Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Ooo, Astrid would be most welcome as she's a bow knight. ("Most welcome" is such a weird, clunky phrase.)

More sword flyers would be welcome like Elincia, Tanith, or someone else preferably a wyvern rider since it's kind of weird only having wyvern riders be axe (and green tome) users when they're capable of using lances and swords. They could add 4 more versions of Camilla and it would work since she's a Malig Knight with access to axes and Anima magic and you can reclass her as a Wyvern Lord letting her use lances. We already have 2 Camillas, so why stop? Big sister army, here we goooo! :p

Seriously, though, if they did at least 3 more seasonal Camillas, then she'd cover all forms of magic. Spring Camilla is green magic, Summer Camilla is red, and Winter Camilla would be blue ice magic. Not sure about Autumn Camilla who could be a blue mage or they could have her use lances and there you go, five Camillas for all your needs.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

39 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Ooo, Astrid would be most welcome as she's a bow knight. ("Most welcome" is such a weird, clunky phrase.)

More sword flyers would be welcome like Elincia, Tanith, or someone else preferably a wyvern rider since it's kind of weird only having wyvern riders be axe (and green tome) users when they're capable of using lances and swords. They could add 4 more versions of Camilla and it would work since she's a Malig Knight with access to axes and Anima magic and you can reclass her as a Wyvern Lord letting her use lances. We already have 2 Camillas, so why stop? Big sister army, here we goooo! :p

Seriously, though, if they did at least 3 more seasonal Camillas, then she'd cover all forms of magic. Spring Camilla is green magic, Summer Camilla is red, and Winter Camilla would be blue ice magic. Not sure about Autumn Camilla who could be a blue mage or they could have her use lances and there you go, five Camillas for all your needs.

I expect Ashnard to be added eventually as a dragon knight with swords, to be able to use Gurgurant. Similarly, when they dig further into FE4, Altenna and Travant make sense to include as dragon knights with lances to use Gae Bolg and Gungnir.

As for tome fliers, Aversa will probably cover red at some point, perhaps with Goetia. It's not as exciting as other ultimate weapons, but more ultimate weapons is always cool. Not sure about blue, though. Perhaps Sumia, since she can naturally promote to Dark Flier?

Edited by Othin

Not too long ago, I decided that with all the 3-star Donnels I'd gotten from summoning that I'd just merge them into one 3-star conglomerate.

Including the free one we got from the seals quest, he is now +6. And this isn't including the three-star Donnels (or Donnel in general) that I've pulled before the conglomerate. What the fuck, man.

Edited by Sunwoo

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Not too long ago, I decided that with all the 3-star Donnels I'd gotten from summoning that I'd just merge them into one 3-star conglomerate.

Including the free one we got from the seals quest, he is now +6. And this isn't including the three-star Donnels (or Donnel in general) that I've pulled before the conglomerate. What the fuck, man.

I have enough materials to make a 4 star +6 Olivia (would've been 9 with the other 2 I merged before I promoted her from 4 stars)

#BootlegFiveStarsOP

Well, if I ever wanted to promote that Donnel, he'd only cost me 1100 feathers to do so. I don't really have a reason to promote him, though, so maybe I'll wait to see if I can actually get him to be +10.

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I have enough materials to make a 4 star +6 Olivia (would've been 9 with the other 2 I merged before I promoted her from 4 stars)

#BootlegFiveStarsOP

Oh, so I'm not the only one going for the OP 4* strategy, then? In my case, I have enough for a +7 Hana... I just haven't decided her skillset yet. I could go the Olivia route too, but I'm still not conviced it's worth it, really (I have another dancer already)

Edited by r4v1sh

15 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

have you gotten the free ones from the hero battles? it'd cost around 400 feathers to add those to the pile if you haven't already

Edited by unique

I'm at a loss over if I should spend the feathers to 5* Xander now or wait for Camus or do something impulsive and wasteful like making Jeorge +1

6 minutes ago, unique said:

have you gotten the free ones from the hero battles? it'd cost around 400 feathers to add those to the pile if you haven't already

I think I might've gotten rid of them, actually.

6 minutes ago, komasa said:

I'm at a loss over if I should spend the feathers to 5* Xander now or wait for Camus or do something impulsive and wasteful like making Jeorge +1

If you don't need any other units, make Jeorge plus one and be done with it

Camus counters reds and has distant counter

Xander counters greens and has distant counter

So what do you need more for your team? But if you're promoting them just cause, I'd go Xander because I like him more

13 minutes ago, komasa said:

5* Lloyd! Toothless swordmaster is best swordmaster.

21 minutes ago, komasa said:

I upgraded Xander and was plenty happy with the decision, and I'm expecting to have plenty of feathers to upgrade Camus as well when he's released so I can use them together.

29 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

5* Lloyd! Toothless swordmaster is best swordmaster.

This made me wonder something: has Fire Emblem ever had a really, really old swordmaster character? I can think of old knights and mages like Athos, Duessel, Gunter, Jagen, Lorenz, Nomah, Wrys, and Xavier, but I can't think of a swordmaster like the old dude from Kill Bill -- still have to watch that someday. The closest I can think of is Dayan and Binding Blade Karel and they're middle-aged. Then again, my knowledge of Fire Emblem games starts around Blazing Sword, so... yeah.

