Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

9 minutes ago, immatx said:

I have a very important question to ask. What do y'all think the chances of Erk, Ayra, Ferry, or Mia being added any time soon?

I'm not sure if I should summon now or wait, as these are the characters I want most. None of them seem like they'll be in the next batch, but I want a second opinion before I burn through my orbs. 

Low. The next Tellius banner will probably focus on the Dawn Brigade, so it'll probably be a while before we get a third one with other characters like Mia. Erk probably won't be anytime soon either because we already had plenty of FE7 characters to start and got more in the Blazing Shadows banner. Similarly, Ayra and Ferry seem unlikely until we start digging a ways into FE4 Gen 1. Ayra is one of the more prominent characters in FE4 Gen 1, but I don't think she'll be in the first banner: that one seems more likely to be Sigurd/Dierdre/Quan/Ethlyn. So I'd expect it'll be months before any of those show up. (I'm not sure if Erk and Ferry will be in at all; it depends on how complete they go. Ayra and Mia should be safe bets eventually, just not particularly soon.)

Edited by Othin

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Low. The next Tellius banner will probably focus on the Dawn Brigade, so it'll probably be a while before we get a third one with other characters like Mia. Erk probably won't be anytime soon either because we already had plenty of FE7 characters to start and got more in the Blazing Shadows banner. Similarly, Ayra and Ferry seem unlikely until we start digging a ways into FE4 Gen 1. Ayra is one of the more prominent characters in FE4 Gen 1, but I don't think she'll be in the first banner: that one seems more likely to be Sigurd/Dierdre/Quan/Ethlyn. So I'd expect it'll be months before any of those show up.

Ok, thanks. This is pretty much what I was expecting, but I've been hoping they come sooner. 

16 minutes ago, immatx said:

I have a very important question to ask. What do y'all think the chances of Erk, Ayra, Ferry, or Mia being added any time soon?

I'm not sure if I should summon now or wait, as these are the characters I want most. None of them seem like they'll be in the next batch, but I want a second opinion before I burn through my orbs. 

That's a tough question, really. We have had no mention of these characters coming at all.

There are currently three different lords missing in Heroes: Micaiah, Sigurd and Leif, from Radiance, Genealogy and Thracia. I'd say they're likely to be added sometime in the next few months. There will also probably be a banner dedicated to their next title, Fire Emblem Warriors, which I think is scheduled to be released by the end of 2017, but I don't really know much about the title in itself.

All in all, I think the chances of Mia and Erk being added are rather slim, while Ayra and (not likely)Ferry could come in Sigurds banner, if that really happens. But I wouldn't bet on it. I think the important thing is starting to save orbs just after you get a 5*, not to waste too much .25% bonuses. And save like mad as soon as you hear anything about genealogy (in case Ayra indeed gets added along with Sigurd).

Edited by r4v1sh

You know. I have a theory. A Game Theory! The arena season ends in three days right? And new bonus units to gain higher scores are announced for the next season right? Well. My theory is that a "special banner" announcement may come in those three days. Like how IS trolled gave us the hero fest banner a few days after world of radiance. This is just a stretch. If this is the case, believe once more in Ike's great words; prepare yourself!

1 minute ago, GrimmLow said:

You know. I have a theory. A Game Theory! The arena season ends in three days right? And new bonus units to gain higher scores are announced for the next season right? Well. My theory is that a "special banner" announcement may come in those three days. Like how IS trolled gave us the hero fest banner a few days after world of radiance. This is just a stretch. If this is the case, believe once more in Ike's great words; prepare yourself!

Bonus units in the arena are good for 2 seasons. So the current bonus units will be the bonus units for the next season. And the Hero Fest banner happened because it was Golden Week in Japan IIRC AND the units on the Hero Fest banner weren't featured as bonus units in the arena either. Not saying they couldn't launch Vortex Mode next week alongside a banner, but there's nothing currently that's pointing to a new banner in the coming days.

12 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

That's a tough question, really. We have had no mention of these characters coming at all.

