Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

12 minutes ago, immatx said:

Oooooh Ninian banner. But is it worth burning all my orbs for.....

Yes. 

Hmmm, choices, choices....

I know I'm pulling Blues and Colorless for Hinoka and Klein. (I wouldn't mind additional Ninians either)

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I'm so tempted to pull for Klein but I'm holding off for the special banner. I don't want to miss out on limited characters (especially if they're handsome guys in suits). I have to keep telling myself Klein is a 4* unit and he will drop eventually -.-

2 hours ago, JSND said:

Threaten ATK: He had high RES and LOW DEF so lets put Threaten ATK

Pass: Go read the script of FE7 chapter 24 again and tell me Pass did not fit him

I mean.... he's a fucking assassin at the end of the day.

Iceberg made sense for obvious reason but this kinda give hints that Linus would probably have Bonfire though

That being said isn't Lloyd's pretty decent? Regal Blade essentially put him at 50 Attack and 37 Speed. Thats exactly 1 speed higher but otherwise identical to Lucina. Lucina and Hana is still better according to calcs and ability to use Braves since they did not have weapon oriented stats inflation but though

Ah. I guess that makes sense. I haven't seen his max stats yet. But, I wasn't expecting his defense to be rather on the low side. It's cool that the pass skill is related to what he does in the original rather than just be randomly added.

In fact, I'm interested to see if I can make pass more viable. A challenge you can say. I might swap threaten Atk though. I'll just have to see. But yeah, Lloyd seems decent. A high-res sword unit. That's actually cool.

I kind of feel bad for Fir now. Lloyd basically had 1 point removed from resistance and speed and 4 points removed from defense and had those added to his attack along with an additional point for attack. This is also not considering that he has his Regal Blade, a 16 MT weapon, that also boosts his attack and speed by 2 when he's at full health. Fir's only notable strength over Lloyd is 4 more defense which in some circumstances, becomes moot because of Lloyd's Threaten Attack. Oh, and the fact you can summon her as a 3*, but if you wanted a high resistance sword unit, you also have Caeda, Eirika, Eliwood, Selena, etc. Caeda in particular has similar stats as well, but is a flyer, so... yeah.

It's kind of like a reverse Navarre situation.

Speaking of reds, I've not seen a red orb for 3 summons now. Now, I shall proceed to cry in a corner as I'm still haunted by the fact I only have 2 red mages and they're the starter ones everyone has or had. At least I got another Titania? Please, whatever bride or groom unit, be a red mage so I can once again hope for another red mage and inevitably be denied one once more... ;_;

Edited by Kaden

I hope we get the daily orbs back. I'm stuck at 17 orbs after using the 20 from the voting gauntlet on the GHB banner. Totally worth it as I got Klein. I need to stock up to at least try for the upcoming wedding banner. I didn't get any of the spring units and I'm hoping that RNG will bless me with at least one of the limited time units this round. 

Can someone stop me from sacrificing Takumi and Mist for Close Counter & Spur Def/Res2 and making this the most costly healer build there is? I might be insane, but somehow this sounds like a good idea to me >_<

Here is my clear of Lloyd's Lunatic. Because HORSE EMBLEM is ridic.

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

Ok this GHB was easier than what I expected. So here's my step by step clear on Lunatic.

Team

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20170519-085733.png

Screenshot_20170519-085738.png

Screenshot_20170519-085743.png

Screenshot_20170519-085748.png

Strategy

Hide contents

Turn 1

Use this formation to get hone and fortify buffs on Cecilia to lure and kill the bow knight

Screenshot_20170519-085815.png

The mage should rally and the bow knight should attack her

Screenshot_20170519-085834.png

Cecilia kills the bow knight in one round, ready to proc Glimmer

Enemies move and next turn comes this way.

Turn 2

Screenshot_20170519-085845.png

The idea is now retreating to kill the axe pegasus with Stahl. Hone and Goad Cavalry should kill it.

I moved my units this way to avoid the clusterfuck of Lloyd and company.

Screenshot_20170519-090008.png

Peg reaches Stahl and this happens

Screenshot_20170519-090013.png

Rekt

The rest of enemies move and do dumb positioning.

Turn 3

Screenshot_20170519-090023.png

This is how turn 3 starts, and now I move my enemies on the enemy range border to take advantage of the buffs and Goad Cavalry, as shown in the following screenshot:

Screenshot_20170519-090147.png

Enemies move again and come closer, and this is how turn 4 starts.

Turn 4

Screenshot_20170519-090219.png

At this point, now I throw my forces to them. Goad!Abel kills the lance cav

Screenshot_20170519-090238.png

Cecilia Glimmer kills the mage

Screenshot_20170519-090251.png

And Rein one rounds Lloyd

Screenshot_20170519-090312.png

And with this, the Stage is Cleared!

