• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I've gotten myself up to 70 orbs. I don't want to pull on these new banners, but I would like some skill fodder and a 5 star axe other than Frederick. But I also don't want Summer Tiki. I wouldn't mind a better Summer Freddy either, but that's a bit lower priority. So conflicted...

If you're willing to put some work into axes (and don't want to spend your orbs), I've heard Legion is pretty good, and he was free, so that's always a perk. Apparently, he can run a Brave Axe set as good or better than Raven. (But I'm still partial to Raven, so I use him instead.) I also highly recommend Michalis if you got him. He's super tanky and strong, plus he has great weapon at 5 stars that lowers the activation of his special by 1.

I'm in the same boat though. I've got like 16 red 5 stars versus my 7 green 5 stars (and two of those were promoted with feathers; I think only 1 red unit was promoted). You could always pick a banner with no 5 star greens (since you don't want those being offered) and see what you get. You could get something good, or you could get characters you don't want/skill fodder. Personally, I'd say save your orbs and give a GHB unit some love (if you have them). I've gotten more use out of Xander, Camus, Ursula, and Michalis than just about any other unit!

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

If you're willing to put some work into axes (and don't want to spend your orbs), I've heard Legion is pretty good, and he was free, so that's always a perk. Apparently, he can run a Brave Axe set as good or better than Raven. (But I'm still partial to Raven, so I use him instead.) I also highly recommend Michalis if you got him. He's super tanky and strong, plus he has great weapon at 5 stars that lowers the activation of his special by 1.

I'm in the same boat though. I've got like 16 red 5 stars versus my 7 green 5 stars (and two of those were promoted with feathers; I think only 1 red unit was promoted). You could always pick a banner with no 5 star greens (since you don't want those being offered) and see what you get. You could get something good, or you could get characters you don't want/skill fodder. Personally, I'd say save your orbs and give a GHB unit some love (if you have them). I've gotten more use out of Xander, Camus, Ursula, and Michalis than just about any other unit!

I don't have Legion and I'm already planning to upgrade Michalis. I also don't have Xander or Ursula. And they're not even green anyway.

I don't have a Hector, but do you know what the next best thing is? Having a friend who has Hector, and giving her all sorts of tips to turn her Hector into a terror. She had a spare Lon'qu for vantage, so I told her to give that to Hector immediately. And if she comes across wings of mercy, I'll have to have her give that to him too. Man, this is so much fun.

She's also pulled a 4-star Reinhardt, so I'm going to have lots of fun giving her ideas on how to customize him XD

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I don't have Legion and I'm already planning to upgrade Michalis. I also don't have Xander or Ursula. And they're not even green anyway.

I was just providing Xander and Ursula as examples of characters that are great without needing to pull for them. (But for reals though. Ursula is amazing and if you ever get the opportunity to get her, you should. In the last Tempest Trial, Blade!Ursula could take out Veronica without taking any damage herself.)  But yeah. If you upgrade Michalis then you have another axe unit and don't need to worry about getting more for a bit. Right now, the green pool is pretty limited compared to the other ones...

Just now, Rafiel's Aria said:

I was just providing Xander and Ursula as examples of characters that are great without needing to pull for them. (But for reals though. Ursula is amazing and if you ever get the opportunity to get her, you should. In the last Tempest Trial, Blade!Ursula could take out Veronica without taking any damage herself.)  But yeah. If you upgrade Michalis then you have another axe unit and don't need to worry about getting more for a bit. Right now, the green pool is pretty limited compared to the other ones...

No thanks. Don't need or want Ursula.

But I agree, the green pool is a bit limited. IS needs to focus a bit more on it.

Berkut isn't here, and may not be here for weeks. So these feathers are burning a hole in my pocket. I guess I could promote F!Robin so that I have a 5 star mage that isn't blue or on a horse, but she isn't too great out of the box. I also pulled a +Spd/-Def Lilina, which I believe is optimal if you aren't going for the Sophia build that dumps speed. +Spd nets her four points instead of three, and I've got a lot of darting blow fodder to spare. But Lilina isn't leveled up to 40 yet. I could also flip a coin on Michalis or Narcian who have been waiting... 

