Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

33 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Not specific to Tiki, but here are my thoughts on accented voices:

When a character is given an accent, it typically means one of two things: the character is from the region where the accent originates (or learned the language there) or the listener is meant to project the stereotypes of that accent to that character.

The first case obviously doesn't apply to non-real-world settings, so I won't go into it.

In a fantasy setting, the second case is what applies. This means that any non-neutral accent carries some meaning to the construction of the character.

In Japanese, Sanaki speaks with a "venerable old geezer" accent, meant to convey her position of authority and some amount of old-fashionedness while at the same time providing significant contrast with her occasional childish lines (she has the candy line in Japanese, too).

But still, "she's a dragon" isn't reason enough to avoid giving Tiki an English accent, opposed to what Ana has worded. That's just her species, period.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Faye has 25 Spd at max level neutral. 25. Spd. WHY? It's like they want her to be bad.

Lukas actually reaches retarded levels of defense (like, over 40 before he even reaches max level), but he doesn't have the movement demerit of armored units. He does have poor Res and poor offense, but I think he's worth something. Not sure about Claire yet, and Alm has the Falchion so he's still salvageable.

I have got a Lukas in my first summon, but sadly he's +Spd/-Atk which is the opposite of the nature I'd think is preferred. It's not like having 25 Spd will help him all that much. I guess I can give him Bonfire or Ignis to make up for it.

9 minutes ago, HyperBowser said:

But entire thing about Windsweep is that the enemy doesn't get to use a counter attack at all if you outspeed them by just one point (which is something Alm can easily do with a +Speed mod and a little team support). With a dancer he can kill most enemies without taking a single point of damage (or atleast weaken them for a ranged unit to finish off).

I haven't tested it yet but I assume it also prevents skills like vantage, quick riposte and swordbreaker from proccing.

Well yeah, with a Dancer you can go crazy with any unit. I feel like Windsweep is a gimmick more terrifying when used by the AI than the player, since enemy phase baiting is very important in the Arena. On player side, you want something dead immediately if you swing first.

@LuxSpes Yeah, that's probably exactly opposite of what you want lol. I just looked up his stats, and his maxes without weapons and passives are 45/35/22/38/17. I think he can actually just drop his A passive and run a different Lance, and he'd still be fine.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

I don't think I'm ready to put in the effort and ressources into getting him a 5* Weapon when I have a 49/36/25/32/17 Ephraim and Lukas would be 45/32/25/38/17. I might use him as a monstrous Defensive tank since he'd still hit 43 defense with his A passive which is no joke (neutral Hector deals 19 damage).

40 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I just like her for her stats actually. Hit her up with the +Spd to help you not get doubled, or to double for yourself. Perfect chip for distant counter stuff too

I also stared at her resistance stat for about 5 minutes. Literally amaze.

25 (w/ +3 speed from +Spd nature) and 44 Atk isn't anything to shake a stick at, when an easy 1/3 of the meta is running 30/33 speed or higher through base stats or otherwise. 

She's just that, a Chip. I don't think she's going to find herself doing much in terms of earning herself an uncontested slot on most teams as being much more than a counter specifically a few squishies like Kagero/Linde/Minerva.

Now, if they ever implement Nomads, then I could see horsebound archers loving the extra kick from Hone Cavalry, but as it stands, she needs hefty support to make a significant impact, and has literally the worst Enemy Phase possible w/o inheritance by owning the only weapon in the game that considers her unequipped during EP.

2 minutes ago, Shogus00 said:

Forgive me, but I'm not trained in the ways of natures, how do they work? And is 26 attack on a level 1 five star Alm normal? 

Natures basically mean that you have +3 in one stat and -3 in another. Units are basically summoned aka born with em, and they can't be changed.

26 Atk is normal. What's his weapon? The Falchion. How much MT does it have? 16. 26 - 16 = 10, so Alm has 10 attack (actually meaning that yours is +Atk)

https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/hero/alm

Check that out to see what his weakened stat is, and you can see what it'll turn out to be. 