Also, first try on this banner and I got a +HP -ATK Ninian! Any advice on SI for her? I want to make her a support unit rather than an attacker.

1 minute ago, Birdy said:

Can someone stop me from sacrificing Takumi and Mist for Close Counter & Spur Def/Res2 and making this the most costly healer build there is? I might be insane, but somehow this sounds like a good idea to me >_<

I don't think Close counter is a great idea. With only 14 def and 36 hp, you only need 50 atk to OHKO so he won't be getting to use it much. I guess it can help against manaketes but not much else. 

26 minutes ago, Noble Of Pherae said:

Lloyd's a decent enough unit, his voice and map sprite are nice too. Wish he wasn't so ugly...

I've been closing my eyes and listening to his voice. The sprite is so cute. His stats are pretty good. Why did they have to ruin the last bit...? Urgh -.-

I just try to focus on his sprite and avert my eyes from the art.

They clearly know what color scheme he's supposed to have, and the artist had to have seen him to make the grey-but-otherwise-identical version of his outfit. I don't understand how this happened.

7 hours ago, Birdy said:

I'd honestly put Minerva over Raven as the best offensive axe unit. While he does have more base strength and speed, Minerva has a great personal weapon and Life or Death.

Brave Axe+ is quite a bit better than super killer axe on a offensive unit, and Raven's offensive stat advantage is so big that Fury 3 gives him better offenses than L&D 3 Minerva. Minerva has more set options due to her Prf and good stat spread, but for pure offenses, Raven is pretty much strictly better.

In any case, if we ignore starting sets, Minerva's advantage is Prf weapon versus Raven's +3/+2 offenses. -1 cd, 8 MT, and +5 speed simply isn't strong enough to beat double hit from brave, I think. (The -1cd is neutralized via double hit, 8 MT and speed kind of goes together: Minerva needs to double, Raven needs to fail to double, and Raven's first two hits need to miss the KO for the 8 MT and 5 speed to matter, in which case Minerva deals 16 more damage, otherwise Raven beats her due to hitting twice vs. once or four times vs. twice.)

I'm discounting their movement type differences here, since you won't see Raven on a flying team and being able to move over anything for being KOd by all archers (and occasionally Merric) is probably pretty balanced in terms of trade-offs.

14 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Brave Axe+ is quite a bit better than super killer axe on a offensive unit, and Raven's offensive stat advantage is so big that Fury 3 gives him better offenses than L&D 3 Minerva. Minerva has more set options due to her Prf and good stat spread, but for pure offenses, Raven is pretty much strictly better.

In any case, if we ignore starting sets, Minerva's advantage is Prf weapon versus Raven's +3/+2 offenses. -1 cd, 8 MT, and +5 speed simply isn't strong enough to beat double hit from brave, I think. (The -1cd is neutralized via double hit, 8 MT and speed kind of goes together: Minerva needs to double, Raven needs to fail to double, and Raven's first two hits need to miss the KO for the 8 MT and 5 speed to matter, in which case Minerva deals 16 more damage, otherwise Raven beats her due to hitting twice vs. once or four times vs. twice.)

I'm discounting their movement type differences here, since you won't see Raven on a flying team and being able to move over anything for being KOd by all archers (and occasionally Merric) is probably pretty balanced in terms of trade-offs.

I'm not disagreeing on the fact that Raven has better offense, though slightly and only on player phase, than Minerva, but I classify Minerva as a offensive unit, and as a whole is better than Raven. With the Brave Axe, he indeed does more damage on the player phase, but deals much less on enemy phase while also having lower speed and worse defensive stats (-7 defense).  

29 minutes ago, Birdy said:

I'm not disagreeing on the fact that Raven has better offense, though slightly and only on player phase, than Minerva, but I classify Minerva as a offensive unit, and as a whole is better than Raven. With the Brave Axe, he indeed does more damage on the player phase, but deals much less on enemy phase while also having lower speed and worse defensive stats (-7 defense).  

Raven with Fury 3 has better offenses and defenses compared to Minerva.