Oh who am I kidding, nobody can resist the grandeur of a 5 star Narcian. Death to all that have used him as Lancebreaker fodder!

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No thanks. Don't need or want Ursula.

But I agree, the green pool is a bit limited. IS needs to focus a bit more on it.

Whatever. That's up to you! You do you, dude. Dat 80 ATK though tee hee.

Swords are definitely the most common weapon in the series so it makes sense that there are so many of them. But still, we've got some good axes to choose from. Ross, Garcia, Nolan, Jill, Libra (It'd be great if they gave him an axe instead of a staff)...

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Swords are definitely the most common weapon in the series so it makes sense that there are so many of them. But still, we've got some good axes to choose from. Ross, Garcia, Nolan, Jill, Libra (It'd be great if they gave him an axe instead of a staff)...

I'd dig having Jill, Haar, and Boyd. Also Kieran. Those are the axes this game really needs, imo. :P

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Including Saber and Gray, there are 31 sword units that are able to be summoned in the game right now. And this isn't counting GHB units or Masked Marth+Tobin. Again ... we really didn't need more red swords, IS!

Libra should definitely get an axe, won't quite make up for what they did to Lucius but it'll be good enough.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Including Saber and Gray, there are 31 sword units that are able to be summoned in the game right now. And this isn't counting GHB units or Masked Marth+Tobin. Again ... we really didn't need more red swords, IS!

Libra should definitely get an axe, won't quite make up for what they did to Lucius but it'll be good enough.

Soooo many swords. It's like, at this point, I can't really find a reason to upgrade a red sword unit except for the fact that I love them to death (like Laslow :3) or Palla because I need a red flier. I do appreciate that they're adding new weapons into the mix...but maybe they could do that more with other colors too. lol 

I would probably cry with joy if Libra actually got an axe. I don't know if he'll ever get added, but it'd be a small victory for me if he did. I'm actually holding out for Yukimura because the idea of a "mounted" dagger user makes me SUPER happy.

Edit: Poor Lucius... I've managed to make him into a monster though. So it's okay. He's on my Arena defense team, and I've gotten 4 wins thus far.

Edited by Rafiel's Aria

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Soooo many swords. It's like, at this point, I can't really find a reason to upgrade a red sword unit except for the fact that I love them to death (like Laslow :3) or Palla because I need a red flier. I do appreciate that they're adding new weapons into the mix...but maybe they could do that more with other colors too. lol 

I would probably cry with joy if Libra actually got an axe. I don't know if he'll ever get added, but it'd be a small victory for me if he did. I'm actually holding out for Yukimura because the idea of a "mounted" dagger user makes me SUPER happy.

Edit: Poor Lucius... I've managed to make him into a monster though. So it's okay. He's on my Arena defense team, and I've gotten 4 wins thus far.

Oh, speaking of Lucius ... I randomly pulled him around the time I got Faye. Mine is +atk -spd. I suppose that's not awful. He should never be hit anyway and can attempt to nuke things?

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Oh, speaking of Lucius ... I randomly pulled him around the time I got Faye. Mine is +atk -spd. I suppose that's not awful. He should never be hit anyway and can attempt to nuke things?

I love him. He's my favorite healer. It's a shame he's not quite as fast as he could be. Mine has neutral speed, and I have him SPD+3 which brings him up to 33 which is manageable. You could do the same for him, but he'll only get 29, I believe. (SPD seal gives him 30 though!) Still, I think he's a great unit. I've had him bait Reinhardts before. It's messy, and sometimes he can't do it depending on buffs and whether or not there are defensive tiles around, but it's USUALLY safe enough. And then Raven warps in for vengeance. +ATK Lucius is a GREAT option for Wrathful Staff. I think he's got the second or third highest attack (next to Genny...I can't remember where Elise stands in all of this), but he has the advantage of being a bit faster with more HP even if his DEF suffer. He can't soak up the buffs like horses, but he still gets the job done!

