Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, Kaden said:

Uh... Wouldn't that basically mean Sigurd is weak to all dragons since they all have access to Fire Breath and all red mages since they can learn Fire? Might as well make it so he's weak to Glowing Ember and Rising Flame specials too. Man, talk about getting roasted.

True. He'll never live it down...

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

I still hardly remember much from that game lol

I really want to see if they make Forseti broken in Heroes though

I never played it, but people talk about Sigurd and stuff, so whatever.

My goodness... I think I just spent an hour and about half a dozen stamina pots trying to beat the 11-5 with lance user, no deaths quest. I was trying to use mkv's video as a guide, but the strategy doesn't pan out if you're using a 4* Cecilia...because that's what I have instead of a 3 star one. I tried nstyler's strategy as well, but because all of my units were 3 stars with the exception of F. Robin, it wouldn't work out exactly right. 

I ended up replacing Sophia with Celica just to make my life easier. But even my +HP Celica still needed the HP+3 seal to help finish off Genny in the end because F. Robin was only level 37. I was so close to rage-quitting. XD But I put so much time and effort into training these units that I really wanted that orb!!! I still haven't tried the 11-3 quest...but I think I'll take a slight break.

All the props to these people that have the patience to figure out these strategies. They're really, REALLY precise.  

Oh yeah, that Panic tome... RIP -blade tome users.

Speaking of buffs, deciding what C-skill to give units is making my head hurt... So much indecision...

49 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Speaking of buffs, deciding what C-skill to give units is making my head hurt... So much indecision...

I feel you. I'm trying to decide who to pass Hone Attack to. I gave Julia Fortify Res. I hope that was a good idea... I figured that since she has high Res, she doesn't need anyone to buff hers and she can buff other people's Res

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

I feel you. I'm trying to decide who to pass Hone Attack to. I gave Julia Fortify Res. I hope that was a good idea... I figured that since she has high Res, she doesn't need anyone to buff hers and she can buff other people's Res

I'm trying to figure out who wants want Cavalry buff since I have a too many Gunters and Jagens. Titania probably should have Hone Cavalry since she takes so little damage from blues. Camus, Eldigan, Stahl, and Xander having Hone Cavalry works since if they receive defensive buffs, they can be much more durable tanks, except Eldigan's the only one I like except for Stahl, but Stahl's art is meh -- really weird when the same artist did Sully and she looks amazing. Anyway, neither have Distant Counter while Camus -- who's not available yet -- and Xander do. After that, it's a spiral of despair.

Cain, Cecilia, Sully, Ursula, and kind of +Atk, -Res Frederick. What to do with you all? At least Eliwood has Ward Cavalry so I can ignore that for a bit. Frederick is in this weird spot where I have 3 reasons to give him certain things; two reasons for Fortify Cavalry is that one, it's hella cheap when he has Fortify Def 3 and two, Frederick having a Brave Axe hits hard and kills a lot of things, so it might be over overkill, but reason to give him Hone Cavalry is that because he is a Brave Axe user, he's going to be in enemy range, so someone giving him Fortify Cavalry buffs would be more helpful to keep him alive, especially against magic since -Res Frederick caps at 11 resistance which if he had +6 more, could keep him alive... Hopefully. Don't die, Chrom and Lissa need you. Already gave him Fortify Cavalry since a 4* Jagen showed up, I don't have a lot of space, was thinking about it, and BOOP!, Frederick has Fortify Cavalry and I'm down a unit from 192 to 191. Yay... Anyway, now I'm thinking that maybe I should have given him Hone Cavalry instead. I could just give him both, but that's not really efficient when other units could use it.

And then there's my annoyance of having too many skills. I wish we could refund inherited skills for like half the SP cost or just outright remove them. Or they could bunch up skills together like Fury 1, 2, and 3 could be bunched together as Fury, but that would increase the amount of tapping you'll have to do to go through your skills which would annoy some people... Meh...

Edit: I love Anna's / the merchant, store, whatever it's called theme. I wished it was in Heroes for some reason or some way... Maybe a future Banner and Paralogue filled with nothing but Annas? *drools* What a dream that would be. :p

Edited by Kaden

12 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I'm trying to figure out who wants want Cavalry buff since I have a too many Gunters and Jagens. Titania probably should have Hone Cavalry since she takes so little damage from blues. Camus, Eldigan, Stahl, and Xander having Hone Cavalry works since if they receive defensive buffs, they can be much more durable tanks, except Eldigan's the only one I like except for Stahl, but Stahl's art is meh -- really weird when the same artist did Sully and she looks amazing. Anyway, neither have Distant Counter while Camus -- who's not available yet -- and Xander do. After that, it's a spiral of despair.