On offense:

Minerva with Haut, L&D, Draconic Aura, +Spd (better than +Atk vs. default units):

82 wins, 5 losses, 43 draws. (78 W, 4 L for +Atk)

Minerva with Brave Axe+, L&D, Luna, +Spd (better than +Atk vs. default units):

85 wins, 9 losses, 36 draws. (83 W, 8 L for +Atk)

Raven with Silver Axe, Fury 3, Moonbow, +Spd (better than +Atk vs. default units):

77 wins, 3 losses, 50 draws. (75 W, 3L for +Atk)

Raven with Brave Axe+, Fury 3, Luna, +Spd (comparable wins to +Atk, 2 less losses):

86 wins, 5 losses, 37 draws. (86 W 7 L for +Atk)

Raven with Brave Axe+, L&D, Luna (Draconic Aura seems to give near identical performance), +Atk:

95 wins, 13 losses, 22 draws. (94 W, 14 L for +Spd)

On defense:

Minerva with Haut, L&D, Draconic Aura, +Spd:

41 wins, 14 losses, 75 draws (38 W 14 L for +Atk)

Minerva with Brave Axe+, L&D, Luna, +Spd:

8 wins, 16 losses, 106 draws (11 W 20 L for +Spd)

Raven with Brave Axe+, L&D, Luna, +Atk:

14 wins, 25 losses, 91 draws (15 W 22 L for +spd)

Raven with Silver Axe, Fury 3, Moonbow, +Spd:

35 wins, 4 losses, 91 draws (34 W, 4 L for +Atk)

Raven with Brave Axe+, Fury 3, Luna, +Spd:

8 wins, 6 losses, 116 draws (13 W 9 L for +Atk)

Silver Axe Raven is marginally worse than Haut Minerva on offensive, in return for being almost indestructible. Fury 3 Brave Axe+ Raven has better offenses than all Minerva variants, and offers Silver Axe level of indestructibility on EP---at the cost of lacking counter-kill potential.

Minerva with Haut only outperforms Raven in the counter-kill department, while having worse offenses (L&D and Fury 3 Raven with Brave Axe+ both beat it) and worse bulk (Fury 3 Raven with Silver or Brave both out-bulk).

Edit: Haut with Fury 3 Minerva gains Raven levels of bulk, in return for going down to about 68 wins on offense. Notably, Bonfire outperforms Draconic with Fury 3, due to +8 def and -2 Atk.

Edited by DehNutCase

3 hours ago, Birdy said:

Well Wrathfull staff is mostly useless on any healers outside of Horse-Emblem buff. Elise and Priscilla can be a threat with it, everyone else? uh not so much. Thats my opinion though

8 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Well Wrathfull staff is mostly useless on any healers outside of Horse-Emblem buff. Elise and Priscilla can be a threat with it, everyone else? uh not so much. Thats my opinion though

Being able to chip at 2 range is pretty decent considering a healer is still a healer. Healers' main problem was that a good offensive unit with crappy healing (reciprocal, ardent, breath of life) was better than a good healer without offenses. A crappy offensive unit with good healing should be pretty decent in arena---a physical heavy lineup, for example, would very much appreciate a healer that can provide magical chip when needed.

The healer's job is still to heal, but they can actually do things when they're not healing with wrathful staff.

Just now, DehNutCase said:

Being able to chip at 2 range is pretty decent considering a healer is still a healer. Healers' main problem was that a good offensive unit with crappy healing (reciprocal, ardent, breath of life) was better than a good healer without offenses. A crappy offensive unit with good healing should be pretty decent in arena---a physical heavy lineup, for example, would very much appreciate a healer that can provide magical chip when needed.

The healer's job is still to heal, but they can actually do things when they're not healing with wrathful staff.

I disagree. In an Arena meta with 1 Round KOs and warping Azuras/Ninians/whatever with wings of mercy, a Wrathfull staff Healer that cant punch in enough attack power will hurt you more. Dont get me wrong I appreciate the skill and i use my Priscilla with it on my horse-emblem team and she has finished quiet alot of units with it, but on infantery healers it has been so far mostly useless.

Now if Healers could use skills like Fury/Life and Death/Death Blow on their A-Slot skill it would be a different thing.

Man, I don't know what to do with Draug. He's just... there. The 2 most significant things I've done with him is giving Hana a Brave Sword and Buckler and giving Zephiel Ward Armor. Otherwise, he's simply just there. TAKING UP SPACE.

I know Silith13 posted a build about Draug, but... the resources. Still wondering if I should use the +Def, -Res Draug or use neutral Draug. Starting to feel like I maybe should have used neutral 2* Draug to get skills for 3* +Def, -Res Draug...

On another note, it would be hilarious if one of the wedding banner units was Hawkeye and all he wore was a bowtie and shirt cuffs. Oh, and pants of course. :p

30 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Raven with Fury 3 has better offenses and defenses compared to Minerva.

Calcs:

Silver Axe Raven is marginally worse than Haut Minerva on offensive, in return for being almost indestructible. Fury 3 Brave Axe+ Raven has better offenses than all Minerva variants, and offers Silver Axe level of indestructibility on EP---at the cost of lacking counter-kill potential.

