Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

So who have you found to be a good Ike counter since he is likely to be all over the place. I think M!Robin does fairly well due to high def, magic damage, and WTA.

Literally any blue mage.

Reinhardt's going to have a goddamn field day next season with all the Ikes running around the place. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

So does anyone think they laid it on a little thick with the Ike praise? I mean, they outright called him the strongest hero of them all which is quite the claim.

His claim for the title is actually fairly solid, since majority of Lords(who is really the one who will get this title for obvious reason to remove Camus and Anri from the equation) isn't defined mainly by strength. Ike is the only 2 who basically had a mercenary background, he had a canon duel against another really strong swordman, and he had a blood lineage to back it up

Holy Blood characters are super strong even without Holy Weapon, but their power is never what is used to talk about them, while from what i saw of Ike's stuff on PoR, his power is praised everywhere. Ephraim had an extra where he is smart, so he's not easy to defined from power either. So that leaves you with Alm to compare with Ike

20 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

So does anyone think they laid it on a little thick with the Ike praise? I mean, they outright called him the strongest hero of them all which is quite the claim.

I mean it's not like this is the first time Nintendo has done this. 

I remember he was praised as the strongest hero back in Awakening DLCs and stuff too. 

8 minutes ago, JSND said:

His claim for the title is actually fairly solid, since majority of Lords(who is really the one who will get this title for obvious reason to remove Camus and Anri from the equation) isn't defined mainly by strength. Ike is the only 2 who basically had a mercenary background, he had a canon duel against another really strong swordman, and he had a blood lineage to back it up

Holy Blood characters are super strong even without Holy Weapon, but their power is never what is used to talk about them, while from what i saw of Ike's stuff on PoR, his power is praised everywhere. Ephraim had an extra where he is smart, so he's not easy to defined from power either. So that leaves you with Alm to compare with Ike

I guess it all boils down to how you define strength, but I think Chrom could give him a run for his money when it comes to raw physical strength since he did bash in a castle wall by accident before the game even started.

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

I mean it's not like this is the first time Nintendo has done this. 

I remember he was praised as the strongest hero back in Awakening DLCs and stuff too. 

But he did lose that fight.

I guess I read it as the best overall, not the one who hit the hardest.

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I guess it all boils down to how you define strength, but I think Chrom could give him a run for his money when it comes to raw physical strength since he did bash in a castle wall by accident before the game even started.

Ok thats 3 mercenary lord then

Yeah Chrom is super strong, but when they did it on Awakening, Chrom was the Lord, so its easier to paint the "outsider" as this super strong shit instead of saying "Ike is DA STRONKEST..... but CHROM IS STRONKEST THERE IS" is just easier to swallow. And i guess his power in story isn't slapped everywhere

They lose to Eliwood at his prime anyway

Edited by JSND

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Yeah Chrom is super strong, but when they did it on Awakening, Chrom was the Lord, so its easier to paint the "outsider" as this super strong shit instead of saying "Ike is DA STRONKEST..... but CHROM IS STRONKEST THERE IS" is just easier to swallow. And i guess his power in story isn't slapped everywhere

15 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Have you seen RD Ike? With muscles like his, I'm willing to bet he could bash in more than just that with one blow.

15 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Have you seen RD Ike? With muscles like his, I'm willing to bet he could bash in more than just that with one blow.

45 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Literally any blue mage.

Reinhardt's going to have a goddamn field day next season with all the Ikes running around the place. 

Desperation Linde works just as well, yeah? (I don't have the lightning pony)

The question is does Ike do enough damage to get her in Desperation 2 range or does he one shot her if she doesn't have Desperation active.

5 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

The question is does Ike do enough damage to get her in Desperation 2 range or does he one shot her if she doesn't have Desperation active.

Assuming Linde has neutral HP and def and no other passives (such as Life and Death or Fury), she has 35 HP and 14 Def, which means a sword unit would need at least 61 attack to OHKO her. 

+Atk Ike has 54 attack, so Linde should be able to survive one hit. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

6 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Base Ike doesn't one-shot base Linde. She takes 27 damage and lives with 8 HP (51x0.8 --> ~41 - 14 = 27, 35 - 27 = 8)

Worst-case scenario, 54 x 0.8 --> ~43 - 11 = 32, so she would live with 3 HP.

@shadowofchaos So I just did some more calculations.

Neutral Ike has 42 HP and 18 Res, which means a blue mage would need at least 50 atk to OHKO him. 

So +Atk Linde (or even neutral Linde with the Atk +1 seal) would be able to outright one-shot Ike without needing the second hit. 

35 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Have you seen him break castle walls? :P

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

No one seems to recall Radiant Dawn unleashed.

Where Mist, with her uncapped Luck stat and miracle proc singlehandedly defeated most of the entire FE10 cast.

Next, you're gonna reference she-who-shall-not-be-named and her fe10 hack videos.

There's some things in this world best left buried!

58 minutes ago, JSND said:

Something I've since thought of is that everything pre-Awakening seems to get legendary status in the lore so while Chrom may be just as capable if not more so, he just isn't considered a legend yet.

44 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But the thing is, Chrom was training and he was younger and weaker than he was during most if not all of Awakening. He bashed a hole big enough for a person to get through in a castle's defensive wall when he was up and coming. Guess that does explain how they got into Fort Stieger...

Though, whoever is stronger, it's probably for the best that they both use indestructible weapons.

I finally got Ike after Focus pulling red orbs like crazy, but one thing that amazes me is that even after spending 100 orbs solely on reds, I still haven't seen a hint of Lilina or male Corrin. They're the only potential 4* reds that I'm missing.

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Gameplay-wise, he's one of the strongest lords in his own games, and he defeated a god. He's also the second-most iconic character in the series after Marth, and of the two, I'd certainly call Ike stronger. So while it's quite a title, I don't see anyone else with a better claim to it.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Gameplay-wise, he's one of the strongest lords in his own games, and he defeated a god. He's also the second-most iconic character in the series after Marth, and of the two, I'd certainly call Ike stronger. So while it's quite a title, I don't see anyone else with a better claim to it.

You must have missed the Chrom argument.

40 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

You must have missed the Chrom argument.

Chrom putting a god down for about as long as an afternoon nap isn't quite the same as slaying one.

Spoiler

Unless Robin is involved, of course.

But true, the guy has a hard time keeping his strength in check, smashing training dummies all the time.

2 hours ago, CorruptedChrome said:

I've gone through a little over 350 orbs of only pulling red orbs (except when their aren't any to pull) and no ike :( 

i think im done :/

That sucks! And I thought I had it bad getting two with bad ivs over 350 orbs. Sorry man, hopefully ur luck turns around. 

58 minutes ago, Othin said:

The only one who I think could contest it is Sigurd, considering he can solo all the chapters he's in. He's definitely not as iconic as Ike or Marth though. But considering Horse Emblem is real in Heroes, Sigurd might end up being the best after all.