Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

8 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Hmm... The cavalry mastery quests don't specify that the whole team has to survive.

(I already got the orbs so I don't care, but does anyone know if you can complete the quests despite losing units?)

Really? I could go for that- my cavalry pool is tiny.

EDIT: Did I just notice the announcement stated the current new character banner would be leaving on the 28th?

Edited by phineas81707

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

17 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Hmm... The cavalry mastery quests don't specify that the whole team has to survive.

(I already got the orbs so I don't care, but does anyone know if you can complete the quests despite losing units?)

You can lose units and still complete the quests.

Spoiler

I totaly found out by testing it, instead of accidently letting units die, yup...

28 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Really? I could go for that- my cavalry pool is tiny.

EDIT: Did I just notice the announcement stated the current new character banner would be leaving on the 28th?

The Alm/Celica army one? That's what it said from the start.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

I've honestly not been paying attention to which Alm/Celica banner is being referred to.

I'm referring to the banner pair associated with the new story chapter.

Just now, Othin said:

I'm referring to the banner pair associated with the new story chapter.

That's what I thought- isn't it a little early? Or are we losing pace again?

(If only months were organised into consistent lengths... but fixing that would require moving the Earth's orbit.)

10 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

That's what I thought- isn't it a little early? Or are we losing pace again?

(If only months were organised into consistent lengths... but fixing that would require moving the Earth's orbit.)

Main banners starting mid-month have always ended shortly before the end of the month:

• Echoes of Mystery was June 14-30
  • Rite of Shadows was May 15-30
  • World of Shadows was April 14-26
  • Blazing Shadows was March 14-30
  • Family Bonds was February 15-27

So it's about on schedule. What's odd, though, is that Ylissean Summer lasts until August 1. Before the Alm/Celica army banners were announced, I expected we'd get something mid-month like usual, but I figured it would end on August 1, matching the summer banner. So it's a bit strange that they're not lined up like that, and it raises the question of when to expect the next main banner: July 28 or August 1?

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Main banners starting mid-month have always ended shortly before the end of the month:

• Echoes of Mystery was June 14-30
  • Rite of Shadows was May 15-30
  • World of Shadows was April 14-26
  • Blazing Shadows was March 14-30
  • Family Bonds was February 15-27

So it's about on schedule. What's odd, though, is that Ylissean Summer lasts until August 1. Before the Alm/Celica army banners were announced, I expected we'd get something mid-month like usual, but I figured it would end on August 1, matching the summer banner. So it's a bit strange that they're not lined up like that, and it raises the question of when to expect the next main banner: July 28 or August 1?

Shows how much I've been paying attention.

Shit, cav banner has Titania and Olwen. I have both of them but my current Titania is -atk (ouch) and I'd just like to get more merge levels on my Olwen. Also would like +atk not -spd but neutralish Olwen is honestly already ridiculous with full cav buff and blarblade.

Saving orbs? what's saving orbs

16 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's not simply that it "fits the story better", the Idenn arc brings closure to the story. It ties up the remaining loose ends because Idenn and Brunnya canonically exist and don't simply vanish into thin air if you fail to unlock the arc. Completing the game without completing the Idenn arc can be considered to be a mistake or failure made by the player, a game over with a pat on the back for doing "good enough", and I believe that to have been the intent of the authors.

I feel its worth noting that in FE12 remake, they gave Marth two distinct character endings. In FE3, everything ended happily even if you didn't nab all five Spheres. In FE12 on the other hand, failing to get all the Sphere has Marth's character ending, the last on the long list of character endings, begin on a happy note, but then sours with mention that just as he was rebuilding, he had to fight another war against the revived Shadow Dragon.

Given FE13 and FE14 now permit the heroes to fail in alternative dimensions, I think that when IS remakes Binding, they may do the same thing as FE12 and have Roy's character ending say on the premature ending "but the Dark Dragon returned one day...". I know Marth's ending didn't say anything about losing to Medeus, but I'd expect even with victory that the damages would be worse than had he stabbed Meddy soon after killing Hardin. 

