Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Seriously, how do you people deal with the Chapter 9 & 10 Chain Challenge.

I may, MAY be able to get by the first 1-4 stages without losing a core unit but I ALWAYS lose someone on stage 5 (Stupid bulky Veronica with the green mage and the WINGS OF MERCY SWORDSMAN) and things just fall apart once I hit Ike's chapters. I can't get past stage 7.

Bridelia, Nino, Delthea, Xander, Soren, Athena, Lukas, Sakura, Wrys, Kagero, B!Caeda, Olivia.

One by one they all fall. I've swapped out units for Effie, +ATK BA+ Cherche, Takumi, Cain, Frederick, M!Marth. No luck... not even sure Reinhardt would make this easy.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Am I going insane

This rebecca in chain challenge is baffling me. Every time I've gone into it, it feels like she takes less damage from Kagero. First go around, I swear she survived with 1 HP. So round 2, I give the attack seal...but now she still survives with 1 HP?! But ok, I didn't have Olivia that go, maybe round 3 BUT NOW SHE SURVIVES WITH 3 HP?

47 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I may, MAY be able to get by the first 1-4 stages without losing a core unit but I ALWAYS lose someone on stage 5 (Stupid bulky Veronica with the green mage and the WINGS OF MERCY SWORDSMAN) and things just fall apart once I hit Ike's chapters. I can't get past stage 7.

Bridelia, Nino, Delthea, Xander, Soren, Athena, Lukas, Sakura, Wrys, Kagero, B!Caeda, Olivia.

One by one they all fall. I've swapped out units for Effie, +ATK BA+ Cherche, Takumi, Cain, Frederick, M!Marth. No luck... not even sure Reinhardt would make this easy.

I haven't even attempted them yet.  All my Stamina has been going to Tempest or training new units.  Once Tempest ends, I've probably try to get a few more.  I've only done the first couple chapter so far.

41 minutes ago, r_n said:

Am I going insane

This rebecca in chain challenge is baffling me. Every time I've gone into it, it feels like she takes less damage from Kagero. First go around, I swear she survived with 1 HP. So round 2, I give the attack seal...but now she still survives with 1 HP?! But ok, I didn't have Olivia that go, maybe round 3 BUT NOW SHE SURVIVES WITH 3 HP?

I'd check to see if the enemy or your units are getting more or fewer buffs.  And you mean Chain Challenge and not Tempest, correct, because I think they get better stats the later they appear.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I haven't even attempted them yet.  All my Stamina has been going to Tempest or training new units.  Once Tempest ends, I've probably try to get a few more.  I've only done the first couple chapter so far.

I'd check to see if the enemy or your units are getting more or fewer buffs.  And you mean Chain Challenge and not Tempest, correct, because I think they get better stats the later they appear.

chain challenge, yes. Paralogue 3/4 on Lunatic.

Thinking on it, I guess the 30 Stamina challenge might buff their stats a little. So that's probably why she survived with 3 HP. But I'm still not sure why the P3 challenge had such a difference. Olivia gives a +4 boost and left her with 1 HP; the second time I had the attack+1 seal and no Olivia, but I swear also got her down to 1 HP. I had Azura instead of Olivia and 2 horses who were only providing cav buffs to each other

2 hours ago, Falcom said:

I've become bored again. So I actually wanted to imitate the triangle attack as best as I can with Est, Catria, and Palla. I know that sounds ridiculous but what do I got to lose? What skills would I use in this situation?

Est's best set afaik is Brave Lance+, Death Blow 3 and an Ice skill. I saw a Drag Back Est that was monstruous.

Catria loves Life and Death and Desperation. Killer Lance and Luna are pretty good on her.

Palla is fine with Ruby Sword because she'd be tanking greens that approach her younger sisters. Imo Fury, Moonbow and Wings of Mercy is a nice kit.

Choose between Reposition, Draw Back and Swap as Assist Skills; while Hone and Goad Fliers are a must. Throw a Fortify Fliers just because ~

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

If you think that's bad just wait till you do 11 & 12. That one was actual hell for a while and took me quite a handful of stamina potions and I barely scraped by in the end.

And it sounds like you'd really benefit from a red mage. Having my Tharja be able to take out Veronica in one round was reason enough to use her, but she was really helpful in the other stages after too. Killing Soren on each of the defense maps and some archers that kept spawning was really useful.

I managed to run Tharja, S Camilla(TA Raven), Cordelia and Alm (Renewal healer build) all the way through to the last map with no losses. Then I went down to my 3rd team to beat that final map since the turn limit and positioning of the enemy units was really awkward to reach them all without messing up in just 6 turns. (and team 1 was battered after the second to last map and only took out Titania before getting wiped)

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

I just finished this...finally. What screwed me over was always map 7 since my team tended towards heavy magic nuking and having two blue pegs coming at you is not good. I used Nino (she's merged +2 though. But this shouldn't be too much of an issue except against maybe Soren), Olivia (4*), Reinhardt, and Genny. Genny only attacked once on map 7 to get rid of Titania. My problem is that I only have a few built up units so if Team A falls....Team B/C aren't optimally built. 

Anyone who finished 11/12 have any tips before I start? 

