Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I actually found the new chapters pretty fun on normal, as my lvl 20 Ike was just walking around killing evrything. Only thing I had to worry about was saphire lance units and the masked man. Reminded me a lot of playing RD. Reinforcements just means more exp really.

Hard and Lunatic are probably going to be a lot less fun I'm affraid.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

24 base attack on a -Atk Titania... Flashbacks of using 3* Subaki with -Atk. *shudders*

+Res does not make up for the crap that is -Atk and it's been on 4 units I've wanted for 3 straight summons: Jaffar, Rebecca, Setsuna, and Titania. She could have had 28 base attack... Now she's basically a mounted Fir, but without a special. Should definitely give her Iceberg, but I can't really spare Niles or Shanna while that spare 4* Fir's been sitting there for ages -- pretty sure that Fir has -Atk making it even worse for her.

Please be a 4* in the future, please be a 4*. She won't, Mist and Soren will be...

Edited by Kaden

10-1, 10-3, and 10-4 left on Lunatic. For 1 and 4 I need a sword… Mike will do as an axe for 3. Time to brush dust off Lyn, I suppose?

10-5 showed me Mist does have Miracle, heh. Not that it saved her.

14 minutes ago, Kaden said:

24 base attack on a -Atk Titania... Flashbacks of using 3* Subaki with -Atk. *shudders*

+Res does not make up for the crap that is -Atk and it's been on 4 units I've wanted for 3 straight summons: Jaffar, Rebecca, Setsuna, and Titania. She could have had 28 base attack... Now she's basically a mounted Fir, but without a special. Should definitely give her Iceberg, but I can't really spare Niles or Shanna while that spare 4* Fir's been sitting there for ages -- pretty sure that Fir has -Atk making it even worse for her.

Please be a 4* in the future, please be a 4*. She won't, Mist and Soren will be...

You can either sit there and complain, or use her for "Guard" fodder. Your choice bro! Even though guard is pretty useless

Even so, her emerald ax probably makes up for it by slaughtering everything blue in her sight. And now she can tank Bunny lucina and Linde hits!

Just now, Arcanite said:

You can either sit there and complain, or use her for "Guard" fodder. Your choice bro! Even though guard is pretty useless

Even so, her emerald ax probably makes up for it by slaughtering everything blue in her sight. And now she can tank Bunny lucina and Linde hits!

Titania is here to protect Ike from Reinhardt :P

4 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Titania is here to protect Ike from Reinhardt :P

I just did some calcs and Titania takes 4 damage x2 from a +Atk Reinhardt with Death Blow 3 and a boost from Hone Cavalry.

Wow, Ike's chapter caught me off guard with the defense objectives! But it didn't tell me how many enemies I had to defeat or how many turns I had to survive. This is a problem. :/

Also

Way to troll us, game, by giving Zacharias an "appearance" at last, but not actually showing him! Did Kozaki not finish his art yet or something? lol

Also, I had to give up a fuck ton of orbs and $23, but I landed a +HP, -res Ike! I'm kind of getting tired of all the -res people coming to me, but at least in Ike's case it's favorable.

3 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I just hate -Atk. It is the worst!

I still like the characters, but it's annoying as all hell when Barst, Cherche, Jaffar, Lon'qu, Ninian, Raven, Rebecca, M!Robin, Setsuna, Sophia, Subaki, and Titania all had -Atk on their first and, excluding Barst, Lon'qu, Raven, Sophia, and Subaki, only summon.

I guess I'll make Titania into an axe horse Caeda... Iceberg or Glacies... Iceberg or Glacies... Glacies is easier since I don't have to promote a Niles or Shanna who have other skills I'd want like Desperation from Shanna.

Edited by Kaden

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, Ike's chapter caught me off guard with the defense objectives! But it didn't tell me how many enemies I had to defeat or how many turns I had to survive. This is a problem. :/

Also

Reveal hidden contents

Way to troll us, game, by giving Zacharias an "appearance" at last, but not actually showing him! Did Kozaki not finish his art yet or something? lol

Also, I had to give up a fuck ton of orbs and $23, but I landed a +HP, -res Ike! I'm kind of getting tired of all the -res people coming to me, but at least in Ike's case it's favorable.

Congrats on your Ike, happy to see that buying orbs did get you what you wanted.

You need to survive for 6 turns on all the defence missions (10-1, 10-3 and 10-4 I believe). 10-5 gives you only 6 turns to kill evrything. I think it is mentioned before you start the map, but I must admit I skipped over that myself as well.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It does before you start the map:

10-4 and 10-5 as an example.

12 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I just hate -Atk. It is the worst!

I still like the characters, but it's annoying as all hell when Barst, Cherche, Jaffar, Lon'qu, Raven, Rebecca, Setsuna, Sophia, Subaki, and Titania all had -Atk on their first and, excluding Barst, Lon'qu, Raven, Sophia, and Subaki, only summon.

