Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I... was 1 USD short of being a Blue Whale at the end of February.

$7499 in the month of February. That's... apparently 14,000 orbs.

I envy you. Not even that you got that many orbs, but that you had that money to spend on a mobile game, passion or not.

Heck, whatever job you have, I want to work there.

Wait... by the end of February... WASN'T THAT THE MONTH THE GAME CAME OUT?!?!?!

Edited by Zeo

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I envy you. Not even that you got that many orbs, but that you had that money to spend on a mobile game, passion or not.

Heck, whatever job you have, I want to work there.

Well, I way overshot my budget that month, so I've been doing my best to just break even since then.

(I don't spend money that I don't have, though.)

Edited by Ice Dragon

5 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

My opinion on the whole buying orbs thing:

I strongly believe that money spent on something you enjoy is not wasted.  :):

It is often said that buying orbs is like gambling.  The way I see it, most things in life are a gamble anyway.  You gamble when you spend money on a movie you don't know you'll like.  You gamble when you try something new at a restaurant.  You gamble when you spend a small fortune on a wedding for a marriage that may not last.  Just because something is a gamble, doesn't mean it's not worth doing.  Sometimes, things that we gamble on don't give us the result we want.  However, it can be fun to take the risk anyway.

Some people blow $100+ in one night at a bar on drinks.  (Yes, I did this a few times when I was younger.)  All you have to show for it the next day is a hangover and maybe some nice memories.  Fancy restaurants can rack up a big bill too, and all you have after that is a full stomach.  Those are just a couple of examples of spending money and having nothing to show for it. To me, buying orbs is no different. 

I have spent money on the game (I'm a dolphin) and I don't regret it.  I have been playing this game every day since launch, and it has brought me a lot of enjoyment.  When the game dies eventually, the money will not have been a waste for me.  It was fun.  

(Again, that's just my opinion. :^_^:)

If nobody spent money, the game would have ended by now.

3 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What's mid-range?

Somewhere between Arcanite and Ice Dragon.

Wow I roughly spend $40-60 USD per month, there at times I don't spend money because there isn't interesting stuff, etc. I don't feel bad because, ultimately, it is for my entertainment, I just try to not exceed myself nor restrict myself a lot.

I invested like 30-45 USD to get all focus units on Celica's banner and I feel good.

= EDIT =

Shit I've spent like 100 on July between Mobius and Heroes, Heroes getting like 70% of it. I suck lol

Edited by Quintessence

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

This chart makes me feel like I have spent way too much money.

It helps if you limit how often you look at your bank account and/or avoid doing calculations. It will also help to ignore the "Official Pull Topic," "How Many 4 Stars Do you Have?," "3* or 4* you can't seem to draw," and other threads that expose you to summoning percentages, money spent, and Orbs used. If you do not see the numbers, your mind will not be able to do any estimation. And if you do see numbers, be in denial.

I do not know how much I spent on B!Cordelia and I feel great deluding myself into thinking I was lucky and spent way less. Just be sure to check the bank account occasionally to avoid any overdraft fees.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

@Quintessence Well, that's not to say that Killer weapons don't have their niche, but for the most part, you don't see them, so I still feel the change effects the meta precisely 0%. Slaying weapons simply are viable alternatives to Wo Dao in the case of swords and... usable, in the case of bows and axes. You can argue power creep for Lances though, there are a few units that legitimately use that weapon.

@LuxSpes I don't play gacha games really, this was my first and I am used to balance patches and the like from being a part of the fighting game community at one point. But I understand it's better for their bottom line that way. Why simply buff a weapon when you can just put it on a new unit people like and will potentially pay for? As far as killer weapon units having to SI in order to reach their full potential, 95% of them already had to do that, so this changes literally nothing in my opinion.

@Kaden As I said there is a niche, and even some of the characters you named (such as Sheena) do have a primary use for the Killer weapons and in that sense it's invalidation. I don't necessarily agree with the chosen method, but I understand it. I don't think buffing Killer weapons by 3 MT would have shaken things up that much, conversely it does very little harm introducing stronger versions. It's just... a very money hungry method of doing things.

