Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I'm in my work office so I can't do a proper search (lot of pages are blocked), that's why I decided to ask before believing.

But for the safety of my orbs, I hope she doesn't get caught on this

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

24 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Anyone else find it weird that Draug is a free quest unit?

I mean, I'm not complaining, since I have a level 40 one from last time, but it feels kinda odd that he's chosen again.

Would have been nice to get a free Effie, honestly. Catria showed they aren't opposed to a freebie 3 star of a 4 star unit!

36 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Guys...

Is this real??

Reveal hidden contents

LMWkfRz.jpg

Is this real or is fanmade? A friend send me the picture, but she doesn't know if is real.

And if this is real... BYE MY ORBS! IT WAS GOOD TO KNOW YOU!!

the lineart has no anti-aliasing (you can see the edges of pixels) and also it looks like it was drawn with no pressure sensitivity as the lines are all the same width and don't taper. so i doubt it. 

1 hour ago, SniperGYS said:

Guys...

Is this real??

Reveal hidden contents

LMWkfRz.jpg

Is this real or is fanmade? A friend send me the picture, but she doesn't know if is real.

And if this is real... BYE MY ORBS! IT WAS GOOD TO KNOW YOU!!

It's nice artwork, but the lines are a little messy, so I don't think so. Also, the art has apparently been around way longer than Heroes, it's by an artist named "Torirenie" on Deviantart if that interests you.

Oboro seems to be a favorite to many, but I think she'd be an odd choice for the "Wedding banner".

2 minutes ago, KongDude said:

It's nice artwork, but the lines are a little messy, so I don't think so. Also, the art has apparently been around way longer than Heroes, it's by an artist named "Torirenie" on Deviantart if that interests you.

Oboro seems to be a favorite to many, but I think she'd be an odd choice for the "Wedding banner".

Off topic, but I approve of your badge and avatar ;)

Back on topic (directed at anyone):

Also any easy way to get the kills with Hana and Barst? This is taking so long and I don't want to train them up D:

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

Also any easy way to get the kills with Hana and Barst? This is taking so long and I don't want to train them up D:

In one of the Ch. 8 Lunatic maps, there is a Lv. 40 healer without a weapon.

Go ham.

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Off topic, but I approve of your badge and avatar ;)

Back on topic (directed at anyone):

I'd say just train them up. You never know if they'll use them for a quest in the future, plus Hana is sometimes used on MKV's videos for hints and tips on how to beat other things, so may come in handy in the future. 

If not, just gonna have to keep killing that healer, as mentioned. 

Do you have any shards/crystals for quick levels?

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

I'd say just train them up. You never know if they'll use them for a quest in the future, plus Hana is sometimes used on MKV's videos for hints and tips on how to beat other things, so may come in handy in the future. 

If not, just gonna have to keep killing that healer, as mentioned. 

Do you have any shards/crystals for quick levels?

I suppose. That is true!

Yeah, but I used most of them up for other characters :P

I've been wanting to make a Hana. I have a 1* level ~34, a 3* 40 and now an additional 3*, all of neutral nature.

(Sadly, the 1* one wasn't quite powerful enough to manage the quest- I had to use the 3* 40 one).

I watched a Blazing Sword speedrun a couple hours ago. Florina's speed and general usefulness... Meanwhile, in Heroes...

On another note, the mine glitch is hilarious.

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I watched a Blazing Sword speedrun a couple hours ago. Florina's speed and general usefulness... Meanwhile, in Heroes...

As someone who's experience with pegasus knights in general is a Florina that good...

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Was she good? I sucked at FE when I played it back then and got her killed the chapter I got her. I plan on never finishing it though because I lost all my data on my old phone and don't want to go through the tutorials again.

Back to Heroes, I thought she was okay when I used her for like, 2 days. I fed her to my Marth for Darting Blow though. Still not sure if it was worth it.

12 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Was she good? I sucked at FE when I played it back then and got her killed the chapter I got her. I plan on never finishing it though because I lost all my data on my old phone and don't want to go through the tutorials again.

Back to Heroes, I thought she was okay when I used her for like, 2 days. I fed her to my Marth for Darting Blow though. Still not sure if it was worth it.

Flying > Everything in the grand scale of FE LTC, with the exception of Staff usage in a few games like FE5. She has the Spd to counteract the Wt penalty of heavier lances, and when trained has high avoid via Spd and Lck. Energy Drop in Lyn mode is usually enough to get her going, though if nothing else she can always help ferry the main lord if she gets Str-screwed. If you really wanted to she can even support Hector for that sweet critical bonus. I know I do

It's a shame she's not nearly as good in Heroes. Much of her Spd comes from Darting Blow, but even +Spd just hits 37, which is a bit underwhelming. Her Atk certainly isn't any better. She does have high HP and Res going for her, but neither of those stats are in as much demand as the former two.

