about the meaning of numbers.