Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

14 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You gonna pull from wedding banner?

Dunno about Chao, but I’m not going to pull from the wedding banner unless there’s Sharena.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

21 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Our little Chao is growing up :')

I'm so proud of you!

You gonna pull from wedding banner?

Depends on who the people are.

If it's all women then a definite no and a complete hissy fit is due.

If grooms, then depends on who the characters are, but no hissy fit since they're at least made it equal, even if the men aren't to my taste. Though I'm not the fussiest xD

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

Depends on who the people are.

If it's all women then a definite no and a complete hissy fit is due.

If grooms, then depends on who the characters are, but no hissy fit since they're at least made it equal, even if the men aren't to my taste. Though I'm not the fussiest xD

Wow I guess you really like your boys then XD

I'm not going to pull at all because my psychic powers are telling me that the Magvel banner is next, and I need to save my orbs for it!

16 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I'm not going to pull at all because my psychic powers are telling me that the Magvel banner is next, and I need to save my orbs for it!

Does Bride Eirika count as magvel banner?

3 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Does Bride Eirika count as magvel banner?

Not sure, but I never cared for Eirika anyway  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The real question is, if groom Seth is Magvel banner

25 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Yep, I am anticipating L'arachel for quite a while... Also, I have zero interest in brides. More orbs to save, yay!

the waifu is not part of the FE franchise

Will probably pass on this one unless there is groom ryoma or something

ryoma is my weakness

but honestly i don't want groom ryoma i want bbq dad ryoma

Edited by Thor Odinson

5 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Anyway, with my spreadsheet to observe each unit one by one, I'd like to ask your opinion of the follow list of 'mediocre-to-bad skill fodder'.

Reveal hidden contents

Beruka
Chrom
Corrin (M)
Donnel
Est
Felicia
Fir
Gaius
Jakob
Jeorge
Lilina
Merric
Nowi
Oboro
Ogma
Peri
Raigh
Raven
Saizo
Seliph
Sophia
Stahl
Titania
Virion
Xander

Friendly reminder that unique does not equal good, and signature weapons like the Falchion cannot be inherited.

The goal is to create a list that can be referred to to help identify poor units for inheritance. Note I did not count 5* exclusives or healers for this round, though I imagine the latter has plenty of poor fodder (one skill that non-healers can even touch?)

EDIT:

5* Exclusives (You'll be mad to do so, really... maybe...):

Reveal hidden contents

Spring Camilla
Spring Chrom
Ephraim
Julia
Lucina
Lyn
Young Tiki

And Healers:

Reveal hidden contents

Unless you care about inheritance on a healer, throw out anything that's not Maria, Sakura or Serra. Healer passives are 5* and none apart from them are worth that kind of hassle...

I'd take out Donnel, Ogma, Raven, and Stahl.

Spoiler

Donnel, Ogma, and Raven being able to give Brave weapons is probably enough to get them out, especially Ogma and Raven who if you're lucky, you can get 5* versions of them and there you go, Brave Sword+ for Alfonse, Hana, Laslow, etc., and Brave Axe+ for Cherche, Frederick, Gunter, and this weird L&D, Desperation Titania build I saw. Noontime and Sol could work on a weird sustain build, but the only one I can think of already has Sol: Alfonse. Depending on your build, 5* Raven being the only other Threaten Def 3 donator besides 4* Peri might make him and Peri more valuable for some.

Donnel in particular also gives Drag Back and Reciprocal Aid. Drag Back can help melee Brave users get out of range of other units and Reciprocal Aid, like Ardent Sacrifice, is useful for Life & Death, Desperation builds and Falchion + Renewal 3 for healing shenanigans. A 3* Donnel can give Brave Lance, Drag Back, and maybe Reciprocal Aid if you want to Est making her a slower, but higher resistance Cordelia and Hinoka. Peri might not want Drag Back because of cavalry terrain issues, but Brave Lance basically makes her Abel, but with higher resistance and without Swordbreaker by default.

Stahl? Swap. Seriously, your only options for Swap are Arthur, Subaki, and Stahl. Arthur gives Lancebreaker 2 and Subaki gives Quick Riposte 2. Those skills are much more coveted since the only alternatives GHB Narcian and 5* Klein and Leo. Sure, you can give Swap alongside those skills, but the fact Stahl gives Swap is pretty good, especially for knights who want either Pivot or Swap. Stahl giving Ruby Sword is useful too since Hinata is better for Fury 3 and Palla is better for Ruby Sword and Moonbow or Goad Flyers. If you only need Ruby Sword e.g. you already have Moonbow on Olivia, then just use Stahl.

These ones are up to debate: Jakob, Lissa, and Virion. Also, M!Corrin, Felicia, Fir, and Sophia.

Spoiler

Fae is the only unit who can give Renewal as a 4*. Problem is that she's the only green dragon in the game and she can only be summoned as a 4* to 5*. This could make her very difficult for some to get. For those who really, really need Renewal even if it's Renewal 2, then 4* Jakob and Lissa are your only options. Jakob also has the benefit of being 5* summonable, so he's your other alternative to getting Renewal 3 through summoning. Renewal 2 is still good, but yes, it's not Renewal 3.

Virion being able to give Seal Speed 3 can be dumb if you combine it with Deathly, Rogue, or Silver Dagger. With Rogue Dagger+ and Silver Dagger, you can debuff a unit by -5 Def/Res and -7 Spd while Deathly Dagger and Silver Dagger+ ups this to -7 Def/Res and -7 Spd. Seal Attack would lower damage someone takes, but effectively crippling a unit's defenses and ability to double or let someone else double is pretty good. Unfortunately, it's really niche. I can only see dedicated support thieves making use of it; Jaffar might be better off with Poison Strike 3 to take 17 damage after combat and Kagero is better off killing stuff.