I guess I'll make Titania into an axe horse Caeda... Iceberg or Glacies... Iceberg or Glacies... Glacies is easier since I don't have to promote a Niles or Shanna who have other skills I'd want like Desperation from Shanna.

-Atk Kagero. She always stops just short of killing units -.- She's speedy 'cos she's +spd, but it's never enough to make up for that attack. I will give her death blow or something similar if she ever manages to get enough sp...

14 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Congrats on your Ike, happy to see that buying orbs did get you what you wanted.

You need to survive for 6 turns on all the defence missions (10-1, 10-3 and 10-4 I believe). 10-5 gives you only 6 turns to kill evrything. I think it is mentioned before you start the map, but I must admit I skipped over that myself as well.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It does before you start the map:

10-4 and 10-5 as an example.

...Oh. Well derp. Can't believe I never saw that. I guess I was going too fast. I did the chapters on normal first to get some more orbs before I went on my red summoning spree looking for dat Ike, so...

I didn't notice the difference between the descriptions to see that 10-5 was a time limit rather than a time to defend, so that messed me up the first time. Didn't help that I didn't bring any blues, either.

Spent my ~90 orbs pulling red and green, but got no 5*s at all. I did get Chrom and Sheena as new 4*s, though, so at least there's that. I'm also just a handful of feathers away from my next 20k, which will probably go to Xander when he's released.

12 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Anyone else like how Watersweep (the magical counterpart to Windsweep), is on a unit with 29 base res? Man, Soren sure needs to avoid magical counters.

Yeah. That's just bizarre. Soren's built to be skillfood material... I think even Zephiels Life & Death is more useful.
I'm sad that I got two of them and I'm having a hard time figuring out a build that's not Nino clone (And I've never even considered using a single one of his skills). Is building up Soren more trouble than it's worth? =/

31 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Anyone else like how Watersweep (the magical counterpart to Windsweep), is on a unit with 29 base res? Man, Soren sure needs to avoid magical counters.

Watersweep looks absolutely useless on him or anybody ever. That's a pity. I didn't even spend an SP on the skill.

Edited by Vaximillian

Watersweep looks pretty bad in general, honestly. I don't see either ranged or melee attackers wanting to give up their shot at doubling for that.

i don't think watersweep is amazing or anything but i like it and its somthing ild use against annoying quick riposite, vantage users and units with charged specials as well as safely killing units i need 2 units to defeat anyway

I appreciate the attempt at diversity in objectives... but since Heroes having players who have characters that can break the game in half being forced to do zero damage with a seal to fake a Defense mechanism seems... like it's not working.

Though it figures that it feels like Part 3 Chapter 13 in Radiant Dawn when this happens. Especially when you funneled EXP unto a Kensei Eddy that can solo Ike before.

As for Senerio/Soren, I think they'd be better with Windsweep. Or Firesweep if that eventually becomes a skill outside of Effie's bow.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Tbh I find the "immune to everything" seal dumb.

There are defense missions in most other FEs that don't have that and I really don't see why it's necessary now.  Let me have Klein shish kebab Ike, please.  He's a thorn in your side in 10-4 and I'd like to delete button him.

I just pulled a +Spd/-Res Titania. 37 speed is enormous for a pony. 25D/26R isn't bad, considering she's designed to hardcounter blues and blue mages need at least 44 atk to even scratch her (+Atk unbuffed Reinhardt deals 4*2 damage to Titania for instance, and yes that's accounting for deathblow). I'm not sure how her presence will impact the meta but her sick speed and relatively average defenses.

Geez, her statspread is practically Sully/Subaki (basically slightly better everywhere v Sully sans HP).

Tempted to start up a pony team just for kicks with this, but I lack a Reinhardt to roll with. 

My Little Ponies

Spoiler

b0a0ca9588.png

I'm heavily considering dumping either Fortify or Hone Cavalry onto Titania, since she doesn't really beg for a speed buff and her durability against blues is fine as it is. Coupling with her though, I'm not quite sure. I lack a desirable Reinhardt, and I have given Blarblade to 4* Ursula (so I'm tempted to promote that to 5* and squeeze out a Blade team with her), but Neutral Cecilia to pair with her doesn't seem super convenient and no 4* reds mean I have some work to do on my mehdiocre Eliwoods. Would a pony team (using what I have) of Titania/Abel/Ursula/Cecilia be successful in your eyes?

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

So who have you found to be a good Ike counter since he is likely to be all over the place. I think M!Robin does fairly well due to high def, magic damage, and WTA.

Literally any blue mage.

Reinhardt's going to have a goddamn field day next season with all the Ikes running around the place.