• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I remember seeing it a while ago, but I'm not sure its confirmed

From what I remember its basically the same as Xander except maybe more speed and a little more res or something. Otherwise they're basically the same thing. They'll likely run the same sets :D:

Bleh...

Maybe I will just get that +2 after all.

Also I like Camus more now.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

So, guys, no advice for Klein?

-Atk Klein could still be used

Is he 4 star or 5 star?

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Maybe I will just get that +2 after all.

Take a picture!

Just now, Arcanite said:

-Atk Klein could still be used

Is he 4 star or 5 star?

Currently, he's a 4-star, but he is going to get promoted at some point.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Currently, he's a 4-star, but he is going to get promoted at some point.

Yeah I'd wait for a better one if you're going to promote him too

Just eat him up for that Death Blow Fodder. Or you can keep him and have him inherit skills if you pull a better Klein

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I don't know how to feel knowing I have nobody (at the moment) with Close or Distant Counter. ._.

I mean, I don't either

I feel perfectly fine!

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Yeah I'd wait for a better one if you're going to promote him too

Just eat him up for that Death Blow Fodder. Or you can keep him and have him inherit skills if you pull a better Klein

I'm almost afraid of how long it'll take to get another Klein, especially since I don't want to switch banners and pull on one that doesn't have percentage built up! Either way, he has several people ahead in line waiting to be promoted, so I guess I won't have to worry about that for a while.

8 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm almost afraid of how long it'll take to get another Klein, especially since I don't want to switch banners and pull on one that doesn't have percentage built up! Either way, he has several people ahead in line waiting to be promoted, so I guess I won't have to worry about that for a while.

I'd say there's nothing wrong with training him up at least. There's always a chance between now and when/if you pull another Klein that you'll get one with a better nature. Klein is still a pretty great archer. He's the one that consistently gives me trouble, especially if he can hit me four times. ...Like Hector. If you really dig him, you can work around -ATK. Slap some buffs and skills on him. I've got a few -ATK 5* heroes that work out just fine for me. Unfortunately, since his ATK will only be 30 with Brave Bow (and his SPD will be 34 without Brave Bow), he may work out better with a Silver Bow.

EDIT: XD I may take back that Silver Bow statement... Running some calcs, and it's not looking pretty.

Edited by Rafiel's Aria

Well, I've been using a +spd -atk Robin for a very long time, so I suppose I could make a Klein with the same nature work!

34 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I don't know how to feel knowing I have nobody (at the moment) with Close or Distant Counter. ._.

Hey, Xander's great, specially so if you don't have Ryoma or Ike. Just get him to 5* and you're set for your red slot for a good while.

32 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Well, I've never pulled Takumi or Hector and I've had the game since it was out :(

Me neither. But to tell you the truth, I'm kinda grateful for that. I got to enjoy a whole new set of strategies because of this. I didn't even pull hero fest, as I would end up sacrificing them for skills. I guess I built up a little hate for Takumi, Hector, Reinhardt and Kagero because of their awesomeness.

Edited by r4v1sh

Just now, r4v1sh said:

I guess I built up a little hate for Takumi, Hector, Reinhardt and Kagero because of their awesomeness.

Oh, you don't even want to know the hatred I have for Reinhardt... it's a bottomless pit of hatred! I am going to sacrifice him to someone if I ever get him and never use him

Spoiler

R U C K  F E I N H A R D T 

@GuiltyLove and @Arcanite, the Xander talk just reminded me of that. Along with Ursula's GHB by having Xander counter the thief, Ike countering the sword infantry and green mage on Xander map, and Hector continuing to trivialize every GHB map if you set him up right. It's like an "Oh, wouldn't that be nice to have..." *looks at a seat reserved for Hector that is carefully dusted every day*

Y'know, I can't think of a unit that should come with Close Counter or have it built into their weapon that shouldn't already have it. Technically, any mage should have it since outside of Heroes and for certain reasons like if I recall correctly, there were some tomes that expanded your range, but prevented you from using it at 1-range, mages can attack at 1 or 2-range. Bow Knights or any bow-wielding unit that can use melee weapons having Close Counter makes sense, but also doesn't since they cannot attack at 1-range or 2-range if they don't have the proper weapon equipped. Also, Gaiden/Echoes archers are capable of fighting at 1-range, right? Basically, Distant Counter seems like an something that can be selectively justified e.g. a weapon having 2-range capability like the Levin Sword, so Awakening Anna with a Levin Sword should have Distant Counter built into her weapon, but Close Counter doesn't seem like it can be. Takumi is the only one that I can think of and it's apparently part of a plot point in Conquest.

@r4v1sh, Xander is good. Problem: he'd be competing with Eirika, Eldigan, and Lucina and for some of the 4* units like Palla, Selena, adult Tiki, and possibly Zephiel. The main thing he would have over the other 5* reds is that he has Distant Counter, but Eirika is a really useful jack of all trades and support unit and Lucina hits hard and fast. Eldigan is probably the only one Xander seems better than, but Xander would require 22k feathers unlike Eldigan who was like 3 to 5 orbs. In terms of character favorites that are red units, he's nowhere near Eirika, Selena, and Tiki for me.

Getting Camus up to 5* seems much more useful and summoning a 5* Hector seems more useful than Xander to me since currently there aren't any physical Distant Counter blues outside of Camus and there aren't any Distant Counter greens outside of Hector. With red, you have Ike, Ryoma, and Xander for physical and adult Tiki for magical. If I could, Ryoma - LOBSTER POWER!!! -- or Ike for red physical, but even then, it's not really necessary.

