• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

11 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Imagine Rath getting Brave Bow and Life and Death. Fortunately ranged units can't learn Cancel Affinity.

Is it all ranged units or just mages?  I thought I heard Archers getting it, but that might have been during speculation.

Also, we don't know if they'd have the stats to be game breaking.  Olwen has the same Tome as Reinhardt, but her Atk is lower, so she's not the game changer that he is.

I could see Rath getting relatively low Atk, but be speedy.

10 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I can't wait for Adept too

Wouldn't that just function sort of like Glimmer or Astra, but give the opponent the advantage of having their special get an extra tick?

Edited by Rezzy

15 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Imagine Rath getting Brave Bow and Life and Death. Fortunately ranged units can't learn Cancel Affinity.

@Rezzy Cancel Affinity can be used by anyone except mages and staff-staffers~

Cancel Affinity on a 3-Mov Brave sounds legitimately terrifying.

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Is it all ranged units or just mages?  I thought I heard Archers getting it, but that might have been during speculation.

Just mages and staff users. I saw an image of someone giving one to Bride!Cordelia. 

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Now we just have to wait for them to introduce Cancel Cancel Affinity.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Now we just have to wait for them to introduce Cancel Cancel Affinity.

But this time, it doubles the weapon advantage!

That sweet sweet 1.8x modifier for complete and utter overkill.

18 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I can't wait for Adept too

Desperation?

14 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Also, we don't know if they'd have the stats to be game breaking.  Olwen has the same Tome as Reinhardt, but her Atk is lower, so she's not the game changer that he is.

I could see Rath getting relatively low Atk, but be speedy.

Wouldn't that just function sort of like Glimmer or Astra, but give the opponent the advantage of having their special get an extra tick?

Actually, Sue, Shin or Dayan might be stronker.

Rip

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Just mages and staff users. I saw an image of someone giving one to Bride!Cordelia. 

Rip rip

13 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

But this time, it doubles the weapon advantage!

That sweet sweet 1.8x modifier for complete and utter overkill.

In a twist of fate, Cancel Cancel Affinity is exclusive to staff users!

It is still a B Skill because they still hate staff users

28 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

It will be a 2 turn special that only Brave Weapon Cavalry units can use. You can have Desperation in your B slot and Adept in your special slot. More power for stupid horsies!!!!!!!!

You can spend an orb to have Adept proc as many times as the number of orbs spent! Pay to win!

19 minutes ago, r_n said:

In a twist of fate, Cancel Cancel Affinity is exclusive to staff users!

It is still a B Skill because they still hate staff users

Who can't even inherit Triangle Adept in the first place. Fantastic game design.

16 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

You can spend an orb to have Adept proc as many times as the number of orbs spent! Pay to win!

Who can't even inherit Triangle Adept in the first place. Fantastic game design.

Are they unable to?  You'd never want to, considering Gray never has WTA, and would you would only be hurting yourself against Raven users, but I never thought to check if they could learn it.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Are they unable to?

Nope, Colorless units can't inherit Triangle Adept.

psst there's a sticky on the front page of the sub that has more info

23 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Only Reinhardt can use it though. He's not broken enough!

Just give him a sacred seal that lets him move 8 tiles already come on IS

Edited by MrSmokestack

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Nope, Colorless units can't inherit Triangle Adept.

pissst there's a sticky on the front page of the sub that has more info

Who would want to give Grays TA even if they could?  It never occurred to me to even check if they could learn it.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Give Reinhardt the Warp skill that Witches get in Echoes, so he can just warp to any spot on the map.  You can't fight the Hardt.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Who would want to give Grays TA even if they could?  It never occurred to me to even check if they could learn it.

Maybe it's just one of those common sense things that is so obvious that nobody even bothers questioning it.

The stove is hot, will I burn my hand if I touch it?

And yet people do it anyway.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Give Reinhardt the Warp skill that Witches get in Echoes, so he can just warp to any spot on the map.  You can't fight the Hardt.

Even onto forests, mountains, and rivers?

Even onto forests, mountains, and rivers?

Especially.  They act as defensive tiles for him.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Especially.  They act as defensive tiles for him.

Scratch that.

Every tile on a given map behaves as a defensive tile, but only for Reinhardt. He also ignores terrain effects on enemies so he can ORKO hit them as normal.

He can even move through walls and solid objects. If he lands on a 2 HP block tile, the enemy would have to hit it twice before they could even attempt to attack him. Meanwhile, he is ORKO'ing your entire team.

Oh, and you can spend one orb to summon a 1 / 99 HP Escape Route Dancer to give him one additional action. He can also land onto said Dancer's tile so that his minion can function as his personal human shield for enemy phase. On top of that, he has an X Passive exclusive to him that requires that three units initiate combat against him before he comes vulnerable to attacks, and this count resets at the end of each turn.

Ergo, he cannot be damaged. At all.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Scratch that.

Every tile on a given map behaves as a defensive tile, but only for Reinhardt. He also ignores terrain effects on enemies so he can ORKO hit them as normal.

He can even move through walls and solid objects. If he lands on a 2 HP block tile, the enemy would have to hit it twice before they could even attempt to attack him. Meanwhile, he is ORKO'ing your entire team.

Oh, and you can spend one orb to summon a 1 / 99 HP Escape Route Dancer to give him one additional action. He can also land onto said Dancer's tile so that his minion can function as his personal human shield for enemy phase. On top of that, he has an X Passive exclusive to him that requires that three units initiate combat against him before he comes vulnerable to attacks, and this count resets at the end of each turn.

Ergo, he cannot be damaged. At all.

It funny that Jedah has that skill in Echoes where only every 4th attack can damage him, so that would have precedent in FE.

I've been having interesting people lose against my Arena team this week.  I had an Ike named "Poopyhead" lose to my team, as well as another Ike named "a c*nt".

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It's funny that Jedah has that skill in Echoes where only every 4th attack can damage him, so that would have precedent in FE.

That's what I was thinking of, yeah.

Or is Reinhardt actually Jedah?

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I've been having interesting people lose against my Arena team this week.  I had an Ike named "Poopyhead" lose to my team, as well as another Ike named "a c*nt".

Nothing beats "Lyn's SexLegs" for me.

Edited by MrSmokestack

That's what I was thinking of, yeah.

Or is Reinhardt actually Jedah?

Nothing beats "Lyn's SexLegs" for me.

They both sold their souls to the devil for unlimited magical power.

Silly names aside, I've seen several teams crop up in Arena repeatedly, or at least have the same name.

42 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Once I beat a guy called "whale btw". Can I feel good about myself?

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Once I beat a guy called "whale btw". Can I feel good about myself?

Slaughtering endangered species is nothing to feel good about by the way. Kidding.

You should feel good. You might have just ended his deathless run so he may have to spend Orbs for more Dueling Swords. Nintendo appreciates your help in hunting whales to extinction increase their profits.