Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Tsunami922 said:

Is Gronnblade+ necessary, or does the regular tome work as well?

Every little bit helps, of course, but Gronnblade Cecilia overkills her enemies more often than not, so you don't miss out on as much by not upgrading the skill fodder as you would with other characters. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Got Zephiel up to lv40. He's fun, but his skillset is very strange. Higher power than most armors, especially through Life and Death, but he's also not quite as sturdy as a result and the speed boost becomes irrelevant whenever he has Wary Fighter up. Then when his HP drops and Wary Fighter stops working, he becomes really vulnerable but Reprisal means he can hit extremely hard. At one point I screwed up a high-stratum battle by making the mistake of healing him before he attacked when I could have just as easily waited, causing him to miss the Reprisal damage for a necessary KO, so that was annoying.

Now that I have a fourth unique armor, I could merge my two lv40 Gwendys together, but I'm not in any rush. It's something I'll keep in mind for if I run out of unit space, though.

Edited by Othin

15 minutes ago, Othin said:

Got Zephiel up to lv40. He's fun, but his skillset is very strange. Higher power than most armors, especially through Life and Death, but he's also not quite as sturdy as a result and the speed boost becomes irrelevant whenever he has Wary Fighter up. Then when his HP drops and Wary Fighter stops working, he becomes really vulnerable but Reprisal means he can hit extremely hard. At one point I screwed up a high-stratum battle by making the mistake of healing him before he attacked when I could have just as easily waited, causing him to miss the Reprisal damage for a necessary KO, so that was annoying.

Now that I have a fourth unique armor, I could merge my two lv40 Gwendys together, but I'm not in any rush. Something to keep in mind for if I run out of unit space, though.

This makes me kinda wish that I went gung-ho on trying to pull a Lukas, so I could inherit Fortress Def onto Z-man. 5* with 43 defense is outrageous is downright gigantic, and even with the attack detriment, the Threaten Def innate from his sword kinda offsets it back to a neutral number. That would arguably help the tank, tank (more than L&D ya?)

Running this with somebody that has Breath of Life (3) can let Z-man tank up against swords, axes for days. That, and even the best Unmerged lances (+Atk Fury Brave Lance Death Blow Effie) barely OHKOs Zephiel.

*Edit: I put Fury and Death Blow in the same calc, oops.

+Atk Brave Lance+ Death Blow Effie w/ Attack Seal runs 43+8 (+6) +1 = 58 Atk, 69 with WTA. (69 - 43)*2 = 53, and Zephiel's 55 HP STILL survives

Edited by Elieson

3 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Question: is Poison Strike's dmg added to any Pain user? Or is the higher number applied only cancelling the other one?

Healers (who are the only ones that can learn Pain) cannot inherit Poison Strike in the first place (or Savage Blow).

BUT Poison Strike does stack with Jaffar's Deathly Dagger, allowing him to do 17 damage per hit after battle instead of his usual 7. 

Also, you didn't ask, but Renewal also stacks with Falchion, letting you heal 20 HP every 3 turns instead of 10. 

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Healers (who are the only ones that can learn Pain) cannot inherit Poison Strike in the first place (or Savage Blow).

Actually they can inherit Savage Blow but not Poison Strike. (Last time I checked the wiki had erroneous information, indeed).

Just now, salinea said:

Actually they can inherit Savage Blow but not Poison Strike. (Last time I checked the wiki had erroneous information, indeed).

Oh is that so? Guess I was wrong then, mbad. 

Is the rest of what I said accurate at least?

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Oh is that so? Guess I was wrong then, mbad. 

Is the rest of what I said accurate at least?

As far as I know? I just knew about this because I checked recently following on a discussion. I don't have Jaffar or a Falchion user so the other stuff I haven't checked.

Just now, salinea said:

As far as I know? I just knew about this because I checked recently following on a discussion. I don't have Jaffar or a Falchion user so the other stuff I haven't checked.

I can personally confirm for Jaffar since I have one.

I don't have a Falchion user, so this is secondhand information I heard from someone else. 

Guys.

I JUST HAD THE BEST LUCK I EVER HAD IN THIS GAME SO FAR.

I don't even care about not getting another 5 star Freddy. :P

FAVORITE NOT-IKE LORD!

Edited by Anacybele

35 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

BUT Poison Strike does stack with Jaffar's Deathly Dagger, allowing him to do 17 damage per hit after battle instead of his usual 7. 

Also, you didn't ask, but Renewal also stacks with Falchion, letting you heal 20 HP every 3 turns instead of 10. 

Oh ok thanks. I saw an Azama with Savage Blow on the Strata though.

I've actually seen a bunch of Renewal Lucinas on the arena which I think is a waste.

= EDIT =

@JSND Actually I love Gronnraven (and by extension all the raven tomes) because it reminds me of Myotismon's Grisly Wing attack on Digimon 01, plus giving her Astra/Glimmer make her multistrike which is cooler to me!

Edited by Quintessence

Huh, I just realized this, but since healers cannot inherit any special except for Balms and Miracle, then their special voice lines are completely useless data. You'll only hear Azama say, "Death comes for everyone!", when you start a map and that's it. Maybe in the Training Tower, you can hear them, but still...

