Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I think Mist will stay 5* rather than Titania, since she's more of a main character. Mist being a 5* exclusive healer is unusual but not unheard of, since Elise is already that way out of the original batch of characters. She also has her unique C skill.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Yup, I figured that, too, but only really Ike seems worth keeping at 5*. Some of the choices seem odd and arbitrary to me, though. So many units just seem odd sticking at 5* exclusive, whereas some make sense... and then Reinhardt is a 4* while they keep Olwen a 5*? So confusing lol (Not complaining - like I say, I want more units to downgrade, and I want some to go into the 3* pool!)

While I'm happy they dropped down Reinhardt as well, keeping him a 5* and making Olwen a 4*-5* would have helped balanced the gender ratio of the 5* exclusives. At least with the Blazing Shadows focus, 2 guys remained 5* while 2 girls dropped to potential 4* so I guess it balances out. 

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

I think Mist will stay 5* rather than Titania, since she's more of a main character. Mist being a 5* exclusive healer is unusual but not unheard of, since Elise is already that way out of the original batch of characters. She also has her unique C skill.

Titiania has a unique B skill herself. And I don't think the character's plot importance has any bearing on whether they stay 5* exclusive or not. It seems to be kind of arbitrary.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

My thoughts exactly.

What about Galeforce?

It probably won't work as well, since with a Distant Counter unit with the above build, they can just go dive hard and not pay for it, while Galeforce is player phase only, and charges slower by virtue of it only activating after the round.

24 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

and then Reinhardt is a 4* while they keep Olwen a 5*?

Except that Olwen is stronger than Reinhardt when fully built because she can Quadsuna far better than Quadsuna ever could. Reinhardt is just easier to use out of the box with minimal effort and team support.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Except that Olwen is stronger than Reinhardt when fully built because she can Quadsuna far better than Quadsuna ever could. Reinhardt is just easier to use out of the box with minimal effort and team support.

That's the thing though. I'd've thought they'd keep him up there since he is easier to use and less resource hungry than Olwen, even if she can be stronger with SI. I mean, people say Nino is one of the stronger characters with SI and Team Support (I suck at using her though, so can't say otherwise) and she's 3* pullable. 

That being said, that's probably why they did it with the stat spread. You likely guess better than me. I have no clue how gacha stuff works ^.^''

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It probably won't work as well, since with a Distant Counter unit with the above build, they can just go dive hard and not pay for it, while Galeforce is player phase only, and charges slower by virtue of it only activating after the round.

I̶ ̶w̶r̶o̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶l̶f̶-̶j̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶o̶k̶a̶y̶

Brave weapons would work better anyway.

Let's assume we can run Heavy Blade on another unit besides Ike, though. Most brave units tend to hit ~46 Atk, which is pretty low, but after buffs, you can potentially break the 50-52 mark, which procs Heavy Blade more easily. You'd have it charged after two rounds of combat instead of three, or even in a single round if you got at least three attacks in. That sounds too gimmicky to be worth trying, but there's an idea.

2 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

I don't think they'll ever add a trading mechanic because it would undermine the gacha concept of the game. They want you to pay to get the hero you want, not trade an unwanted one for it.

Oh I would be shocked if they do implement it. I just think it would be really nice to have it. There's so many good units I'll never use just because they don't fit my play style, kinda seems like a waste :/

23 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I̶ ̶w̶r̶o̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶l̶f̶-̶j̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶o̶k̶a̶y̶

Brave weapons would work better anyway.

Let's assume we can run Heavy Blade on another unit besides Ike, though. Most brave units tend to hit ~46 Atk, which is pretty low, but after buffs, you can potentially break the 50-52 mark, which procs Heavy Blade more easily. You'd have it charged after two rounds of combat instead of three, or even in a single round if you got at least three attacks in. That sounds too gimmicky to be worth trying, but there's an idea.

We don't joke about shitty gimmick builds, shitty gimmick builds are life

While we're on the topic of skill synergy, do you think Heavy Blade would work well with Wo Dao?

I imagine the two have good synergy, so the real question would be: is Heavy Blade worth the A-slot, or would a Wo Dao user still prefer Life and Death (or whatever other A-skill they would have gone with)?

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

I wouldn't really be talking about Heavy Blade on units other than Ike unless he becomes a 3 or 4 star pull later, which I doubt. :P I think very few people would actually ditch him for anything. lol (well, unless they somehow pull more than one of him, which shouldn't be common at all either)

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I wouldn't really be talking about Heavy Blade on units other than Ike unless he becomes a 3 or 4 star pull later, which I doubt. :P I think very few people would actually ditch him for anything. lol (well, unless they somehow pull more than one of him, which shouldn't be common at all either)

Doesn't stop people from sacking Hector or Karel for their skills. Whales gonna whale.

@MaskedAmpharos Wo Dao has slightly lower might compared to silvers and legendary weapons, so it would naturally work better with units with a high Atk base. Although, it might not be very easy to pull off considering you can't also raise your Atk without buffs if you run it, compared to Fury and LaD variants, let alone the speed deficiency.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Doesn't stop people from sacking Hector or Karel for their skills. Whales gonna whale.

Well, other than whales, I suppose, because I don't know how many of those there are. :P

20 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@MaskedAmpharos 

I'm not a whale but I'm determined to sack Karel as soon as he comes home.

Scarlet Sword needs his scarlet sword.

Y'know, I'm really curious as to why people give units Bonfire or Iceberg when the opposite stat is the higher one. Are people that bad at math or something? Even in a situation where they lack the skill to give them, giving skills just to fill in slots is a pretty bad idea since once you get the skill you need, well, time to grind more SP I suppose.

This is coming from checking my defense win and seeing a +Def, -HP Marth with Iceberg. Yeah, that additional 11 damage is great compared to 16 from Bonfire.

Also, I have no idea how my defense team is even winning anything.

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Y'know, I'm really curious as to why people give units Bonfire or Iceberg when the opposite stat is the higher one. Are people that bad at math or something? Even in a situation where they lack the skill to give them, giving skills just to fill in slots is a pretty bad idea since once you get the skill you need, well, time to grind more SP I suppose.

This is coming from checking my defense win and seeing a +Def, -HP Marth with Iceberg. Yeah, that additional 11 damage is great compared to 16 from Bonfire.

Also, I have no idea how my defense team is even winning anything.

You'd be surprised how bad people are at basic math.

That said, giving them the benefit of the doubt, maybe they simply didn't have any fodder for Bonfire left but did have fodder for Iceberg?

7 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

You'd be surprised how bad people are at basic math.

That said, giving them the benefit of the doubt, maybe they simply didn't have any fodder for Bonfire left but did have fodder for Iceberg?

50% of 32 vs. 50% of 23. That's not that difficult... Whatever... It's like that Klein that inherited 10 to 20-some skills for some reason that I saw during the previous gauntlet. Some of the skills made no sense at all like equipping Glowing Ember. Same cooldown as Glacies, but using Klein's lower defense and 50% of it instead of 80%. And then there was the images of a Hector with Quick Riposte and another with Pass. Pass should be illegal on knights even in the most situational of cases like, hey, if you Smite the knight with Pass, they'll fly behind the enemy which you could have just used Lunge to emulate that -- I don't even know if that Smite and Pass thing even works.

Still, that's a bad idea and Iceberg could have gone to their other unit with high resistance over Marth who has average resistance. Or, they could have just waited. Eh, whatever.

Edited by Kaden

24 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Mine is +Atk, too.

I'm getting close to counting on two hands the number of times you've said exactly this, in numerous contexts.

It's scary.

Edited by MrSmokestack