• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Lushen said:

I wish HM went over 2,000.  I don't need the rewards, but I want to build up my unit's HM just to see who is doing all the work.

SP goes to 9,999. You can sort of measure the work with that.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

SP goes to 9,999. You can sort of measure the work with that.

True, but I spend my SP.  It's not as good.  Ah well, I guess it's as good as it gets.

Okay, a very important question is at hand. Are generic infantry mages male or female? I think they are women.
Lance fighters and pegasus riders have similarly thin(ner) legs and wear longer boots, as do the clerics who very obviously are female.

Sword and axe fighters, cavaliers (including mages) are obviously male and wear shorter boots.
Thieves I’m not sure at all but I think they might be male.

So generic sword, axe, and bow fighters, all cavaliers (excluding troubadours), all knights, and probably thieves are male;
and lance fighters, pegasus riders, clerics, troubadours, and infantry mages are female.

Right?

Edited by Vaximillian

30 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Okay, a very important question is at hand.

Debatable xD

30 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Are generic infantry mages male or female?

I'm thinking female.  My reasoning is that their feet are very tight and appear to be supported by a peg in the back, like a heel.  Some of the males have a similar peg (boots) but this one is much longer which makes it appear to be high heels (like lancers wear).  Additionally, their right hand that is holding the book appears to have very long fingernails.

Assuming they're not cross-dressing, I would say female.

Edited by Lushen

39 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Okay, a very important question is at hand. Are generic infantry mages male or female? I think they are women.
Lance fighters and pegasus riders have similarly thin(ner) legs and wear longer boots, as do the clerics who very obviously are female.

Sword and axe fighters, cavaliers (including mages) are obviously male and wear shorter boots.

So generic sword, axe, and bow fighters, all cavaliers (excluding troubadours), all knights, and probably thieves are male;
and lance fighters, pegasus riders, clerics, troubadours, and infantry mages are female.

Right?

RIGHT. Thieves look like kids to me.

So after hitting 4% on TT banner, the game shamelessly tells me in my face I'm unworthy of a focus Valentian unit, and instead it gives me 5* +def -sp Katarina. I won't bother on looking for more units until a new banner.

Gave Vantage and Draw Back to Katarina, and some Hone Attack 2 just in case.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Right?

Very important, yes.

If I had to guess, I'd say you're right. The pose the infantry mages make feels very femenine, and the shoes indeed seem to have high heels (although we don't see them). I'm not great when it comes to looking for details though.

edit: Looking at the thieves, I'm pretty sure they are male. All female units seem to have high heels, while the males don't. They would be pretty thin though.

Edited by Bartozio

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Right?

They kind of look like they're wearing high heels like the other girl units too. Very pointed tips. So I think that tracks, alongside everything else you pointed out. I was goign to ask if the damaged portraits give any other clues, but until now I never noticed that generics only have a single art to go with them 

Also man, the generic designs are pretty nice aren't they? I've always liked them, kind of hope Cipher makes cards of them eventually, could be fun.

Amazing how this game went from "Need to save all these feathers for that promotion" to "What the hell do I do with all these feathers?"

47 minutes ago, Jave said:

Amazing how this game went from "Need to save all these feathers for that promotion" to "What the hell do I do with all these feathers?"

I'm still on 'need all the feathers'. 

I spend so many just upgrading 3* units to 4* units for skills, and I have so many units I want to promote to 5*, and that's before even considering promoting units to 5* just for skills, which I won't be doing for a long time. 

Edited by Cute Chao

39 minutes ago, Jave said:

I'm with @Cute Chao, I don't think there ever will be a time where I won't find good use for feathers. CC added only around 21k feathers, gauntlets and TT are good sources, but how is that anywhere near an overflow?

I actually need some feathers myself - plan on promoting a Priscilla to 5*, but I just promoted Xander so I'm pretty much out of expendable feathers. I have about 60k feathers but I've reserved them for an eventual BK GHB, so it'll be a while before I can promote her.

Edited by Zelgius

Maybe "overflowing" was an exaggeration, but with the combination of having so many sources of Feathers in addition to having a huge pool of 5* units (so no hurry to promote anyone to 5*), the Feather count definitely seems to raise faster than it used to. I'm using them mostly to promote units to 4* for Skills, but I'm don't think I'm anymore in a situation where I need to desperately hoard them.