10 minutes ago, Kaden said:

@GuiltyLove and @Arcanite, the Xander talk just reminded me of that. Along with Ursula's GHB by having Xander counter the thief, Ike countering the sword infantry and green mage on Xander map, and Hector continuing to trivialize every GHB map if you set him up right. It's like an "Oh, wouldn't that be nice to have..." *looks at a seat reserved for Hector that is carefully dusted every day*

Ever since I got Azura, Two Grand Hero battles were this:

Nino

Azura

Olivia

Robin

Win

That's how it went for Xander and Lloyd and I didn't even look at stats for either of them. Its essentially "Bring Nino and Win"

I don't need a distant counter unit to do good. Its just a luxury!

@Arcanite tbh, you're partly accurate about another unit. 
If you have patience for brooding: 

Remember that + Spd Eldigan I pulled a few weeks ago?

He's weaseled into my main team. With the current set up, I can consistently buff him to 36~40 spd (or sometimes 44), he has 2 proc Bonfire (he's -def, so 17dmg, less than Xander, but more proc). I found that Renewal 3 has been working out pretty great on him both for Fury upkeep and kiting shenanigans. I'd be replacing him with Xander, whose Fury is hurting QR procs.

But then as @MrSmokestack mentioned Xander has that godly defence and built in distant counter.. which could make all the difference in the world. But with Eldigan working well with the current team setup do I desperately need 5*Xander like I need air?

But then I've pretty much already secured going up 3 arena tiers this season so might do need a 5* Xander to keep my place :S BUT THEN bonus heroes change. Spending feathers on Anna, Sharena and Alphonse might be more reasonable on the long run. 

I also kinda want to 5* Michalis for fun. Since he's also 4* fully skill-setted. But then I have Hector, what's the point.  

There's also the quest to make Camus Emblem. With Camus, Eldigan, Reinhardt, and Xander. Less effective compared normal Horse Emblem, but 100% more effective in stubborn loyalty. With 5* Xander, all I'll be missing is OG Camus DD:<

/endrant

*brood brood brood brood brood* At least I enjoy brooding about cuties. 

@GuiltyLove lol not going to lie. I have issues with Heroes Xander's voice and art. I like Siegfried and his stat spread though, so am making do pretending to not hear anything when using him.

@Sunwoo There's that Firesweep + Poison Strike build for archers/daggers that's been around which relying on procs to make a kill. I've been playing around with the Poison strike + Iceberg proc without Firesweep, on Niles who has base 25 atk. It does allow him so pull consistent damage.

Not sure if it'll go anywhere in the long run, but it did make me wonder if something like giving Klein the Poison strike over his default QR would help offset the low attack. As a brave user, he'd be more of a player phase unit anyway. At the bare minimum he'll leave enemies almost dead. 

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Yeah

No

My brother literally puts fury vantage Xander on a defense tile and wins

Even without the defense tile he puts in work.

Besides, Fury Xander = TWENTY DAMAGE Bonfire

#BUSTED

It may break QR faster, which is why I prefer Vantage anyway

You let mine slip too ;) #ImHappyIGaveYouThoseSacrifices

Fury Xander is childs play.

Put a Heavy Blade 3, Quick Riposte 3, Aether Xander on a Defensive Tile and let them wail away! Its so nice to regain all your health back after 1 round (Heavy Blade + QR = instant Aether) for another round of Heavy Blade and Quick Riposte and instant Aether. Granted i sacrificed my Ike and Chrome for him, but Xander is my Husbando <3

@Arcanite, Nino... Nino refuses to come home. ;_;

I just want a Distant Counter user or Hector one day so I can cheese a map. It'd be nice to have a cheesy GHB time.

Anyway, just heard Palla's Japanese voice. I recognized it, so I checked her gamepedia page. She is voiced by Risa Taneda and she's basically using her Rize voice from Is the Order a Rabbit? Yeah, I like Palla's Japanese voice more than her English voice. Laura's Palla just reminds me of Dragon's Dogma. Also, Japanese Barst has a deep voice.

5 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Put a Heavy Blade 3, Quick Riposte 3, Aether Xander on a Defensive Tile and let them wail away! Its so nice to regain all your health back after 1 round (Heavy Blade + QR = instant Aether) for another round of Heavy Blade and Quick Riposte and instant Aether. Granted i sacrificed my Ike and Chrome for him, but Xander is my Husbando <3

I have a 2. ike left and a 2. Cordelia and I am thinking of doing a Cordelia Heavy Blade + Galeforce built. I dont know i need to see first how heavy Blade interacts with brave weapons or so. Maybe Minerva would be a better pick with her -1 Cooldown Weapon

ew something went wrong -_-

Edited by Hilda

16 minutes ago, Kaden said:

@Arcanite, Nino... Nino refuses to come home. ;_;

Wait seriously, you never got a Nino yet? Geez, I feel sorry for you.

Then there's me who's never got a Bartre yet.

2 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Then there's me who's never got a Bartre yet.

I feel like that's a liiiittle bit less painful than never having gotten one of the game's best mages =P .

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

ME NEITHER

May Nino do her best to return home.

2 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I feel like that's a liiiittle bit less painful than never having gotten one of the game's best mages =P .

True. Unless you're a F2P collector who wants all the characters.

27 minutes ago, Hilda said:

You calling me a child?

Wanna fyte?

27 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Well I'm glad your husbando is working out for you!

But that kind of build is A LOT more expensive soooooooo I think a lot of people would prefer Fury Xander anyway.

Nice build though :D: