Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It doesn't apply to inherited weapons for some reason.

Well, like I said, that doesn't make sense to me. It kind of makes that description pointless, imo.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well that doesn't make any sense with what the description says, and it sounds a bit OP to me since you could then have BS like what Quint showed.

That’s one way to view it. Another is to view it as an actual choice. You can invest in a non-5⋆ without simply casting them off.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

That’s one way to view it. Another is to view it as an actual choice. You can invest in a non-5⋆ without simply casting them off.

But then it makes those rarer 5 star units feel less valuable than they should be when you could just invest in a more common 4 star unit instead by inheriting one 5 star's weapon and then pulling more of that 4 star unit to merge and eventually get lv. 40+10 like with that Hana. This effectively makes a 4 star unit much better than any 5 star.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But then it makes those rarer 5 star units feel less valuable than they should be when you could just invest in a more common 4 star unit instead by inheriting one 5 star's weapon and then pulling more of that 4 star unit to merge and eventually get lv. 40+10 like with that Hana. This effectively makes a 4 star unit much better than any 5 star.

This requires you to actually get those four-stars and to actually invest in them. Five-star donors don’t exactly grow in trees, you know.

It also makes four-stars relatively viable among all the five-stars. Variety in viability is always welcome.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

This requires you to actually get those four-stars and to actually invest in them. Five-star donors don’t exactly grow in trees, you know. 

It's easier to get those 4 star units than it is the 5 star ones. All you need is one 5 star unit to inherit a weapon from. And this isn't a problem for whales especially.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's easier to get those 4 star units than it is the 5 star ones. All you need is one 5 star unit to inherit a weapon from. And this isn't a problem for whales especially.

It isn’t a problem for whales to get five-stars either, no idea what you’re arguing here.

Five-stars still get you more points in the arena, so it is still more worthwile to invest in them long-term.

Edited by Vaximillian

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well that doesn't make any sense with what the description says, and it sounds a bit OP to me since you could then have BS like what Quint showed.

EDIT: Too many people are quoting me at the same time again...

A unit has to be 5-star rarity to unlock their own 5-star skills, but doesn't need to be 5-star rarity to unlock 5-star skills inherited from another unit, but said other unit needed to be 5-star rarity to pass it down.

Think of it this way: You've already unlocked the skill once on the unit that you are using to teach the skill, so you don't need to unlock it a second time on the unit that is receiving the skill.

3 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I never did Narcian on lunatic before since at the time I didn't have the units for it. But this time, I shall be prepared.

Who wants to bet that Nino solos?

I don't think using Nino and 3 dancers is called soloing though...

Just now, Bartozio said:

I don't think using Nino and 3 dancers is called soloing though...

Eh same difference >;)

I'm using 2 dancers if that's any comfort!

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Think of it this way: You've already unlocked the skill once on the unit that you are using to teach the skill, so you don't need to unlock it a second time on the unit that is receiving the skill.

Well, I guess so. I'm still not sure I like the idea much, but alright.

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It isn’t a problem for whales to get five-stars either, no idea what you’re arguing here.

Five-stars still get you more points in the arena, so it is still more worthwile to invest in them long-term.

They'll still get 4 star units more often, and then can get those +10 4 stars easier. But they'll probably have a few +10 5 stars too, so...

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

They'll still get 4 star units more often, and then can get those +10 4 stars easier. But they'll probably have a few +10 5 stars too, so...

There are a few main reasons why whales typically don't get +10 4-star characters:

1. 4-star copies of a character are actually slightly less common than 5-star focus characters. This is due to the fact that the 4-star summoning pool is extremely diluted. Because of this, a whale can easily get a +4 or +5 focus character, which will have the same stats as a +10 4-star of the same character, but have more potential to get stronger.
  2. It's not possible to transfer merges when promoting, meaning every merge level gained on a 4-star character is not future-proofed, and the resources used on it are forever lost. Even if we get a lot of 4-star copies of a character, each one spent on merging as a 4-star is one that cannot be later promoted to a 5-star to merge as a 5-star.
  3. A 4-star character cannot have access to its own 5-star-exclusive skills because you cannot use skill inheritance to bypass the restriction. Any character that wants to use at least one of its 5-star-exclusive skills is forced to promote into a 5-star to have access to it, thus making it ineligible for gaining merge levels from 4-star duplicates.

12 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I just imagined Odin conjuring the Blarblade swords and swinging them in his hands instead of casting them as a spell.

Well he could call that:

秘奥義: 斬鉄剣

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

There are a few main reasons why whales typically don't get +10 4-star characters:

1. 4-star copies of a character are actually slightly less common than 5-star focus characters. This is due to the fact that the 4-star summoning pool is extremely diluted. Because of this, a whale can easily get a +4 or +5 focus character, which will have the same stats as a +10 4-star of the same character, but have more potential to get stronger.
  2. It's not possible to transfer merges when promoting, meaning every merge level gained on a 4-star character is not future-proofed, and the resources used on it are forever lost. Even if we get a lot of 4-star copies of a character, each one spent on merging as a 4-star is one that cannot be later promoted to a 5-star to merge as a 5-star.
  3. A 4-star character cannot have access to its own 5-star-exclusive skills because you cannot use skill inheritance to bypass the restriction. Any character that wants to use at least one of its 5-star-exclusive skills is forced to promote into a 5-star to have access to it, thus making it ineligible for gaining merge levels from 4-star duplicates.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Hmm. Okay then. Well, I guess you would know, being a whale yourself if I recall correctly.

32 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Well he could call that:

秘奥義: 斬鉄剣

I still remember when this shit is literally called Steel Bladed Sword

Its even dumber when you realized what actually happened that caused it to be called Steel Bladed Sword

6 minutes ago, JSND said:

I still remember when this shit is literally called Steel Bladed Sword

Its even dumber when you realized what actually happened that caused it to be called Steel Bladed Sword

I thought they literally had the summon as "Iron Cutting Sword" in FF7.

4 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I never did Narcian on lunatic before since at the time I didn't have the units for it. But this time, I shall be prepared.

Fyi: Narshen didn't have a Lunatic map. It was only Normal and Hard.

For my Navarre to be complete, he needs at least 525+750+200 SP (not accounting for a C-skill and 225 for an assist); he now has 548 SP and can get 594 more as level-up bonus when I 5⋆ him. Hmm, do I level up my other 4⋆ Navarre or even a fresh 3⋆ one so that I can decrease on grinding, or grin and bear it? Decisions.

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

I thought they literally had the summon as "Iron Cutting Sword" in FF7.

It was Steel Bladed in US!7 iirc

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

Well nitpick me to death why don't you

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

For my Navarre to be complete, he needs at least 525+750+200 SP (not accounting for a C-skill and 225 for an assist); he now has 548 SP and can get 594 more as level-up bonus when I 5⋆ him. Hmm, do I level up my other 4⋆ Navarre or even a fresh 3⋆ one so that I can decrease on grinding, or grin and bear it? Decisions.

You got a Karel? Or are you promoting him in the meantime?

Just now, Arcanite said:

You got a Karel? Or are you promoting him in the meantime?

I will eventually get a Karel, won’t I? In the meantime I can store up some SP.

4 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Same. I think Ursula surprisigly was the first GHB to get the Harder version of the unit (and then it was only my main account back then).

i wonder if they'll make a Battling Narcian banner randomly to make up for the fact there was none the first time.

not that i have orbs for it though

Edited by mcsilas

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

If it helps, the last two times I leveled a 4*+5* together to SI merge, I also hit 500 Hero Merit by the end.  Have the 4* inherit as much as possible so the 5* can have some extra SP leftover for new skills, if needed.