Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

25 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

But now I don't know who to promote to 5*. Cherche for the axe nuke, Nowi to give Fae Lightning Breath+ or Odin to give Linde Blarblade+. Considering Linde is still usable and Nino can handle being the -blade nuke for the moment and that I currently have a usable 5* Cherche, I might prioritize Fae gotta have that Reinhardt killer.

I say you should give Fae the feathers, although giving Linde Blarblade+ is a good enough reason to boost Odin up too, if you want to do that.

Also, after reading the small text, I just ran the math for this (while trying to see how my +HP/-DEF Fae with Lightning Breath+ would do against all units), and the only way for Reinhardt to kill Fae is to have +ATK, Death Blow 3, Hone Cavalry buff and at least 1 Goad Cavalry buff and Draconic Aura has to proc to kill Fae (1 Goad Cavalry is required to kill non-=HP/+HP/+RES Faes, while 2 are required for +HP/+RES Faes), while Fae can (with Lightning Breath, doesn't even need Lightning Breath+ for this) kill him if she has the SPD to double him (which =SPD Fae does unless Goad Cavalry is involved on top of the previous build, and even then you just have to give her literally any SPD buff, even Hone SPD 1 lets her double and kill).

I feel really good about my decision to raise up my 5-Star Fae now. Between her cuteness and her usefulness, she's changing my mind about running a Dragon team... just as soon as I pull Young Tiki so never

16 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

On a blade tome Linde?

No because blade tome = desperation. Desperation = Speed AND attack, since one shotting isn't always enough.

Once you're in desperation range, speed and attack are the 2 things that matter the most. Which is why people run Fury which is +3 in both and automatically puts you desperation range, Life and death which coupled with Ardent Sacrifice can literally make any unit go insane. Or swift sparrow which is the mediator of them both (and my personal favorite).

Death Blow functions more as a delete button on blade tome users/builds that are a little bit slow, and won't double anyway.

You can use death blow if you want, but be prepared when you don't double when you need it

17 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I would argue that Life and Death is still better than Death Blow because +5 Atk and +5 Spd are more valuable than just +6 Atk, especially on a Desperation build. 

Also, to answer your question: She survives any red physical unit with less than 56 atk, any blue or colorless physical unit with less than 56 atk, and any green physical unit with less than 47 atk. 

If we're taking Brave weapons into account, she survives any brave red with less than 49 atk, and any brave blue/colorless with less than 39 atk. She's not going to survive any physical Brave green users. 

This is all assuming she isn't doubled, but at 39 speed (36 + 3 from Fury), that's extremely unlikely barring B Tomebreaker. 

Ah, I see. That's a good point. I never considered running Desperation on a -blade tome user. Probably should give that to Nino tho, she'd make good use of it.

I have a -SPD Linde tho, so she's gonna end up at 36 SPD (33 + 3 from Fury). Not sure how many extra units double her at 36, but that worries me a bit. Also kinda puts Desperation out of reach, I think. Still, I suppose I could run Vantage to try to deal with archers/daggers/annoying-mages.

Thanks, mates!

Edited by ILikeKirbys

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I kinda wish IS released more Eirika and Ephraim clones tbh

Part of why i like Blade on Horse so much is because you can budget the build up easilly since Gunter or Caeda is like "lol ez +16/18". Only those can do the role and they having Hone ATK 2 instead of Hone Defense or Res made the optimizing somewhat awkward

Although im perfectly aware anyone who wishes for Hone Infantry to exist and make 58 Speed Nino a reality just want to see the world burn

Edited by JSND

16 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Ah, I see. That's a good point. I never considered running Desperation on a -blade tome user. Probably should give that to Nino tho, she'd make good use of it.

I have a -SPD Linde tho, so she's gonna end up at 36 SPD (33 + 3 from Fury). Not sure how many extra units double her at 36, but that worries me a bit. Also kinda puts Desperation out of reach, I think. Still, I suppose I could run Vantage to try to deal with archers/daggers/annoying-mages.

Thanks, mates!

38 from Life and Death instead of Fury still doubles a fair amount, and ideally she'll have a Hone Spd buff on her for 42 Spd since you want to be stacking buffs on blade mages anyways (and Hone Atk + Hone Spd are generally considered the minimum). 

I'm thinking of giving my Ike Swordbreaker rather than Quick Reposte. He can already OHKO Nino and Julia without it anyway. He may not be able to ORKO colorless units without QR, but since he's +Def he'll be able to shrug off the hits with ease and then strike back on the next turn. With Swordbreaker he won't be doubled by faster sword units (unless they also have Swordbreaker, but I've seen more Vantage than Swordbreaker in the arena so far) and the HP requirement is more forgiving than QR2. 

