• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

It's been almost a month since the last gauntlet. Surprised there's no news on the next one. The last one was in the datamine for the mid-month banner, right? I wonder if that means it won't be released until August.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's been almost a month since the last gauntlet. Surprised there's no news on the next one. The last one was in the datamine for the mid-month banner, right? I wonder if that means it won't be released until August.

Fae needs feathers badly.

(If there weren't too few of them, I'd say it would be a dragon gauntlet just to be funny.)

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Wasn't the last Banner right at the end of June/beginning of July?  So even if it starts in August, that will be about a month.  It was the last Gauntlet that threw the schedule off.

12 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Fae needs feathers badly.

(If there weren't too few of them, I'd say it would be a dragon gauntlet just to be funny.)

They could have a Falchion users versus dragons gauntlet though, which I think would be a pretty neat idea.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

They could have a Falchion users versus dragons gauntlet though, which I think would be a pretty neat idea.

I'd support Fae on principle, and then move to Alm if he managed to beat his opponent- who'd basically have to be Marth.

Final round is all dependent on who it is- but I do have an Adult Tiki and Nowi. (If Adult Tiki is in the final round and loses, I'd like to point out the feathers I want to use for Fae would go into promoting Tiki and then sacrificing her to Fae... PUNISHMENT!)

1 hour ago, Othin said:

What are your thoughts on ingame events cycling between Tempest Trials and Voting Gauntlets? With how they've been spaced out so far I don't think that would be unheard of.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

It does sounds pretty neat, apart from the fact that it means Lucina would enter again...

I don't hate Lucina by any means, but it would suddenly become pretty intresting if they somehow managed to replace her with a fifth dragon... (with Chrom and Marth both being very popular and all).

5 hours ago, JSND said:

The only thing that matters next week is N E W U N I T B O Y S

Fingers crossed for Tellius, though I wouldn't mind a Magvel Banner featuring the Rachel.  Make it happen for Rezzy's birthday.  You don't turn 31 every day.

Now that Tempest is over and Double SP is gone until next week, I've been working on getting the Chain Challenge Orbs.  I've now got 100 Orbs ready for the next Banner, assuming it's pull-worthy.

I think I might have been overusing Reinhardt.  He's got maxed Hero Merit and 8305 SP.  Does SP keep building after you hit SP, or is that a hard cap?

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Fingers crossed for Tellius, though I wouldn't mind a Magvel Banner featuring the Rachel.  Make it happen for Rezzy's birthday.  You don't turn 31 every day.

Now that Tempest is over and Double SP is gone until next week, I've been working on getting the Chain Challenge Orbs.  I've now got 100 Orbs ready for the next Banner, assuming it's pull-worthy.

I think I might have been overusing Reinhardt.  He's got maxed Hero Merit and 8305 SP.  Does SP keep building after you hit SP, or is that a hard cap?

I believe SP caps out at 9,999.

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

There is a hard cap at 9,999, so try to spend as much as possible.

Just beat squad assault! Felt pretty good about that, got me to actually think about the many units I had

Arthur/Subaki/Catria/Kagero (a weak one, just filler b/c my actual kagero is useless in this thing) for the first map, basically a gimmie
Nowi/Takumi/S. Robin/Sakura for the second map.  This one was annoying because if sakura wasn't in just the right place, Camilla would go into terrible unkillable positioning. Otherwise Nowi takes care of Leo (I gave her a special and triangle adept), takumi's +speed nature and speed lowering skill ensures a kill on camilla, Sakura's heal & Defense boosts ensure S. Robin can weather Xander and then Takumi & Nowi can take care of Elise.

Map 3 is by far the hardest, honestly. It's that damn archer! He's way too fast and also too strong!! Thankfully I had my 5* Camus w/ Luna. Camus/Effie/Clarine (w/ Imbue & Physic)/Narcian. Camus moves to the side to get the archer away, Clarine helps heal him between turns, Narcian damages the lance, then he moves under hte tree to safety while effie takes care of the cavs & eventually Roy. I move Camus away at one point once the cavs are gone to heal up, let the archer move to the forest, then kill it. This took...a lot of tries...to figure out the best positioning.