For units using Brave weapons, especially fast ones, and units with very high attack and speed, you could make an argument that having Dragon Fang or, depending on the build, Glacies and Ignis is better than having Draconic Aura, Bonfire, or Iceberg. Why? These units tend to kill units very easily and for Brave weapon users, they can charge their specials very quickly. So, why not have an overkill special that could make weapon triangle disadvantage seem nonexistent? From kills 1 and 2, a 3 cooldown would activate on the second kill which might seems wasted since they might have already died to a normal hit. A 4 cooldown, however, would activate on kill 3 which could possibly be a unit with WTA.

I'd also add in Clair and Lukas to the list.

Spoiler

Clair can only really give Hit and Run. She can't give Spur Speed 3 as a 4* for some reason, Harsh Command is uncommonly used as far as I know, and Silver Lance can be gotten from Effie or Jagen. That's pretty much it. If you treat Hit and Run the same as Drag Back for Brave weapon users, then Drag Back is easier to get and isn't anything really different. Brave weapon users tend to kill if they attack and Drag Back still activates after an enemy is dead despite there being nobody to drag back. If it didn't, then Hit and Run would definitely be the better option. Drag Back being able to drag a unit back is also useful since if it takes 2 rounds to kill a unit, you can continually drag them back to get further out of range. Hit and Run just goes back and forth. Or you could drag back an enemy and have someone else finish them. With Hit and Run, you'd have to use the same unit to attack again or have someone else go up to finish which could potentially leave 2 units in enemy range instead of 1 or none.

Lukas can only give a full set of Obstruct as a 4* which is pretty niche, but useful on defensive maps since you can just stop units from moving around unless they, especially cavaliers, have Pass. Fortress Defense is interesting, but also niche. Units who are used as physical tanks tend to have high defense to begin with and can just get a defense buff like Xander getting someone's Fortify Def or Cavalry. Fortress Defense does that, but also takes 3 attack from them. Not really great when you kind of want a tank to do damage as well. So, if they have that, then buffing their attack only really gives them +1 to their attack or +2 for Hone Armor, Cavalry, or Flyers. You'd need someone else with Spur Attack or a Goad skill. You could have just used Fury or Defense +3 and have on-field offensive and defensive buffs help out. That just leaves Killer Lance and Sacred Cowl. Killer Lance is good, but like most weapons, can't get the + version unless they're a 5* and Sacred Cowl is uncommonly used as far as I know.

Just my opinions on things. Take them as you will.

Edited by Kaden

1 hour ago, Thor Odinson said:

Will probably pass on this one unless there is groom ryoma or something

ryoma is my weakness

but honestly i don't want groom ryoma i want bbq dad ryoma

Halloween costume Ryoma, inside mascot type lobster suit.

1 hour ago, Maymeimai said:

Yep, I am anticipating L'arachel for quite a while... Also, I have zero interest in brides. More orbs to save, yay!

the waifu is not part of the FE franchise

Its too bad healers are kind of bad in this game :/

L'Arachel isn't gonna be so great unfortunately. If there isn't a Magvel Banner next, we riot

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Its too bad healers are kind of bad in this game :/

L'Arachel isn't gonna be so great unfortunately. If there isn't a Magvel Banner next, we riot

Yeah, maybe they will pay for the sin they comitted with Lucius and make her mounted mage? haha yeah right

Where is best mage Lute? Good guy Franz? I-cant-stand-another-sword-user-in-this-game-except-u-pls-come-Joshua?

2 minutes ago, Maymeimai said:

Yeah, maybe they will pay for the sin they committed with Lucius and make her mounted mage? haha yeah right

If they really do that, I think I'm gonna bungee jump off a cliff. There's a small hope in me that this could be a possibility but it might not happen :/

Why you make healers bad IS?

3 minutes ago, Maymeimai said:

Where is best mage Lute? Good guy Franz? I-cant-stand-another-sword-user-in-this-game-except-u-pls-come-Joshua?

Joshua.....

He's what I'm looking forward to seeing the most. The crit animations of sword masters goes a LONG way into my appreciation for him.

But what about wyvern-with-a-lance Cormag!?!?!?

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

If they really do that, I think I'm gonna bungee jump off a cliff. There's a small hope in me that this could be a possibility but it might not happen :/

Why you make healers bad IS?

Joshua.....

He's what I'm looking forward to seeing the most. The crit animations of sword masters goes a LONG way into my appreciation for him.

But what about wyvern-with-a-lance Cormag!?!?!?

If Cormag comes, Tana needs to come too the ship is real

And the only two events that Im expecting are halloween and christmas, but I need to wait for a little while so... lol

15 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Ephraim x Tana is the truth though.

I think you misspelled "Eirika".

10 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Freaking finally.

Thank goodness for Grand Hero Battle repeats.

"Welcome to my army you piece of filth"

Glad to know you're happy he joined your army

9 minutes ago, Maymeimai said:

eirika x tana x l'arachel next banner confirmed p:

It would be so cool if they put Ephraim and Eirika in addition to the other 4 on that banner when it comes!

Then I'd get a chance at pulling Best Prince Ephraim! Wonderful!

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

It would be so cool if they put Ephraim and Eirika in addition to the other 4 on that banner when it comes!

Then I'd get a chance at pulling Best Prince Ephraim! Wonderful!

Well they didn't add Nino or Raven when Blazing Shadows arrived so...

Also I guess us two have yet to pull Ephraim. Wanna make a bet to see who pulls him first?

2 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Wanna make a bet to see who pulls him first?

"I don't pick fights bets I know I can't win"

3 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Well they didn't add Nino or Raven when Blazing Shadows arrived so...

I was going off of lord status rather than relevance heh