Edited by Levin's Scarf

I am loving this SP event.

Just took my arena defense team to the tower, and finally got enough SP to give Camilla Bonfire!  Ryoma finished up the Hone Speed line, too.

I've also decided to throw score to the wind, and run Ryoma over Tiki in the arena.  It's just more fun that way.

5 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

38 from Life and Death instead of Fury still doubles a fair amount, and ideally she'll have a Hone Spd buff on her for 42 Spd since you want to be stacking buffs on blade mages anyways (and Hone Atk + Hone Spd are generally considered the minimum). 

I hadn't considered that. However, I don't have anyone with Life and Death 3 at the moment (I do have a Jaffar, but he's my only one so I'm keeping him), so I'll have to work with Fury for now (which I have 3 Hinatas for).

Still, you've convinced me that Fury would be good on my Linde (and she'd end up with 40 SPD, I forgot to add the Hone SPD buff last night). So, thanks again, mate.

18 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

I hadn't considered that. However, I don't have anyone with Life and Death 3 at the moment (I do have a Jaffar, but he's my only one so I'm keeping him), so I'll have to work with Fury for now (which I have 3 Hinatas for).

Still, you've convinced me that Fury would be good on my Linde (and she'd end up with 40 SPD, I forgot to add the Hone SPD buff last night). So, thanks again, mate.

LnD 2 is ok if you didnt mind Arena score

Think of it in a sense that Fury is a 3/3 at level 3 while LnD 2 is a 4/4 

9 minutes ago, JSND said:

LnD 2 is ok if you didnt mind Arena score

Think of it in a sense that Fury is a 3/3 at level 3 while LnD 2 is a 4/4 

That's a good point, I don't mind Arena score... If I had anyone with Life and Death 2, I'd consider it.

Although, the main reason I was considering Fury is that Fury raises Linde's Defense as well as her other stats, and mine's +DEF/-SPD so she'd end up with 21 Defense (25, if I can get Fortify DEF on her), which should prevent some units (mostly Swords, maybe a few Lances and Archers/Daggers too tho) from ORKOing her (unless they're carrying B Tomebreaker... but that's not likely).

59 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Well, not in it yet because I'm still a student, but I'm planning on becoming a registered dietitian

That's cool.  I've got a cousin who's a dietician.

I should be becoming a student again myself in the fall. I'm going to art school to get a degree in media arts or something like that (can't quite remember the specifics exactly), which means my career will be drawing art for cartoons, video games, etc. I could have my name in video game, Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon credits or something! I don't care much for the third one, but if they pay me good money and the project seems fun, I won't complain.

Anyway, going back on topic, omg. I got not one, but TWO defense wins this arena season and the higher score is 280. That's a new record for me! Like, shattered record! The highest I got before was a flat 251.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I should be becoming a student again myself in the fall. I'm going to art school to get a degree in media arts or something like that (can't quite remember the specifics exactly), which means my career will be drawing art for cartoons, video games, etc. I could have my name in video game, Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon credits or something! I don't care much for the third one, but if they pay me good money and the project seems fun, I won't complain.

Anyway, going back on topic, omg. I got not one, but TWO defense wins this arena season and the higher score is 280. That's a new record for me! Like, shattered record! The highest I got before was a flat 251.

Cool, good luck.

Well, my Ike is now level 40.

My next goal is to get my Est to 5*.  I merged several of the ones I had and got a +Spd,-Res one that can be serviceable.  I popped Draconic Aura, +Spd, and Fortify Flyers onto her.

I cannot for the life of my get a Deathless Streak this week.  I get nothing but Lava and Bridge Maps, and unlike last season, I don't have a Flyer of my own.  I'm still in the top 30K, so I'm happy with that.  Next week, I'll have Ike on my Arena Team, so we'll see how that goes.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Cool, good luck.

Well, my Ike is now level 40.

My next goal is to get my Est to 5*.  I merged several of the ones I had and got a +Spd,-Res one that can be serviceable.  I popped Draconic Aura, +Spd, and Fortify Flyers onto her.

I cannot for the life of my get a Deathless Streak this week.  I get nothing but Lava and Bridge Maps, and unlike last season, I don't have a Flyer of my own.  I'm still in the top 30K, so I'm happy with that.  Next week, I'll have Ike on my Arena Team, so we'll see how that goes.

Thanks.

I personally don't recommend using Est. She's pretty bad from what I've used of her (only used her for the Whitewing quests). You're better off with Palla or probably any wyvern rider for fliers.

It's pretty much impossible to get deathless streaks in the arena. It's barely possible to even win matches there at all. It's honestly pretty unfair, but I don't know if there's any way to make it more fair without making it too easy and trivial.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Thanks.