Map 4 is horse emblem featuring Ninian as dance support, nothing special.

Map 5 was a big sticking point and added even more runs to my counter. I eventually settled on Azura/Donnel/Cordelia/Elise. A lot of kiting was done for Navarre & his Ninja after taking care of the other Ninja & Wrys. Cordelia was here to eat through Wrys' HP, Donnel was the big MVP here. It took several runs to figure out how to kit them around, who survives, what's needed. DOnnel with the attack seal and kindled fire balm has enough attack to kill the other ninja (who will absolutely kill everyone) in one kill. He also has plenty of HP & defense to survive ar ound of combat with Navarre.

But now I have the seal which I appreciate more now that i've realized how many units would enjoy the extra 3 hp for strats...and also the 2 orbs.

I have thrown so many orbs, basically every free orb i can get my hands on, at Sonya's banner. I threw 60 at it initially (& another 60 at Delthea) and got nothing (From either banner). Since then, I have done enough full pulls to get the rate to 5% and I am livid. Despite missing a number of 4*s I also keep getting screwed on that front...we really need more 3 stars. I am sick and tired of pulling Azamas and other trash. And at this point I just want *A* five star. It doesn't even have to be one of the focus units! Ideally a 5* I don't already have. Just something to make the 160 orbs worth it. How many orbs are required for the "wow, i'm so sorry, just take one" pity 5*?

17 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Inb4 next banner is more Valentia because we need more Valentia. Featuring Silque, Clive, Jesse and Atlas.

If they continue valentia at least I hope they add Kliff D;

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I believe SP caps out at 9,999.

Just now, XRay said:

There is a hard cap at 9,999, so try to spend as much as possible.

Thanks, I guess I'll have to figure out what ti give him.

I suppose at the very least, I can give him Hone Cavalry.  He's got Fortify Cavalry right now, but that will give him more freedom to fit onto just about any Horse Emblem composition I'm working with.

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

Inb4 next banner is more Valentia because we need more Valentia. Featuring Silque, Clive, Jesse and Atlas.

Not Valbar/10

24 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

If Atlas ever gets in, I will be horribly disappointed if he is using anything other than an axe, just putting that out there. One of his skill/crit lines is "I'll split you like firewood!" for crying out loud.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

If Atlas ever gets in, I will be horribly disappointed if he is using anything other than an axe, just putting that out there. One of his skill/crit lines is "I'll split you like firewood!" for crying out loud.

Yeah if he's ever in I hope he'll be an axe fighter because too much swords :[

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I would love to see more Axe guys, but they'll probably just make him yet another Sword unit, since we don't have enough of those.  He'll have the highest Atk in the game, decent HP and low everything else.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I would love to see more Axe guys, but they'll probably just make him yet another Sword unit, since we don't have enough of those.  He'll have the highest Atk in the game, decent HP and low everything else.

Giving Atlas a sword would be especially annoying given that there three other Echoes characters (Kamui, Jesse, Deen) who are practically guaranteed to be sword units. That's not even accounting for the possibility of Kliff suffering the same, sad fate as his Ram Village bros too.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Giving Atlas a sword would be especially annoying given that there three other Echoes characters (Kamui, Jesse, Deen) who are practically guaranteed to be sword units. That's not even accounting for the possibility of Kliff suffering the same, sad fate as his Ram Village bros too.

After Tobin got a Sword, I'm not keeping my hopes up.  Gray, I sort of understand, since he's implied to become a Mercenary, but Tobin is implied to be an Archer, and he could have been our first Horse Archer.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

After Tobin got a Sword, I'm not keeping my hopes up.  Gray, I sort of understand, since he's implied to become a Mercenary, but Tobin is implied to be an Archer, and he could have been our first Horse Archer.

I can't wait for horse archers and a seal that adds +1 movement. You Horse Emblem lovers will have a field day

12 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I can't wait for horse archers and a seal that adds +1 movement. You Horse Emblem lovers will have a field day

Imagine Rath getting Brave Bow and Life and Death. Fortunately ranged units can't learn Cancel Affinity.