Cain, Cecilia, Sully, Ursula, and kind of +Atk, -Res Frederick. What to do with you all? At least Eliwood has Ward Cavalry so I can ignore that for a bit. Frederick is in this weird spot where I have 3 reasons to give him certain things; two reasons for Fortify Cavalry is that one, it's hella cheap when he has Fortify Def 3 and two, Frederick having a Brave Axe hits hard and kills a lot of things, so it might be over overkill, but reason to give him Hone Cavalry is that because he is a Brave Axe user, he's going to be in enemy range, so someone giving him Fortify Cavalry buffs would be more helpful to keep him alive, especially against magic since -Res Frederick caps at 11 resistance which if he had +6 more, could keep him alive... Hopefully. Don't die, Chrom and Lissa need you. Already gave him Fortify Cavalry since a 4* Jagen showed up, I don't have a lot of space, was thinking about it, and BOOP!, Frederick has Fortify Cavalry and I'm down a unit from 192 to 191. Yay... Anyway, now I'm thinking that maybe I should have given him Hone Cavalry instead. I could just give him both, but that's not really efficient when other units could use it.

And then there's my annoyance of having too many skills. I wish we could refund inherited skills for like half the SP cost or just outright remove them. Or they could bunch up skills together like Fury 1, 2, and 3 could be bunched together as Fury, but that would increase the amount of tapping you'll have to do to go through your skills which would annoy some people... Meh...

Now that sounds tough! I don't want to use Cavalry and prefer to do Flier Emblem instead. Can't help you there :P

20 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Now that sounds tough! I don't want to use Cavalry and prefer to do Flier Emblem instead. Can't help you there :P

I use practically every unit as humanly and as reasonably possible. This of course leads to problems like having way too many units or because I got way too many of a color, I'm stuck dealing with training teams lacking the ability to counter a color. Still have my favorites, though, except Odin. He's a disappointment even though I like him.

An armor team would be "easy" -- I'd just slap Ward Armor on everyone -- except for the whole nobody would have the ability to counter ranged units since I don't have Hector or a ton of Hectors to just give Distant Counter to a bunch of units. I don't even have Sheena, so it's out of the question despite it being simple to make for me.

A flyer team, however, is a pain when 3 out of the 4 flyer skills are 4* and/or 5* only. Goad Flyer is the only skill found on a 3* summonable unit that was given to us once: Palla. Fortify is 4* to 5* with Caeda and Hone and Ward Flyers are 5*-only with Hinoka and Minerva having it respectively. Seriously? I get that unit type teams are powerful and it makes sense why the lowest amount of a unit type should have almost everyone having access to unit type skills, but come on, not even one defensive flyer skill available on a 3* summonable unit?

Sure, you could give everyone Goad Flyers, but it feels limiting when you don't have access to the other skills because you weren't able to summon the other units with defensive flyer skills.

Edited by Kaden

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

I've usually been going for Spur Attack and Spur Speed on characters without movement type buff skills, since those are pretty much always helpful and tend to be easier to use than Hone despite not having Blade interaction. Which has the nice benefit of meaning Veronica wouldn't be too much of a concern for my own team.

4 hours ago, Kaden said:

I use practically every unit as humanly and as reasonably possible. This of course leads to problems like having way too many units or because I got way too many of a color, I'm stuck dealing with training teams lacking the ability to counter a color. Still have my favorites, though, except Odin. He's a disappointment even though I like him.

An armor team would be "easy" -- I'd just slap Ward Armor on everyone -- except for the whole nobody would have the ability to counter ranged units since I don't have Hector or a ton of Hectors to just give Distant Counter to a bunch of units. I don't even have Sheena, so it's out of the question despite it being simple to make for me.

A flyer team, however, is a pain when 3 out of the 4 flyer skills are 4* and/or 5* only. Goad Flyer is the only skill found on a 3* summonable unit that was given to us once: Palla. Fortify is 4* to 5* with Caeda and Hone and Ward Flyers are 5*-only with Hinoka and Minerva having it respectively. Seriously? I get that unit type teams are powerful and it makes sense why the lowest amount of a unit type should have almost everyone having access to unit type skills, but come on, not even one defensive flyer skill available on a 3* summonable unit?