2 minutes ago, Elieson said:

25 (w/ +3 speed from +Spd nature) and 44 Atk isn't anything to shake a stick at, when an easy 1/3 of the meta is running 30/33 speed or higher through base stats or otherwise. 

She's just that, a Chip. I don't think she's going to find herself doing much in terms of earning herself an uncontested slot on most teams as being much more than a counter specifically a few squishies like Kagero/Linde/Minerva.

Now, if they ever implement Nomads, then I could see horsebound archers loving the extra kick from Hone Cavalry, but as it stands, she needs hefty support to make a significant impact, and has literally the worst Enemy Phase possible w/o inheritance by owning the only weapon in the game that considers her unequipped during EP.

I think with Seal Atk on her, she actually gets a decent gimmick. She has 26 Def and 31 Res, which is bulkier than Reinhardt with Fury. Unfortunately she doesn't have nearly the same amount of offensive power, but she's pretty safe against other 2-range units.

1 minute ago, Shogus00 said:

Forgive me, but I'm not trained in the ways of natures, how do they work? And is 26 attack on a level 1 five star Alm normal? 

Every unit is has a nature that makes one of their stats higher than normal (Boon), and the other weaker than normal (Bane). There are also units who have neutral natures, with no variance in stats, but iirc that's only for special units like Alfonse and GHB units like Ursula. At 5* Level 40, a unit's Boon will be 3~4 points higher than the baseline, and vice versa for their Bane.

26 Atk is one point higher than normal, so your Alm is +Atk. That's great!

8 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Natures basically mean that you have +3 in one stat and -3 in another. Units are basically summoned aka born with em, and they can't be changed.

26 Atk is normal. What's his weapon? The Falchion. How much MT does it have? 16. 26 - 16 = 10, so Alm has 10 attack (actually meaning that yours is +Atk)

https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/hero/alm

Check that out to see what his weakened stat is, and you can see what it'll turn out to be. 

Ah, then mine is Atk+/HP- then. Thanks!

52 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

But still, "she's a dragon" isn't reason enough to avoid giving Tiki an English accent, opposed to what Ana has worded. That's just her species, period.

Ana never usually backs up he opinions.

She usually just says things are "stupid" or "unfair" according to her tastes and never scratches more than the surface.

She has a "this is what I think and I don't care about any of what you think".

It's very detrimental to a forum considering it's a medium of discussion. Not a place to just showcase one's own opinion for attention. That's a blog/Twitter.

But as for the actual subject, I personally don't find any problem at all with Tiki's English voice even if I am an Ikue Ootani fan.

Tiki's voice only jumps out enough that it is almost showcasing her unique status akin to how Sanaki's style of speech singles her out in Japanese.

Edited by shadowofchaos

3 minutes ago, Elieson said:

An archer that can chip and takes no damage on player phase no matter what.

But more and more archers are slipping into the wind. Except Klein and Takumi but that's it (And quadsuna if you got the resources). Don't think Faye is the "Diamond in the rough" archer that we're all waiting for to bring bows back into the game.

Oh well!

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

But as for the actual subject, I personally don't find any problem at all with Tiki's English voice even if I am an Ikue Ootani fan.

I think they were talking about babby Tiki. Sumire Morohoshi tho! I love her.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Ah. But my statements are unchanged btw. The accent, again, showcases her status.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Nah it's adult tiki

That's Ana's new red magic user so she is keeping her cause that's her only usable red magic user (I think she has Henry too but he stinks)

Her Tiki is a lot better than mine that's -Atk

Spoiler

I cry everytim 

Just now, Arcanite said:

Nah it's adult tiki

That's Ana's new red magic user so she is keeping her cause that's her only usable red magic user (I think she has Henry too but he stinks)

Her Tiki is a lot better than mine that's -Atk

Reveal hidden contents

I cry everytim 

Eh, but Adult Tiki doesn't have a British accent, does she?

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

She does. That's how this whole thing started.