There are currently three different lords missing in Heroes: Micaiah, Sigurd and Leif, from Radiance, Genealogy and Thracia. I'd say they're likely to be added sometime in the next few months. There will also probably be a banner dedicated to their next title, Fire Emblem Warriors, which I think is scheduled to be released by the end of 2017, but I don't really know much about the title in itself.

All in all, I think the chances of Mia and Erk being added are rather slim, while Ayra and (not likely)Ferry could come in Sigurds banner, if that really happens. But I wouldn't bet on it. I think the important thing is starting to save orbs just after you get a 5*, not to waste too much .25% bonuses. And save like mad as soon as you hear anything about genealogy (in case Ayra indeed gets added along with Sigurd).

Yeah that makes sense. Warriors is the dungeon crawler one right? That'll be....interesting. Luckily (or unluckily) for me I haven't played a ton of the FE games so I don't have that many characters I really want, so it shouldn't be too hard to save. So do u not think Ferry will come at all? It makes sense that she'd be a late addition but I was under the impression they plan on adding everyone eventually. 

9 hours ago, Arcanite said:

For the record, I let Gordin die and used Jeorge for the rest of the game

But yeah, you're right. 4 star Xander isn't exactly the best thing since sliced bread. But if you do 5 star him, he can put in MAD work, especially on a defense tile with Vantage or Quick Riposte. Here's his build of you want it!

You monster

I've actually have already skillsetted him with Fury 3, QR2 and Moonbow (I was really looking forward to him). All he missing is L'Sieg, and his 4* version is making me question the skill investment lol. I'll brood over it a little more x'D. 

1 minute ago, komasa said:

I've actually have already skillsetted him with Fury 3, QR2 and Moonbow (I was really looking forward to him). All he missing is L'Sieg, and his 4* version is making me question the skill investment lol. I'll brood over it a little more x'D. 

Xander is absolutely worth the bump to 5*. Without Siegfried, he is very underwhelming otherwise. The biggest quality of life upgrades you get as a direct result of bumping him for his sword are:

• His Atk jumps from an underwhelming 41 to a threatening 48, which adds as much as 14 extra damage to his Quick Riposte counterattacks. With Fury, that shoots up to 51 Atk, letting him ORKO 40 HP / 29 Def and anything less bulky, at any range.
  • As mentioned before, he can now counter at any range, while hitting twice. Frail mages like Nino and Julia pose less of a threat to him as he can OHKO on the counter, which makes him less prone to getting pot-shotted.
  • 40 Def has an effective 52 Def on a defense tile, which are very likely to come back next week. +Atk Lucina with Fury 3 does 4 damage to him. 4. His Res even gets a sizeable boost to avoid key one-shots as well.

Xander was my bonus unit this season, and after going deathless pretty easily I have to say that he would not have been nearly as effective as only a 4*.

Listen to your heart. Make your husbando complete!

The choice is yours at the end of the day though, but you won't regret promoting him, I guarantee it.

10 minutes ago, immatx said:

Yeah that makes sense. Warriors is the dungeon crawler one right? That'll be....interesting. Luckily (or unluckily) for me I haven't played a ton of the FE games so I don't have that many characters I really want, so it shouldn't be too hard to save. So do u not think Ferry will come at all? It makes sense that she'd be a late addition but I was under the impression they plan on adding everyone eventually. 

Well... I think Ferry is pretty low priority, seeing as, up until now, the whole Genealogy seems low priority. But really, I didn't expect Clair appearing on Alm's banner either, so, if she came, I wouldn't be that surprised. The thing about pegasi (and armors, and even wyverns) is that so few of them are actually "main characters" in their own stories, that, if they really want to push them as a archetype in Heroes, they'll have to add minor ones sometime.

About Warriors: I just saw a promotional video of Chrom bashing loads of enemies Dynasty Warriors style. Is that real? Was it trolling? Is that real? Did I ask if that's real? Cause I'm really really surprised :blink:

7 minutes ago, komasa said:

You monster

>Has a FULLY built Xander

>Wants to brood over it a little more

Komasa...

