Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 hours ago, NoirCore said:

Sorry, gotta defend my favorite FE character here.

1) There's a criteria for what accented voices are appropriate on dragons? Last time I checked, this wasn't a thing.

2) I don't get why an English voice is "stupid" to you. If anything, it adds some accent diversity among the FE cast, not to mention it's not like Tiki has a stereotypical personality to match the stereotypes of that respective region's accent like Virion or Laslow.

3) She likely sounds English due to how in Awakening, she was a wise, mystical character that, to add, was an apostle-or oracle- to a god. Such mystical characters quite commonly have such accents, and Tiki's younger self got Mela Lee again to do her accent for consistency's sake.

4) Tiki's voice is lovely. Okay, that's a trivial opinion, but I'll oppose the opposite any day of the week on that. :P

Defend her all you want, it's not going to change my opinion here. And it's just that, all opinion. I never said anything about "criteria for what voices are appropriate for dragons and I never said an English accent specifically was stupid either (though it's certainly not the nicest one to me). I just don't like the way Tiki's voice sounds and don't think it's fitting for her when other manaketes don't have the same accent (not even Fae does and she's apparently a divine dragon as well, and not even Nowi does either who's from the same continent as Tiki).

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

11 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So Clair is Peri with wings, less damage, slightly better Speed, better Res, blonde hair, a blue dress, a different voice actress, a different Lance and a unique passive. But otherwise, she's just Peri.

Well since everyone and their mother insists so much, here's version 2.0:

Clair: Flying Peri with 7 less attack and a boost in all other stats.

You guys happy now?

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well since everyone and their mother insists so much, here's version 2.0:

Clair: Flying Peri with 7 less attack and a boost in all other stats.

You guys happy now?

Now compare every unit to Peri.

Ryoma is just Peri with a dumb sword!

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I don't even know what Ana's talking about. British accents are the absolute best absolutely no bias whatsoever and she's just salty that she can't have an accent as cool as the British one. Can't say I really noticed the British accent on Tiki, but to be fair I haven't used her in a very long time.

*laughs hysterically* HAHAHAhahahaha! Hahaha... Oh man, that's hilarious. ME, want to speak with THAT accent? It's not the worst I've ever heard (in fact, my native city's accent is worse, if you ask me. That crap just sounds plain dumb sometimes. I'm really glad I grew up away from there and didn't pick it up), but it's not close to the best either. If I wanted to speak with any accent, it would be either an Australian one or a southern US one.

I hope you were joking here, Sangyul, I really do.

Also, if I really must EXPLAIN my opinion about adult Tiki's voice for SoC who can't ever seem to handle a simple sentence of "I don't like this at all" and finds it offensive, here then.

As I said in my post above, no other character from the same lands as Tiki speaks with the same accent, no other dragons speak with it, and it just sounds unfitting for her to me. Also, younger Tiki doesn't seem to have the accent, making it forced on her older self. How would she suddenly have an accent when she got older? And of course, I don't care much for the British accent in general.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Now compare every unit to Peri.

Ryoma is just Peri with a dumb sword!

Oboro is Peri without pink highlights or a horse

Gwendolyn is Peri with armor

Just thought of a really good potential use for Windsweep.  Put it on a fast healer with the "turns buffs into debuffs" staff.  One of the biggest issues with that staff before was that the enemy could still hit you back while buffed.  Now only mages and super fast units would be able to.  Maria would be the best for this at 34 base speed, followed by Clarine at 33 speed.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

*laughs hysterically* HAHAHAhahahaha! Hahaha... Oh man, that's hilarious. ME, want to speak with THAT accent? It's not the worst I've ever heard (in fact, my native city's accent is worse, if you ask me. That crap just sounds plain dumb sometimes. I'm really glad I grew up away from there and didn't pick it up), but it's not close to the best either. If I wanted to speak with any accent, it would be either an Australian one or a southern US one.

I hope you were joking here, Sangyul, I really do.

My boyfriend is Shin, who is British. His accent > your accent, all day every day.

Edited by Sunwoo

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

My boyfriend is Shin, who is British. His accent > your accent, all day every day.

I don't really have any accent in particular. I traveled a lot growing up due to being in a military family, so I didn't pick one up. Closest I got to is actually the southern US one.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

I don't really have an accent.

Don't be silly. Everyone has an accent. People just don't notice their own, especially if everyone around them speaks with the same accent, because they grew up with it and it's just "familiar" and "natural-sounding" to them.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Don't be silly. Everyone has an accent. People just don't notice their own, especially if everyone around them speaks with the same accent, because they grew up with it and it's just "familiar" and "natural-sounding" to them.

My bad, see my post edit. I don't actually have any particular accent. Also, have you even heard my voice? You can't say any accent I would have is worse than Shin's. xP

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

My bad, see my post edit. I don't actually have any particular accent.

Regardless, my point still stands that Shin's accent > your dialect or whatever you call it, if you don't think you have an accent.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

My bad, see my post edit. I don't actually have any particular accent.

Even us s̀¶t̀¶ì¶ǹ¶k̀¶ì¶ǹ¶g̀¶ Americans have accents. 

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Regardless, my point still stands that Shin's accent > your dialect or whatever you call it, if you don't think you have an accent.

And like I said, have you even heard my voice before? You can't say that if you haven't.

27 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Defend her all you want, it's not going to change my opinion here. And it's just that, all opinion. I never said anything about "criteria for what voices are appropriate for dragons and I never said an English accent specifically was stupid either (though it's certainly not the nicest one to me). I just don't like the way Tiki's voice sounds and don't think it's fitting for her when other manaketes don't have the same accent (not even Fae does and she's apparently a divine dragon as well, and not even Nowi does either who's from the same continent as Tiki).