Sure, you could give everyone Goad Flyers, but it feels limiting when you don't have access to the other skills because you weren't able to summon the other units with defensive flyer skills.

Funny enough 4 Ward Horse Emblem actually sounds decent

The buff distribution for Horse Emblem really depends on your line up but as a general rule heres the list of buff they want:

Eliwood: Hone

Cain: Hone

Abel: Hone

Peri: Hone

Eldigan: Read Xander

Xander: Fortify allows him to take joke damage from Red Sword, but really both (Hone is great to secure some Red match up and some 2HKO in one round)

Cecilia: Hone or Both. Need Both to reach 100+ match upwins

Leo : Read Cecilia

Ursula: Just Hone

Olwen: Just Hone

Reinhardt: Just Hone

Frederick: Depend on build mainly Hone

As far as Goad vs Ward, Goad is mainly useful for just Cain and Abel tbh. Ward is better for most of the rest except for like Reinhardt because Reinhardt is almost always better off not taking hits at all. Goad is practically useless for standard Reinhardt

Edited by JSND

8 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Y'know, I just realized. All they have to do to screw with the current buff meta is release Veronica.

Her and new units with skills that either negate or punish buffed units. Ridersbane, Zanbato and Poleax/Halberds would be quite welcome too. 

34 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Her and new units with skills that either negate or punish buffed units. Ridersbane, Zanbato and Poleax/Halberds would be quite welcome too. 

Bane and Zanba would do jackshit. Normally if you manage to hit Horse Emblem they usually died unless its Xander

Honestly Veronica would be pretty meh too since she dont have initiative advantage.

The only reason Veronica would be annoying is because shes green. If Veronica is Blue or Red without other changes she would be pretty meh in Horse Emblem match up

So, does the orb starvation work in other gacha games concerning profit gains? I'm asking, because giving us a lot of orbs for the gauntlet, but reducing weekly orbs to a pitiful 20 weeks for one full pull kinda ruins the burst, at least for me. The Echoes release becomes completely pointless when you still get way less orbs over time afterwards. But hey, I assume other people, like whales, are invigorated by the lack of free orbs and spend more?

10 minutes ago, JSND said:

Bane and Zanba would do jackshit. Normally if you manage to hit Horse Emblem they usually died unless its Xander

Honestly Veronica would be pretty meh too since she dont have initiative advantage.

The only reason Veronica would be annoying is because shes green. If Veronica is Blue or Red without other changes she would be pretty meh in Horse Emblem match up

Too early to tell at the moment. Sure, armor-killing weapons don't really have much power on their own but we'll see. Maybe the complaints from Horse Emblem being a bit too powerful would encourage them to make those weapons strong enough to crush even Xander. Actually, all this crap about Horse Emblem being too powerful discourages me from even continuing to set up a cav team due to how cookie-cutter and predictable it has become. Anyway, countermeasures are probably being cooked up. If anything, I'd like a character whose skill can negate or even reverse buffs in combat. Heck, a character that could negate WTA/WTD in combat would be nice to have. 

3 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

So, does the orb starvation work in other gacha games concerning profit gains? I'm asking, because giving us a lot of orbs for the gauntlet, but reducing weekly orbs to a pitiful 20 weeks for one full pull kinda ruins the burst, at least for me. The Echoes release becomes completely pointless when you still get way less orbs over time afterwards. But hey, I assume other people, like whales, are invigorated by the lack of free orbs and spend more?

"20 weeks for one full pull" really isn't an accurate description for a bunch of reasons:

• With the Arena change, active Arena players should be getting 3-4 orbs per week from the Arena, for a total of 4-5 weekly orbs. So the baseline is really one pull per 4-5 weeks, although that's still very slow.
  • The "2 orbs per day" bonus isn't gone forever. It's gone away and returned multiple times already; it'll be back again eventually.
  • Each new banner comes with either a Paralogue for about 10 more orbs or a new story chapter for about 20 more orbs.
  • Each month, there's a Voting Gauntlet with 20 orbs and a bunch of monthly quests. May increased the number of monthly quests by quite a bit, with a total orb haul of at least 30 from what I remember.
  • There are also assorted other ways of getting orbs like miscellaneous quests and special maps that get released occasionally.

Whales aren't going to be meaningfully affected by a lack of free orbs because they buy far more orbs than the number of free ones anyway. But it sounds like more typical players occasionally do some spending when out of orbs when something cool comes up, like the Hero Fest banner.