PROMOTE THIS MAN!

The only other reason why you wouldn't promote him right now, is if you have someone else better and don't need it

13 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

>Has a FULLY built Xander

>Wants to brood over it a little more

Komasa...

PROMOTE THIS MAN!

The only other reason why you wouldn't promote him right now, is if you have someone else better and don't need it

No, it's because Xander is a trash husbando and has a bad personality

So, guys, my new Klein is +spd -atk. Yeah, I know that's pretty bad, but he's the only Klein I've ever got. Can I still make this work even if his nature is bad? For what it's worth, he's most likely going to be on a team with Oboro, who's likely to keep her seal def skill.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm thinking of giving Xander Distant Def instead of Fury. Have to pick between that and getting a +2 Celica.

Are you going to sacrifice all the benefits that Ragnarok gives you to buttress XANDER?

FATHER CAN'T BE EVILLLLLLLLLLLL

but really that does sound like a good idea. wish i had celica

8 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

No, it's because Xander is a trash husbando and has a bad personality

Sounds like a personal problem

Psh

Well if you don't want him, Komasa can have him anyway! Also, talking about your ex-husbando that way definitely isn't nice >:(

I hope Komasa runs into your arena team and purposely kills everyone with Xander

I'm thinking of giving Xander Distant Def instead of Fury. Have to pick between that and getting a +2 Celica.

The Strategists have thought about such a thing ourselves. It seems especially broken with fortify Cavalry

I say screw it and go for +2 Celica

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

The Strategists have thought about such a thing ourselves. It seems especially broken with fortify Cavalry

I say screw it and go for +2 Celica

I feel like unless you're running Horse Emblem, Fury doesn't do Xander that much good anyway. It breaks QR faster, but I guess it activates Vantage faster.

4 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Are you going to sacrifice all the benefits that Ragnarok gives you to buttress XANDER?

FATHER CAN'T BE EVILLLLLLLLLLLL

but really that does sound like a good idea. wish i had celica

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170519-022146_zpshmxblcjv.p

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I feel like unless you're running Horse Emblem, Fury doesn't do Xander that much good anyway.

Yeah

No

My brother literally puts fury vantage Xander on a defense tile and wins

Even without the defense tile he puts in work.

Besides, Fury Xander = TWENTY DAMAGE Bonfire

#BUSTED

It may break QR faster, which is why I prefer Vantage anyway

Probably. The other one belongs to Vaximillian I think. I let a +Atk -Def one slip by though.

You let mine slip too ;) #ImHappyIGaveYouThoseSacrifices

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

Dang... what do I need to do to join this club?

Sharena Anna Rezzy and Rezenator all have their own sacrifices, but for SoySoy I just put Soy Sauce on an alter and let it dry

Next time I'm drinking a cup of Soy milk for extra assurance

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Yeah

No

My brother literally puts fury vantage Xander on a defense tile and wins

Even without the defense tile he puts in work.

Besides, Fury Xander = TWENTY DAMAGE Bonfire

#BUSTED

It may break QR faster, which is why I prefer Vantage anyway

You let mine slip too ;) #ImHappyIGaveYouThoseSacrifices

Apparently sacrifices work on me, I guess.

Have Camus' stats been hacked yet? Maybe if he has better mixed bulk, he would prefer Distant Def over Fury?

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Have Camus' stats been hacked yet? Maybe if he has better mixed bulk, he would prefer Distant Def over Fury?

I remember seeing it a while ago, but I'm not sure its confirmed

From what I remember its basically the same as Xander except maybe more speed and a little more res or something. Otherwise they're basically the same thing. They'll likely run the same sets :D:

Just now, Arcanite said:

I remember seeing it a while ago, but I'm not sure its confirmed

From what I remember its basically the same as Xander except maybe more speed and a little more res or something. Otherwise they're basically the same thing. They'll likely run the same sets :D:

Camus is better