Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

"Female Robin is a good counter to Horse Emblem"

Bro

You say that like Horse emblem is running amok in the arena

Also, if anyone sacrifices a Nino to make Female Robin somewhat viable, I'm bungee jumping off a cliff. Female Robin doesn't have the speed, nor the attack power for a blade set. She'll basically become a Green Odin

Life and Death.

Period. LOL

I find builds that don't use a character's native weapon in general to be too resource intensive, unless you're a bigger whale than I am.  20K Feathers just to give a unit a weapon is a lot of resources to commit to one character.

It's sort of like when I prescribe medications, if one costs $10 and one costs $1000, but is only marginally better, it's a tough sell.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I find builds that don't use a character's native weapon in general to be too resource intensive, unless you're a bigger whale than I am.  20K Feathers just to give a unit a weapon is a lot of resources to commit to one character.

It's sort of like when I prescribe medications, if one costs $10 and one costs $1000, but is only marginally better, it's a tough sell.

Well, it's not like you really need the 5-Star-exclusive weapon on mages. It generally only provides 4 extra points of ATK, so you could use the 3-Star version well enough usually.

Unless there's a legendary weapon involved, in which case you should do your best to make that work because the drop to a 3-Star weapon is much more significant.

21 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Well, it's not like you really need the 5-Star-exclusive weapon on mages. It generally only provides 4 extra points of ATK, so you could use the 3-Star version well enough usually.

Unless there's a legendary weapon involved, in which case you should do your best to make that work because the drop to a 3-Star weapon is much more significant.

I don't think you can transfer the legendary weapons, though.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I don't think you can transfer the legendary weapons, though.

You can't.

I was saying that if the character whose weapon you're considering replacing has a legendary weapon, then you shouldn't replace the weapon, since the replacement will be considerably less powerful than the weapon it's replacing.

Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough.

2 minutes ago, GrimmLow said:

Seems like another update is coming tomorrow. Could someone ping/@ mention me once datamines come in if it's too much to ask?

Wait, is there another update coming? I thought we already received the update for April.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

1 minute ago, ILikeKirbys said:

You can't.

I was saying that if the character whose weapon you're considering replacing has a legendary weapon, then you shouldn't replace the weapon, since the replacement will be considerably less powerful than the weapon it's replacing.

Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough.

Wait, is there another update coming? I thought we already received the update for April.

There's an update for the rerelease of the ghbs tomorrow. Most likely datamines are not too far behind.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Robin (F) has the exact same stat spread as Robin (M) meaning she can run literally every one of Robin (M)'s builds that doesn't depend on a non-neutral nature to do its job (which is basically all of them).

The staple build would be this:

Robin (F) [=]
Gronnraven+
Bonfire
Triangle Adept 3/Close Counter
Lancebreaker 3/B Tomebreaker 3/Axebreaker 3/G Tomebreaker 3/Bowbreaker 3/Quick Riposte 3

I also don't think Gronnblade+ is a bad build for her. She's got 4 Atk over +Atk Odin. That means with boosts from Defiant Atk 3 and Hone Spd 3, Odin only has 4 Atk over Robin with Sieglinde/Siegmund and Hone Spd 3, but Robin isn't restricted to being at half HP to get there.

Yup....

I'm going to Sacrifice, a Roy/Takumi, a 5 star Cecilia, and an Adult Tiki/Male Robin himself to make a set like this (Roy is kind of meh, so that's relatively cheap and affordable somewhat)

Meanwhile, all Male robin needs is an Abel or a Sully to put in work.

Look, nobody needs to convince me that Female Robin is "Good" or "serviceable" or whatever the heck you want to call it

I say, Give Nino Gronnwolf and Blue Tome breaker and call it a day  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

F!Robin as M!Robin is pretty good

read above

45 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

She comes with all the tools to do this tho.

When I said "Female Robin is a good counter to Horse Emblem" I didn't mean that she wasn't. I was just saying that being a good counter to horse emblem isn't exactly making me go "OMG! I need Female Robin in my life!" Its more like "Well I'm just gonna sit here and wait until horse emblem becomes an actual thing, then I can whip out my Female Robin". 

I know that she is good at her craft, but she isn't really that great otherwise Unless you use Ice Dragon's expensive A build

45 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

And you'll wish you had F!Robin then

You'll find it funny that my Female Robin is only 4 star level 36 after all this time

14 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Is the Catria that we get from the quest worth promoting to 5*? She's neutral IVs from what I heard. Also, what are good skills for her? Is Quick Riposte good?

To me, if you're gonna promote Catria you'd be better off using Sharena instead since (to me) she's just a better lance user in general. Or just use her for Luna fodder

Quick Riposte is really good on her though. Along with Fury to make all of her stats essentially become a boon.

Just now, ILikeKirbys said:

@GrimmLow Are you sure? Wouldn't the data for the Grand Hero Reruns already be in the game? Why would there need to be an update?

I would like to know that as well. Maybe they recycle data in each GHB update. They hide the old GHB data then reuse it for the next one. They recycle it if needed. That's my take.