23 minutes ago, Othin said:

"20 weeks for one full pull" really isn't an accurate description for a bunch of reasons:

• With the Arena change, active Arena players should be getting 3-4 orbs per week from the Arena, for a total of 4-5 weekly orbs. So the baseline is really one pull per 4-5 weeks, although that's still very slow.
  • The "2 orbs per day" bonus isn't gone forever. It's gone away and returned multiple times already; it'll be back again eventually.
  • Each new banner comes with either a Paralogue for about 10 more orbs or a new story chapter for about 20 more orbs.
  • Each month, there's a Voting Gauntlet with 20 orbs and a bunch of monthly quests. May increased the number of monthly quests by quite a bit, with a total orb haul of at least 30 from what I remember.
  • There are also assorted other ways of getting orbs like miscellaneous quests and special maps that get released occasionally.

Whales aren't going to be meaningfully affected by a lack of free orbs because they buy far more orbs than the number of free ones anyway. But it sounds like more typical players occasionally do some spending when out of orbs when something cool comes up, like the Hero Fest banner.

OK, I didn't properly convey what I meant and I actually forgot to add the arena changes, which pretty much adds 3-4 orbs for most people, making it a bit closer to 1 per day.

I know that they will reintroduce log-in bonuses at some point in the not-too-distant future, and I should have clarified that I mean the temporary lack of any log-in orbs when I said "starvation".

That's also why I do not count the quest orbs as they have been pretty consistently added every once in a while and their pattern didn't significantly change for me, though I will admit, the May quests weren't as quickly finished as previous months. However, they are still done quite quickly and the orbs are gone as fast as they arrived. Daily Orbs make the wait more tolerable for me, as it creates a comfortable balance between burst and a lasting consistency.

I just find the temporary switch between getting dailies and nothing obnoxious, I guess, or I'm just greedy. I would prefer a more consistent approach, but as mentioned, might just be my greed talking.

i was happy because I saw that the daily reward was an orb and thought that daily log in bonus orbs returned. But nope, its just the usual daily reward. Alas, the wait continues. But I'm willing to wait. They have been spoiling us a bit the last couple weeks. 

Finally starting training up my horse team (Eliwood, Titania, Ursula, Xander) and now I understand why it's such a big thing. Hone cav is insane. 

9 hours ago, JSND said:

Funny enough 4 Ward Horse Emblem actually sounds decent

The buff distribution for Horse Emblem really depends on your line up but as a general rule heres the list of buff they want:

Eliwood: Hone

Cain: Hone

Abel: Hone

Peri: Hone

Eldigan: Read Xander

Xander: Fortify allows him to take joke damage from Red Sword, but really both (Hone is great to secure some Red match up and some 2HKO in one round)

Cecilia: Hone or Both. Need Both to reach 100+ match upwins

Leo : Read Cecilia

Ursula: Just Hone

Olwen: Just Hone

Reinhardt: Just Hone

Frederick: Depend on build mainly Hone

As far as Goad vs Ward, Goad is mainly useful for just Cain and Abel tbh. Ward is better for most of the rest except for like Reinhardt because Reinhardt is almost always better off not taking hits at all. Goad is practically useless for standard Reinhardt

Camus is probably going to be in the same position as Eldigan, Frederick, and Xander. That just leaves Stahl, Sully, and Titania. And the flyers which is probably something like Catria, Cherche, Clair, Cordelia, Est, Hinoka, Minerva, Narcian, and Subaki want Hone Flyers. Michalis wants Fortify or both, Beruka wants Hone, but both helps too, and depending on the build Caeda, Camilla, Spring Camilla, Clair, and Florina want Hone or both.

Problem is figuring out who should give those buffs. Does not help that I make up teams haphazardly.

14 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Been trying to train up a 4* Roy, and HOLY SHIT is he bad. I don't think 5* and Binding Blade will fix any of his bulk problems.

I pulled him at 5* pretty early on and he was fine for me. Mines +res -def which was actually kinda nice cuz with Azura fortify res he was an amazing mages tank. 

Just now, immatx said:

I pulled him at 5* pretty early on and he was fine for me. Mines +res -def which was actually kinda nice cuz with Azura fortify res he was an amazing mages tank. 

He only has 23 Def as a 4*, so that kinda sucks for a 1-range hero. Mine is also +Res, and 28 is respectable. But 29 Spd combined with 23 Def is way too frail.