@phineas81707 and @KongDude,

From what I remember from playing Blazing Sword and from checking the wiki, it's not that she was good which isn't to say she's bad, it's that she was fast. In Heroes? She's the slowest blue flyer and the fourth slowest flyer over Michalis (26), Cherche and Spring Camilla (25), and Beruka (23). Florina's dependent on Darting Blow to outspeed things which is pretty pointless compared to Camilla, M!Corrin through Yato, and Rebecca who are naturally fast and in vanilla Camilla's case, negating Brave Axe's speed penalty.

Florina's stats in Heroes don't make sense. It should be low HP and defense, average-ish attack, and high speed and relatively high resistance since apparently her sisters have higher resistance according to the wiki. If you tore out 8 HP points from her and slapped it onto her speed to give her 35 base speed, then she'd be more similar to her Blazing Sword self. 34 HP, 29 Atk, 35 Spd, 25 Def, and 34 Res... Yeah, that looks like Florina. Could take 2 points from defense and give it to HP if needed, but anyway. Basically, her stat spread should have been like Caeda, Clair, Camilla, and Shanna's not... a high resistance Beruka, but with less bulk.

And then there's the fact she uses a Heavy Lance. In Blazing Sword, Florina's constitution was low, so something like a Heavy Lance of all things makes no sense as it would have penalized her speed which you might be able to get away with when she's a higher level or she got extremely lucky with her speed level-ups. Yes, constitution doesn't exist in Heroes or the more recent FE games, but it's Florina. With her stats, it makes no sense for her to go against knights of all things. She should have had a Sapphire or a Silver Lance.

Edited by Kaden

2 hours ago, KongDude said:

2 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

I think that's just from DeviantArt if you do a reverse Google image search

Thanks! I was unable to do a proper search and I find it odd too, that's why I decided to ask first!

My orbs feel safe now

1 hour ago, KongDude said:

Florina is in a weird position where usually in a more fast playthrough she's either ridiculously good thanks to Lyn Mode, or you just use her for her absurd flying utility because training her could take too long without Lyn Mode and then you place your Flying monstrosity bets on Heath

Lyn Mode Florina can reasonably get her ussual starting stats +7 HP and +2 STR so usually people went Promoted Sain + Stacked Florina to do so and then stomps the game after they rejoin.

She's basically used to be one of the Top 5 of FE7 - #1 is EASILLY Marcus, #2 is LM Sain, #3 is Florina, #4 is Ninian, and #5 is probably Priscilla

Her drop got nothing on the absurd drop that Seliph faces in this game though. Its especially stupid considering that all Seliph need to git gud is a Horse

Edited by JSND

I'm at 10k. I should hit my next 20k by the end of the arena season, which means it'll finally be time to complete the Askr trio. I don't particularly like Alfonse, but never needing to worry about bonus units again will be nice.

6 hours ago, Othin said:

Bullshit. A remake of a game from 25 years ago that few people have played and even fewer know the story of, and which has the potential for changes in details in the remake? There are absolutely things to spoil.

This is a situation where there are plenty of people around who aren't particularly familiar with the story and plan on experiencing it for themselves soon. That's exactly the type of situation where spoilers are particularly important to stay careful of, remake or not.

Next you are going to tell me rosebud is the sled and that Sheik was Zelda in disguise. 

Got to 20k feathers also. Now I need to figure out who to give it to...

Who's best choice?

Klein Def+/Spd- (For lack of colorless 5*s, Priscilla being my only one)

Palla Atk+/Spd- (To complete my Flier Emblem)

Edited by KongDude

There's people who spend thousands on this game and I feel guilty about spending $185. Even though it's money that I earned through volunteering at a variety of studies at school and I still have enough money to buy stuff I need. 

I'm a grown-ass man, I have made sure not to spend more than I could handle, and it was MY money and I had every right to spend it on whatever I wished, but I can't help feeling like a kid who spent money on things he shouldn't have. It's an uneasy feeling. 

19 minutes ago, JSND said:

Her drop got nothing on the absurd drop that Seliph faces in this game though. Its especially stupid considering that all Seliph need to git gud is a Horse

His Tyrfing is a fake. The real thing boosts Res, not Def.