Just now, Arcanite said:

To me, if you're gonna promote Catria you'd be better off using Sharena instead since (to me) she's just a better lance user in general. Or just use her for Luna fodder

Quick Riposte is really good on her though. Along with Fury to make all of her stats essentially become a boon.

I don't have a 5* Bartre for Fury 3 :( Mine is only 4*

I have 5* Sharena now with Luna :D She's really good. I also gave her stupid Wings of Mercy to help out but it's only the first level

I jsut want to switch up my teams from time to time and maybe make Catria part of my eventual Flier Emblem team

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I have 5* Sharena now with Luna :D She's really good. I also gave her stupid Wings of Mercy to help out but it's only the first level

I jsut want to switch up my teams from time to time and maybe make Catria part of my eventual Flier Emblem team

OH yeah I remember you were trying to do that unless it was someone else

Well if not fury you can always just keep Amored Blow. Or use Death Blow. Or use Life and Death. Or even just some good ol' +3Spd

How much total buffs do you have for Flier emblem btw?

6 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

You can't.

Alfonse would like a word with you.

Brave Sword has half the Mt of Fòlkvangr but is considered much better for general use--especially if you're wanting to run a more offensive variant--than it, considering it has perfect synergy with Death Blow.

Although, dumping 20k feathers just to have a unit inherit a weapon is a bit much, like @Rezzy is saying, especially if you're not in a position to whale.

Robin (F) has a fine niche as a cavalry check already, and in the abscence of merges and stat variations, trying to optimize her with stuff like -Blade+ or even -Raven+ isn't very worthwhile in the long run, unless you personally like using her.

Spoiler

Want to make Draug viable? Just slap a Wo Dao+, Moonbow, Distant Counter, and Quick Riposte! /s

Spoiler

Take that with a grain of salt, that's a bit of an extreme example.

Just now, Arcanite said:

OH yeah I remember you were trying to do that unless it was someone else

Well if not fury you can always just keep Amored Blow. Or use Death Blow. Or use Life and Death. Or even just some good ol' +3Spd

How much total buffs do you have for Flier emblem btw?

Yeah it was me. I might see if I can get Death Blow. I don't have a high rarity Hana or whoever for L&D yet. Oh well!

I have Caeda with Fortify and Palla for Goad. I may end up sacrificing one of my Pallas to someone else though like Cherche maybe? Or one of the Camillas... I have no Hinoka yet!

2 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

The choices were one blue orb and FOUR colorless ones

I had two sessions exactly like that after buying 35 orbs in the search for an Alm that I backed out of after the required one summon. Thankfully I did get one (who's -Atk...), but I was a little upset about those wasted 10 orbs. Though I did get out of those 10 orbs another Barst fodder for Brave Axe and another Shanna fodder for Desperation, so it all worked out for the most part.

10 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

9 minutes ago, GrimmLow said:

There's an update for the rerelease of the ghbs tomorrow. Most likely datamines are not too far behind.

The defense mission type and enemy reinforcements mechanic is currently scheduled for the second April update, which is likely to be later this week (at the end of the current banner).

There might be a minor update at the start of the Grand Hero Battle like there was for Zephiel's, but it's doubtful it'll contain much content.

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Yup....

I'm going to Sacrifice, a Roy/Takumi, a 5 star Cecilia, and an Adult Tiki/Male Robin himself to make a set like this (Roy is kind of meh, so that's relatively cheap and affordable somewhat)

Meanwhile, all Male robin needs is an Abel or a Sully to put in work.

Whether or not a character is good doesn't depend on the resources of an individual player. Your resources only determine whether or not it is worth the effort to make that character good.

I think that's the distinction everyone arguing against you is trying to make.

19 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Do you not have a Hinata? 4* Hinata gives Fury 3 while Bartre and Jagen give it at 5*. From 0 to 2,000 feathers for Fury 3 vs. 20,000 to 22,000 feathers, I'd say Hinata is a better choice. Also, Eldigan, but you better have dozens of him before you do that.

Bartre is better off passing Brash Assault to Alfonse, Lyn, or someone else, Smite because only he and Effie have it and Effie's a 4* to 5*-only unit, and I guess if you want, a Hammer, which Cherche and Frederick can give as well, but they have other stuff they can give. Jagen is better off giving Aegis probably to a knight without Distant Counter because as everyone should be aware now with how you can troll the knights in Zephiel's with ranged units, especially magic ones since only Sheena has good resistance -- Golbez-like mage, when? --, Fortify Cavalry for a cavalry team, and Silver Lance because the only other Silver Lance users are Clair and Effie and nobody knows who's going to be made into a 4* unit out of the Echoes units.

Edited by Kaden

Just now, Kaden said:

Do you not have a Hinata? 4* Hinata gives Fury 3 while Bartre and Jagen give it at 5*. From 0 to 2,000 feathers for Fury 3 vs. 20,000 to 22,000 feathers, I'd say Hinata is a better choice. Also, Eldigan, but you better have a dozens of him before you do that.

