• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The breastplate seems to be fine to me. The angle on her damaged art appears to be pretty close to 45 degrees, and this one is turned a bit more away from the viewer. The breastplate also appears to be attached to the paudrons (judging by how in her damaged art, her pauldrons align with her chest and not with her arms, albeit weirdly), meaning that turning her shoulders farther than her chest would result in the breastplate being pulled in that direction.

And that just means that her chest is facing even farther away from the viewer than her shoulders, which makes the pose less difficult to perform.

Now you just got me want to sketch out the entire thing and

wow ok

b28577ecfd.png

I'm noticing a lot more weirdness than just the pose now, the legs are ridiculously long compared to the torso, and she's bending forward slightly, which, ok, i'll revisit that bit on the mirror, using my own chest as a metric and---

yeah nope i needed to grab on to something, even when i just did it as a mid-motion thing. the entire piece is oddly constructed now that I personally drew over it. 

11 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Forblaze will probably go to Athos whenever they add him.

I know he probably will, since it's the one he uses by default, but it'd be nice if it was Aureola just because it will never be in the game otherwise. Lucius & Serra are trapped in healer hell. 

I guess there's Renault but I am 10000% sure he'll just be a healer and get like Pain or something because of course.

Edited by r_n

Just now, r_n said:

I know he probably will, since it's the one he uses by default, but it'd be nice if it was Aureola just because it will never be in the game otherwise. Lucius & Serra are trapped in healer hell. 

Maybe they'll add Elimine or something, dunno.

I always did like Aureola's animation though.

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Maybe they'll add Elimine or something, dunno.

I always did like Aureola's animation though.

Oh that would be fun. I didn't realize they actually had a design for her, even; she shows up from that bonus disc.

But she's also associated with the Saint's Staff so get ready for colorless when we get her in 2 years

Just now, r_n said:

Oh that would be fun. I didn't realize they actually had a design for her, even; she shows up from that bonus disc.

But she's also associated with the Saint's Staff so get ready for colorless when we get her in 2 years

The Saint's Staff would be really OP, because no durability.

19 minutes ago, r_n said:

I feel like that's not an equal argument considering Lilliana & Sophia are both red mages

The fire and dark magic lines exist for flavor purposes. Simple as that.

The fact that they have the same stats is because all "basic" weapons have the same stats as each other within their general type (melee, ranged physical, ranged magical).

19 minutes ago, r_n said:

I'm actually surprised they didn't give Lilly Forblaze. If they're going to differentiate the mages like this, and don't want anima & dark magic to mix, may as well give the heroine of FE6 the special fire tome eh?

Heroes has so far only given legendary-tier weapons to characters if the weapon had a character lock or if the weapon was obtained as part of a character's starting inventory.

Lilina and Forblaze don't satisfy either of these conditions.

6 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

wow ok

I'm noticing a lot more weirdness than just the pose now, the legs are ridiculously long compared to the torso, and she's bending forward slightly, which, ok, i'll revisit that bit on the mirror, using my own chest as a metric and---

yeah nope i needed to grab on to something, even when i just did it as a mid-motion thing. the entire piece is oddly constructed now that I personally drew over it. 

I'll try myself when I get home, but I'm still not convinced that it's not plausible. Let's see if my back can actually turn that far.

(Actually, seeing your sketch over it actually made me think it's more plausible than I originally thought.)

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

All of Elibe's heroes have at a minimum semi-canon designs from the Hasha no Tsurugi manga.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'll try myself when I get home, but I'm still not convinced that it's not plausible. Let's see if my back can actually turn that far.

(Actually, seeing your sketch over it actually made me think it's more plausible than I originally thought.)

Don't forget to arch your back and stick out your butt while you do it

That's something I didn't even notice until I drew it over, mainly because it's covered by the arm but it was the only thing plausible from that angle

Edited by Thor Odinson

18 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

wow ok

b28577ecfd.png

I guess this is unrelated to the pose being weird, but isn't her butt weirdly sized as well? The left side seems kinda flat for how large the right side is drawn.

I'm shameless.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I guess this is unrelated to the pose being weird, but isn't her butt weirdly sized as well? The left side seems kinda flat for how large the right side is drawn.

I'm shameless.

Yes

I noticed that too

it was weird

Actually I drew her near butt smaller before, but then I noticed the fold position and I'm like "ok wow this is...odd?"

