• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I noticed a rather annoying pattern. For top-level passives that initially showed up as 5* exclusives (and stayed that way after their characters were added to the regular summon pool, for skills introduced through regular banners), it's basically unheard of for the top-level versions of those skills to later become available at 4*. The only instances of that happening are Lancebreaker and Goad Cavalry, both of which showed up at 4* through GHB units who were present in the base game. Also, every other "breaker" skill and every other cavalry skill was originally available at 4*, so it makes sense for those two to join them. So it's not looking likely for skills like Life and Death 3 and Quick Riposte 3 to show up on 4* units anytime soon.

It's also interesting to look at which of the skills get dropped down. For example, Atk/Def/Panic Ploy have all been staying 5* exclusive, so it seems like for Res Ploy to stay 5* exclusive as well, as well as Spd Ploy when it gets released. (Res Ploy seems like a safe bet since Sonya is unlikely to drop to 4* anyway.) Also, none of the "double stat" passives like Swift Sparrow and Sturdy Blow have dropped. (This again matches Sonya staying 5*, since if she dropped, either Mirror Strike or Res Ploy would have to drop with her.) Rally Def/Res has dropped to 4* with Roderick, though. Rally skills seem a bit different, since weapons, assists, and specials all become available at specific * ratings rather than varying like passives do. There are also some skill types that haven't been handled completely consistently: for example, we've gotten Sword Exp 3 and B Tome Exp 3 at 4*, so it wouldn't be too strange to see formerly-5* weapon Exp skills get dropped to 4* on later characters, but skills like Swift Sparrow 2 and Panic Ploy 3 seem pretty unlikely to ever show up at 4*.

Since I haven't been able to play I haven't really been on this topic very much but apparently MKV is quitting?

Of course anyone that reads this can of course confirm.

Man, I'm feeling really stupid playing this game. As I've said a few times, 155 orbs pretty much only gave me an Athena, and no matter how hard I try, I can't beat Berkut's GHB on Lunatic, nor the main story missions 11-5 and 12-4. Part of me wonders if it's because I've got a lack of Heroes, or if I've got all the tools at my disposal but just can't get them to work. I'd love to try experimenting with different tactics and really learn every map, but the stamina cost for the missions is absurdly high.

Edited by Thane

52 minutes ago, Thane said:

Man, I'm feeling really stupid playing this game. As I've said a few times, 155 orbs pretty much only gave me an Athena, and no matter how hard I try, I can't beat Berkut's GHB on Lunatic, nor the main story missions 11-5 and 12-4. Part of me wonders if it's because I've got a lack of Heroes, or if I've got all the tools at my disposal but just can't get them to work. I'd love to try experimenting with different tactics and really learn every map, but the stamina cost for the missions is absurdly high.

What is your unit composition? I use two glass cannons and two support units. I use Reinhardt and B!Cordelia as my main glass cannons, and Xander and Azura/Ninian/Olivia trail behind their respective cannons as support.

10 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Huh, have chain challenges for paralogues always been here? Guess that explains why Story Mode had that "new content" red circle this whole time.

They've been there the whole time.

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

Since I haven't been able to play I haven't really been on this topic very much but apparently MKV is quitting?

Of course anyone that reads this can of course confirm.

Yes. He's quitting FEH. FEH got too repetitive.

I haven't even attempted the chain challenge for chapters 9-12, they were annoying enough when I had to beat them the first time. To people who have beaten all of the chain challenges, what are the best ways to tackle these four chapters? Like, maybe not specific units since there's no guarantee that I'll have them (or with a certain nature), but what types of units are generally best to take with me?

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I haven't even attempted the chain challenge for chapters 9-12, they were annoying enough when I had to beat them the first time. To people who have beaten all of the chain challenges, what are the best ways to tackle these four chapters? Like, maybe not specific units since there's no guarantee that I'll have them (or with a certain nature), but what types of units are generally best to take with me?

My cavalry team did pretty well for 9 and 10, but it had trouble with 11, because 11-3 splitting up the party is a huge issue for cavalry teams. I haven't tried the 9+10 or 11+12 ones yet, though. (Or the 12 challenge at all for that matter.)

Edited by Othin

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

My cavalry team did pretty well for 9 and 10, but it had trouble with 11, because 11-3 splitting up the party is a huge issue for cavalry teams. I haven't tried the 9+10 or 11+12 ones yet, though. (Or the 12 challenge at all for that matter.)

