Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

29 minutes ago, JSND said:

did bow hit 5 times in mh aside from like spread?

it probably doesn't matter because its not Teostra and Seregios lul

It's Pierce 5, so it hits 5 times. Murders goddamn Rathalos.

RIP Regios and Teostra bows though, they're both kinda bleh in XX

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Who needs level 3 Pierce 5 when you can have level 4 Rapid 5 on a bow with 360 Attack, 60 Defense, and 3 slots? (...Ignoring the fact that Atlal Ca's 真名ウプウアウト can only equip Power Coating 2.)

Atoraru Ka was a mistake

But I think Red Fatalis bow is the best in XX, can't remember. Ala bow was swole in X but nerfed in XX ;_;

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I know that the armor slaying weapons are, in general, pretty lame but Ceada's armorslayer really takes the cake. 

Hector still kills her and she doesnt do THAT much in retaliation. Sheena completely stone walls her thanks to her passive (side note: the one i just fought had Guard, so she was literally impossible for my team to beat because ceada couldn't get her special going and did 2 damage total) and high defense. Pretty sure she gets owned by Draug and can't really do anything back. Wendy & Effie are right out. Zephial...probably still kills her instantly, but you never see those in the tower. And all the generic armors are just awful to fight no matter what.

11 minutes ago, r_n said:

I know that the armor slaying weapons are, in general, pretty lame but Ceada's armorslayer really takes the cake. 

Hector still kills her and she doesnt do THAT much in retaliation. Sheena completely stone walls her thanks to her passive (side note: the one i just fought had Guard, so she was literally impossible for my team to beat because ceada couldn't get her special going and did 2 damage total) and high defense. Pretty sure she gets owned by Draug and can't really do anything back. Wendy & Effie are right out. Zephial...probably still kills her instantly, but you never see those in the tower. And all the generic armors are just awful to fight no matter what.

I agree that armorslaying weapons are lackluster in Heroes, but the specific cases you mention are less because armorslayers suck and more because Caeda is a pretty terrible offensive unit without SI or team support. She's dumped all of her attack and defense for speed and resistance, which makes her really not suited at all for fighting armored units. 

12 minutes ago, r_n said:

Yeah...Caeda's not really doing a whole lot outside of a flier team with a renovated skill set, unfortunately.

She should have come with the Wing Spear.  I honestly don't get why she didn't; a 16Might weapon that slayed both horses and armours would be ridiculous...Wait, I think I answered my own question.  Still, someone with art as good as Caeda deserves it!

I think the Armorslayer was the closest they were willing to go with that one =P . Even if they did give her the Wing Spear, idk if they'd count it as a "legendary" weapon.

She does deserve it though.

8 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I agree that armorslaying weapons are lackluster in Heroes, but the specific cases you mention are less because armorslayers suck and more because Caeda is a pretty terrible offensive unit without SI or team support. She's dumped all of her attack and defense for speed and resistance, which makes her really not suited at all for fighting armored units. 

Yeah I know she's the extreme example but she is just so frustrating

6 minutes ago, Refa said:

She should have come with the Wing Spear.  I honestly don't get why she didn't; a 16Might weapon that slayed both horses and armours would be ridiculous...Wait, I think I answered my own question.  Still, someone with art as good as Caeda deserves it!

I feel like if she were released later, she absolutely would have gotten it as a prf weapon. Jaffar, of all people, got a personal dagger so why not, really. You could easily imagine a ceada-lead banner with Wing Spear. Though it would probably be something like 14 might and only effective against armors or horses.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

I'm fairly sure Caeda is the only unit pullable at 5* with an armour-slaying weapon at all, actually.

Unless you're counting Ephraim's Heavy Spear, yeah, that's accurate.

Just now, LordFrigid said:

The reference I'm using (Lin's spreadsheet in my signature) uses 'can I pull a + variant of this weapon naturally, or do I need feathers?' as a metric.