It's really nice to see maps of low RES units that he can clear on his own. He basically obliterates slower/tankier like Frederick and Hinata. 

32 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Heroes could also use a certain fighter who is really good at scoring critical hits with thrown axes, whenever it gets around to really digging into the FE5 roster.

Kind of wishing I'd gone a bit harder with the Echoes of Mystery banner a few weeks back, since now I really need a Firesweep Lance and a Wo Dao for my Shanna and Caeda, respectively.  Thankfully Roderick and Athena got bumped down to 4*s, but given the huge red and blue pool I can't say I'm optimistic lol

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, you saw that? Glad you think so. :)

I'm honored you though to look it up.

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

My Nolan radar just went off.  We need more husbandos.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I'd dig having Jill, Haar, and Boyd. Also Kieran. Those are the axes this game really needs, imo. :P

It seems like they might make Jill an Axe user, since they're making pretty much all Wyverns Axes, but she could be a Lance, too.

Just now, Rezzy said:

I'm honored you though to look it up.

It seems like they might make Jill an Axe user, since they're making pretty much all Wyverns Axes, but she could be a Lance, too.

Well, you're a nice person and you're one of only two SF members that I know the real names of (the other being Dragoncat who I mentioned before). :P

Jill would definitely get axes. Narcian did and he was always a lance wielder before.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Leon is enough to satisfy the husbando quota for a while. Too bad he doesn't swing that way so he'll never love me back :'(

Edited by Catria!

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Right thought? I'm 100% ready for the Dawn Brigade. I REAAAAAAAAAAALLY hope they give us a 5 character banner with Micaiah, Sothe, Nolan, Edward, and Leo. Micaiah and Sothe are pretty much a given, but I don't know how IS would have the heart to break up Nolan and his sons the other three just to have a 4 character banner.

I dislike the terms "waifu" and "husbando" but I never had to worry about that. :P Mine was already in the game from the start! Hee hee. *points to Freddy*

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, you're a nice person and you're one of only two SF members that I know the real names of (the other being Dragoncat who I mentioned before). :P

Jill would definitely get axes. Narcian did and he was always a lance wielder before.

Why, thank you.  Yeah, if I had to guess, Jill will get an Axe.  Maybe it will be one effective against shapeshifters.

16 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Right thought? I'm 100% ready for the Dawn Brigade. I REAAAAAAAAAAALLY hope they give us a 5 character banner with Micaiah, Sothe, Nolan, Edward, and Leo. Micaiah and Sothe are pretty much a given, but I don't know how IS would have the heart to break up Nolan and his sons the other three just to have a 4 character banner.

They haven't had a 5 person Banner yet, but maybe they'll do 6.  They could have Micaiah, Sothe, Nolan, Leonardo, Edward, and either Laura or Jill, since they like to keep the gender balance for some weird reason.  Ceclica's groups had 3 girls, so maybe this one will have more guys.

6 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

*Sword

I'm still a little miffed that they made Narcian an axe user...

What do you mean? Wyvern riders always wielded lances before RD went and changed that.

Dawn Brigade? Ew, no thanks. I'd rather Elincia, Kieran, and maybe the rest of her group come first. Would be a perfect second PoR banner.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

They haven't had a 5 person Banner yet, but maybe they'll do 6.  They could have Micaiah, Sothe, Nolan, Leonardo, Edward, and either Laura or Jill, since they like to keep the gender balance for some weird reason.  Ceclica's groups had 3 girls, so maybe this one will have more guys.

I definitely won't complain if we get more than 5. I'd probably prefer Jill over Laura, but Laura makes more sense since she joins the DB earlier on. ...then again Heroes has been known to make strange choices...like Klein and Sanaki on the sibling banner? lol They make sense WITH their siblings...but not together. I definitely wouldn't complain with more guys in a banner. I'd really like to see Pelleas as well.