Edited by Kiran

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Don't do this to me Ray, you're cool too.

Aw. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Falcom said:

I've become bored again. So I actually wanted to imitate the triangle attack as best as I can with Est, Catria, and Palla. I know that sounds ridiculous but what do I got to lose? What skills would I use in this situation?

— — — [ MAP / FORMATION / STARTING POSITIONS ] — — —

[_][E][_]
[_][_][_]
[2][1][3]
[_][4][_]

— — — [ LEGEND / CHARACTERS / SKILL SETS ] — — —

1. Minerva/Michalis
Hauteclere, Repostion, Miracle/Aegis/Sacred Cowl
Iotes Shield, G Tomebreaker, Hone Flier
HP +3

2. Est/Catria
Firesweep L, Assist, Special
Life and Death, Seal Defense, Goad Flier
Speed +1

3. Est/Catria
Firesweep L, Assist, Moonbow
Life and Death, Seal Speed/Poison Strike, Goad Flier
Quickened Pulse

4. Palla
Brave Sword, Assist, Luna/Draconic Aura
Life and Death, Cancel Affinity/Seal Attack, Goad Flier
Attack +1

E. Enemy

— — — [ INSTRUCTIONS / PROCEDURE ] — — —

1. Use Minerva to Reposition Palla next to the Enemy

2. Attack Enemy with Est.

3. Attack Enemy with Catria.

4. Attack Enemy with Palla.

— — — [ NOTES ] — — —

A. Minerva/Michalis is the most vulnerable unit, since ranged units can attack them, so try to get Miracle ready if possible.

B. Minerva/Michalis uses Reposition to put Palla into position so the other two will benefit from her Goad Flier; if Palla moves by herself first, then she would attack and the enemy would have a high chance of surviving since it was not debuffed.

C. Once they release Firesweep Sword, anyone can attack last. The first two attackers will use Firesweep Weapons, and the last will use a Brave Weapon.

D. The order does not really matter for Est and Catria since their primary job is to debuff the target.

E. Quickened Pulse helps activate Moonbow to deal additional damage.

F. Seal Speed might not be necessary with all the buffs, so Poison Strike might be better.

G. Cancel Affinity Ensures that Palla will not be screwed by Triangle Adept. Seal Attacks lowers the chance that the enemy will kill someone if it manages to survive. Cancel Affinity is better in my opinion.

4 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Welcome to Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and links, where we discuss all manner of sleeping preferences, from what beds, or lack thereof, we sleep on, the furnishings of our residences, our nightly and morning rituals, and other assorted quirks that may or may not be safe for work.

That said, @XRay had a head on this intense discussion, but it seems @Bartozio has won the thread with this one sentence.

Your prize? One free Internet!

I'll be adding this to my sig btw thanks fam

dw XRay you're still my favorite besides Arcanite

Morning ritual means something very different in my house.  Or maybe it doesn't.

29 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Morning ritual means something very different in my house.  Or maybe it doesn't.

Do you make summoning circles for Leo and Est? I don't.

14 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

This topic cleanly transisitoned from the nonsense it was before to normal overpage. I cannot decide whether this is amusing or confusing. Can I say it's both?

Honestly, you're talking about the thread that has been derailed so many times in the most unexpected ways, and it isn't just one or two people, no, it's nearly a dozen in some cases. Nothing surprises me anymore.

That's why I love it.

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Do you make summoning circles for Leo and Est? I don't.

We made a summoning circle about nine months before they were born.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I thought only men have "morning rituals." Haha.

Anyway, mine just consist of playing my 3DS and Fire Emblem Heroes while getting ready.

Edited by XRay

Just now, Catria! said:

Getting ready to unleash your luggage in the bathroom, huh?

??????

I am pretty sure you do not want me to answer that question. Haha.

Ever since Heroes came out, I do not have much to time to eat breakfast or sleep in unless it is my days off. The game is really good at killing time.

8 minutes ago, Catria! said:

??????

But there's no room in that tiny space to keep all that spilled luggage around, is there?

37 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

We made a summoning circle about nine months before they were born.

I laughed way harder than I should have at this.

Did the circle have a pity rate as insurance for future success? Or no?

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I thought only men have "morning rituals." Haha.

Anyway, mine just consist of playing my 3DS and Fire Emblem Heroes while getting ready.

When you're married the morning ritual can have two participants.

2 minutes ago, Catria! said:

??????

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am pretty sure you do not want me to answer that question. Haha.

Ever since Heroes came out, I do not have much to time to eat breakfast or sleep in unless it is my days off. The game is really good at killing time.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I've nuked a few toilets before.

No shame in that.  You'll feel better.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

But there's no room in that tiny space to keep all that spilled luggage around, is there?

I laughed way harder than I should have at this.

Did the circle have a pity rate as insurance for future success? Or no?

I don't know, we Pulled Leo and Est on the first try.

13 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Soyboy vs a toilet.

Which orb did you pick first?

Red, then Blue, but only one at a time.  We didn't try for 5 in one go.

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I can do this to your bathroom

aOSnsq8.gif

I'm not sure if you're dropping a bomb from your rear hatch or firing your forward cannon.