Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

28 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I've run into a merged Carrot Lance Effie in Arena and a Carrot Lance Peri in the gauntlet.

Is there some inside joke about Carrot Lance in general I'm missing?

It just looks funny on armor knights and the weapon kinda clashes with their personalities and yes, the Carrot Lance is pretty pleasing to the eye. The small healing also helps.

Edited by Lord-Zero

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

27 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I've run into a merged Carrot Lance Effie in Arena and a Carrot Lance Peri in the gauntlet.

Is there some inside joke about Carrot Lance in general I'm missing?

Passive healing? I didn't get any Spring characters, so I'm not entirely sure what the Spring weapons do...

What would make me sad is if those Reinhardts I was shown that had Aether were fed Ikes to get it. D:

But thankfully, it may not be the case because Chrom and Lucina exist. I'd gladly dump them for Aether!

Speaking of Reiny though, since I'm about done getting Sharena back to lv. 40 (since I 5 starred her), I'll soon get to leveling my blue nuke on a horse.

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

This is a good Freddy to 5 star! He's all about attack and def, so he really wants an attack or def boon, and his best banes are speed or res because he naturally has little of those anyway. :P

My 5 star Freddy is +def, -spd, so he walls a lot of things for me. <3 And yes, he'd love a brave axe! I'm giving him a Brave Axe+ if I pull 5 star Camilla. I definitely don't mind dumping her.

This is funny since I decided to dump my 5* Camilla for the Brave Axe+ to Frederick. XD

I never use her anyway and I'm completely indifferent to her as a character so might as well. xP

1 minute ago, Alternis said:

This is funny since I decided to dump my 5* Camilla for the Brave Axe+ to Frederick. XD

I never use her anyway and I'm completely indifferent to her as a character so might as well. xP

In your defense.... Brave Axe Camilla is pretty meh and her good build is pretty expensive

She's just not that good so i don't mind dumping her for Brave Axe+ Fodder

5 minutes ago, Alternis said:

Haha, well, good choice! lol

If you need advice on skills, I run Armored Blow on my Frederick since he's +def, but since yours is +atk, you might want Death Blow or something like that instead. I also gave him Axebreaker, but Quick Reposte also works! His natural Fortify Def works fine as a C skill for him too. Recommended special is Bonfire because of his naturally high def. And ours both will do a little extra damage with it because of mine being +def and yours being +atk!

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, JSND said:

In your defense.... Brave Axe Camilla is pretty meh and her good build is pretty expensive

B-but... She's good on Lloyd's map...

Also Narcian's, which is coming back soon.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

B-but... She's good on Lloyd's map...

Also Narcian's, which is coming back soon.

But is it as good as Cecilia?

Narcian actually comes to my mind lol

Edited by JSND

6 minutes ago, JSND said:

Yeah I know she's pretty much which is why she just sits collecting dust. I normally use Hector or Anna if I need an Axe user. Frederick will be regularly used once I get him to 5*, but since I used the last of my feathers to get a LaD3 fodder I'm gonna have to wait for awhile lol.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Haha, well, good choice! lol

If you need advice on skills, I run Armored Blow on my Frederick since he's +def, but since yours is +atk, you might want Death Blow or something like that instead. I also gave him Axebreaker, but Quick Reposte also works! His natural Fortify Def works fine as a C skill for him too. Recommended special is Bonfire because of his naturally high def. And ours both will do a little extra damage with it because of mine being +def and yours being +atk!

I'm thinking of going with Brave Axe+, Reposition, Death Blow 3, Hit and Run, and I might just stick to his default C skill to save some time (for now). Definitely getting Bonfire for Freddy asap though. XD

Hit and Run might seem like an odd choice but I been seeing a bunch of mage teams in arena, and if magic so much as tickles Freddy he's pretty much dead. So I was thinking Hit and Run can get him out of danger quickly along with another unit that has Reposition or Draw Back. 

1 minute ago, Alternis said:

I'm thinking of going with Brave Axe+, Reposition, Death Blow 3, Hit and Run, and I might just stick to his default C skill to save some time (for now). Definitely getting Bonfire for Freddy asap though. XD

Hit and Run might seem like an odd choice but I been seeing a bunch of mage teams in arena, and if magic so much as tickles Freddy he's pretty much dead. So I was thinking Hit and Run can get him out of danger quickly along with another unit that has Reposition or Draw Back. 

Oh yeah, I have Reposition on my Freddy too, so that's also a good choice. And yeah, he definitely wants to stay away from mages unless he can go right up to them and one-round them without getting hit in return. xP

5 minutes ago, JSND said:

But is it as good as Cecilia?

Narcian actually comes to my mind lol

Camilla can kill 4/5 of the units on Lloyd's map if she needs to, so that's something I guess. Cecilia tanking the Bow Knight is pretty important though.

I wished I had a Camilla. It would be nice to have a high resistance green flyer and to dump a Silver Axe on her so I can excuse one of the many Gunters sitting about being old and stuff.

33 minutes ago, Alternis said:

If you have a spare Jagen, you could just dump Fortify Cavalry on Frederick for whenever you want to use a cavalry team. Frederick having Fortify Def 3 means he doesn't have to learn Fortify Res 1, 2, and Cavalry. He can just learn Fortify Cavalry after Fortify Def 2 or 3. But hey, if you want him to buff resistance for some reason, then sure, get those too.

