Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

20 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Mine is +Atk, too.

That feel when my 5 star is -Atk :(

Still wrecks things but not as much as I would have liked.

Actually, between him and Hinoka, all the 5 star blue units I've pulled (I really needed 5 star blues badly so I was desperate) has been -Atk. Oh well, more time for Sharena to shine!

At least I have a 4 star Reinhardt that's neutral attack in my main account so I may just upgrade him in the future. Might be saving a set of feathers for Xander when he comes for some Siegfried goodness. Now I need more reds, and it's actually good that all the GHBs have been red swordies in a row since I only have Lyn.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Now you people are giving me reminders that my beloved Ephraim is -Atk. xP But at least it didn't hurt him too much, because his attack is still beast even with that, plus I gave him Fury.

Funny how pretty much all my favorite characters in this game have crazy attack stats. Freddy at 48 and he goes over 50 with buffs from allies, Ephraim with 50 or more because Fury and maybe more because buffs, and Ike with 51 or more with buffs. Ryoma probably has great attack too. :P But I don't mind, I love all that strength when I can use it right!

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Now you people are giving me reminders that my beloved Ephraim is -Atk. xP But at least it didn't hurt him too much, because his attack is still beast even with that, plus I gave him Fury.

Funny how pretty much all my favorite characters in this game have crazy attack stats. Freddy at 48 and he goes over 50 with buffs from allies, Ephraim with 50 or more because Fury and maybe more because buffs, and Ike with 51 or more with buffs. Ryoma probably has great attack too. :P But I don't mind, I love all that strength when I can use it right!

Buffs are fun except when arena enemy teams use them

My Catria has 42 attack normally but at the moment I have two Goad Fliers units with her in my SP grinding. That means she can hit 50 attack if they're nearby, and 54 with Rally Attack! :D

Didn't know Frederick's attack went so high!

Edited by GuiltyLove

Yeah Reinhardt just needs extra Dancer support since at least the Brave effect of Dire Thunder kind of makes up for the Attack boon.

At least Ephraim can take hits and give others stat boosts with his weapon. My Reinhardt's not exactly the greatest wall even if he is Def boon haha

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Buffs are fun except when arena enemy teams use them

My Catria has 42 attack normally but at the moment I have two Goad Fliers units with her in my SP grinding. That means she can hit 50 attack if they're nearby, and 54 with Rally Attack! :D

Didn't know Frederick's attack went so high!

Yep, buffs are indeed fun when you know how to use them. :3

And yeah, though I do have the Attack +1 seal on mine, Freddy might have the highest attack of any physical cavalry in the game. He hits really hard. Makes sense though, he exercises a lot and I headcanon him to be pretty ripped underneath that armor and suit of his!

Edited by Anacybele

13 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

copy paste?

I need no peasant copy-paste to tell everybody that my precious Reinhardt is +Atk.

He's not as precious as Sharena is, of course.

Edited by Vaximillian

Buffs are a necessity on my team.  My Baby Tiki is -Atk, and Julia and Takumi were -Spd.  My Sharena would be -Atk, if it were possible.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

At this rate, you'll be Reinhardt's #1 fan instead.

He's still not as precious as my glorious lady Sharena, even though he's awe-inspiring.

(she also cost me more feathers, so she's more precious in more ways)

So, I never really noticed that Ike wasn't great at conversation/talk/whatever. That's another thing I relate to him with (in addition to bluntness. I do tend to be more blunt than not blunt). I'm no good at talk either, Ike. I totally get you, man. Keep being awesome. <3

On another note, training up Azura is going well and I've got her a lot of her skills already!

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So, I never really noticed that Ike wasn't great at conversation/talk/whatever. That's another thing I relate to him with (in addition to bluntness. I do tend to be more blunt than not blunt). I'm no good at talk either, Ike. I totally get you, man. Keep being awesome. <3

On another note, training up Azura is going well and I've got her a lot of her skills already!

I honestly like Ike's bluntness here: ike-youre-horrible-you-are-all-horrid-pe

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

Oh yes, this was one of the scenes that made me love him. lol And start liking the Ike x Elincia pairing! The way Ike stood up for her and then how she thanked him later...you could tell they were growing to care for one another a lot, even if it's just as friends at this point! Like Sanaki even points out herself, Ike has a lot of passion for his employer.

5 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yes, this was one of the scenes that made me love him. lol And start liking the Ike x Elincia pairing! The way Ike stood up for her and then how she thanked him later...you could tell they were growing to care for one another a lot, even if it's just as friends at this point! Like Sanaki even points out herself, Ike has a lot of passion for his employer.

That and her hide and seek shenanigans made me really dislike Sanaki.  I've dealt with too many people who hold power over others who play childish games with those under them, trying to break their self-esteem and just make them generally feel bad.

