Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

There's that too, but hey, at least he isn't Lachesis and Lucius who needs a B-skill to be like the powerful light mages they were.

Lachesis was supposed to be a physical unit too; her usage as a magical unit was limited iirc. @Vaximillian will tell you everything.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Lachesis was supposed to be a physical unit too; her usage as a magical unit was limited iirc. @Vaximillian will tell you everything.

Lachesis is literally the only unit in FE4 that her entire reason for being good is so defined by Staff using she would become a shit character without Staff

The problem with Heroes Staff user isn't really they use Staff. its the disparity between how overpowered Staff have always been in the series vs their Heroes incarnation

Edited by JSND

1 minute ago, JSND said:

Lachesis is literally the only unit in FE4 that is so defined by Staff using she would become a shit character without Staff

I mean yeah, she starts off pretty bad with her Sword, so she just does Staff things. Master Knight tho!

3 minutes ago, JSND said:

Seliph would have the highest attack out of any Horse Unit at 34. And this is mostly a "having horse would put Seliph in a much higher power floor" argument, but 34 Attack Brave on a Horse is fucking Hardcore and would legit make Seliph into a pretty good unit

His real problem is actually that fucking HP stats. 47 HP is so unnecesarily high it hurts his overall stats distribution when its really the weakest of the three defensive stats

well yeah i agree kinda, but they started giving out new passives and Titanias one is interesting, so if there come more high HP/HP dependend skills out the meta around him might change. maybe (i mean outside of desperation quick riposte etc.) he has the 2. highest HP rating on infantery unit (Bartre is higher)

I'm trying to make my 5* +Def, -Res Seliph viable with Brave Sword, (Debating) Death Blow 2, Swordbreaker 3 to counter other swordlords, Threaten Attack 3, and Ignis. I don't know if I should use that Death Blow on him or my 4* Neutral Chrom (who's going a similar build with Brave Sword and Swordbreaker, as well as Threaten Attack and Sol), who actually has a higher attacking stat, though Seliph would net me a higher score in the arena due to his rarity. It's an expensive build, for sure, but I do want Seliph to be good for something. Once the build's done, I hope it's effective.

I mean, Chrom's doing a whole lot more with the Brave Sword than he was with the Silver Sword, that's for sure. And he's got more SP to work with since I hadn't put anything on him till Brave Sword.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I mean yeah, she starts off pretty bad with her Sword, so she just does Staff things. Master Knight tho!

Master Knight's entire usage in optimized FE4 run boils down into "They are the ultimate Staff user the series ever had" 

I know that optimized runs isn't everything and wielding every weapon competently is awesome, but i'm 100% sure if you remove the feature of Master Knights one by one, the one that did the most damage is, by far their ability to use Staff

Edited by JSND

Just now, JSND said:

Master Knight's entire usage in optimized FE4 run boils down into "They are the ultimate Staff user the series ever had" 

I mean wielding every weapon competently is awesome, but i'm 100% sure if you remove the feature of Master Knights one by one, the one that did the most damage is, by far their ability to use Staff

0KYgy61.png

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

0KYgy61.png

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I mean i pitched the idea for that, but i'm always a Staff fanboy at heart

Which is why Heroes Staff being so bad is so annoying

IS WHY U NO BUFF STAFF REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

the fact that the pony wield the staff should say everything in Pony Emblem. Vax knew his stuff Kappa

Edited by JSND

what are you talking about there's a GREAT buff! That just happens to be a skill found only an upcoming 5* unit and undoes the nonsensical nerf to attack staff users get

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

what are you talking about there's a GREAT buff! That just happens to be a skill found only an upcoming 5* unit and undoes the nonsensical nerf to attack staff users get

The ideal version of Staff in Heroes if it want to try living to the standard it sets in the series is having a Staff that basically allows a character to use an unconditional Escape Route after moving duh!

Won't it be balanced if you can yolo dive Reinhardt into 3 Hector only to snag him away for free? :Kappa:

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Except attack ended up being stronger. The Ephraim I have being -Def explains part of this, but it still annoys me that because Ephraim and Oboro have average to slow speed, they can end up taking more damage from sword units, especially sword lords, because those units either hit hard or hit hard and fast. Pissed me off seeing a Marth in training tower do 14x2 to a level 38-39 Ephraim while Ephraim did like 22 damage to Marth. Sure as hell glad defense tiles are a thing now and that Ephraim has Seal Defense, Threaten Defense, and Moonbow to wreck Marth. Oboro on the other hand... When you're a blue and you lose to reds including the physical ones that you supposedly have high defense to make trivial, it's really sad and frustrating. 3* Oboro was miserable in that regard, especially -Atk, inherit skill stocker Oboro while 4* Oboro, especially with Bonfire, was much better. I can understand blues with really low defense having issues with physical reds, but come on, -Def Ephraim still has respectable defense.

Having both Seal Def and Threaten Def is completely redundant actually since they don't stack with one another, so you're better off replacing Seal Def with something like Quick Riposte, Swordbreaker, or Lancebreaker to help Ephraim double despite his middling speed. 