Also, his default B-skill, Wings of Mercy, can be useful as well since as a cavalier, Drag Back and Hit and Run can run into issues if the space behind him when he's attacking is a mountain or forest tile which cavalry can't go onto. They work, but not as flexibly as on fliers like Camilla, Cherche, Cordelia, Hinoka, etc. Wings of Mercy can let him fly to someone's rescue which considering his high attack and that he's using a Brave Axe, can be very devastating. That said, it's up to you since if you're seeing a lot of mages and don't have other units to deal with them, Frederick having Drag Back or Hit and Run might be more useful to get him out of range after he destroys someone, but at the same time, Wings of Mercy can help him cover great distances to help other units or get near them for safety.

Edited by Kaden

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

If you have a spare Jagen, you could just dump Fortify Cavalry on Frederick for whenever you want to use a cavalry team. Frederick having Fortify Def 3 means he doesn't have to learn Fortify Res 1, 2, and Cavalry. He can just learn Fortify Cavalry after Fortify Def 2 or 3. But hey, if you want him to buff resistance for some reason, then sure, get those too.

Also, his default B-skill, Wings of Mercy, can be useful as well since as a cavalier, Drag Back and Hit and Run can run into issues if he's the space behind him when he's attacking is a mountain or forest tile which cavalry can't go onto. They work, but not as flexibly as on fliers like Cherche, Cordelia, etc. Wings of Mercy can let him fly to someone's rescue which considering his high attack and that he's using a Brave Axe, can be very devastating. That said, it's up to you since if you're seeing a lot of mages and don't have other units to deal with them, Frederick having Drag Back or Hit and Run might be more useful to get him out of range after he destroys someone, but at the same time, Wings of Mercy can help him cover great distances to help other units or get near them for safety.

Fortify Cavalry was an option I was considering if I ever got around to making my Horse Emblem team, but until then I'll just slap whatever hone / fortify buff I need depending on my team composition. 

And yeah I've already run into the forest and mountain issue when testing Hit and Run, but I'll keep it on Frederick a little longer. If I don't like it then I'll try Wings of Mercy since, like you said he can fly in and destroy a enemy unit. I have other answers to mages but my main reason behind Hit and Run was for Frederick to go in swinging, then get out of the range of enemy mages (with Reposition and Draw Back support) so my other units can deal with them. I agree that Hit and Run is a much better skill for fliers though.

SP grinding for dancers is rough, I'm trying to grind up my Ninian but for every skill bar Dance it's all inherited skills. I have her weapon and special skill done but I still need to grind for her A, B, and C skills. According to the inheritance calculator I'll need 1680 SP to complete the build.

I would like to see some new content besides Arena and Grand Hero Battles.

I want Endboss battles (yes fighting giant dragons) with 8 units!
Call it "End of Time Battles!"

You pick your 4 units and get assigned 1 unit from 4 of your friends and enter a battle with respawning oponents in a battle field where you have to defeat a dragon!

Make it extra hard.

As a reward you get a Legendary Weapon that you can inherit to any class (assuming the color and class matches it)!

Why does such a mode not exist ._.

Darn it all. Playing Echoes has made me even more sore it was Genny instead of Saber. Not only would he have made it two reds, so I could pull happily, but I would've adored everyone on the banner then. Mae is awesome (despite the artwork in this that is still to moe for my liking), Boey is hilarious, Celica is great, and Saber would've rounded it off. Genny, even in the game, is just... eh, sorta there. Maybe I need to get a support for her or something (if she has any). She's not even a forced member - you can opt to have her or not :/ 

4 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Darn it all. Playing Echoes has made me even more sore it was Genny instead of Saber. Not only would he have made it two reds, so I could pull happily, but I would've adored everyone on the banner then. Mae is awesome (despite the artwork in this that is still to moe for my liking), Boey is hilarious, Celica is great, and Saber would've rounded it off. Genny, even in the game, is just... eh, sorta there. Maybe I need to get a support for her or something (if she has any). She's not even a forced member - you can opt to have her or not :/ 

genny's only support is with sonya, so if you wanna get it make sure you fight deen instead

Just now, unique said:

genny's only support is with sonya, so if you wanna get it make sure you fight deen instead

Oh, then nope. Deen's the way to go for me ^.^

Thanks for letting me know, though. I'll create an additional save. Urgh, hate having split characters. That's one thing I really wish they'd changed -.-

33 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Oh, then nope. Deen's the way to go for me ^.^

Thanks for letting me know, though. I'll create an additional save. Urgh, hate having split characters. That's one thing I really wish they'd changed -.-

But... the replay value!

jk yeah it's kinda meh

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

But... the replay value!

jk yeah it's kinda meh

That's it. It feels like forced replay value -.-. I hope when it comes to FE4, they don't make us pick between brothers again if that gets remade. There's enough death in that game -.- 

I just realized a horrible thing about Sigurd. All the legendary weapons used by multiple characters so far have the same effect. Makes sense since they're usually the same weapon. Guess what that means for Sigurd? If only Tyrfing could lessen the pain of being magically burned alive, but nope, +4 defense in battle when at or under 50% HP.

Edited by Kaden

Just now, Kaden said:

I just realized a horrible thing about Sigurd. All the legendary weapons used by multiple character so far have the same effect. Makes sense since they're usually the same weapon. Guess what that means for Sigurd? If only Tyrfing could lessen the pain of being magically burned alive, but nope, +4 defense in battle when at or under 50% HP.

What if Sigurd took effective damage from Cymbelline or whatever it's called and Fire Breath+

12 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

What if Sigurd took effective damage from Cymbelline or whatever it's called and Fire Breath+

Uh... Wouldn't that basically mean Sigurd is weak to all dragons since they all have access to Fire Breath and all red mages since they can learn Fire or fire-related spells like Cymbeline and Ragnarok look like fire spells? Might as well make it so he's weak to Glowing Ember and Rising Flame specials too. Man, talk about getting roasted.

Edited by Kaden