During residency, I had to deal with several genuine asshole attending doctors who will insult you, toy with you, and give you nothing but shit, because they know you can do nothing about it, but you just have to take it, because doing anything besides lying down and taking it will just make things worse for you.

Now that I have some degree of authority myself, I vowed to myself to never be like that.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

That and her hide and seek shenanigans made me really dislike Sanaki.  I've dealt with too many people who hold power over others who play childish games with those under them, trying to break their self-esteem and just make them generally feel bad.

During residency, I had to deal with several genuine asshole attending doctors who will insult you, toy with you, and give you nothing but shit, because they know you can do nothing about it, but you just have to take it, because doing anything besides lying down and taking it will just make things worse for you.

Now that I have some degree of authority myself, I vowed to myself to never be like that.

At the very least, Sanaki learned and stopped doing it- whether it was because the senate was deposed or she actually developed as a character is a different question.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I had to deal with several genuine asshole attending doctors who will insult you, toy with you, and give you nothing but shit, because they know you can do nothing about it

Sounds like another episode of House

16 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I think I'm gonna hang this on a wall somewhere. I never knew this was the full quote! I only saw "you disgust me beyond words". Never saw the previous sentence which makes it even more hilarious XD

I can't pull for Ike anymore though, since Marth came in and took away my percentages and I don't like pushing luck. I'll just be happy with my Marth and keep it moving!

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Ooh, are you a doctor now? Where did you go to med school? Just curious. I was interested in nursing school before and got in but left because I didn't think it suited me. Now I'm in a different program

Back on topic! I didn't like Sanaki much either. Path of Radiance had some really good writing in my opinion, like Soren's quote here:

Soren:
Humans are shameless creatures that carelessly ignore any misfortune which does not befall them directly. They can--and often do--turn a blind eye to all manner of wickedness so long as it does not touch them or their kin. They will bow their heads, condemning those victims for bringing calamity upon themselves, and then they will cast their eyes toward heaven in thanks while their neighbors lay dying around them.

Ike:
But the war is happening here. This is their home, not someone else's.

Soren:
When the Daein army darkens their doorsteps, perhaps they will understand. When the peace they take for granted is shattered, and their sons and daughters slaughtered in the streets...Perhaps then will they comprehend the misfortunes they so long pretended not to see. I have no sympathy for them.

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yep, buffs are indeed fun when you know how to use them. :3

And yeah, though I do have the Attack +1 seal on mine, Freddy might have the highest attack of any physical cavalry in the game. He hits really hard. Makes sense though, he exercises a lot and I headcanon him to be pretty ripped underneath that armor and suit of his!

Frederick's 35 Attack (neutral and without weapon factored in) is actually the highest Attack out of all the cavalry units in the game at this point, both physical and magical with the second highest being 33 (Abel and Peri). So yeah, there's a fun fact for you.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I think I'm gonna hang this on a wall somewhere. I never knew this was the full quote! I only saw "you disgust me beyond words". Never saw the previous sentence which makes it even more hilarious XD

Well, here's more context:

Ike:
What is the meaning of this? You knew Elincia was Princess Crimea? And you continued to humiliate her for your own entertainment? For some stupid game of wits and words? This is no joke!

Sanaki:

Ike:
Elincia's homeland is lost to her! Her family has been hunted down and killed by the monsters of Daein! And with nowhere else to turn, she endures mortal danger and terrible heartbreak to reach your door. And then you...you laugh at her?! Where is the humor in that? Where is your decency? You're horrible! You are all horrid people! You disgust me beyond words! And you owe Elincia a proper apology.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Frederick's 35 Attack (neutral and without weapon factored in) is actually the highest Attack out of all the cavalry units in the game at this point, both physical and magical with the second highest being 33 (Abel and Peri). So yeah, there's a fun fact for you.

Oh, really? So cool. :D Proud of my Freddy Bear here! I honestly thought Reinhardt and maybe Olwen might've had higher attack. Reinhardt especially seems to rip a lot of people apart.

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, but I feel like Sanaki has some legit reason for doing that. She's still a child for one thing, and children can play games like that. And as she said, life in a palace can be boring and unentertaining. Take it from Elincia, she never wanted to be queen and never seemed to enjoy that life at all (a reason it always saddened me that she couldn't leave and marry Ike and settle down with him instead. She'd have enjoyed that kind of life more given how she grew up). From what I've learned and heard, royal or noble life isn't always fields of flowers. Fictional stories describe it like this rather frequently too, such as in Disney's Aladdin where Jasmine hated her palace life. I think the classic story The Prince and the Pauper is a similar scenario, where the prince wanted to switch places because he wanted to get away from his life for awhile.

And as said above, Sanaki does kind of quit doing her shenanigans down the road.

Edited by Anacybele