So no, I'm not particularly concerned with the pre-legendary weapons. Though I will state that Linde or one of the Freege retainers is the only way to get Thoron.

Wing Spear won't really help in this game imo

My gut feeling says the real problem is how Effective Weapon work in this game. 1.5 ATK and 1.5 WP make them effectively just a 18 MT weapon in some cases

But the actual reason is because Caeda didn't promote in this game. Caeda have always been insane because she's not a Pegasus Knight, but rather a Dracoknight. Catria is literally the only Falcon Knight in Archanea

Edited by JSND

23 minutes ago, Refa said:

while wing spear could've been a little too good, I don't get why they chose armorslayer over heavy spear, since that would've at least been closer to the wing spear

1 minute ago, unique said:

while wing spear could've been a little too good, I don't get why they chose armorslayer over heavy spear, since that would've at least been closer to the wing spear

Lack of Sword Flier + Her OG weapon being Iron Sword

Heavy Spear Caeda would actually be worse than Armorslayer Caeda so theres..... that

41 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

That's neat, I didn't know there were any characters with ultimate weapons preceded by something other than a silver or equivalent weapon. Are there any others?

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

That's neat, I didn't know there were any characters with ultimate weapons preceded by something other than a silver or equivalent weapon. Are there any others?

None that I know of off the top of my head...unless you count Mystletainn being preceded by Killing Edge (that one makes more sense than Heavy Spear → Siegmund though). The only reason I knew about Ephraim was because I just happened to notice it when I pulled him all those months ago =P .

4 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

None that I know of off the top of my head...unless you count Mystletainn being preceded by Killing Edge (that one makes more sense than Heavy Spear → Siegmund though). The only reason I knew about Ephraim was because I just happened to notice it when I pulled him all those months ago =P .

I'd count that, sure. That one has functional cohesion, while Ephraim's references his other personal lance in FE8, so they both make sense in different ways.

Interestingly, despite using the Hauteclere which has the same effect as Mystletainn, Minerva and Michalis both have Silver Axe as their 3* weapon.

7 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

i'm pretty sure ephraim having a heavy spear is supposed to be a reference to reginlief

since ephraim always comes as a 5 star, it's less of an upgrade from it and more of another option

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'd count that, sure. That one has functional cohesion, while Ephraim's references his other personal lance in FE8, so they both make sense in different ways.

Interestingly, despite using the Hauteclere which has the same effect as Mystletainn, Minerva and Michalis both have Silver Axe as their 3* weapon.

Hm. The Silver Sword+ has two wielders, while the Silver Axe+ has only one. Maybe that's why.

8 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Does he like her legs

Why did you choose this to be your question? LOLOLOLOL

16 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Ayyy lmao my dad just got his first 5*, Lyn.

I've pulled 2 already XD Hope he enjoys that galeforce!

What's her nature?

2 hours ago, r_n said:

I feel like if she were released later, she absolutely would have gotten it as a prf weapon. Jaffar, of all people, got a personal dagger so why not, really. You could easily imagine a ceada-lead banner with Wing Spear. Though it would probably be something like 14 might and only effective against armors or horses.

None of the anti-armor anti-cavalry exclusive "starter" weapons are in this game.

Marth doesn't have Rapier. Roy doesn't have Rapier. Eliwood doesn't have Rapier. Lyn doesn't have Mani Katti. Hector doesn't have Wolf Beil. Eirika doesn't have Rapier. Ephraim doesn't have Reginleif. Ike doesn't have Regal Sword. I don't remember anything from Awakening and haven't played Fates, but if there were equivalents there, they don't exist in this game either.

There's literally no reason for Wing Spear to exist in this game.

And yet I still hope Micaiah has Thani.

They did Caeda so dirty in this game, no respect at all for the OG PK.  However, I intend to make her work as one of my long-term projects, incorporating her into my flying team.  Red is my favorite color to pull, if only for the slim chance I can pull her at +Atk...

Edited by DLNarshen