Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Navarre's banner was Effie, and Kagero while Robin's was Tiki!A..

I remember Navvare's focus, but Female Robin's is kind of pitiful. 

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I'm glad that at least Robin (F) is coming back since I only ever cleared her map on Hard without realizing I could've gotten a second copy of her, albeit a 2*, for clearing Normal. Now I just need Narcian to come back as I am now more than capable of beating his map on Hard unlike when it first ran. It will be interesting to see if they add a Lunatic difficulty for Robin (F) and a Normal difficulty for Navarre as well.

Narcian is what I'm most excited for. I'm gonna get that Lance breaker fodder since I wasn't able to do it on Lunatic before hee hee hee

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I remember Navvare's focus, but Female Robin's is kind of pitiful. 

The best I can say about the Robin focus is that Hawkeye would be a Death Blow 3 sacrifice and Tiki!A is a Lightning Breath+ or Bonfire sacrifice as well as pretty good unit on her own.

Also, just gonna remind everyone Narcian never had an associated focus, that started with F!Robin.

I'll probably try her map again.  I remember the whole "you have to go through this chokepoint where we will have multiple mages attack you" being very annoying.

Rerunning grand hero battles? Where's the source? I can't seem to find it on the twitter account.

19 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Also, just gonna remind everyone Narcian never had an associated focus, that started with F!Robin.

I'll probably try her map again.  I remember the whole "you have to go through this chokepoint where we will have multiple mages attack you" being very annoying.

I was looking at the map and it will be hard to put in a unit where they're not attacked by several units on the enemy phase. 

Though looking at the map, I think I could beat it using Sanaki, Azura, Linde and a Reposition unit, if the mages have the same stats as the ones in Zephiel's map.

Edited by LuxSpes

20 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I was looking at the map and it will be hard to put in a unit where they're not attacked by several units on the enemy phase. 

Though looking at the map, I think I could beat it using Sanaki, Azura, Linde and a Reposition unit, if the mages have the same stats as the ones in Zephiel's map.

http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Robin:_Mystery_Tactician

These may be the stats if the map still only has Normal/Hard versions.

Edited by Zero1000
Thought he talked about Narcian

oh man i'm stoked about this. when Ursula's GHB was going on was when i first joined, and i couldn't get my units to high enough level to even attempt the hard version. i've missed a lot so i'm happy they're re-releasing. same tho why Navarre?

16 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

same tho why Navarre?

Maybe they want a re-run of making that map actually hard?

Unless there's a Lunatic F!Robin, it's gonna be the Julia show all over again when I rerun that map.

As for Navarre, unless they redo the enemies I'm gonna have an easy clear since I remember how I did it last time.

Although, they're gonna have challenges with these maps, yeah? Maybe they'll have ones that prevent my previous strategies from working?
Please don't be 4 Armors vs F!Robin

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Oh wow thanks. That's pretty cool I guess.
I'm a bit angry that I had to throw away Henry for Ignis when I could've thrown away female Robin. Oh well... more feathers for me!

It'd be interesting to try to remember how I did Robin's map. But I'm more curious about how the quests will work. Are they quests related to their maps (i.e. beat Navarre's map with blue tome, etc.) or related to using the grand heroes yourselves (just like the Pegasus sisters' quests)?

ooh, i didn't think of the possibility of remaking the maps, i thought it was just gonna be the same old same old. that'd make more sense then, for Navarre. though i feel like i'm the only one that had a bit of a struggle with his map to begin aha.  

15 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Please don't be 4 Armors vs F!Robin

CURSED WORDS

i do want some challenge quests though!

I keep hoping that they will make it so we can beat the map again for a third/fourth Navarre/F!Robin, but I feel like I'm being too wishful -.- 

Definitely looking forward to the challenge quests :D I hope they rerun Narcian at some point, though, since he was first and I couldn't get him on my secondary account, or his harder version on my primary. 

