• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

21 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm debating on whether or not to train up this +Spd -Atk Clarine.

If you intend to give Clarine Wrathful Staff, then no. If you don't, then sure.

49 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Prepromotes used to be better back in the older games, since now stat caps and infinite leveling in the new ones leave them in the dust, in my opinion.

Don't know about Echos, but Camilla is a pre-promote and she's probably the best unit in Conquest. Bases, growths, availability, everything about her is as good as it gets. (Even her internal level is great---it's not as ridiculous as Gunter, Felicia, or Jakob, but she gets access to level 15 skills about 5 levels 'sooner' than everyone since she gets exp like she was 5 levels lower. That said, you can replicate that with early promoting at level 10. Odin's probably the only one worth doing that for, though, since he can early promote to become a second Camilla/Jakob to carry early game, and then stay relevant off the back of his bat-shit insane skillset: Swordfaire, L&D, and easy as hell Trample access for some crazy Levin sword damage as a Dark Knight. You don't need crits or special skills when your skillset gives +20 damage.)

Edited by DehNutCase

8 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Don't know about Echos, but Camilla is a pre-promote and she's probably the best unit in Conquest. Bases, growths, availability, everything about her is as good as it gets. (Even her internal level is great---it's not as ridiculous as Gunter, Felicia, or Jakob, but she gets access to level 15 skills about 5 levels 'sooner' than everyone since she gets exp like she was 5 levels lower. That said, you can replicate that with early promoting at level 10. Odin's probably the only one worth doing that for, though, since he can early promote to become a second Camilla/Jakob to carry early game, and then stay relevant off the back of his bat-shit insane skillset: Swordfaire, L&D, and easy as hell Trample access for some crazy Levin sword damage as a Dark Knight. You don't need crits or special skills when your skillset gives +20 damage.)

Wait how is the route for this Odin set up?

@DehNutCase, that's actually a really good counterpoint, no idea how I missed her.

At the same time, practically all of the royals in both routes are much better relative to the rest of the cast, with Xander and Ryoma standing out the most among prepromotes besides Camilla.

@JSND Heart seal to Samurai, promote at 10, Swordmaster to 15, MoA for one level, pair with Camilla / Elise for Malig Knight, finish as Dark Knight, I assume?

Both make a great Ophelia on top of that and give you early Calamity Gate access which is pretty great, on that note.

Edited by MrSmokestack

12 minutes ago, JSND said:

Wait how is the route for this Odin set up?

Class change into Samurai (instant 12 speed, doubles everything forever just off his bases---and he has 55% spd growth or something because why not). Promote into swordmaster, Odin now wins everything forever---get Swordfaire, turn Master of Arms for L&D, do whatever you want because Odins a freak of nature.

Edit: Don't forget Odin has Vantage naturally... on a unit who gets +20 damage versus infantry (and +15 vs. non infantry), if you grab trample for him. With 1-2 range access via Levin. 

Conquest only, though, from what I've heard Odin comes way to late, way too low level to be useful in revelations.

Edited by DehNutCase

I was thinking about giving Genny a recover staff and the miracle special.

Assuming Genny got off one heal earlier; if she were attacked, lived, and counterattacked, would the special be active?

2 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

I was thinking about giving Genny a recover staff and the miracle special.

Assuming Genny got off one heal earlier; if she were attacked, lived, and counterattacked, would the special be active?

You need 6 special charge for Miracle: This means she needs to do/take 5 actions in addition to her heal. So... unless she's eating a brave weapon quad hit that somehow doesn't kill her---nope.

13 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Class change into Samurai (instant 12 speed, doubles everything forever just off his bases---and he has 55% spd growth or something because why not). Promote into swordmaster, Odin now wins everything forever---get Swordfaire, turn Master of Arms for L&D, do whatever you want because Odins a freak of nature.

Edit: Don't forget Odin has Vantage naturally... on a unit who gets +20 damage versus infantry (and +15 vs. non infantry), if you grab trample for him. With 1-2 range access via Levin. 

Conquest only, though, from what I've heard Odin comes way to late, way too low level to be useful in revelations.