I personally don't recommend using Est. She's pretty bad from what I've used of her (only used her for the Whitewing quests). You're better off with Palla or probably any wyvern rider for fliers.

It's pretty much impossible to get deathless streaks in the arena. It's barely possible to even win matches there at all. It's honestly pretty unfair, but I don't know if there's any way to make it more fair without making it too easy and trivial.

Rezzy's daughter is named Est, and iirc she's rather fond of the character.

2 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Uh, I know that? I'm just giving my personal opinion... That's a pretty silly reason to like a character though, imo. Also, it's actually Esther, not simply Est. I would've gone Estelle, personally, if I really wanted Est as a nickname though.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Thanks.

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Yep, Est's my baby.  I like the Est archetype in general, too.  Nino and the trainees are among my favorites.

I've gotten a couple 5-6 Deathless Streaks, so I could probably get a Deathless streak if I burned a ton of Crests, but it's only 500 Feathers or so going from top 30K to top 10K, so I'd rather just save my Crests for now.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No on both counts.

Est is tied with Hinoka and Cordelia for having the highest base Atk of any flier, which isn't too bad especially when combined with a Brave weapon for 46 Atk at +Atk. Est does have less speed compared to Cordelia in exchange for higher Res.

Deathless streaks are difficult to get in arena, some more than others, but they're perfectly possible. The Arena thread is good proof of that.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yep, Est's my baby.  I like the Est archetype in general, too.  Nino and the trainees are among my favorites.

I've gotten a couple 5-6 Deathless Streaks, so I could probably get a Deathless streak if I burned a ton of Crests, but it's only 500 Feathers or so going from top 30K to top 10K, so I'd rather just save my Crests for now.

I just said, I KNOW that. Geez. I was in your thread when you were pregnant, remember?

I don't know how anyone gets deathless streaks, I've almost never won a battle with no deaths.

Right now though, I can't even win at all. I don't know why, I'm using a dancer and such, which everyone else uses to win. I should be winning, not losing. I wonder if hackers did something again.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

No on both counts.

Est is tied with Hinoka and Cordelia for having the highest base Atk of any flier, which isn't too bad especially when combined with a Brave weapon for 46 Atk at +Atk. Est does have less speed compared to Cordelia in exchange for higher Res.

Deathless streaks are difficult to get in arena, some more than others, but they're perfectly possible. The Arena thread is good proof of that.

Isn't the "issue" with Est more along the lines of "the fuck are you using this when Cordelia and Hinoka is the exact same thing without SI"

11 minutes ago, JSND said:

Isn't the "issue" with Est more along the lines of "the fuck are you using this when Cordelia and Hinoka is the exact same thing without SI"

I figured exchanging Spd for irrelevant Res would have made the implication more blatant, but sure.

It's like arguing Gronnblade+ on Soren when you have to sack Nino for it.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

No on both counts.

I'm debating which weapon to give Est.  She's got the Heavy Spear for now, but that seems one of the worst Lances to have.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I just said, I KNOW that. Geez.

I don't know how anyone gets deathless streaks, I've almost never won a battle with no deaths.

Right now though, I can't even win at all. I don't know why, I'm using a dancer and such, which everyone else uses to win. I should be winning, not losing. I wonder if hackers did something again.

No worries, I was affirming that Glac was correct and also stating it here for people who might not know me as well.

For me, some maps are more forgiving than others.  My team is all infantry this week, so the Lava and Bridge Maps are tough.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

No on both counts.

I fully disagree on both.

Not saying the attack thing is wrong or anything, but Est is very fragile and from what I've seen, she actually doesn't hit that hard. And Cordelia and Hinoka have brave lances as well as some speed.

Deathless streaks are near impossible to get because of how difficult it is to win in the arena at all. I find wins and win streaks to be rare enough by themselves with all the skill inheritance and lv. 40+ units. I can't even win with a dancer and Reposition anymore. You'd think I would, but arena opponents are still far too strong or they cheat or something (this is not an accusation, just to note, I honestly doubt anyone is actually cheating with how IS has cracked down on that, I'm just saying).

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I figured exchanging Spd for irrelevant Res would have the implication more blatant, but sure.

Well hey, you can't really fault someone for wanting to optimise their favourite character, even if they're outclassed.

Regarding the arena, I'm still able to keep my record of getting a deathless run on the first day of every season, despite fighting enemies with +3-5 merge levels, while my team is completely unmerged. I even had to fight a nightmare team of +3/4 Reinhardt/Julia/Tharja/Ninian and still won without deaths.

Edited by Korath88

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

I figured exchanging Spd for irrelevant Res would have the implication more blatant, but sure.

Lol im bad at identifying those

But then again Est is technically Free atm so thats something