Today I took my first good look at the bird shaped magic used when a unit attacks with Raudrraven(+). Also, I'm assuming that the animation is exactly the same for Gronnraven(+) and Blarraven(+) with the only difference being the color. So here's the thing.

Why are they called -raven Tomes when the pointy bits on the birds' heads make it clear that those are supposed to be owls?

8 minutes ago, RedEyedDrake said:

Why are they called -raven Tomes when the pointy bits on the birds' heads make it clear that those are supposed to be owls?

Good question......

44 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I keep hoping that they will make it so we can beat the map again for a third/fourth Navarre/F!Robin, but I feel like I'm being too wishful -.- 

I still haven't found a use for them so whether or not we get them, I'm not really going to use them. Navarre is at the very least somehwhat salvageable (And can even somehow be used at vanilla) but Female Robin? She's less than meh. Narcian is what I'm looking forward too the most. That Lance Breaker fodder shall be put to good use!

36 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I still haven't found a use for them so whether or not we get them, I'm not really going to use them. Navarre is at the very least somehwhat salvageable (And can even somehow be used at vanilla) but Female Robin? She's less than meh. Narcian is what I'm looking forward too the most. That Lance Breaker fodder shall be put to good use!

Female Robin is pretty good as either a Horse Emblem counter with Gronnwolf (counters the fuck out of Reinhardt and other Blues, probably counters the Greens, and probably does decently against Reds that aren't Stahl too), and could also run as a M!Robin-alike that targets Blues instead of Reds (which is good if you need a Blue/Grey counter). She could even be a defensively-tanky Gronnblade user (I wouldn't recommend this unless you had Close Counter that you could give her, but if you do, she could run Gronnblade/Close Counter/Vantage/Threaten RES/Bonfire... I dunno how well that would work, but you could try it).

How do you salvage Navarre tho?

But yeah, another Lancebreaker 3 will be great to have, so I can give that to Reinhardt and make him slightly more amazing than he already is. Although really Lancebreaker 2 would work just as well, maybe even Lancebreaker 1 to be honest

Edited by ILikeKirbys

10 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Female Robin is pretty good as either a Horse Emblem counter with Gronnwolf (counters the fuck out of Reinhardt and other Blues, probably counters the Greens, and probably does decently against Reds that aren't Stahl too), and could also run as a M!Robin-alike that targets Blues instead of Reds (which is good if you need a Blue/Grey counter). She could even be a defensively-tanky Gronnblade user (I wouldn't recommend this unless you had Close Counter that you could give her, but if you do, she could run Gronnblade/Close Counter/Vantage/Threaten RES/Bonfire... I dunno how well that would work, but you could try it).

But yeah, another Lancebreaker 3 will be great to have, so I can give that to Reinhardt and make him slightly more amazing than he already is. Although really Lancebreaker 2 would work just as well, maybe even Lancebreaker 1 to be honest

Navarre functions as a discount Karel. Give him Luna and Death Blow/Life and Death and he'll make a serviceable sword user. Not fantastic, but still pretty decent if you don't have a top-tier sword user at hand. 

11 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

"Female Robin is a good counter to Horse Emblem"

Bro

You say that like Horse emblem is running amok in the arena

Also, if anyone sacrifices a Nino to make Female Robin somewhat viable, I'm bungee jumping off a cliff. Female Robin doesn't have the speed, nor the attack power for a blade set. She'll basically become a Green Odin

15 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Life and Death.

Period. LOL

59 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Good question......

To be fair, I said it more with Michalis and his lovely, lovely shield in mind... On the assumption if two are coming, then more will hopefully follow xD

27 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Bro

Also, if anyone sacrifices a Nino to make Female Robin somewhat viable, I'm bungee jumping off a cliff. Female Robin doesn't have the speed, nor the attack power for a blade set. She'll basically become a Green Odin

Robin (F) has the exact same stat spread as Robin (M) meaning she can run literally every one of Robin (M)'s builds that doesn't depend on a non-neutral nature to do its job (which is basically all of them).