Huh seems interesting to tinker around. Something like Odin -> Myrm, L10 instant promote into SM, went into x/15 go into MOA for LnD, and one last seals into MK or DK sounds good

And i thought Gunter, Silas, and Felicia had a busted skillset

Edited by JSND

So, uh.

For a while, I've been noticing that my Hinoka doesn't kill things as well as she should. She's -Atk, but she has Triangle Adept 2 and Quick Riposte, so that should be enough to finish off most red units in one round, right? That's how I remembered it working at first, but for a while now, she seemed to keep falling short.

...Turns out she had a Brave Lance equipped. Not a Brave Lance+.

I think I needed to lower her attack for some quest ages ago and forgot to switch it back.

Better late than never, I guess.

Just now, Phoenix_Kensai said:

but she has Triangle Adept 2 and Quick Riposte

Ah the classic 'I wish I were Cordelia' build. Which is ironic, since Cordelia wants to drop TA3 ASAP since all it does it prevent her from killing things.

1 minute ago, Phoenix_Kensai said:

I think I needed to lower her attack for some quest ages ago and forgot to switch it back.

Might be better to just swap to steel next time you need to do that, since it's kind of obvious when you're using Steel rather than Brave+.

32 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

The Royale Siblings are shamelessly made better than the average unit... Specially Ryoma and Camilla.

I'm not interested in the bride banner lineup at all, so I decided to spend the 20 orbs I'd been holding. Didn't get any 5*s, so it wouldn't have actually mattered when I spent them, but I did get my first Lukas and Hinata, which is nice. I've gotten to like Lukas from playing Echoes, and Hinata is the most viable character to inherit Fury 3 from, although I still need another copy because I never get rid of my last copy of a character. Still, good to now only need one more of him now instead of two.

Archer Cordelia, interesting. If she keeps her absurd offenses, would end up better than Takumi with a brave-bow. Lyn is pretty neat, too, enemies can't counter and get debuffed with a can't counter debuff. (Also, gravity bullshit is now on, no counter + reposition = lololol.)

Also, Archer Cordelia has Rally Atk/Speed, neat. Guess Spectrum would be something like +2 all stats if it does show up, which is a bit of a pity, but a faux-Hone Infantry isn't bad.

Charlotte and Caeda will depend on their stats to be interesting. Not saying the +2 def/res weapons aren't, they're basically defensive Cymbeline, but costing -1MT hurts, and buff/debuff on attack weapons are hard to use. (+Atk/+Res is also pretty meh---+Atk/+Def is usually better, and even then people just run Fury instead.)

Edit: Link to reddit post on the subject:

Edited by DehNutCase

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

I was disappointed in Heroes' default Cordelia art, but man this Bridal art more than makes up for it <3

mine

I'm focus pulling Colorless and I'll steal all your 5*s

Charlotte's face in her attacking art though... That's weird as hell.

So conflicted... I need a red mage that isn't Raigh or Sophia which is the most practical objective, but bride Caeda, Cordelia, and Charlotte, though. Well, I only want Caeda and Charlotte for hilarity's sake while Cordelia's a bit more practical.

I should just promote Raigh...

-blade and -wolf tome rant in spoiler.

Spoiler

Related to Raigh: I remember some talk about -blade tomes which reminded me of something. -wolf tomes have the lowest MT and while they do well at their job, compared to the other anti-unit weapons, it is still low. Poison Dagger is a colorless weapon that is effective on 70-ish percent of the cast, is usable with units who are all fast, and by default, is found on a unit with high attack. Its low MT makes a lot of sense. Also, daggers all have effects in some way or another. Anti-armor weapons have normal MT to deal with knights having high defense in general and the other weapons tend to have more mundane, practical effects. Bows, are, well, bows, so... Anyway, -wolf tomes? They have to compete with tomes with spectacular effects: legendary tomes have their quirks that can be good or all right while having very high MT such as Aura, Excalibur, and Ragnarok, -raven tomes which allow a mage to have WTA against two colors, and -owl tomes which can be become very powerful by huddling your units together, and finally, -blade tomes which have the highest MT like normal tomes e.g. Rexcalibur+ and can become extremely powerful by buffing the user. -wolf tomes should have been 8 MT and 12 MT or at least 7 MT and 11 MT like -raven tomes not 6 MT and 10 MT.