But yes, I agree that defense tiles have made units like Ephraim a lot better, and I'm pretty happy about that :D

1 hour ago, JSND said:

The ideal version of Staff in Heroes if it want to try living to the standard it sets in the series is having a Staff that basically allows a character to use an unconditional Escape Route after moving duh!

Won't it be balanced if you can yolo dive Reinhardt into 3 Hector only to snag him away for free? :Kappa:

The moment they add Sleep or Silence as a staff weapon skill, though...

40 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The moment they add Sleep or Silence as a staff weapon skill, though...

Knowing this game, that will become a 6 charge special attack and as such completely useless

6 minutes ago, r_n said:

Knowing this game, that will become a 6 charge special attack and as such completely useless

Knowing this game, staves don't get and will never get offensive special skills.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Knowing this game, staves don't get and will never get offensive special skills.

Jokes aside, upper tier statuses like Beserk, Sleep & Silence probably would make good offensive healer-exclusive skills. 

29 minutes ago, r_n said:

Jokes aside, upper tier statuses like Beserk, Sleep & Silence probably would make good offensive healer-exclusive skills. 

If they introduce Beserk into the game, I will murder someone. That is not a skill I ever want to see, especially in places like the arena. It'd be horrendous :/ 

Sleep and Silence, I can work around, but not Beserk. I remember loathing it in the Fire Emblem games and I'd loathe it even more here.

Status staves would be interesting but might make me pull my hair out. I can already see them adding the one that halves your HP for the rest of the map (I forget the name) for some new boss battles or something, and that could be brutal.

Honestly the only thing that really balanced status staves in previous games were low accuracy and/or low durability. 

In a game where neither accuracy nor durability apply, I can't seem them justifying adding these staves unless they severely nerf the effects somehow. 

4 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Having both Seal Def and Threaten Def is completely redundant actually since they don't stack with one another, so you're better off replacing Seal Def with something like Quick Riposte, Swordbreaker, or Lancebreaker to help Ephraim double despite his middling speed. 

But yes, I agree that defense tiles have made units like Ephraim a lot better, and I'm pretty happy about that :D

I was just emphasizing that Ephraim had everything to make Marth into a squishy meatbag for him to thrust his mighty Siegmund through. Still curious why he has both of those skills. I can understand why he has them i.e. Seal Def can help him duel against units and Threaten Def can help him and his allies deal more damage, but not why he has both of them.

I owe a lot to Ephraim being able to tank stuff on the lower bottom part of defense map part 5 using the defense tiles. Gunter was my main concern, but I ended up being able to box him in after killing Klein with Lucina who with another turn from Olivia and on enemy phase, was able to kill Gunter. So, whatever, everyone else was manageable. Linde just nuked stuff that I needed nuked, especially if they were baited by Ephraim.

Edited by Kaden

8 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Honestly the only thing that really balanced status staves in previous games were low accuracy and/or low durability. 

In a game where neither accuracy nor durability apply, I can't seem them justifying adding these staves unless they severely nerf the effects somehow. 

When you use Berserk, the user also gets Berserked, and then it all goes to hell.

Weird... Is Tharja's HP bugged? A friend just asked why a newly summoned Tharja's HP is showing up as green. Don't know if this was after merging new Tharja with old Tharja Apparently it happened to a couple other people if 2 results of gamefaqs are to be believed. Well, one has evidence.

Spoiler

7CGZRbD.jpg

+10 merged units don't have any of their stats shown as green, so... maybe Tharja is broken? :p

Hey, cool, update.  I guess it's for the Story Chapter tomorrow.  I wonder when that new mode is supposed to drop.  I wonder how fast this one will be data mined.

52 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Weird... Is Tharja's HP bugged? A friend just asked why a newly summoned Tharja's HP is showing up as green. Don't know if this was after merging new Tharja with old Tharja Apparently it happened to a couple other people if 2 results of gamefaqs are to be believed. Well, one has evidence.

Hide contents

7CGZRbD.jpg

+10 merged units don't have any of their stats shown as green, so... maybe Tharja is broken? :p

Mine's like that too. She's +HP so I guess for some reason, once maxed, any 5* Tharja that's +HP just has her 42 for HP in green. She can equip the +3 HP seal though her HP value (45) is still green. I also haven't merged any other Tharjas into her and if if it means anything, my Tharja has the same bane as the one in the screenshot (RES).

Edited by Tybrosion

Just got my first character to 2000 Hero Merit and its Olivia. Grinding on the fifth Defense Battle map is great, I'm glad we've got it for so long because I've got thousands of feathers in the last couple days just burning a few of my 60+ stamina potions. My only problem is that my strat is restricted to using a dancer, and Olivia is the only one I got. My total Hero Merit earnings are cut by 25% now that she's maxed out. If I had a second dancer, then I could just switch. Damn Ninian and Azura for being locked to 5 star. And bless IS for giving us those two free Olivias because you can bet I raised them both for my Arena and Training Tower teams.