Who was on your cavalry team, and how many of them are 5-stars? I've been putting off promoting my Xander and Camus for so long, and my Cecilia is the free neutral one we got at 4-star. Reinhardt, Leo, and Peri are the only 5-star cavalry units I have.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Who was on your cavalry team, and how many of them are 5-stars? I've been putting off promoting my Xander and Camus for so long, and my Cecilia is the free neutral one we got at 4-star. Reinhardt, Leo, and Peri are the only 5-star cavalry units I have.

Xander/Camus/Cecilia/Reinhardt, all 5*. They're very powerful, but so much of their strength comes from being 5*.

At least, those are the regular ones. For those missions I generally used Clarine in place of Camus for healing. Clarine is only 4*, but I had her inherit Recover from an extra Serra since it's easier to use than Martyr.

Just now, Othin said:

Xander/Camus/Cecilia/Reinhardt, all 5*. They're very powerful, but so much of their strength comes from being 5*.

At least, those are the regular ones. For those missions I generally used Clarine in place of Camus for healing. Clarine is only 4*, but I had her inherit Recover from an extra Serra since it's easier to use than Martyr.

Hmm, perhaps I should promote Xander soon. I was already considering it because I don't have any distant counter users (only Takumi as a close counter user), so I figured it'd come in handy. I have both Clarine and Priscilla, both of whom are 4-star and have rehabilitate, so I guess they could take a spot on the team since healing would help me a lot. Would Cecilia as a 4-star still work, or is she too frail to survive anything?

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Hmm, perhaps I should promote Xander soon. I was already considering it because I don't have any distant counter users (only Takumi as a close counter user), so I figured it'd come in handy. I have both Clarine and Priscilla, both of whom are 4-star and have rehabilitate, so I guess they could take a spot on the team since healing would help me a lot. Would Cecilia as a 4-star still work, or is she too frail to survive anything?

Xander is great. Honestly though, Cecilia is my favorite of the team, and she might help you as well since green is your only missing color among 5* cavalry. (Although I've heard bad things about Leo.)  I never had much success with her at 4*, but once I got her to 5*, had her inherit TA3, and started having her spend most of her time on teams with cavalry buffs, she became an absolute monster.

tumblr_otgz9j1nFa1sn35pqo1_500.png

I'll have to keep that in mind then and have Cecilia as my next 5-star promotion after Xander. 22 speed though ... ouch. I assume she's -spd, right? Does that ever actually hurt her?

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'll have to keep that in mind then and have Cecilia as my next 5-star promotion after Xander. 22 speed though ... ouch. I assume she's -spd, right? Does that ever actually hurt her?

She needs the cav buffs to become said "monster". I'd rather wait for a different character to fill that niche. 

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

She's +HP -Spd, yeah. It can be annoying, but it's a lot easier to deal with under 2-3 levels of Goad Cavalry. Also TA3+Raven warps combat so much that double attacks often don't matter much either way anyway. She laughs off blue and colorless attacks and frequently OHKOs them, while reds do the same to her. It's relevant against greens though, which is why I finally got around to giving her G Tomebreaker. So that really just leaves axes and Fae.

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

Yes. He's quitting FEH. FEH got too repetitive.

That's a shame, his strats with the free units were always neat. imagine after 6 months, though, they became second nature to him.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

(Although I've heard bad things about Leo.)

Leo is amazing on a Cav team man, just ridiculously expensive.

@Lord-Zero The main reason mkv is quitting FEH is because he'll be busy with school this coming year.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Who the hell even thought Chapter 11 and 12 would make for a good chain challenge? I'm not gonna bother with those two put together just because some idiot at IS thought it would be fun to keep the ridiculous turn requirements in addition to the survival aspect of ten obnoxious maps with inflated stats, while still rewarding the same amount of orbs for a greatly increased headache. And of course, the reward stays indefinitely, but that doesn't make the jump okay for me if nothing else changes but the ludicrous requirements, though I'm sure some will actually appreciate it, if only for the sake of having a wall to climb over.

47 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Leo is amazing on a Cav team man, just ridiculously expensive.

@Lord-Zero The main reason mkv is quitting FEH is because he'll be busy with school this coming year.

My bad then.

Chain Challenge? I'll pass. It's not like I'm desperate for a second HP+3 seal hidden behind super inflated enemy units. 

Edited by Lord-Zero