Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

15 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Who the hell even thought Chapter 11 and 12 would make for a good chain challenge? I'm not gonna bother with those two put together just because some idiot at IS thought it would be fun to keep the ridiculous turn requirements in addition to the survival aspect of ten obnoxious maps with inflated stats, while still rewarding the same amount of orbs for a greatly increased headache. And of course, the reward stays indefinitely, but that doesn't make the jump okay for me if nothing else changes but the ludicrous requirements, though I'm sure some will actually appreciate it, if only for the sake of having a wall to climb over.

This is no different than a game putting an end-game boss in an area accessible to newer players, but not somewhere that gets in the way of progression. You have no obligation to challenge said boss if you aren't prepared for it, but it isn't going anywhere, so you can always come back to fight it when you're prepared.

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

Chain Challenge? I'll pass. It't not like I'm desperate for a second HP+3 seal hidden behind super inflated enemy units. 

That's Squad Assault. The rewards for Chain Challenge are just feathers and orbs.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

My bad then.

Chain Challenge? I'll pass. It's not like I'm desperate for a second HP+3 seal hidden behind super inflated enemy units. 

That's Squad Assault, Chain Challenge gives feathers & orbs and works like the tempest

Also the 6/10 map CC variants having even more stat inflation is The Worst. The Paralogues in particular have screwed me on this several times. Got to the end of the new mystery/summer paralogue marathon and everything fell apart but before that my nowi strat on the first map also fell apart instantly.

8 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

My bad then.

Chain Challenge? I'll pass. It's not like I'm desperate for a second HP+3 seal hidden behind super inflated enemy units. 

That's Squad Assault that rewards the "not HP +3" seal, not Chain Challenge. Chain Challenge gives feathers on Normal and Hard and orbs on Lunatic.

Edit: Nice and double ninja'd.

Edited by Tybrosion

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

This is no different than a game putting an end-game boss in an area accessible to newer players, but not somewhere that gets in the way of progression. You have no obligation to challenge said boss if you aren't prepared for it, but it isn't going anywhere, so you can always come back to fight it when you're prepared.

I'm not questioning the concept of optional content of that kind, I'm questioning its design while keeping the same incentive as previous challenges. I know I'm not obligated since I stated that I wouldn't bother.

For those players having trouble dealing with the latest content (the hardest one), specially players that got into the game quite recently such as @Thane, don't push yourselves at clearing it or rush it, because Heroes takes a lot of time and effort into building a consistent pool of units, and it is really hard to get into this content with teams included in the meta (horse emblem, heavy assist investment, dancers, blade teams, etc.) unless they pour a lot of money in the game.

Go through it patiently, get 5☆s and try to optimize them (=/= than running fury/lnd/death blow/desperation/moonbow on everything, it is boring as hell) and assigning niche roles to them. Identify good skill inheritance units with good assist (like swap, draw back, reposition, pivot) and regular skills, and keep them.

@Sunwoo The most comfortable option for the last CCs are running cavaliers all the way. But I think what makes them easier are not horse emblem itself but rather how godly assits skill chains are. You literally can apply hit and run tactics with a minimum of retaliation from the enemies so even running an infantry team with good coverage will do well. A raven TA unit is mandatory imo, in order to tank colorless safely. For 10/11 you need a good green and blue unit/mage to handle Celica and Bruno consistently and having other units to cover the color triangle. It is optional to run a healer but imo it is a waste when a breath of life unit will do better, because assist chains will prevent enemy contact, reducing hp drops, etc. Cecilia with the seal healing 3hp was pretty good mostly because my units run and jump everywhere with 1 repo and 3 draw backs. I also did veronica tempest trial with julia (+10 hp), dancer and 2 extra units and it was pretty reliable, specially when you have around skills like breakers and desperation/fury.

22 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That's Squad Assault that rewards the "not HP +3" seal, not Chain Challenge. Chain Challenge gives feathers on Normal and Hard and orbs on Lunatic.

Edit: Nice and double ninja'd.

Too many brain farts this year for me. 

Well, skipping that too. TT burned me out.

I'll probably be more active with the game when we get Clive.

