Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

The best thing about Catria is the voice. Shoutouts to the only actress not trying to sound like we just robbed her character from a cradle. Yes I know it's the same one as Felicia, is that supposed to be a gotcha?

And what's this about orbs for a GHB?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

In a tweet they promised an unspecified amount of orbs at an unspecified time in compensation for the fort-tiles-not-looking-like-fort-tiles on the Legion’s map.

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Celica has a superior ZR game compared to Sharena.

You mean Celica’s ZR is not that bad?

Edited by Vaximillian

9 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

The best thing about Catria is the voice. Shoutouts to the only actress not trying to sound like we just robbed her character from a cradle. Yes I know it's the same one as Felicia, is that supposed to be a gotcha?

Thats not a mutual thing

Felicia's voice actor is legitimately good. I'd even say Felicia's voice is the best FE ever got so far

1 minute ago, JSND said:

Thats not a mutual thing

Felicia's voice actor is legitimately good. I'd even say Felicia's voice is the best FE ever got so far

I didn't say she wasn't good. It just seems like she's constantly targeted by fans for we've got trouble memes. But if she were in a game where the voice acting stretched beyond three word snippets then Felicia would have sounded natural, even endearing. As is, she just seems to overreact to everything and her dialogue holds a laser focus on that.

More fully voiced games can't come soon enough. Echoes made Est and Mae not annoying. How do you even do that?

2 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

I didn't say she wasn't good. It just seems like she's constantly targeted by fans for we've got trouble memes. But if she were in a game where the voice acting stretched beyond three word snippets then Felicia would have sounded natural, even endearing. As is, she just seems to overreact to everything and her dialogue holds a laser focus on that.

More fully voiced games can't come soon enough. Echoes made Est and Mae not annoying. How do you even do that?

Memes is just that memes, it will exist regardless

Actually in this place + reddit people mostly praised Felicia's VA. Japanese Felicia is a generic cute girl. US Felicia actually sounds clumsy

But yeah fully voiced game is the hype. I need to get my hard on from hearing FE3's climax voiced

10 minutes ago, JSND said:

Actually in this place + reddit people mostly praised Felicia's VA. Japanese Felicia is a generic cute girl. US Felicia actually sounds clumsy

I tuned out of Serenes when Fates was relevant but a quick search for "Felicia" turned up this immediately. And it's definitely a 50/50 split on western launch day.

15 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

I tuned out of Serenes when Fates was relevant but a quick search for "Felicia" turned up this immediately. And it's definitely a 50/50 split on western launch day.

I didn't check Serenes much before Fates launched, but I remember when Felicia's dub was revealed in an NA preview video and people elsewhere were horrified at her new voice by a pretty vast majority.

Personally, I'm pretty indifferent her dub voice, as with most of them, though I admit her "awawawawa" thing in the Japanese one is pretty cute compared to "Wooahh we got trouble!"

The only notable dub vs Jap voices to me were Camilla and Oboro. I didn't like Camilla's dub as it was a lot less sultry/sexy, while Oboro's I found a lot better than that grating Japanese one. I like the woman they picked for Camilla's voice in Heroes a lot, though.(Misty Lee, I think?) Especially when she's doing Spring Camilla. "Cute widdle bunnies, like me." Oh lordy.

Edited by Alkaid

11 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I didn't check Serenes much before Fates launched, but I remember when Felicia's dub was revealed in an NA preview video and people elsewhere were horrified at her new voice by a pretty vast majority.

Personally, I'm pretty indifferent her dub voice, as with most of them, though I admit her "awawawawa" thing in the Japanese one is pretty cute compared to "Wooahh we got trouble!"

The only notable dub vs Jap voices to me were Camilla and Oboro. I didn't like Camilla's dub as it was a lot less sultry/sexy, while Oboro's I found a lot better than that grating Japanese one. I like the woman they picked for Camilla's voice in Heroes a lot, though.(Misty Lee, I think?) Especially when she's doing Spring Camilla. "Cute widdle bunnies, like me." Oh lordy.

"We've got trouble" was probably the only real badly executed line, and that was the one that ended up defining her VA for a while which is kind of sad.

Even though I don't really care for Camilla, her localization transition went from obsessive big sis to obsessive granny.

I DID NOT like Oboro's Japanese VA. I'm glad they went away from that.

Edited by KongDude

8 minutes ago, KongDude said:

"We've got trouble" was probably the only real badly executed line, and that was the one that ended up defining her VA for a while which is kind of sad.

Even though I don't really care for Camilla, her localization transition went from obsessive big sis to obsessive granny.

To be fair, Felicia's Japanese voice was similarly defined by "awawawa," so I guess it's no surprise.

Oboro's Japanese VA was like nails on a chalkboard for me, so I'm super glad that changed.

I feel like Peri's voice was pretty divided, too. I don't remember her Japanese one, but it seems like people either found the dub fine or jumped on the Tommy Pickles from Rugrats meme. I didn't even have that come to mind at first, and I thought it was one of my favorite voices in Fates. She could totally cut all the crust off my sandwich.