Screenshot_20170708-171625.png?width=241&height=429Screenshot_20170708-171703.png?width=241&height=429

Niles is so underrated. He's a great mage killer (having the highest res of the bow characters) and even then he can take out characters like Takumi as long as it's player phase with the build I have for him. The only bow character who has higher res than him when he has LnD is Faye, but she suffers from having the lowest spd with Gordin.

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

Couldn't figure out Infernal on my own and was getting frustrated with the stamina costs, so I used Chain Challenge to finish training up Donnel as the last needed character for mkv's strat. Using a team of 4*s rather than 3*s turned out to not be a problem for that strategy, and while I hadn't thought to consider it until just now, boon/bane weren't an issue either. Donnel's higher stats allowed him to take out Alm much more quickly, having barely enough Atk to kill him in four hits and barely enough HP to survive getting doubled and Draconic Aura'd by Alm's counterattack without defensive terrain, so with Olivia's help, he took him down in just one turn.

Like Tempest Trials, Chain Challenge is a very stamina-efficient way to grind. Makes the story maps a lot more exciting than they used to be, too.

Edited by Othin

2 hours ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

Screenshot_20170708-171625.png?width=241&height=429Screenshot_20170708-171703.png?width=241&height=429

Niles is so underrated. He's a great mage killer (having the highest res of the bow characters) and even then he can take out characters like Takumi as long as it's player phase with the build I have for him. The only bow character who has higher res than him when he has LnD is Faye, but she suffers from having the lowest spd with Gordin.

Nice, is that -Def/+Spd? Same as mine, though he's a 3 star still. I'm slowly transitioning to a period where I can promote units for fun rather than necessity. And I'm already loaded with 4 different 5* archers: Jeorge, Klein, B!Cordelia, and Rebecca. And Niles is competing with my +Atk/-Res 3* Virion for attention.

As for our feather income, yeah, it's totally increased. The arena was not available as I recall during the first few weeks, so the only means of getting feathers was sending units home and getting 15 a day from friends. Then the first voting gauntlet outfitted us with thousands for basically doing nothing, quests started awarding feathers, and now you can amass 30K+ each month without even needing to be an especially good player. More if you send home units often or grind hero merit. FeelsGoodMan

3 hours ago, Jave said:

Heh, I got a similar feel. I'm in between of those, the last unit I needed to promote was Tharja, who carried me through Veronica's Tempest Trial. The influx of feathers at these times is pretty amazing, such that I promoted Xander and now he's being of great use on the current Tempest.

Right now I have 11k, my next promotion will be Camus, just to complete his skill set.

10 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Nice, is that -Def/+Spd? Same as mine, though he's a 3 star still. I'm slowly transitioning to a period where I can promote units for fun rather than necessity. And I'm already loaded with 4 different 5* archers: Jeorge, Klein, B!Cordelia, and Rebecca. And Niles is competing with my +Atk/-Res 3* Virion for attention.

As for our feather income, yeah, it's totally increased. The arena was not available as I recall during the first few weeks, so the only means of getting feathers was sending units home and getting 15 a day from friends. Then the first voting gauntlet outfitted us with thousands for basically doing nothing, quests started awarding feathers, and now you can amass 30K+ each month without even needing to be an especially good player. More if you send home units often or grind hero merit. FeelsGoodMan

The arena was available from the start, but the rewards were much smaller and people were less prepared to get them. In the original version, max offense/defense rewards combined only gave 2,100 feathers, and you'd need to be in the top 10k rankings to get 2,000 ranking feathers. By now, max offense/defense rewards combined give 3,400 feathers and you can get 2,000 ranking feathers from Tier 19. (Tiers 19 and 20 combined have about 20k players right now.) So it took a long time for arena feathers to add up to much.

I finally got my Cecilia up to level 40 5*.  I love the Chain Challenge for the last few levels, but it makes me sad that we can only do those once.

@Arcanite@MaskedAmpharos@MrSmokestack I'll probably tinker with her set-up a bit, but now I have double-barred horse blade action.

n1LQd09.png

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I finally got my Cecilia up to level 40 5*.  I love the Chain Challenge for the last few levels, but it makes me sad that we can only do those once.

@Arcanite@MaskedAmpharos@MrSmokestack I'll probably tinker with her set-up a bit, but now I have double-barred horse blade action.

n1LQd09.png

HOW MANY IKES HAVE YOU KILLED!?

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Terrifying. Any plans to add Gronnraven or nah?

Speaking of Horses, I finally promoted and kitted a Reinhardt for Tempest Trials. ORKO'ing Celica is so very satisfying.