Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

49 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

A moment of silence for Lachesis and Lucius

Watch someone like Athos get added into Heroes as a healer too lmao

Add in Artur, Elincia, Guinivere, Libra, Micaiah, and more who will get to join the demoted to healers crew! 

Please, no. I need more blues. ;_;

Anyway, found it; the Awkward Zombie comic that sums up Zephiel's GHB: http://www.awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=050415.

Image in spoiler for those of you too lazy to click a link.

Spoiler

comic404_zpsdz7elou0.png

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Add in Artur, Elincia, Guinivere, Libra, Micaiah, and more who will get to join the demoted to healers crew! 

Anyway, found it; the Awkward Zombie comic that sums up Zephiel's GHB: http://www.awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=050415.

Image in spoiler for those of you too lazy to click a link.

Reveal hidden contents

comic404_zpsdz7elou0.png

I'm still holding out hope for Elincia and Micaiah, but yeah...

Spoiler

Also the comic is pretty perfect haha. You should post it in the Jokes and Memes thread!

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Blues? We're still on that as well? (I'm guessing it's the light magic= blue thing, There are obvious red and greens in there) It was a decent guess of how the game would go at the time, but I don't think it really holds up anymore. (Light magic being a base line magic has been slipping as the game goes on and we've got light based greens who don't have an elemental connection to the colour they got like Linde did.) 

Edited by goodperson707

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Isn't it funny that both Jakob and Felicia are Dagger units, but Lucius and Lachesis are both staves? The servants could reach S in staves, too.

I guess is for the lack of viable Dagger users, we have Matthew, Jaffar, Gaius and the ninjas (other wise you would need to use unpopular BB characters)

1 minute ago, Troykv said:

I guess is for the lack of viable Dagger users, we have Matthew, Jaffar, Gaius and the ninjas (other wise you would need to use unpopular BB characters)

Well Kagerou is pretty good. Jaffar is alright.

I personally don't care if Elincia ends up being a staff user, I just want Lucia to not suck. >< (which would be a bit hard to do, since everyone starts out at Lvl 1 with virtually the same BSTs at Lvl 40). And Miccy being Blue would be great so she can wreck Ike if she ever faces him. xD

I'm not saddened about healers because most of the time I use them, since I'm playing strata much more frequently than arena. I believe they will add offensive variants of healers eventually, like Priscilla being a green cavalier, Clarine being a blue one (maybe), Elise being a red one (who knows) and other staffers being color mages. I don't think they'll voice lines just because, they will find their use.

Micaiah likely will use a tome over healing staves. She'll probably get Ardent Sacrifice anyways; it's too perfect-fitting of a skill for her, and would be pointless on a healer.

There's literally no reason not to give Elincia her Amiti. Unlike light magic, Brave weapons, swords, and unique weapons all already exist in the game.

Micaiah I think would be a good place to add in the basic light tomes into the game because Ardent Sacrifice is not compatible with staff users, and there's literally no reason to not give her Ardent Sacrifice.

Enh I kinda think they'll use awakening as precedent for Micaiah, so red (I think there's a bit of matching colour thinking in places so that could be seen as a plus)  And with that I can see the line of thinking that base light magic wouldn't be necessary to add.  

Elincia being relegated to a healer after her stint as a complete badass with Amiti in the latter parts of Radiant Dawn would be the saddest thing imo.

I'm looking forward to being able to user her to wreck people...though I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up too high, considering that I don't want to be too disappointed.

Micaiah being a healer I'm totally expecting, since they did the same with Lucius, despite him also not being able to heal until promotion. Her having Thani or something would be a pleasant surprise.

I never really understood why they couldn't give Lucius a tome. Light magic already technically exists in the game with Julia's Book of Naga, after all.

1 hour ago, goodperson707 said:

Blues? We're still on that as well? (I'm guessing it's the light magic= blue thing, There are obvious red and greens in there) It was a decent guess of how the game would go at the time, but I don't think it really holds up anymore. (Light magic being a base line magic has been slipping as the game goes on and we've got light based greens who don't have an elemental connection to the colour they got like Linde did.) 

I'm more on the whole I had a terrible time having little to no blues, especially blue mages, and having no other archer other than Virion at the beginning of playing Heroes. So, having more archers and blues and the chance of getting them would be nice.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Hide contents

Oh, don't say that >.< 

I adore Artur and really don't want him on the healer side. We don't need more healers, we have enough! 

Libra, at least, should get an axe. After all, he starts promoted and half his conversations are about him being tougher than people think (usually coupled with his complex over his looks). 

13 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Micaiah being a healer I'm totally expecting, since they did the same with Lucius, despite him also not being able to heal until promotion. Her having Thani or something would be a pleasant surprise.