Edited by Lord-Zero

11 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

@Sunwoo The most comfortable option for the last CCs are running cavaliers all the way. But I think what makes them easier are not horse emblem itself but rather how godly assits skill chains are. You literally can apply hit and run tactics with a minimum of retaliation from the enemies so even running an infantry team with good coverage will do well. A raven TA unit is mandatory imo, in order to tank colorless safely. For 10/11 you need a good green and blue unit/mage to handle Celica and Bruno consistently and having other units to cover the color triangle. It is optional to run a healer but imo it is a waste when a breath of life unit will do better, because assist chains will prevent enemy contact, reducing hp drops, etc. Cecilia with the seal healing 3hp was pretty good mostly because my units run and jump everywhere with 1 repo and 3 draw backs. I also did veronica tempest trial with julia (+10 hp), dancer and 2 extra units and it was pretty reliable, specially when you have around skills like breakers and desperation/fury.

Okay, I will keep that in mind then, thanks! I'm not doing the chain challenge yet, so I'll let you know if I have any more issues.

6 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Do anyone returned to TT just to clam their feathers? it sounds like the August TT will be Echoes-themed again, no? 

I got my feathers the exact minute they started giving them out. As for the next tempest, we don’t know much apart that really blunt foreshadowing. It’s possible we are returning to Valentia (Nuibaba’s Maniac Mansion still awaits) but it’s possible we aren’t.

Pantsless Marth for the win.

If we do go back to Valentia a new set of bonus units works because if the new Army banners

something like Celica, Saber, Gray and Mathilda (going with the pattern of two from Alm and two from Celica route)

then secondary bonus characters of Anna, Sonya, Leon/Genny and whoever the new TT reward is (Clive?). (Two from Celica because both Lukas and Clair were from Alm)

Squad assault wasn't too bad in my opinion. Since there's no skills to jack us up, all it takes is for one to say "Hey, (unit) destroys this map! I can use the 3 other slots as useless 3 star (or 4 star) units for fillers and save my better units for the later maps!"

Like Effie basically solo'd the first squad assault map, so I just put the other slots as fillers!

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

No Underwear Female Team vs. Pantsless Male Team: who will win?

If the underwear female did not have a dragon, pantsless male win.

Marth shows his Falchidong and the females be like "KAN'T TOUCH DIS"

Just now, JSND said:

If the underwear female did not have a dragon, pantsless male win.

Marth shows his Falchidong and the females be like "KAN'T TOUCH DIS"

Speaking of (pantsless) dragons, how will they portray Xane here?

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Speaking of (pantsless) dragons, how will they portray Xane here?

Either we never got him or he copied another unit on the team i'm guessing. His niche is like from Turn 2 onwards, you have 2 copy of your strongest unit

3 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I'm not questioning the concept of optional content of that kind, I'm questioning its design while keeping the same incentive as previous challenges. I know I'm not obligated since I stated that I wouldn't bother.

The first reason is consistency. It's easier to set all rewards to be the same regardless of the difficulty of the content. It's future proof, and it doesn't require anyone to try to gauge how difficult each individual task is.

Additionally, if they did make the reward higher, it could be viewed as unfair to players with weak rosters that would simply be unable to obtain the reward for a long time. Making the reward the same as the other challenges means that they aren't missing out on as much. It's basically the reverse of The Fox and the Grapes in that knowing it's a smaller reward makes it easier on the mind to put it aside for the time being.

8 hours ago, Oboro! said:

Squad assault wasn't too bad in my opinion. Since there's no skills to jack us up, all it takes is for one to say "Hey, (unit) destroys this map! I can use the 3 other slots as useless 3 star (or 4 star) units for fillers and save my better units for the later maps!"

Like Effie basically solo'd the first squad assault map, so I just put the other slots as fillers!

Yeah, I also found Squad Assault pretty easy. Enemy stats are high, but without good skills or positioning, they don't pose much threat at all.

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

Argh I still can't do CC 11/12 on hard. I can't believe how frustrating this is for me...

Can’t fail if you don’t try, eh?

(I didn’t try)

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Can’t fail if you don’t try, eh?

(I didn’t try)

The main problems are the mountain map in 11 and the final map in that. Chapter 12 is full of good BS with time limits and enemies not even approaching you at all so you have to send in weakened units to bait attacks

They kept the time limits in for CC? 

Oh joy... I don't enjoy those maps even without lots before them. I'll probably not be touching them for some time. I haven't done any CC maps so far, apart from the very first on normal. It was okay, but probably not my all time favourite mode. 

I quite liked Squad Assault, though. I want more like that :D 

Edited by Cute Chao