-blade tomes... 9 MT and 13 MT like the normal tomes... An earlier discussion about them made me think about that today. Seriously? A regular team having 3 different buffs is enough to make a -raven tome noticeably powerful. Sharena alone can make a -blade tome powerful with her default Rally Attack and Fortify Def before Eirika and Ephraim post-Skill Inheritance was a thing. And then cavalry and flyer teams came into play. Dropping the MT might not work... Halving the damage bonus might work i.e. +6/+6 from Hone Cavalry only provides +6 damage bonus rather than +12. The hilarity is doing so would ground the other -blade tome users, but make Odin even worse.

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

mine

I'm focus pulling Colorless and I'll steal all your 5*s

Charlotte's face in her attacking art though... That's weird as hell.

Lowkey I'm probably not gonna have any orbs for this banner anyways because I'm spending everything I have searching for my sheep daughter

Oh, the bride banner was revealed?

Two blues and two colorless? Unfortunately, those were the colors that still have characters I really want to get. I guess I'll just have to wait for a banner with less blue and colorless focus units if I want to do that.

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Lowkey I'm probably not gonna have any orbs for this banner anyways because I'm spending everything I have searching for my sheep daughter

For me it's always limited units > focus units.

Anyway, since I'm pulling Colorless, I might have a shot at Faye or Genny anyway.

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

So conflicted... I need a red mage that isn't Raigh or Sophia which is the most practical objective, but bride Caeda, Cordelia, and Charlotte, though. Well, I only want Caeda and Charlotte for hilarity's sake while Cordelia's a bit more practical.

I should just promote Raigh...

-blade and -wolf tome rant.

Hide contents

Related to Raigh: I remember some talk about -blade tomes which reminded me of something. -wolf tomes have the lowest MT and while they do well at their job, compared to the other anti-unit weapons, it is still low. Poison Dagger is a colorless weapon that is effective on 70-ish percent of the cast, is usable with units who are all fast, and by default, is found on a unit with high attack. Its low MT makes a lot of sense. Also, daggers all have effects in some way or another. Anti-armor weapons have normal MT to deal with knights having high defense in general and the other weapons tend to have more mundane, practical effects. Bows, are, well, bows, so... Anyway, -wolf tomes? They have to compete with tomes with spectacular effects: legendary tomes have their quirks that can be good or all right while having very high MT such as Aura, Excalibur, and Ragnarok, -raven tomes which allow a mage to have WTA against two colors, and -owl tomes which can be become very powerful by huddling your units together, and finally, -blade tomes which have the highest MT like normal tomes e.g. Rexcalibur+ and can become extremely powerful by buffing the user. -wolf tomes should have been 8 MT and 12 MT or at least 7 MT and 11 MT like -raven tomes not 6 MT and 10 MT.

-blade tomes... 9 MT and 13 MT like the normal tomes... An earlier discussion about them made me think about that today. Seriously? A regular team having 3 different buffs is enough to make a -raven tome noticeably powerful. Sharena alone can make a -blade tome powerful with her default Rally Attack and Fortify Def before Eirika and Ephraim post-Skill Inheritance was a thing. And then cavalry and flyer teams came into play. Dropping the MT might not work... Halving the damage bonus might work i.e. +6/+6 from Hone Cavalry only provides +6 damage bonus rather than +12. The hilarity is doing so would ground the other -blade tome users, but make Odin even worse.

Funny story about -blade tome: Look at this Reinhardt:

Spoiler

Looks normal, right? Look again.

(Reinhardt is on defense with 1 hp.)

9 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

For me it's always limited units > focus units.

Anyway, since I'm pulling Colorless, I might have a shot at Faye or Genny anyway.

That's fair. 

I think I'm gonna wait and see how Cordelia's stats compare with Takumi's before I decide on whether or not to pull.