That being said, if they release something like a HEROIC line of weaponry that's basically Brave weapons with 2 more MT, feel free to riot. You will get no opposition.

The funny thing about Killer weapon is that: it requires a VERY specific line of units to make it shine. As far as pure numerical result goes, Killer actually is the optimal choice for some unit. Slayer serves to make that bar much lower which funny enough is healthy for the game, not healthy for your wallet

Hint: Killer Axe Hector is the GOAT

Pretty damm clownfishy myself, barely convincing myself not to spend only once so far (9.5% 5* is a tempting number). Still spent €0.

Praise the whales who are in control!

Edited by Dayni

5 hours ago, JSND said:

Hg5c03N.png

I've spent money on the game every now and then, but definitely not $500+, so I'm Nemo and Marlin! Cute! Kinda wish Dory was on the chart too though, she's the best fish.

Also, I knew the soul thing was a joke. lol. Don't worry @Gustavos :P I do have Asperger's, but I'm not completely incapable of seeing a joke. ;)

Edited by Anacybele

According to that chart, I'm a turtle xD (well, just doing a straight switch of dollars to pounds).

I fully agree with everything InfiniteDreams said on the last page (especially about drinking and expensive meals... It's pretty much how I rationalise it in my head). I'd put more money into the game if I could, but currently I have other things I want to buy so I'm trying to curb my spending on it.

We'll see, though. Pulling is rather addictive lol

I can't really spend money on the game for various reasons, but even if I could, I probably... okay, fine, I won't lie. I'd probably have dropped at least $50 this month for Summer Tiki.

I've always wanted to say I would resist the temptation unless I had a lot of spare cash, because I don't think it's worth it, but there are exceptions to everything in life. I like the game, anyway, so I wouldn't mind supporting it.

So, when will they release the Venge line of weapons from Fates? Like, 1.5 damage when counterattacking or something, but maybe some sort of penalty in some other field?

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Well, I way overshot my budget that month, so I've been doing my best to just break even since then.

(I don't spend money that I don't have, though.)

Do you think you have the crown for most money spent on the game for all of Heroes?  It looks like you spent more than I have several times over just in February.  Thanks for keeping it going for all of us.

11 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So, when will they release the Venge line of weapons from Fates? Like, 1.5 damage when counterattacking or something, but maybe some sort of penalty in some other field?

Maybe they'll just have lower might for player phase.  It would be nice for a tanky QR build.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Maybe they'll just have lower might for player phase.  It would be nice for a tanky QR build.

I thought about lower Might for player phase, but that's kinda...straightfoward? I feel like the Brave weapon line's Spd -5 debuff was a decent idea.

32 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The warrior weapons?

(Remember I never played the English game past chapter 10)

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

If nobody spent money, the game would have ended by now.

Very true! :^_^:

3 hours ago, XRay said:

It will also help to ignore the "Official Pull Topic,"

I totally have a love/hate relationship with the pull topic.  I like to go in there and see what other people are getting, but sometimes it makes me feel really bad when my luck is lacking.  Like that time I got up to 5.75% trying to get Ike... And never got him.  I was so salty seeing people get more than one of him!  Hahaha.

9 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

The warrior weapons?

(Remember I never played the English game past chapter 10)

Yeah.

Before I edited my post I actually wrote "Warrior weapons" instead, then remembered that they're probably different in English.

1 minute ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Very true! :^_^:

I totally have a love/hate relationship with the pull topic.  I like to go in there and see what other people are getting, but sometimes it makes me feel really bad when my luck is lacking.  Like that time I got up to 5.75% trying to get Ike... And never got him.  I was so salty seeing people get more than one of him!  Hahaha.

I am going to pretend I did not read that. I am denying that I can do simple math. I know Charlotte is a gold digger, but Cordelia definitely is not. My wallet is not empty so I could not have spent that much. I will think about what I am going to get for lunch.