Minerva with Haut only outperforms Raven in the counter-kill department, while having worse offenses (L&D and Fury 3 Raven with Brave Axe+ both beat it) and worse bulk (Fury 3 Raven with Silver or Brave both out-bulk).

I'm not sure where/how you did these calculations. Using http://andyiverson.me/apps/fehmasssimulator/ on your very first calculation of Minerva gives me a different score (70W-5L-41D) than the one that showed up with yours. I could be using a wrong/old calculator however.

Fury 3 Really gives the best of both worlds. You said Raven was practically indestructable with it on defence and with a Silver axe, but Minerva only has 1 more death when giving her Fury 3, while being supsceptible to Bows and still having the advantage of being a flier and potentially having flier buffs. 

I'm not really into doing all these calculations though, partially because I find them to be lacking on multiple fronts (always assuming fighting 'default' units for example) and because I kinda want to put my time into playing Echoes >.>

Edited by Birdy

1 minute ago, Birdy said:

I'm not sure where/how you did these calculations. Using http://andyiverson.me/apps/fehmasssimulator/ on your very first calculation of Minerva gives me a different score (70W-5L-41D) than the one that showed up with yours. I could be using a wrong/old calculator however.

Fury 3 Really gives the best of both worlds. You said Raven was practically indestructable with it on defence and with a Silver axe, but giving Minerva only has 1 more death when giving her Fury 3, while being supsceptible to Bows and still having the advantage of being a flier and potentially having flier buffs. 

I'm not really into doing all these calculations though, partially because I find them to be lacking on multiple fronts (always assuming fighting 'default' units for example) and because I kinda want to put my time into playing Echoes >.>

I use https://rocketmo.github.io/feh-damage-calc/, and the absolute numbers tend to be a bit different because, IRRC, they have different amount of characters included at base. (I think this one includes healers by default, and your doesn't by default).

Note that the calculations can be modified to include inheritance and other natures (overrides option for mine, and there's a section for it for yous). I usually don't bother since looking at default sets gives you a good estimate of what a set would do vs. possible arena sets---Minerva suffers a bit compared to Raven here because bow weakness means more optimized bows would demolish her---mostly brave bow inheritances, she's fast enough to avoid doubles, but not bulky enough to survive 2x hits from a L&D/DB3 bow user---and they both get slightly less bulky/good at killing things after other people get their A-slot stat skills etc.

And yes, with Flier buffs Minerva probably pulls ahead, but that's a flying thing rather than a 'offensive axe unit' thing. You wouldn't consider Raven for a flying team, just like how you wouldn't consider Minerva for horse emblem.

A team with Ephraim/Eirika as buff bots, for example, tend to prefer infantry---not because of movement type mattering, but because infantry has the greatest number of units, meaning a unit that fits the niche needed is probably infantry. In this case, Raven would be preferred if flying mobility is not needed due to his better stat spread, so, given the same buffs, he'd be a bit better.

4 hours ago, Birdy said:

THAT'S NOT ELISE!

Well. . .I'm only half-joking.  Elise WITHOUT Wrathful Staff, on an offense-oriented horse team and some contrived skills, can ORKO certain things with Assault.  With the following conditions met:

- +Atk/-Res
- Assault
- (I guess Miracle)
- Close Counter
- Wrathful Staff 3
- Hone Cavalry
- Two Goad Cavalry in range

the only units she fails to outright murder are vanilla Zephiel, Effie, Hector, Ryoma, and Raigh.

IMO Lucius' defenses are too low to warrant Close Counter.

I just learned that Bartre comes with a Brave Axe in Binding Blade. Bartre in Heroes has a Hammer... I have a lot of Barsts... Maybe it's time for Bartre to reclaim what is rightfully his. >_>

5 hours ago, Kiran said:

I hope we get the daily orbs back. I'm stuck at 17 orbs after using the 20 from the voting gauntlet on the GHB banner. Totally worth it as I got Klein. I need to stock up to at least try for the upcoming wedding banner. I didn't get any of the spring units and I'm hoping that RNG will bless me with at least one of the limited time units this round. 

Yeah. No daily orbs sucks. I'm used to hoarding, but it feels strange trying hoard when there's barely any orb influx at all. It's like I'm sitting on 20 orbs just because.
I try not to summon if I don't have at least 80 (it feels horrible to lose those 0.75%~1.25% when the summoning banner rotates). Now I have no idea when that will be.

I have a very important question to ask. What do y'all think the chances of Erk, Ayra, Ferry, or Mia being added any time soon?

I'm not sure if I should summon now or wait, as these are the characters I want most. None of them seem like they'll be in the next batch, but I want a second opinion before I burn through my orbs.