Despite Micaiah being a lord-esque character and Ardent Sacrifice being a better fit for her as potentially being a part of her starting learning skillset? It's a more logical fit for her than using a staff when you consider the effects, so I'm expecting her to use a tome.

14 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

I never really understood why they couldn't give Lucius a tome. Light magic already technically exists in the game with Julia's Book of Naga, after all.

There are no animations for lower-tier light tomes, though, and that's the more important thing.

Just now, NoirCore said:

Despite Micaiah being a lord-esque character and Ardent Sacrifice being a better fit for her as potentially being a part of her starting learning skillset? It's a more logical fit for her than using a staff when you consider the effects, so I'm expecting her to use a tome.

Ardent Sacrifice cannot be learned by a staff user in the first place. If Micaiah has Ardent Sacrifice, then it is physically impossible for her to simultaneously be a staff user.

11 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Oh, don't say that >.< 

I adore Artur and really don't want him on the healer side. We don't need more healers, we have enough! 

Libra, at least, should get an axe. After all, he starts promoted and half his conversations are about him being tougher than people think (usually coupled with his complex over his looks). 

You never know. Est is using a Heavy Lance despite starting out with Armorslayer, Faye is an archer despite not having access to the class in Echoes, Florina has a Heavy Lance of all things and isn't fast, Palla is using a sword when she starts out with a Silver Lance if I recall correctly on her wiki page, Raven is an axe fighter, and then there are the sins known as healer Lachesis and Lucius.

Edit: I feel like I understand why I hate Azama's character so much now...

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

There are no animations for lower-tier light tomes, though, and that's the more important thing.

Couldn't light mages use Lightning tomes? I swear they could have used them in Blazing Sword. That still works and we could have had light mages use Thunder or rename and Lucius be the Thoron+ blue mage and it would have been fine.

Edited by Kaden

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not a coder, but is it really that hard to add in a new animation for the lower light tome? I mean, didn't they have to add in new animations for Sanaki and Julia's tomes, etc? 

@Kaden

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean should as in he will... I meant it more as in I feel like that should happen or I hope that will happen >.< 

It's a wish lol

Edited by Cute Chao

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Couldn't light mages use Lightning tomes? I swear they could have used them in Blazing Sword. That still works and we could have had light mages use Thunder or rename and Lucius be the Thoron+ blue mage and it would have been fine.

Lightning is light magic. Thunder is thunder magic. They are very different things.

The light magic base progression would probably be Lightning → Shine → Divine → Divine+.

6 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm not a coder, but is it really that hard to add in a new animation for the lower light tome? I mean, didn't they have to add in new animations for Sanaki and Julia's tomes, etc? 

Not code. Art assets.

Sanaki's Cymbeline is 1 animation. Julia's Naga is 1 animation. A light magic progression is 3 animations.

Since they were churning out 6 characters every 2 weeks for a while there, they probably couldn't scrounge up resources to work on 3 magic animations for just a single character to use.

Light mages using elemental magic wasn't an issue in FE13, so it's pretty odd for it to be an issue here. Micaiah was even a Dark Mage as DLC.

I don't really see why dark magic gets a unique set of spells when light doesn't, when there will inevitably be more than one light magic user added (at this point, we have three who are naturally associate with light magic in their home games, Linde, Lucius, and Julia, especially those last two, and in the future we will likely have the possibility of:

Micaiah

Dierdre

Oliver

Artur

Yoder

Renault

Saias

Sephiran

Lekain

Ashera

It seems kinda silly to me, is all.

5 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I don't really see why dark magic gets a unique set of spells when light doesn't, when there will inevitably be more than one light magic user added (at this point, we have three who are naturally associate with light magic in their home games, Linde, Lucius, and Julia, especially those last two, and in the future we will likely have the possibility of:

Micaiah

Dierdre

Oliver

Artur

Yoder

Renault

Saias

Sephiran

Lekain

Ashera

It seems kinda silly to me, is all.

Yup, this is pretty much my thinking. The resources may be draining at first, but then it opens up a whole new pool of characters... although maybe they'll just demote them all into healers. Oh man -.- 

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Lightning is light magic. Thunder is thunder magic. They are very different things.

The light magic base progression would probably be Lightning → Shine → Divine → Divine+.

Eh, same difference. They're still smiting people with divine light. :P

Why light magic for half of that lidt? And there not going to put every unit in and some of those are pretty redundant. And Lucius is the only one in game so far who can't use anima and who isn't heavily associated with and have a signature tome. Yes there're possibilities to be had but there just that, and they are capable of looking at the whole of who they plan on bringing in and what they want to do with characters. 

Edited by goodperson707