Unless I've been losing my mind

Lemme go check

Spoiler

Sure hope I'm not wrong heh

I don't even know what Ana's talking about. British accents are the absolute best absolutely no bias whatsoever and she's just salty that she can't have an accent as cool as the British one. Can't say I really noticed the British accent on Tiki, but to be fair I haven't used her in a very long time.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

I don't even know what Ana's talking about. British accents are the absolute best absolutely no bias whatsoever and she's just salty that she can't have an accent as cool as the British one. Can't say I really noticed the British accent on Tiki, but to be fair I haven't used her in a very long time.

I like French accents better

Spoiler

Also no bias whatsoever, it's not like I'm learning French or anything heh

@SatsumaFSoysoy it's definitely adult tiki.

4 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

she does it why both were voiced by Mela Lee so there would be consistent

Though it more noticeable on the younger Tiki

Actually, a very reliable source told me just now that Tiki sounds like an American trying to do a British accent. So, does that make Tiki faux-British? I mean, either way I don't have qualms about her voice, but ... lol.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy it's definitely adult tiki.

Oh, okay. I'm dumb.

I actually went and listened to the Awakening confessions in English (in public!) and yeah, she does have a British accent after all. I haven't listened to the English voices a lot, but it wasn't as noticeable as Young Tiki's to me. That or I just didn't pay attention before.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Actually, a very reliable source told me just now that Tiki sounds like an American trying to do a British accent. So, does that make Tiki faux-British? I mean, either way I don't have qualms about her voice, but ... lol.

Well Mela Lee is American, so he's not wrong lol. Young Tiki's accent does sound quite exaggerated; British people don't really talk like that anymore.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Flying Peri (expected)

Clair doesn't have the Atk to be a flying Peri. Peri's 33/33 cavalry offenses mean she can viably run a Brave Life and Death build (which I will argue is her best build).

1 hour ago, Elieson said:

Lukas is a poor man's Ephraim (probably the best in the pack)

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Lukas actually reaches retarded levels of defense (like, over 40 before he even reaches max level), but he doesn't have the movement demerit of armored units. He does have poor Res and poor offense, but I think he's worth something.

What Satsuma says. Lukas has the stat spread of an armor (45 HP, 35 Atk, 39 Def) and gets infantry movement in exchange for losing armor buff stacking.

I'm not seeing his "poor offense", though. De-equip Fortress Def and his 35 Atk is considered high. Even with Fortress Def, 32 Atk is nothing to scoff at.

1 hour ago, Kiran said:

I'm confused by when Windsweep would be useful. You obviously want it on a fast unit, so you can prevent more units from counterattacking. But at the same time, fast units want to double. When would windsweep  be useful?

Dancer support. That's about it.

1 hour ago, NoirCore said:

Which is why I said I wasn't specifically talking about Tiki.

The main problem with Tiki is I see no reason to have given her a non-neutral accent. My opinion is that non-neutral accents shouldn't be used in a fantasy setting unless you want to convey meaning (e.g. distinction between rural and urban lifestyle, distinction of nationality, distinction of social class) because accents are something that people pick up on readily and can easily apply stereotypes for.

Edited by Ice Dragon

14 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Shin, is that you?

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not seeing his "poor offense", though. De-equip Fortress Def and his 35 Atk is considered high. Even with Fortress Def, 32 Atk is nothing to scoff at.

It's really just because of his Killer Lance putting him at 43 Atk after Fortress Def. That's a problem that can be solved through inheritance, but that's a bit expensive, so out of the box his offense is slightly lackluster.

Actually now that I think about it, if you get a +Def -Spd/Res Lukas, you can drop Fortress Def and still have 41 Def, while your Attack goes up to 46 with Killer Lance, which is...actually super high for a Killer Lance user. Give him Silver Lance+ and he goes up to 50. And if you have spare 4* Effies to go around, Lukas can get Wary Fighter too.haaaaaaa Then you go crazy and give him Death Blow too...

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

1 hour ago, Kiran said:

I'm confused by when Windsweep would be useful. You obviously want it on a fast unit, so you can prevent more units from counterattacking. But at the same time, fast units want to double. When would windsweep  be useful?

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Dancer support. That's about it.

I've heard people say Life and Death also works well with that skill. Not sure how, nor can I test it cause I don't have Alm. But would it be viable?