Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Beat both Navarre and Robin maps on both difficulties with my main team (Alm, Klein, M!Robin and Cherche) for the first time, since I had no high level units when those two were run the first time. Was a struggle until I got the positioning down perfectly, and Draw Back on my M!Robin clinched the victory. I had to break out the Olivia on the harder Robin map, just to have an extra turn to finish off that last lance before it killed off Alm. Thank God for built-in Renewal in the Falchion, so Alm could tank those mages.

Whew. I think that was 5 or so stamina potions used? Still have plenty left, at least.

So had a ton of orbs saved up. Did a bunch of pulls and got a 4* Effie, 4* Cain, 4* Abel, 4* Peri (ew, Peri, but I heard she's at least a good unit), a 4* Fae, a 4* Camilla (ew, Camilla, but she's a good unit), 4* Seliph and a bunch of skill fodder like 4* Eliwood, 4* Oboro, 4* Raigh, and some 3* Pallas, Sophias, another Gwendolyn, and all that.

Edited by Extrasolar

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

So had a ton of orbs saved up. Did a bunch of pulls and got a 4* Effie, 4* Cain, 4* Abel, 4* Peri (ew, Peri, but I heard she's at least a good unit), a 4* Fae, a 4* Camilla (ew, Camilla, but she's a good unit), 4* Seliph and a bunch of skill fodder like 4* Eliwood, 4* Oboro, 4* Raigh, and some 3* Pallas, Sophias, another Gwendolyn, and all that.

Camilla is also a very good skill fodder for Savage Blow. It's not terribly useful on all units, but my Galeforce Cordelia destroy teams with it. (Galeforce means she can move 2 or 3 times a turn with dancer support, so even the people she couldn't normally one round become 1RKOd due to the 7 or 14 damage they took beforehand from Savage Blow, which has a very nice AoE)

Edit: It's basically AoE Moonbow, except for Galeforce users.

Edited by DehNutCase

4 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

To be perfectly frank, Selena isn't suited to the current arena meta, so even a perfect one wouldn't do much. (She basically never gets doubled, and tanks like a champ, but a lot of characters can do that and kill things.) High defense units like Selena really want to have a BST advantage in order to juggernaught---leveling Selena in low level Strata is a breeze, for example, because she doubles things to death while taking 0 damage---but you don't get BST advantages in arena.

If reinforcement maps end up giving a lot of enemies with lower BST, however, defense focused units like Selena or Odin might become more viable---same for defensive skills like Noontime and Sol. But that's in the future, and not guaranteed in any case.

However, assuming you like using Selena:

-Def/+Spd is perfectly usable since she has so much def that it doesn't even matter it's her bane. (29 Defense with -Def, making it 29/28 bulk, still takes 0 damage from greens, +Spd means even L&D users have trouble doubling her, damage is unfortunate, but she's still quite good as a defensive pivot.)

Also, for fodder, 3* Selena should work better---she gives Threaten Spd at 4*, yeah, but threaten skills aren't that great compared to buffs, and she gives reposition at 3 already.

Oh cool, I'm saving up feathers for 5 star promotions so if that 4 star Selena is useable that works too. At least the Speed would mean she gets doubled less despite the defense loss. 

Is Triangle Adept 1 usually enough for both gender Robins against thieves then? That was the only thing I was thinking of foddering the 4 star Selena for at the moment.

@Quintessence That Lucius strategy was exactly the one I used for F!Robin map with F!Robin/Navarre. Together with Olivia and Nino, that map was pretty easy and Lucius's Pain staff chipped enough for Robin to secure the kill.

2 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

If they did this with the idea that one day, Skill Inheritance might exist...

Well, Klein comes with fantastic stats and Death Blow, so I don't think they know the meaning of the word.

Kleins skillset is not on the level of broken that Odin is. Like Odin;s skillset is so broken if you slap his skillset on a free unit you get the best unit in the game

Now why the fuck Tharja exist is another story

Omg.

Yes, this is all perfect! I think this is a great banner for Path of Radiance, and it's time for me to obsessively pull for a Soren and an Ike. I'll be pretty happy to get a Titania, because she looks pretty cool too.

But I need this Soren in my life. ._.

My poor, poor wallet. Lol.

You got Ike, folks! @Anacybele
I got Titania.

Ike: Ragnell has Distant Counter, no surprise here. His passive increases the rate of special counter ticking up.

Mist: Recover-Imbue with Slow and Spur Def+Res. Healer gonna heal, but with a tiny twist.

Soren: Watersweep is the magical counterpart to Alm's Windsweep. Got Rexcalibur, as I predicted.

Titania: her passive ticks enemy's special counter down if 80%+/(I guess) 90%+/100% HP. I'd have given her a poleaxe or something.

Edited by Vaximillian

Okay so I was about to go to bed but this has given me such a ridiculous rush of adrenaline that it looks like I'll be writing my essay for a while longer. Thanks Nintendo!

I will maybe break out my wallet for this if I can get my school stuff done by the end of the week. I want Soren and Ike so bad! ono

So ... windsweep, firesweep, and watersweep are all a thing now. Think there will be a thundersweep? Or an earthsweep?

5 minutes ago, JSND said:

Honestly i kinda love how much respect Ike got in crossover games, being considered "the strongest of all heroes" and all

Not even exclusive to the crossovers. Even in Awakening's DLC, he's referred to as the strongest.

Just now, Sentinel07 said:

Not even exclusive to the crossovers. Even in Awakening's DLC, he's referred to as the strongest.

Awakening DLC  isn't a crossover?

Because honestly thats the reason why i specifically said Crossover

Double posts. Double posts up the wazoo. I blame Ike.

EDIT: Incidentally, I don't think I've double posted yet. So not sure why some people are more apt to do so than others.

Edited by Sunwoo

Orb dumping for Ike...commencing in....mere hours...

pinging @Anacybele again because it's that big of a deal for her (among others) Also I hope she tries the strat for F!Robin that I outlined for her, step by step, since I tested it myself with a worse team and it worked.

Ike looks huge though with innate Swordbreaker and that beastly ragnell. Slow but tanky Ryoma, I predict?

Watersweep belongs on +Spd Julia asap.

Titania's Guard looks...interesting. Anti-Proc meta?

Well, well, looks like four of the notable mercenaries are here at last. :P

Also, huh, Greg Chun is Ike here. Guess the devs couldn't get Ike's original VA and decided to call up the guy that voiced Ephraim. No wonder Ike looks disgusting.

Also, if Ike's title of "Young Mercenary" is anything to go by, he's likely to get the same "young and old versions" treatment Tiki got.

Might hope for Soren or Titania in the next banner since I've got a bunch of 5 star reds right now and two greens in the form of Nino and Camilla.