Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Oh, and I’m here, if anybody wondered (why would you though):

Reveal hidden contents

1qEMvqE.jpg

For some reason I always imagined it was further west. Weird.

But yeah, hot weather sucks. The first half of this week was pure hell for me, but I somehow got through. Not looking forward to having that temprature for longer then a few days in a row...

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

For some reason I always imagined it was further west. Weird.

But yeah, hot weather sucks. The first half of this week was pure hell for me, but I somehow got through. Not looking forward to having that temprature for longer then a few days in a row...

It's like a freaking sauna with this blasted humidity too. I can't go more than 2 seconds outside without sweating like crazy...

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Oh, and I’m here, if anybody wondered (why would you though):

Reveal hidden contents

1qEMvqE.jpg

I live on the West Pole.

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

It's like a freaking sauna with this blasted humidity too. I can't go more than 2 seconds outside without sweating like crazy...

Yeah, humidity makes this all the worse. It was exactly the same for me until Friday. I'm pretty scared it'll heat up again soon...

I've only Pulled Vun Women since May and am sitting on over a hundred Orbs, now.  I'm getting the itch to Pull more, but I'd like to know what the next Banner's going to be before I blow any Orbs.  Magvel or Dawn Brigade would be nice.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I've only Pulled Vun Women since May and am sitting on over a hundred Orbs, now.  I'm getting the itch to Pull more, but I'd like to know what the next Banner's going to be before I blow any Orbs.  Magvel or Dawn Brigade would be nice.

Can't wait for Healer Micaiah!

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Part of me thinks it might be the cipher gang, but I imagine they would have mentioned that during one of cipher's streams.

The choose your hero banner is summer right? Or was it the fall

I doubt we'll come into 20 orbs before the Vantage and Echoes banners end (Voting Gauntlet would have fixed that but lol10orbsnow) so I'm officially saving my orbs. Olivia could use a Ruby Sword+ and plenty of characters could use Fury but I'm not blowing on a banner for that. I don't need Eldigan, lol@5StarJagen. Healer banners don't interest me because no Serra. I like Priscilla, Elise is the most optimal healer, I like Sakura and Lissa's Renewal 3 is delicious but the chance of getting the healers I want are already slim so there's no point. I'm satisfied with my *4 +2 Sakura and Wrys. It seems I'm officially saving orbs until future banners. Let's see how many I can stock up before an alluring banner.

6 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Ninian is great and all, but you know you want that Oboro first ;)

I already have TWO of those. I don't need Oboro in my lyfe, Lukas takes good care of me.

6 hours ago, Arcanite said:

ALL I WANT IS A MAGVEL BANNER

GIVE ME SETH PLZZZZZZZZ

Needs more Ross, Lute and Marisa.

Magvel could make me cough up, but at this point it depends on the units. Ross, Lute, Ewan, Marisa, Colm? Sure. Joshua, eh, maybe. Knoll, Tana, Innes, Gilliam? Pass. L'Arachel, Seth, Rennac, Cormag? Perhaps.

At this point the 4 best ways to make me want to spend are A. Dawn Brigade with Edward. B. CYL with a good Lyn. C. A Banner with regular Lyn. D. A banner with a LnD3 character.

Edited by Zeo

I've been saving orbs up since the bride banner gave me a cordelia super early into it. I did a pull for kicks on the vantage banner yesterday and spent 2 or 3 orbs on expanding my barracks...I still have 81 orbs.

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

There's a sadistic part of me that wants to see that happen. With how salty people got over Lachesis and Lucius being relegated to staff bots, I manage the saltiness that would result from healer Micaiah would be legendary and awe-inspiring. Though seriously, I personally wouldn't care if Micaiah gets a staff considering I don't give a crap about her anyways. Elincia, however, is a different story...

Just now, Tybrosion said:

There's a sadistic part of me that wants to see that happen. With how salty people got over Lachesis and Lucius being relegated to staff bots, I manage the saltiness that would result from healer Micaiah would be legendary and awe-inspiring. Though seriously, I personally wouldn't care if Micaiah gets a staff considering I don't give a crap about her anyways. Elincia, however, is a different story...

Considering how I always use Elincia as a healer (flying healers are pretty great) and Micaiah as a magic nuke, I would be pretty salty if Micaiah became a healer and Elincia a sword user.

It would be pretty weird to make one of the main lords in the series a healer though.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Speaking of Elincia, what if Amiti was a brave without the speed penalty?

She starts with enough Str to wield the thing in RD.

I'm guessing it will just have higher power than the Brave Sword+ rather than lowering the speed, judging by Dire Thunder

2 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Considering how I always use Elincia as a healer (flying healers are pretty great) and Micaiah as a magic nuke, I would be pretty salty if Micaiah became a healer and Elincia a sword user.

It would be pretty weird to make one of the main lords in the series a healer though.

I honestly don't see them making either Micaiah or Elincia a staffbot. They could've given Celica that treatment given that she can use Recover but they didn't. Though Celica also doesn't use a staff to cast her healing magic while Micaiah (except in the case of Sacrifice) does, so there's that. I do hope that they don't screw one, or worse, both of them over because Amiti is awesome and it would be interesting to me what weapon they give Micaiah who, while she has Thani, lacks an exclusive legendary weapon unlike pretty much every other lord in the series. 