I don't know WHAT happened in heroes though. "WAHAHA-HA! To make the blood spatters more spattery-er!" Ugh, I'm really not a fan.

I'm personally a fan of Felicia's dubbed VA; it's actually part of what made me like her as a character. To me, the VA did a great job capturing how lovably clumsy she was without making her too much of a moeblob. 

Now Effie's dubbed VA on the other hand...I think the VA herself did fine with what she voiced, but what she voiced is nothing like the JP Effie's character. I don't think it's the VA's fault since I heard she was given very little instruction on what Effie the character was like and just went with the localization team's ridiculous caricature, but it makes me really sad since the dubbed voice just doesn't fit Effie at all, especially if you know what she's like in the original version. 

5 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

To be fair, Felicia's Japanese voice was similarly defined by "awawawa," so I guess it's no surprise.

Oboro's Japanese VA was like nails on a chalkboard for me, so I'm super glad that changed.

I feel like Peri's voice was pretty divided, too. I don't remember her Japanese one, but it seems like people either found the dub fine or jumped on the Tommy Pickles from Rugrats meme. I didn't even have that come to mind at first, and I thought it was one of my favorite voices in Fates. She could totally cut all the crust off my sandwich.

I don't know WHAT happened in heroes though. "WAHAHA-HA! To make the blood spatters more spattery-er!" Ugh, I'm really not a fan.

I don't remember the "awawawawa"... I really want to hear it now.

I can barely remember Peri's Japanese voice, but man her Heroes is bad. Generally, Heroes got a lot of voices down pretty well for a mobile game. Peri was one of those that tried way too hard to work with the character.

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Now Effie's dubbed VA on the other hand...I think the VA herself did fine with what she voiced, but what she voiced is nothing like the JP Effie's character. I don't think it's the VA's fault since I heard she was given very little instruction on what Effie the character was like and just went with the localization team's ridiculous caricature, but it makes me really sad since the dubbed voice just doesn't fit Effie at all, especially if you know what she's like in the original version. 

While I don't mind her English voice that much, I really wish we got the more lady-like Effie.

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'm personally a fan of Felicia's dubbed VA; it's actually part of what made me like her as a character. To me, the VA did a great job capturing how lovably clumsy she was without making her too much of a moeblob. 

I totally forgot about Effie somehow. She's probably the worst dub for me, for the same reasons you've said. I had hoped Heroes might try to be more like Japanese Effie, but sadly they just treated her the same as in the Fates dub.

i didn't play much of fates and I stopped a little after I got felicia and I never really did use her

but when I got her in heroes I liked her voice a lot and I ended up training her up because I liked it so much. she was pretty much the only fates characters I ever used because I actually wanted to. i thought she sounded really nice and endearing, without reaching a point where it was obnoxious. not sure what people's problem with her voice is. i think she got one of the absolute best ones here

a lot of the replacement voices are a bit unfortunate though. ike and mist's are a lot better than their old ones (although that's not exactly a huge feat), but some like niles and peri sound pretty bad. noire is pretty much the only character from awakening or fates that I like, but apparently her voice actress also voiced female robin, who has a new voice here, so I'm really hoping her new voice is good if she's ever added here. it's definitely one that could pretty easily go badly, with the screaming and laughing and all

Edited by unique

10 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I don't remember the "awawawawa"... I really want to hear it now.

Found an example for you.

I think with the Japanese voices on, she also does "awawa" as one of her lines when you click to move her in Heroes as well.

11 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Found an example for you.

I think with the Japanese voices on, she also does "awawa" as one of her lines when you click to move her in Heroes as well.

wait did the bad guy in that video use fucking ragnarok

or is that just a similar looking spell

it even makes the same sound though 

1 minute ago, unique said:

wait did the bad guy in that video use fucking ragnarok

or is that just a similar looking spell

it even makes the same sound though 

That is, in fact, Ragnarok.

Basically Silver Weapon for Nohrian tomes.

45 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I like Oboro's Japanese voice because it's incredibly distinctive. It also fits really well with her eyes.

As someone who hasn't yet played Fates, I felt her appearance and voice in Heroes fit with each other rather well. As in, I was not surprised with her voice when hearing it for the first time.

6 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

She does.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I like Oboro's Japanese voice because it's incredibly distinctive. It also fits really well with her eyes.

<3 <3<3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3<3<3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3  <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

OBORO'S VOICE IS GREAT IN ALL LANGUAGES AND DIALECTS

1 hour ago, Rezanator said:

When I got Lachesis I was expecting her to have a high pitch voice. I was pleasantly surprised at hearing her deep elegant voice.

YES. Lachesis's voice literally threw me off when I first heard it. She is a sarcastic and sharp witted individual, So I expected a high pitch, like Nowi on crystal meth. 

In a vacuum I like Effie's voice since deeper voices, male or female, are more pleasant to me in general, but I do agree it's not fitting for her original character. It's a shame they made her a gym junkie caricature, because not every strong woman has to be portrayed like that. Variety is good.

Her JP voice is fine, anyway. I don't mind high voices if they're soft and not squeaky.

Edited by Thor Odinson