Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

33 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Is there any word on Lloyd's GHB Banner? I'm collecting orbs to pull there because I ran out of luck on celica's.

= EDIT =

Also, I'm at 13K feathers. As soon as I hit 20K Cecilia will be promoted! For real!

Nice. I just promoted my neutral one a few days ago. She's been with me since the beginning and has helped out so much, I feel like she deserves it.

*Shown with horse buffs because wynaut.

Screenshot_20170518-122404.jpg

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And the game has few armors. I think that's reason enough to have given us a free Sheena or Effie.

They're extremely valuable for themeselves unlike Draug, which needs SI to be pretty good. Effie has been in a couple of focus banners as well.

= EDIT =

@Tsunami922 That's a pretty good cecilia, but why give her QR2 with LaD? Also 2k hm :D

Edited by Quintessence

7 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

They're extremely valuable for themeselves unlike Draug, which needs SI to be pretty good. Effie has been in a couple of focus banners as well.

Sheema/Sheena seems too tanky just to be given away.

Not to mention they only give out 3 stars for quests. And they're 4 star exclusive.

The only 4 star they've given out is Female Kamui for the android campaign.

Catria was an identity thing so they had to give her out as a 3 star.

Edited by shadowofchaos

They didn't have to give out 3* Catria. If they had a problem with giving out 3* versions of characters currently only available at at least 4*, they could have avoided requiring her for a quest in the first place. The fact that they were willing to give out 3* Catria shows that it's an option: they usually stick to 3* characters when possible, but 4* ones like Effie and Sheena are absolutely viable.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And the game has few armors. I think that's reason enough to have given us a free Sheena or Effie.

Gwendolyn is great not only by herself but also for Hone Armor. I'd like her to be one of the next free units as we have Gunter for Hone Cavalry.

Sheena and Effie's bases and kits are way too good just to be given out for free, though, not to mention their rarity ranges. I get Corrin (F) and Catria are exceptions, but still.

I don't know if I have spotted a problem or what, but I can't equip the HP+3 Seal despite having claimed the two that were distributed on quests. When I want to equip it to other unit I only get the option to exchange seals rather than equip them to two different units.

Just now, Quintessence said:

I don't know if I have spotted a problem or what, but I can't equip the HP+3 Seal despite having claimed the two that were distributed on quests. When I want to equip it to other unit I only get the option to exchange seals rather than equip them to two different units.

You can only have one of each seal. Duplicate seals get converted to 300 feathers.

read the reward notice next time

Draug being the only summonable sword knight probably has to do with why he's been given out twice. With lance and axe, you still get 2 options even if axe knights are rarer. With sword, your only choice is one sword knight out of a ton of reds or waiting for Zephiel's map to repeat.

Might be why Gunter was made available as a special map unit and not someone like Jagen or Sully. Before Titania, we only had 2 axe cavaliers compared to sword's 3 at launch and blue's 4 at launch. It also doesn't help that greens continue to number the lowest in unit count. I hope a 3* axe knight is added some day.

29 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

You can only have one of each seal. Duplicate seals get converted to 300 feathers.

read the reward notice next time

Really? Lol I didn't notice 0/10. i didn't notice the 300 feathers when I got them either haha

Edited by Quintessence

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Lex, Iuchar, Brighton, Hicks, Kieran… who’s left?

Duessel? I guess... Most of the others are only optional characters. Maybe some villains, but I don't remember anyone worthwhile.
Well... they made Raven an Axe user, so who knows what they'll make with non-obvious choices, like Makalov

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Lex, Iuchar, Brighton, Hicks, Kieran… who’s left?

Isn't Kieran an axe paladin?

5 minutes ago, JSND said:

I guess Duessel? Although he's a Lance tutor in story

Duessel's a great knight...

When I meant axe knight, I meant as in the armor knights like Draug, Effie, etc., not great knights or cavaliers like Frederick. Couldn't find Luchar, but all of those guys are mounted units who happen to be classed as axe knights...

