Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

There's literally no reason not to give Elincia her Amiti. Unlike light magic, Brave weapons, swords, and unique weapons all already exist in the game.

Micaiah I think would be a good place to add in the basic light tomes into the game because Ardent Sacrifice is not compatible with staff users, and there's literally no reason to not give her Ardent Sacrifice.

Speaking of unique weapons/Regalia, I find it pretty weird that there's no Mercurius user yet. I thought Navarre would've been the Mercurius user.

Also, were's Gharnef and Imhullu? Next ghb plz and Gotoh with Starlight.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Speaking of unique weapons/Regalia, I find it pretty weird that there's no Mercurius user yet. I thought Navarre would've been the Mercurius user.

Mercurius will probably go to Astram.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

You guys are assuming Micaiah will only have one version in the game.

I bet we'll get Light Mage Micaiah that uses Blue Tomes, and Light Sage Micaiah that uses Staffs.

Then we'll get Light Priestess Micaiah, Dark Mage Micaiah, Witch Micaiah, Christmas Micaiah, and Zero Suit Micaiah.

Obviously this is an exaggeration, but it's safe to say that in the long run, most characters will have multiple versions.

2 minutes ago, Jave said:

I bet we'll get Light Mage Micaiah that uses Blue Tomes, and Light Sage Micaiah that uses Staffs.

Then we'll get Light Priestess Micaiah, Dark Mage Micaiah, Witch Micaiah, Christmas Micaiah, and Zero Suit Micaiah.

Obviously this is an exaggeration, but it's safe to say that in the long run, most characters will have multiple versions.

I would whale for those <3 ... If I had a debit card owo 

8 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Astram isn't in the game yet, pretty simple. (I guess you could make a case for Marth as well but he has Falchion and that was just the first game. ) To my knowledge they haven't just been giving out the regalia at random they're following the games and who is associated with said weapons in them.

36 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Eh, same difference. They're still smiting people with divine light. :P

This is why we can't have nice things.

43 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I don't really see why dark magic gets a unique set of spells when light doesn't, when there will inevitably be more than one light magic user added (at this point, we have three who are naturally associate with light magic in their home games, Linde, Lucius, and Julia, especially those last two, and in the future we will likely have the possibility of:

Time and resources. I'm predicting we will get a full light magic progression during a big update (probably Tellius), though it could come earlier if no other unique magic weapons are implemented for a few updates (noting that Sanaki and Julia were the only characters with unique new magic animations in their banners), which would give the artists some time to work on the required assets.

Linde could use any tome that wasn't locked to a different character because magic had no type system in FE1 and FE3 and there weren't enough different weapons to warrant a type system.

Julia's promoted Sage class in FE4 allowed her access to all magic types except dark magic.

Both of these characters have an argument for using tomes that aren't light magic, whereas Micaiah and Lucius do not. DLC Micaiah doesn't count because that's not considered canon.

Melee weapon users using weapons that their class can use in other games, but that they could not use in their original game, doesn't count as a counterargument. With melee weapon classes, class is more important than weapon type (or was before re-classing became a thing). With magic weapon types, weapon type is more important than class. For example, people will be angry if Soren's first iteration uses fire magic instead of wind magic even though he has access to fire magic in all of his original games.

I think people would be somewhat less angry at Lachesis and Lucius being staff users if staff users were actually useful instead of being inferior at combat and inferior at support.

23 minutes ago, Jave said:

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm specifically talking about the first Micaiah we get because that's the one that's going to matter the most.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Personally, I can't see them making Elincia and/or Micaiah staff units on the basis that one of them is a lord and the other is essentially a lord in all but name. What I'm saying is I don't think they would saddle plot important characters like them with staves compared to characters like Lachesis and Lucius who don't affect the overall narrative of their respective games much if at all. I will say that if Elincia does end up with a staff, I would only be okay with it if Renning gets Amiti instead.

Now I'm starting to wonder what if Assault used the normal damage calculation -- its MT might need to drop a bit or it could be made into a 4* skill that costs 200 SP instead of 50 SP -- and how that would work out. The other, primarily debuff spells like Panic and Pain should stick with current staff damage calculation.

Edit: Maybe Absorb could have that change as well.

Edit 2: Eh... It could make the other spells pointless since raw damage might be favored over low damage and debuffs which compared to the thieves having decent to high damage and debuffing would really suck.

Edited by Kaden

10 mt is below average and for the debuff staff, debuff staff is a glorified seal skill wth 5 MT, so one can argue other staffs is for squares @Arcanite

I mean i guess Elise can join Gunter Godsquad, but i feel like fixing Staff doesn't do much even if on paper they have tons of utility if you know how to work the mechanics or something

20 minutes ago, Rezanator said:

Healers are already outside of the weapons triangle like archers/daggers. Then why can't they exchange healing for full attack power? Then they would just be the magic equivalent of the archer/dagger unit. 

I wrote a whole dissertation on why full damage is not a good idea.