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I feel its worth noting that in FE12 remake, they gave Marth two distinct character endings. In FE3, everything ended happily even if you didn't nab all five Spheres. In FE12 on the other hand, failing to get all the Sphere has Marth's character ending, the last on the long list of character endings, begin on a happy note, but then sours with mention that just as he was rebuilding, he had to fight another war against the revived Shadow Dragon.

Given FE13 and FE14 now permit the heroes to fail in alternative dimensions, I think that when IS remakes Binding, they may do the same thing as FE12 and have Roy's character ending say on the premature ending "but the Dark Dragon returned one day...". I know Marth's ending didn't say anything about losing to Medeus, but I'd expect even with victory that the damages would be worse than had he stabbed Meddy soon after killing Hardin. 

The best part about FE3 bad ending is how much of a bitch Fake!Nyna is in that thing, its glorious

EDIT: and FE12 didn't ret-con it which is nice

Edited by JSND

Finished the cavalry quests! Those were pretty easy. :P Though mainly because IS finally decided NOT to use the dumb "all allies must survive" requirement. I mean, I understand them wanting to use it SOMETIMES, but they'd been putting it on everything and that added a lot of unnecessary difficulty to them.

I also tried a couple pulls on the cavalry banner for Titania (or Camilla so she can have her Brave Axe given to Freddy).

One green in the first session. None in the second.

Yeah, I quit after that. I didn't want to use many orbs because CYL is gradually getting closer.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Finished the cavalry quests! Those were pretty easy. :P Though mainly because IS finally decided NOT to use the dumb "all allies must survive" requirement. I mean, I understand them wanting to use it SOMETIMES, but they'd been putting it on everything and that added a lot of unnecessary difficulty to them.

To be honest, I'd much rather IS put the 'all allies must survive' requirement on 1 time quests like this rather than the 15 time quests like Tenth Stratum with team of X.

Mind, I'll take this over 'all allies must survive' on everything.

Just now, DehNutCase said:

To be honest, I'd much rather IS put the 'all allies must survive' requirement on 1 time quests like this rather than the 15 time quests like Tenth Stratum with team of X.

Mind, I'll take this over 'all allies must survive' on everything.

True, I'd rather have that on one-time quests than multiple attempt ones, that's for sure. ONE orb for completing stratum 10 so many times is kind of a crappy reward too.

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

I just want the old 3-orb reward back for the Tenth Stratum movement type quests. Too much work for the paltry reward of 1 orb.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I just want the old 3-orb reward back for the Tenth Stratum movement type quests. Too much work for the paltry reward of 1 orb.

Yes please! I would eat tree bark for three orb rewards to come back!

10 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Yes please! I would eat tree bark for three orb rewards to come back!

Psh, tree bark? Blasphemy!

I'd chew off my pinky toe for three orb rewards to come back!

3 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Psh, tree bark? Blasphemy!

I'd chew off my pinky toe for three orb rewards to come back!

Hey! Ordinarily I would naw off a toe, but I need them for a lot of waking in the next few weeks. Tree bark is simply easy to get ahold of and tastes about as good, it's a fine substatute!

48 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I also tried a couple pulls on the cavalry banner for Titania (or Camilla so she can have her Brave Axe given to Freddy).

One green in the first session. None in the second.

Yeah, I quit after that. I didn't want to use many orbs because CYL is gradually getting closer.

I've been a Titania magnet since she came out.  Including 4*s, I've gotten like 6 Titanias.

24 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Hey! Ordinarily I would naw off a toe, but I need them for a lot of waking in the next few weeks. Tree bark is simply easy to get ahold of and tastes about as good, it's a fine substatute!

I... see. Does that mean you can substitute tree bark if you ever get amputated? That's very resourceful...

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I... see. Does that mean you can substitute tree bark if you ever get amputated? That's very resourceful...

I mean, it would probably be cheaper than an actual prosthetic! 

25 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I've been a Titania magnet since she came out.  Including 4*s, I've gotten like 6 Titanias.

I haven't pulled her once. :(

But that's strangely fitting lol. You're both 30 year old red heads! XD (well, sorta, since you're more of a cherry blonde, but yeah)

Edited by Anacybele