Edited by Kaden

80 orbs spend on the Celica banner and the only thing I have to show for it is junk and a large amount of Wrys'

Anyway my current team of Roy/Reinhard/Raigh/Hawkeye gave me some problem in the final lunatic chapter that got added. I recently upgraded a Gordin to level 5 and I also have a Camilla and Hinoka around. Brave wielders against squishy mages seem like a good idea, but i'm not sure how good they are in these chapters. Any advice?

80 orbs spend on the Celica banner and the only thing I have to show for it is junk and a large amount of Wrys'

Anyway my current team of Roy/Reinhard/Raigh/Hawkeye gave me some problem in the final lunatic chapter that got added. I recently upgraded a Gordin to level 5 and I also have a Camilla and Hinoka around. Brave wielders against squishy mages seem like a good idea, but i'm not sure how good they are in these chapters. Any advice?

i saved 20 orbs and pulled. noteworthy pulls are leo and laslow 4* since they have quick riposte and axebreaker 3 respectively. 

I have Ryoma, Azura, Takumi, Ninian, Eliwood, Anna, Raven and Olwen as 5* I use. Which one of these would benefit the most from quick riposte?

35 minutes ago, Sasori said:

Have you tried giving allies the drag back support skill? 11-5 has a lot of dudes stuck in a box. And any C passives that buff attack can help out your brave users get the one round KO. Just remember, there's a time limit on 11-5, 6 turns to complete. So while shooting fish in a barrel is fun, it takes a while. Once you've thinned the herd, maybe send a flier in to mop up. No enemy archer in that map, just magic users.

Dalsin would be an axe armor if added, and probably Brom too because he was an Axe General in FE10. Although while both feel appropriate for 3*, there's currently no method by which characters are newly being added to the regular summon lineup at 3*, just focus units at 4* and 5*. So we'll have to see if that changes at some point.

Of course, characters can also be added through GHBs, making them available to anyone (as long as they can complete them), and those have always included a 3* version so far. Lombard seems like a likely candidate for a GHB in the future as the most notable Helswath user if they decide to add all the FE4 ultimate weapons eventually, which would certainly make him an axe armor. Xavier is another possible candidate: he's a playable character but could seem suitable for a GHB (like Navarre and Xander, he's well known for appearing as a noteworthy enemy) and while he can use four weapon types, he joins with an axe and a bow and with those as his highest weapon levels. Although having him as the first bow armor would add more to the game, really.

As Narcian and Raven show, you don't need to (primarily) use an axe in your own game to have one in Heroes, anyway, so who knows.

51 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@JSND @r4v1sh @Kaden
Oops, I screwed up! Jugdral and Tellius called mounted axemen axe knights, whereas Heroes refers as such to armoured axemen.

Dalsin and RD Brom then. Lombard with his Helswath wouldn’t be 3-star.

That sounds about right, though there are a couple other possibilities for axe armours like Murdock and Xavier (though bow armours are in shorter supply) but they don't really scream 3 stars to me. (Though a few of the mounted possibilities didn't either) Not sure who else. (I guess Danann is somewhat significant but I'd say he's redundant, though Brian I think is more interesting if we were still on the mounted thing. Harold as a reskin joke? Was he known for that?) 

9 minutes ago, goodperson707 said:

That sounds about right, though there are a couple other possibilities for axe armours like Murdock and Xavier (though bow armours are in shorter supply) but they don't really scream 3 stars to me. (Though a few of the mounted possibilities didn't either) Not sure who else. (I guess Danann is somewhat significant but I'd say he's redundant, though Brian I think is more interesting if we were still on the mounted thing. Harold as a reskin joke? Was he known for that?) 

Ooh, Murdock is another good one. With Narcian already available, he'd make perfect sense, and it'd be cool to have him on an armor team with Zephiel. And like both Narcian and Zephiel, being available through a GHB should make him available at 3*, if that counts.

Axe Armors? Are we discussing Axe Armors?

Because I know a Ludveck that could come in later, during a point in which Elincia/Geoffrey/idk who else maybe Keiran/Calill or Marcia/Makalov (or please ASTRID?DANVED) come in as a banner for a GHB