It's worth bearing in mind that between Xander and Charlotte, there seems to be a pattern of one as-yet unreleased unit per seasonal banner. So the next one probably will, as well.

The lack of guys on the last seasonal banner is unfortunate, but I'm hoping that's just because it was a bride-specific theme and won't extend to other banners. Although they could have had half the characters be guys in wedding dresses. They wouldn't have, but they could have.

39 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

You don't know when to stop, do you?

20 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Speaking of Elincia, what if Amiti was a brave without the speed penalty?

She starts with enough Str to wield the thing in RD.

Maybe it will be a Brave Sword+ with a Breath of Life 2 effect.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's worth bearing in mind that between Xander and Charlotte, there seems to be a pattern of one as-yet unreleased unit per seasonal banner. So the next one probably will, as well.

The lack of guys on the last seasonal banner is unfortunate, but I'm hoping that's just because it was a bride-specific theme and won't extend to other banners. Although they could have had half the characters be guys in wedding dresses. They wouldn't have, but they could have.

I feel like it's too early to find any patterns considering we only have 2 to go off of and Charlotte's kind of an outlier as-is since normal charlotte hadn't been in the code (& fightable!) since day 1 like Xander was. 

Side note: I dont think we'll get Charlotte for a while. They seem kind of hesitant to add more FE1, awakening & fates characters, probably since they had so many characters to begin with. Even adding more archanea characters had more focus on FE3/12 rather than FE1/11. The only new FE1/11 character being Athena, who was probably included here as reference to her inexplicable appearance in the 12 dlc map. Only other new-new units added have been seasonal units and masked marth.

23 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I honestly don't see them making either Micaiah or Elincia a staffbot. They could've given Celica that treatment given that she can use Recover but they didn't. Though Celica also doesn't use a staff to cast her healing magic while Micaiah (except in the case of Sacrifice) does, so there's that. I do hope that they don't screw one, or worse, both of them over because Amiti is awesome and it would be interesting to me what weapon they give Micaiah who, while she has Thani, lacks an exclusive legendary weapon unlike pretty much every other lord in the series. 

If anything, the best argument against Micaiah being implemented as a staff user in Heroes is the fact that Sacrifice was her defining thing, and Heroes's analogue, Ardent Sacrifice, cannot be learned by staff users.

25 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe it will be a Brave Sword+ with a Breath of Life 2 effect.

Wouldn't it make more sense for it to have the same effect as Binding Blade and Naga's +2 Def/Res when attacked which would kind of resemble its +3 to defense and resistance when equipped in it home games? The weird thing is what would its MT would be. We don't have a legendary Brave Bow or a legendary melee Brave, but bows and tomes share the same MT cap for "silver" and legendary weapons. So, if Brave Bow+ is 7 MT and Dire Thunder is 9 MT, a legendary Brave Bow would have 9 MT, so, 2 more MT. If we do that to melee Brave weapons, then Amiti could have 10 MT as a melee Brave weapon+ has 8 MT. Or, probably going to be the case, it could have its 9 MT from Path of Radiance -- RD's 15 MT would be hella busted if Elincia's attack is remotely high in Heroes. 9 or 10 MT for a legendary Brave Sword would still be good regardless.

If Elincia has 35 speed, she would only need 33 or 34 attack to be a red Cordelia because of Amiti's slightly higher MT. Most of the Brave weapon units have +30 attack with the exception of Olwen and most except for Gordin, Luke, and Reinhardt, have +30 speed too. So, she could be a usual Brave unit. Also, if Amiti's effect is +2 Def/Res when attacked and you run a regular L&D3 build on her, she technically would have L&D1's defense and resistance penalties on enemy phase which might not really matter, but could count.

I'm not sure if they would make her a regular Brave unit if they base her appearance in PoR who apparently has a much lower strength growth than in RD which could end up making her like Olwen. Problem is where would you dump the stats in and Caeda whose stat spreads would conflict if Elincia ends up with low attack, but high speed and high resistance.

9 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Problem is where would you dump the stats in and Caeda whose stat spreads would conflict if Elincia ends up with low attack, but high speed and high resistance.

They had no problem giving Alfonse (43/35/25/32/22), Laslow (44/35/26/30/22), and Seliph (47/34/24/30/22) nearly the exact same stat distributions.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They had no problem giving Alfonse (43/35/25/32/22), Laslow (44/35/26/30/22), and Seliph (47/34/24/30/22) nearly the exact same stat distributions.

Could Chrom (47/37/25/31/17) count too? Slightly higher attack and slightly lower resistance, but pretty much the same everything else.

I hope one day they give a completely unrelated character the exact same stats as someone else. Bonus points if they're the same color and unit type. Even more bonus points if they share a skill or three excluding tier 1 and 2 weapons.

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Could Chrom (47/37/25/31/17) count too? Slightly higher attack and slightly lower resistance, but pretty much the same everything else.

I hope one day they give a completely unrelated character the exact same stats as someone else. Bonus points if they're the same color and unit type. Even more bonus points if they share a skill or three excluding tier 1 and 2 weapons.

There's only so many combinations of stats that they can do, so there's bound to be several units with similar stats spreads.