Bartre is better off passing Brash Assault to Alfonse, Lyn, or someone else, Smite because only he and Effie have it and Effie's a 4* to 5*-only unit, and I guess if you want, a Hammer, which Cherche and Frederick can give as well, but they have other stuff they can give. Jagen is better off giving Aegis probably to a knight without Distant Counter because as everyone should be aware now with how you can troll the knights in Zephiel's with ranged units, especially magic ones since only Sheena has good resistance -- Golbez-like mage, when? --, Fortify Cavalry for a cavalry team, and Silver Lance because the only other Silver Lance users are Clair and Effie and nobody knows who's going to be made into a 4* unit out of the Echoes units.

A long time ago I had Hinata but I sent him home for feathers before skill inheritance was a thing. I'll be sure to keep him next time I get him. What are the differences between Brash Assault and Desperation? I also have a few Shannas to spare

6 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

What are the differences between Brash Assault and Desperation?

With Desperation, if you're under the HP threshold and fast enough to double normally, your double comes before the enemy's counter.

With Brash Assault, if you're under the HP threshold and attack an enemy that can counter (e. g., melee against melee), you're guaranteed a double regardless of your speed.

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Whether or not a character is good doesn't depend on the resources of an individual player. Your resources only determine whether or not it is worth the effort to make that character good.

I think that's the distinction everyone arguing against you is trying to make.

I still wouldn't do it if I had the resources though

But that doesn't quite make sense, to me.........

Why would I make a 5 star Female Robin and give her Gronnraven when 

1. Male Robin has a raven tome already

2. Male Robin also offers sword protection, which also means you can give him a tome breaker as well

If I had all those resources, I could think of 3 different ways to use each one of those units necessary on someone more worth my time (except for maybe Cecilia)

But hey, you're right. Not gonna sit here and reason with an Editor anyway ;)

21 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

...It finally happened. I made a double post. I am ashamed. Please delete this when you can, mods.

You gonna cry bro?

Need a tissue?

6 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

A long time ago I had Hinata but I sent him home for feathers before skill inheritance was a thing. I'll be sure to keep him next time I get him. What are the differences between Brash Assault and Desperation? I also have a few Shannas to spare

Brash Assault 3:

Unit automatically makes a follow-up attack on a unit that can counter when at 50% health or lower

Desperation 3:

All follow-up attacks occur immediately when at 75% health or lower

Just now, Vaximillian said:

With Desperation, if you're under the HP threshold and fast enough to double normally, your double comes before the enemy's counter.

With Brash Assault, if you're under the HP threshold and attack an enemy that can counter (e. g., melee against melee), you're guaranteed a double regardless of your speed.

Who would you recommend giving them to? Thanks for the explanation. I saw the in-game text  but just needed more clarification :)

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

Who would you recommend giving them to? Thanks for the explanation. I saw the in-game text  but just needed more clarification :)

Brash Assault works well on Lyn, because she has Desperation 2 built into her sword. She's the only one who can pull off this combo.

Many fast folks would like Desperation; the most widespread of those, in my opinion, is Nino. (but don't quote me on that)

Just now, Arcanite said:

I still wouldn't do it if I had the resources though

But that doesn't quite make sense, to me.........

Why would I make a 5 star Female Robin and give her Gronnraven when 

1. Male Robin has a raven tome already

2. Male Robin also offers sword protection, which also means you can give him a tome breaker as well

If I had all those resources, I could think of 3 different ways to use each one of those units necessary on someone more worth my time (except for maybe Cecilia)

You gonna cry bro?

Need a tissue?

Talking about whether or not one should use resources on a certain unit lies outside the scope of their argument though; they're simply debating what resources are best to use on a unit assuming you're looking to optimize them.

You're free to use your resources how you wish, but a unit shouldn't be penalized because you don't think they would use them better than other units. Efficiency is a whole 'nother subject matter.

You can't really compare the Robins to begin with in my opinion mainly because they have different colors and thus handle different threats, even if they have the same spread at neutral. Minor nitpick though.

Spoiler

That's a mean thing to say you big meanie

Spoiler

Jk

Do we have confirmation that the "Robyn" and Navarre GHBs will refresh the completion rewards or not?

Given that theoretically the GHB units are the only units outside of the Spring Quad we cannot have an infinite army of, opening up the rewards for GHBs again would give people the ability to have a full team of Robyns and Navarres for the purpose of speed HM grinding.

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

Desperation is good on fast and frail units because it allows them to attack and hopefully beat the opponent before they get the chance to attack. 

Brash Assault is better on slow, bulky attackers with big attack stat. They need the bulk because this isn't a brave effect and as such, the opponent will get the chance to counter before your unit deals their second attack, which means your unit could die without doubling if they're not tanky enough. Lyn also really likes Brash Assault because she has Desperation 2 built-in Sol Katti, which means that at half health, she's guaranteed to attack the enemy twice before they get a chance to attack. 

I do think Brash Assault is not as good as Desperation. In a lot of cases, I think bulky attacker would prefer Quick Riposte to Brash Assault.