The staple build would be this:

Robin (F) [=]
Gronnraven+
Bonfire
Triangle Adept 3/Close Counter
Lancebreaker 3/B Tomebreaker 3/Axebreaker 3/G Tomebreaker 3/Bowbreaker 3/Quick Riposte 3

I also don't think Gronnblade+ is a bad build for her. She's got 4 Atk over +Atk Odin. That means with boosts from Defiant Atk 3 and Hone Spd 3, Odin only has 4 Atk over Robin with Sieglinde/Siegmund and Hone Spd 3, but Robin isn't restricted to being at half HP to get there.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

F!Robin as M!Robin is pretty good... Also, the fact she comes with B Tomebreaker really helps her ignore her average speed again blue mages unlike M!Robin of whom mine got screwed with -Atk making it even more annoying when he leaves enemies with 1 HP. Plus, whenever Ursula shows up again, you can just hard counter her like always with F!Robin. :p

I do wish that she had different stats since M!Robin proves with default tome and stats that a tank-y mage is pretty much the best user of a -raven tome to counter archers and thieves. They're the "same person", but still. Maybe we'll get Morgan one day and they'll be a red version of them... I swear if that happens. We'd have 3 of the same freaking characters doing the same thing.

"What's the best build for Morgan?"

"Swap out Rauorblade+ for Rauorraven+."

"B-but, Hen-"

"JUST. DO. IT."

And then a team of Morgan, F!Robin, and M!Robin terrorizes everyone until they meet high resistance units. Cue the other Morgan coming in as an archer with Close Counter and Quick Riposte by default. And so the family reigns again.

M!Robin has the edge of being able to boast modifiers, like boosts to Speed or Defense which really empower the guy, as well as Merges which now matter more. 

Also in terms of strong team compsition, seldom will you see a 1-MOV red, but you may often see 1-Mov greens or blues floating about (Hec/Eff). F!Robin has a neat counter presence that I've been considering running, but it requires strong anti-Sword partnership, which is essentially mandatory for the almost guaranteed presence of a swordie (either Ryoma, or a Falchion user, notably Lucina, or Marth as a budget Lucina). The 1 mov Green/Blues that suck up a team slot let M!Robin traverse with more weight. Swordies can usually meander around and tank a TA!GR+ hit from F!Robin, since Zephiel and Draug are still uncommom presences. AI may be solid but without strong antiswords, F!Robin faces significant threat 

Just now, Arcanite said:

Bro

She comes with all the tools to do this tho. She has Gronnwolf to murder horses with wolfheads, decent DEF to tank against cavalry she doesn't kill via Gronnwolf, and then she can kill them in the second turn. She only loses to Leo when she attacks, and she can just wait for him to attack her instead and then kill him on her turn.

Yeah, she has trouble with Reds, but she can ORKO any Blue and Frederick without buffs (though she does want an ATK buff to handle +RES Frederick/Peri/Bunny Xander, as well as =RES Elise, Gunter, Jagen and Leo, and -RES Cecilia and Clarine), and she can usually survive against attacks by cavaliers (Cain can kill with +ATK, Eliwood can kill with Hone Cavalry buffs, Eldigan and Stahl kill with Hone Cavalry buffs and the ATK +1 Sacred Seal, Leo needs +ATK and Hone Cavalry buffs to kill, Reinhardt needs =/+ATK, Death Blow 3 and Hone Cavalry buffs to kill, and Olwen needs +ATK, Death Blow 3, Hone Cavalry buffs and the ATK +1 Sacred Seal to kill... so she mostly loses to buffed Reds, and the Dire Thunder siblings can kill too if their ATK is boosted way, way up), so she'll get two shots to kill a cavalier, which she should be able to do with Gronnwolf.

She needs someone to deal with non-cavalier swordies, like Elieson said, but F!Robin is a good counter to cavaliers, which will be good to have in the future when Xander and Camus drop.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

It will be, once Xander and Camus come out.

And you'll wish you had F!Robin then

@Kaden Wouldn't we get two Morgans, like we got two Robins and two Corrins?