Without increasing the power of staff users' support options, giving Assault full attack power would result in a massive divide between staff users that actually do damage and staff users that don't because healing is currently an unnecessary function in the arena and their support options are inferior to those of units that have an offensive presence.

6 minutes ago, JSND said:

10 mt is below average and for the debuff staff, debuff staff is a glorified seal skill wth 5 MT, so one can argue other staffs is for squares @Arcanite

Well here's my opinion on staves in general:

Assault is okay

Pain is better

Gravity is nyeh 

Everything else is for squares

So yeah lol

9 minutes ago, JSND said:

10 mt is below average and for the debuff staff, debuff staff is a glorified seal skill wth 5 MT, so one can argue other staffs is for squares

Really? Sure meta wise 5* +weapons are what matters but design wise probably not as much. Plus ranged weapons are weaker anyway, assault is on paper as powerful as a + wolf spell.

Maybe I should just wait for offensive versions of the healers which by that time, maybe light magic animations are made or alternatively, since some of the healers can use different weapons, there could be stuff like Great Master Azama -- why do I feel like this could be a FE version of Great Teacher Onizuka? -- and axe-wielding War Cleric Lissa while someone like Libra could have a healer version.

Edited by Kaden

Maybe I should just wait for offensive versions of the healers which by that time, maybe light magic animations are made or alternatively since some of the healers can use different weapons, there could be stuff like Great Master Azama -- why do I feel like this could be a FE version of Great Teacher Onizuka -- and axe-wielding War Cleric Lissa while someone like Libra could have a healer version.

@Ice Dragon It feels that the game has reached a dead end with staff users. Revamping the whole system would probably take too much time/effort. The easiest would be to make new offensive magic neutrals with no healing. I feel bad about leaving the current crop of healers in the bench. Healing could have tiered levels of healing.

3 minutes ago, Rezanator said:

@Ice Dragon It feels that the game has reached a dead end with staff users. Revamping the whole system would probably take too much time/effort. The easiest would be to make new offensive magic neutrals with no healing. I feel bad about leaving the current crop of healers in the bench. Healing could have tiered levels of healing.

The best thing to do with healers isn't to change them up, but to shake up the game to make it so not everything is ORKO or be ORKO'd. 

Hopefully, the new Defense and Reinforcement maps will be doing just that. 

15 minutes ago, Rezanator said:

I think the best thing to do with staff users is not to change the existing mechanics but to introduce new staff-specific skills that allow them to provide superior and relevant support options compared to non-staff users.

Here are some from an older thread:

On 4/12/2017 at 10:55 PM, Ice Dragon said:

A few more:

Aura Extend: Staff only, passive B. This unit's passive C skill has its range extended by 1.

• Hone, Fortify, and Spur skills have their range extended to 2.
  • Breath of Life has its range extended to 2.
  • Threaten skills have their range extended to 3.
  • Savage Blow has its range extended to 3.

Aura Boost: Staff only, passive B. This unit's passive C skill has its stat-affecting effect increased by 4/7/10% of this unit's corresponding stat (excluding buffs). Examples:

• A unit with Aura Boost 3, Hone Spd 3, and 30 Spd would give +7 Spd (4 + 30 x 10% = 4 + 3 = 8) instead of +4 Spd when activating Hone Spd 3.
  • A unit with Aura Boost 3, Threaten Atk 3, and 40 Atk would inflict -9 Atk (5 + 40 x 10% = 5 + 4 = 9) instead of -5 Atk when activating Threaten Atk 3.

Wide Range: Staff only, passive B. When attacking with a staff, the after-battle effect is also applied to enemies within 1 square of the target.

In hindsight, Wide Range should probably have 3 levels with Wide Range 3 causing the after-battle effect to be applied to a massive 3-square radius around the target in order to out-do Smoke Dagger, Dark Breath, and Elivagar, though Pain would end up being broken as all hell when paired with Savage Blow (10 damage to target, 17 damage in a 2-square radius, 10 damage to enemies 3 squares away).

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

@Ice Dragon, would removing the +1 to special cooldown on the stronger heal spells also work without making them stupid?

1 word

Spoiler

Heavenly Light 

Spoiler

Which means, 2 words

Spoiler

No, that would make them stupid

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

1 word

Reveal hidden contents

Heavenly Light 

Reveal hidden contents

Which means, 2 words

Reveal hidden contents

No, that would make them stupid

Yeah, that was a concern I had, but it's still a 2 cooldown and they could just make it a 3 cooldown instead.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I actually think that part is sufficiently balanced for the time being.

Eh, okay.

Unrelated: Serene's Forest is a bit weird on mobile when it comes to quotes and spoilers.

Edited by Kaden

What are good counters to the green mage meta atm? I am having a hard time finding a solid anchor for my team to soak up and counter green mages. atm im using my y tiki as my green mage counter with lightning breath and quick riposte but she is more of a niche hero that counters only green mages and thats it. are there any heroes that can afford to tank green mages as well as cover other sectrums of the weapon triangle?