Well, when you don't even say "imo" in the first place when speaking negatively about my favorite character and state logic I don't understand, I feel a need to debate.

Also, you said initially that her voice was not fitting for a dragon, period. Couldn't work off more than that to determine anything other than that you must have thought dragons were only allowed one accent.

Tiki and Nowi likely weren't even raised in the same place, for one thing (let alone different times; hell, we know nothing about where Nowi is raised, and a continent is too wide of an area to excuse your logic), and Fae is from an entirely different world. Not that dragons are supposed to have one accent and location means everything anyways; I strongly disagree with such logic.

And young Tiki DOES have an accent. Tap on her in her character screen, and you can definitely hear it.

Oh, and you DO know you're offending English people everywhere by laughing at the thought of having an English accent so obnoxiously, right? I don't think you intended, but you made a bad approach at wording your argument. There aren't even "better" or "worse" accents.

Edited by NoirCore

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Oboro is Peri without pink highlights or a horse

Gwendolyn is Peri with armor

Peri is Peri who is trying to be like Faye who is trying to be like Peri which is actually Oboro who is actually the second coming of Peri only to have her title as Peri be taken away by Peri, I mean Gwendolyn but really she is Peri with armor. Did I do something right?

I full on expect someone to make a video titled, "We heard you like Peri"

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Well, when you don't even say "imo" in the first place when speaking negatively about my favorite character and state logic I don't understand, I feel a need to debate.

Also, you said initially that her voice was not fitting for a dragon, period. Couldn't work off more than that to determine anything other than that you must have thought dragons were only allowed one accent.

Tiki and Nowi likely weren't even raised in the same place, for one thing (let alone different times; hell, we know nothing about where Nowi is raised, and a continent is too wide of an area to excuse your logic), and Fae is from an entirely different world. Not that dragons are supposed to have one accent anyways; I strongly disagree with such logic.

And young Tiki DOES have an accent. Tap on her in her character screen, and you can definitely hear it.

Oh, and you DO know you're offending English people everywhere by laughing at the thought of having an English accent so obnoxiously, right? I don't think you intended, but you made a bad approach. There aren't even "better" or "worse" accents.

1. Just because she's your favorite character doesn't mean people aren't allowed to have negative opinions about her. Not everyone will like her.

2. I don't have young Tiki, I just heard her in-battle lines. Didn't sound British to me.

3. I was laughing at Sangyul saying I'm just salty that I can't have a British accent, not at the accent itself. My bad for the misconception, but that's not a bad approach.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And like I said, have you even heard my voice before? You can't say that if you haven't.

Okay, Ana, like ... all jokes aside, regardless of how your own voice sounds like, do you think my personal bias is really going to say that it sounds better than Shin's? I mean ... at some point it's not a matter of objectivity and "this person is so special to me that no one could possibly look or sound better".

EDIT: Sorry eclipse, you ninja'd me.

So, anyway, my new Leo is doing all right. I'm still not completely sure how I feel about him being -spd, though.

Edited by Sunwoo

Ana, I never said you weren't allowed to dislike her.

But moving on, now. Sorry, guys.

Starting off, tried the pulls a few times. Sadly, no 5 stars yet let alone adult Tiki even as a 3 star.

Say, what are my chances of getting adult Tiki for each red orb, anyway? She's available in 4 and 3 stars, none in 5 stars.

Edited by NoirCore

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

So, anyway, my new Leo is doing all right. I'm still not completely sure how I feel about him being -spd, though.

I would actually argue that -Spd is one of the best possible banes for him.

Leo's base speed is already the second lowest in the entire game (with only Sophia having lower speed), so he's getting doubled by everyone and his mother even if he isn't -spd. 

As such, you may as well take the hit to speed, which doesn't really affect him much anyways, in favor of keeping his offense and defenses intact.

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I would actually argue that -Spd is one of the best possible banes for him.

Leo's base speed is already the second lowest in the entire game (with only Sophia having lower speed), so he's getting doubled by everyone and his mother even if he isn't -spd. 

As such, you may as well take the hit to speed, which doesn't really affect him much anyways, in favor of keeping his offense and defenses intact.

Yeah, that's true. The only thing that makes me a bit iffy on taking the speed bane is that now Leo's doubled by things that are as slow as Alfonse, whereas a neutral speed would at least keep him from being doubled by 25 speed. On the bright side, he is +atk, so that's the best possible boon to take with -spd, which I can still work around because he's already slow.

Edited by Sunwoo

*Tfw a mod shuts down the de railment and everyone awkwardly tries to find something else to talk about*

Lukas is Peri if she was a dude

Catria is Peri when it's too hot 

Effie is Peri if she pumped iron

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

*Tfw a mod shuts down the de railment and everyone awkwardly tries to find something else to talk about*

Lukas is Peri if she was a dude

Catria is Peri when it's too hot 

Effie is Peri if she pumped iron

You're Peri

The mods are Peri

EVERYONE IS PERI

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

"What are your guys' thoughts on the new banner? Did you get the focus heroes you wanted? Are you hoping for Celica's banner, and if so, what units would you like to see in it? I personally would like to pull for Genny and Saber."

Is that good enough?

9 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Okay, Ana, like ... all jokes aside, regardless of how your own voice sounds like, do you think my personal bias is really going to say that it sounds better than Shin's? I mean ... at some point it's not a matter of objectivity and "this person is so special to me that no one could possibly look or sound better".

EDIT: Sorry eclipse, you ninja'd me.

Well, when you stated that opinion to me twice, it sounded rather serious. My mistake though, and yes, eclipse is right and we should move on.

So, I have to admit that a part of me doesn't want to use Klein, but I feel like I got no choice, so... He better turn out well. xP