Maybe we'll get offensive versions of them like a sage Lissa or something...

Edited by Kaden

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Huh, I just realized this, but since healers cannot inherit any special except for Balms and Miracle, then their special voice lines are completely useless data. You'll only hear Azama say, "Death comes for everyone!", when you start a map and that's it. Maybe in the Training Tower, you can hear then, but still...

Maybe we'll get offensive versions of them like a sage Lissa or something...

Do you not get their special voice lines when you use their Balm specials? Or something like Imbue?

I haven't played with animations for a while, but I seem to remember that you can still see/hear their special art/lines that way. 

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Do you not get their special voice lines when you use their Balm specials? Or something like Imbue?

I haven't played with animations for a while, but I seem to remember that you can still see/hear their special art/lines that way. 

You get their "assist" ones like Serra's "Adore me!" which are basically part of their poke quotes. I don't remember, but I doubt you'd hear Azama scream, "Death comes for everyone!", as he heals you. Seriously, if he did that, I think everyone would just stop, look at him, and slowly back away.

Edited by Kaden

Just now, Kaden said:

You get their "assist" or healing ones like Serra's "Adore me!" I don't remember, but I doubt you'd hear Azama scream, "Death comes for everyone!", as he heals you. Seriously, if he did that, I think everyone would just stop, look at him, and slowly back away.

I don't think the game makes a distinction between "assist" specials and offensive specials in regards to art/lines. But I could be wrong.

I don't have an Azama, so I'll leave this up to someone else to test. 

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I don't think the game makes a distinction between "assist" specials and offensive specials in regards to art/lines. But I could be wrong.

I don't have an Azama, so I'll leave this up to someone else to test. 

I was going to edit this in, but you replied so quickly. On Azama's page on the wiki: http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Azama/Quotes, these lines are listed as his special lines:

“I won’t lose!”“

"Rest in peace.”

“Death comes for everyone.”

“Here comes your final reward.”

He only says the death one for map starts. Otherwise, if he activates his healing specials, he says one of two lines:

“Do be careful.” 

“What to do with you?”

Both of which you can hear if you poke him on his character page.

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

I was going to edit this in, but you replied so quickly. On Azama's page on the wiki, these lines are listed as his special lines:

“I won’t lose!”“

"Rest in peace.”

“Death comes for everyone.”

“Here comes your final reward.”

He only says the death one for map starts. Otherwise, if he activates his healing specials, he says these one of two lines:

“Do be careful.” 

“What to do with you?”

Both of which you can hear if you poke him on his character page.

Huh. That's interesting. 

I guess the "special" lines are just for entering battle then, as you said?

Okay, I've got a bit of a dilemma.

I pulled two 4 star Ravens in the last couple days. But now I don't know which one I should use and which should be merge fodder.

One Raven is +Atk, -Def and the other is +HP, -Res. Which is more preferable to use?

Just now, Anacybele said:

Okay, I've got a bit of a dilemma.

I pulled two 4 star Ravens in the last couple days. But now I don't know which one I should use and which should be merge fodder.

One Raven is +Atk, -Def and the other is +HP, -Res. Which is more preferable to use?

Easily +Atk

+Atk is by far the best nature on Brave units as they get double the boost from an atk boon than any other character.

The only Brave units I might go with something else for are the super speedy ones that run quad-desperation builds, like Cordelia and Setsuna as they might often run +Spd to ensure the quad hits. 

But other than that, +Atk is easily the best nature for any Brave unit. 

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Easily +Atk

+Atk is by far the best nature on Brave units as they get double the boost from an atk boon than any other character.

The only Brave units I might go with something else for are the super speedy ones that run quad-desperation builds, like Cordelia and Setsuna as they might often run +Spd to ensure the quad hits. 

But other than that, +Atk is easily the best nature for any Brave unit. 

That's what I was thinking, but wasn't sure since -def means Raven can take fewer hits, but +HP means he can take more. Thanks though!

I kinda wish we could get a feature that lets us change the boons and banes of our characters, but that could be OP...

Edited by Anacybele

22 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Huh. That's interesting. 

I guess the "special" lines are just for entering battle then, as you said?

Yeah, one of them since none of the characters say more than one of their special lines for entering battles. They'll say one and the usual map pick lines like "Let's go" or something. Seems like a waste for 3 lines to go unused... Healers are sad creatures, especially if they shouldn't have been one in the first place.

11 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Yeah, one of them since none of the characters say more than one of their special lines for entering battles. They'll say one and the usual map pick lines like "Let's go" or something. Seems like a waste for 3 lines to go unused... Healers are sad creatures, especially if they shouldn't have been one in the first place.

A moment of silence for Lachesis and Lucius

Watch someone like Athos get added into Heroes as a healer too lmao

7 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

If they make Athos a healer instead of giving him Forblaze, I will eat a sock.

I'll mail you a sock to eat. Ask people I've mailed stuff on SF to ( @Trisitei comes to mind). It'll be my pleasure!

Edited by Elieson