Edited by Kaden

I completed all but the last map of chapter 11 on lunatic, but that last one is just impossible for me. My units can't damage the opponents enough and for some reason you only get 6 turns (I don't remember this limit being there in normal mode). That's just not cool at all, I'm using the strongest units I possibly can (5 star lv. 40 with the right color weapons and a bunch of skills).

Oh well, I got a few of the quest orbs out of it at least.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I completed all but the last map of chapter 11 on lunatic, but that last one is just impossible for me. My units can't damage the opponents enough and for some reason you only get 6 turns (I don't remember this limit being there in normal mode). That's just not cool at all, I'm using the strongest units I possibly can (5 star lv. 40 with the right color weapons and a bunch of skills).

The limit was there, but it's less annoying since the units are easier to beat, so you likely just didn't notice it. 

I hate time limits, too. I'd be fine if it wasn't there. As it is, I'm going to follow an online strategy when I can get my brain in gear enough to follow along -.-

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I completed all but the last map of chapter 11 on lunatic, but that last one is just impossible for me. My units can't damage the opponents enough and for some reason you only get 6 turns.

Those Spur buffs are a pain to deal with, especially with Distant Defense.

Bait and kill Bruno first, since you can get him without drawing aggro from the rest of the group. After that, break either side of the walls to encourage the rest of the enemies to break rank and spread out, which makes them much easier to kill.

There's always Mkv if it's an issue.

7 minutes ago, Kaden said:

This made me wonder something: has Fire Emblem ever had a really, really old swordmaster character? I can think of old knights and mages like Athos, Duessel, Gunter, Jagen, Lorenz, Nomah, Wrys, and Xavier, but I can't think of a swordmaster like the old dude from Kill Bill -- still have to watch that someday. The closest I can think of is Dayan and Binding Blade Karel and they're middle-aged. Then again, my knowledge of Fire Emblem games starts around Blazing Sword, so... yeah.

Hmm, you're right, I don't think I remember a single swordmaster that's actually old. The oldest might be Karel or Eyvel... But then, there's few old people at all on the series, right? I guess it goes with the "build your team from lvl 1" playstale. Most old people are pre-promotes that join you later on the game, after all.

5 hours ago, Quintessence said:

They're extremely valuable for themeselves unlike Draug, which needs SI to be pretty good. Effie has been in a couple of focus banners as well.

= EDIT =

@Tsunami922 That's a pretty good cecilia, but why give her QR2 with LaD? Also 2k hm :D

I had TA3 there at first, but I like the extra speed and power, so I'm having trouble decidong what to go with.

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Those Spur buffs are a pain to deal with, especially with Distant Defense.

Bait and kill Bruno first, since you can get him without drawing aggro from the rest of the group. After that, break either side of the walls to encourage the rest of the enemies to break rank and spread out, which makes them much easier to kill.

There's always Mkv if it's an issue.

Maybe. I'll see if I feel like trying it again in the future.

After seeing Phoenixmaster's Camilla build I decided to replicate it after having her on the bench for so long. The only thing is she had no spare SP to spare so I had to grind up tonnes of SP, she's almost done now at least, I just need to grind for Axebreaker. But it is nice to have another good axe user.

1 hour ago, komasa said:

I'm hoping they will announce the next schedule for the upcoming GHBs soon, it might be worth seeing if they do.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I had trouble with that even with a bunch of 5*s. Dealing with the mages in their whole enclosure area is tricky and can require particular abilities (ranged attacks, fliers, movement assists) that may require dipping into 4*s for their specific abilities rather than raw stats.

You have both m!Robin and f!Robin trained up, right? Do you have any red mages trained?

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

I had trouble with that even with a bunch of 5*s. Dealing with the mages in their whole enclosure area is tricky and can require particular abilities (ranged attacks, fliers, movement assists) that may require dipping into 4*s for their specific abilities rather than raw stats.

You have both m!Robin and f!Robin trained up, right? Do you have any red mages trained?

Lilina is my only trained red mage.

3 hours ago, Tsunami922 said:

I had TA3 there at first, but I like the extra speed and power, so I'm having trouble decidong what to go with.

Thing is Quick Riposte doesn't synergize positively with Life and Death because Quick Riposte requires enemies to attack her which is not the idea of the build since her defenses are lowered and she won't handle attacks quite consistently if not for WTA or Fortify Cavalry. My advice is run a breaker skill, vantage or something else. Gronnraven and Triangle Adept work well with Quick Riposte, though.

26 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Thing is Quick Riposte doesn't synergize positively with Life and Death because Quick Riposte requires enemies to attack her which is not the idea of the build since her defenses are lowered and she won't handle attacks quite consistently if not for WTA or Fortify Cavalry. My advice is run a breaker skill, vantage or something else. Gronnraven and Triangle Adept work well with Quick Riposte, though.

Which breaker skill would you recommend?