Edited by Thor Odinson

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Heroes has so far only given legendary-tier weapons to characters if the weapon had a character lock or if the weapon was obtained as part of a character's starting inventory.

Lilina and Forblaze don't satisfy either of these conditions.

Aw, oh well. Maybe they'll break away from that over time, just as an excuse to get other s or ss rank weapons out there.

All of Elibe's heroes have at a minimum semi-canon designs from the Hasha no surugi manga.

The ones on the wiki seem more vague than the cg used in the games, where there better pictures that just aren't as circulated? I'm kind of curious.

Barigan, for instance

latest?cb=20090813124419

not much going on here.

Just now, Thor Odinson said:

Yes

I noticed that too

it was weird

Well, maybe it's just the back end of her outfit fluttering that's creating an illusion. Idk. She'd have to turn even more to not make it look like that. I'm not sure she can, but I guess Ice Dragon will show us the truth maybe.

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

This analysis of Catria... 

Speaking of art, Setsuna suddenly sprouting a shoulder plate when she activates her special is weird.

She promotes to a sniper when she procs her special.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm shameless.

1 minute ago, Thor Odinson said:

Yes

I noticed that too

it was weird

Actually I drew her near butt smaller before, but then I noticed the fold position and I'm like "ok wow this is...odd?"

We can't all be perfect.

Just now, r_n said:

The ones on the wiki seem more vague than the cg used in the games, where there better pictures that just aren't as circulated? I'm kind of curious.

Barigan, for instance

latest?cb=20090813124419

not much going on here.

Nope, those are the best ones. There's a lot more detail in them, though, compared to the one in FE7's opening where all you really see are lumps of metal and cloth.

30 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

wow ok

b28577ecfd.png

actually, the way you lined the boobs here makes it look more doable here to me. with the plating on it looks 3/4ths but with this it's like 2.5/4. don't trust my numbers but ya get me? yeah the legs are very long...i use the leg-to-fingertips ratio to measure how long an arm should be, which is around below crotch level, and if you unbend her spine, her fingertips are a ways above that level. at least to me. maybe my mental image exaggerated it.

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

LOl

Edited by wizzard of soz

7 minutes ago, Kaden said:

This analysis of Catria... 

Speaking of art, Setsuna suddenly sprouting a shoulder plate when she activates her special is weird.

What, you don't randomly sprout armor out of hammerspace when you attack with great power? :P

I don't feel like I'm doing the pose wrong... but there's no one around me to check and I don't want to take a picture of myself. :P It seems like I can do it but it's certainly not a fun or comfortable pose to be in

Maybe Catria is one of those "if you got it, flaunt it" girls

I can't wait for Camus! Gonna steal him from Tatiana  

1 minute ago, JSND said:

The only Legendary Hero i want to finally appear is Anri tbh

I mean cmon, this guy is hyped in Archanean games to be the strongest human in the series. I want to see him in action once!

nah, we have Camus for that :D Go Camus!

After all, Medeus did compare Camus to Anri in terms of strength in the last BS Akaneia/Archanea FE chapter!

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

The only Legendary Hero i want to finally appear is Anri tbh

I mean cmon, this guy is hyped in Archanean games to be the strongest human in the series. I want to see him in action once!

Anri: also known as Ur Marth

The fifth falchion, what everyone wants!

Edited by r_n

4 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I don't feel like I'm doing the pose wrong... but there's no one around me to check and I don't want to take a picture of myself. :P It seems like I can do it but it's certainly not a fun or comfortable pose to be in

Maybe Catria is one of those "if you got it, flaunt it" girls

I can't wait for Camus! Gonna steal him from Tatiana  

the hard part to me is getting the right amount of both chest and butt in the picture, and then bending forward. i didn't even notice she was bending forward and couldn't do it proper, but i feel that would make it harder.

regardless it sure ain't comfortable.

no pain no gain, Catria will flaunt for days

i'm kind of cackling inside thinking of all of us struggling to attempt the Catria pose in the mirror. a worthy cause.

I had residual back pain from 3 weeks ago when i slept on my boyfriend's dorm floor which is hard af even after piling a shitton of blankets on it

It doesn't affect how much I can twist but I think I might have to ask him for another back massage this weekend :B

Things I do for science

28 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

20% Str growth needs all the help she can get. (She's so lucky that bows are axes in Fates. The fact that Takumi exists means she'll be benched anyway, but still.)