Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

34 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I HATE REINHARDT

IT'S CAUSING ME TO HAVE VIOLENT THOUGHTS

look at my sig ;)

But I also talked about Catria! It should cancel out. :p

Catria's "Finishing Blow!" quote makes me think she's trying to sound like a superhero, but kind of fails since it's lame which makes her look like a dork.

And hey, you'd have violent thoughts too when you find out that one of the green mages you got who could be a good counter against him with his usual set-up barely survives because of -Res. Sonya, why? On the other hand, she utterly obliterates him if she attacks him. Yay, Mirror Strike! I wish I had a Julia, though... Worst case scenario, though since Reinhardt can show up with Death Blow (or the other attack boosting skills) alongside his boosted stats on singleplayer maps, but he probably won't get cavalry buffs... Probably... Hopefully. Vantage would get Sonya killed... Why, game? Why.

22 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Oh yeah, opinions question.

I have a 4-star +atk -spd Florina I've had for a while. While I was originally planning on waiting to merge her into a Florina that was either +atk or +spd without having -atk or -spd, I don't know if that's feasible. One of my most recent new Florinas is +spd -atk, which I think is worse than the former. I decided to give my current Florina sapphire lance and swordbreaker from a spare Sully. Since she doesn't want to attack or be attacked by anything not-red anyway (except maybe some blue mages), is my +atk -spd Florina still passable?

-Spd would make Florina a magical tank version of Beruka, except that's harder since you'd need Distant Counter to be more than a wall who doesn't do any damage. With +Atk, -Spd, she'd have 32 attack and 24 speed as a 5* which is kind of eh... Est is less durable, but she'd have 35 attack and 30 speed if neutral. +HP, -Atk Est would be just as strong and about as bulky while having 30 speed to avoid any doubles from units with 34 speed and under. That said, Est is a different unit who'd want a Brave Lance to make use of her attack.

+Spd, -Atk Florina would make her Clair, but without Clair's speed and perhaps not bulk since Clair's 36 base speed would let her avoid more doubles than +Spd Florina will with 31 speed, so that could offset Clair's lower HP and relatively same defense and resistance. Closer, but also further would be Fir, but also without Fir's speed.

Between these two, I'd rather go with +Atk, -Spd than +Spd, -Atk. 25 and lower base attack is pretty terrible if you don't have something to back it up. In most cases, those characters start out with a gem weapon or T-Adept and/or will be good tanks to the range they're fighting. If not, then they can tank stuff, but not counter without Close or Distant Counter.

Anyway, with Florina, being 3* to 4* summonable can make her more common, so who knows, maybe you'll get a Florina with who's not -Atk or -Spd. My first Florina is +Atk, -Def. She's all right, but the whole made of glass thing is concerning at times. Another showed up as +Atk, -Spd 4* and there's one that's a +Atk, -HP 3*. Kind of hilarious that all the Florinas I've summoned are +Atk.

Edited by Kaden

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Kaden said:

But I also talked about Catria! It should cancel out. :p

Catria's "Finishing Blow!" quote makes me think she's trying to sound like a superhero, but kind of fails since it's lame which makes her look like a dork.

And hey, you'd have violent thoughts too when you find out that one of the green mages you got who could be a good counter against him with his usual set-up barely survives because of -Res. Sonya, why? On the other hand, she utterly obliterates him if she attacks him. Yay, Mirror Strike! I wish I had a Julia, though... Worst case scenario, though since Reinhardt can show up with Death Blow (or the other attack boosting skills) alongside his boosted stats on singleplayer maps, but he probably won't get cavalry buffs... Probably... Hopefully. Vantage would get Sonya killed... Why, game? Why.

I have a Julia but I don't know how to team build with her :/ Sorry to hear that about Sonya

Catria's "Finishing Blow!" is silly if she doesn't finish the opponent off. It reminds me of a party chat in Bravely Default when the protagonists are coming up with special move quotes. Catria can give me a Finishing Blow though KappaPride

Lol, well, I did give her a sapphire lance so there's that. I'm not going to promote her yet anyway, so I'll keep a lookout for a +atk or +spd Florina without -atk or -spd. But if I want to promote her before that happens, at least the one I have is passable?

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Lol, well, I did give her a sapphire lance so there's that. I'm not going to promote her yet anyway, so I'll keep a lookout for a +atk or +spd Florina without -atk or -spd. But if I want to promote her before that happens, at least the one I have is passable?

I'd actually wait for an optimal +atk -hp or something florina before promoting her :P:

6 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

I'd actually wait for an optimal +atk -hp or something florina before promoting her :P:

Fair enough XD

24 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I have a Julia but I don't know how to team build with her :/

Fury / Triangle Adept and G Tomebreaker. 

Congratulations, your Julia is now a Nino and a Reinhardt check. Can't get any better than that.

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I have a Julia but I don't know how to team build with her :/ Sorry to hear that about Sonya

Catria's "Finishing Blow!" is silly if she doesn't finish the opponent off. It reminds me of a party chat in Bravely Default when the protagonists are coming up with special move quotes. Catria can give me a Finishing Blow though KappaPride

At least I have Sonya. I doubt that she or Delthea will be 4* summonable considering that both have legendary tomes. So, it was a why not summon. It's not like orbs are expensive resources and you should be careful with them, right? And it's not like you can't get screwed like you are with red mages, right? Right!!!?

+Def, -Res is basically +Def, -Spd Soren who incidentally was my first Soren before the next one showed up like a summon or two after as +Spd, -Res. Anyway, she's still good against blue mages, especially if she can attack them, 29 resistance is still all right, and I like Sonya, so whatever. At least she wasn't -Atk or -Spd. That would have sucked. I would have preferred it if she wasn't -Res, though, since 32 resistance would have been pretty awesome considering 29 resistance is the highest resistance my green mages have unless I have a +Res Cecilia somewhere which I don't think I do since most of them are +Atk for some reason. I had one, but she was used to get Gronnraven+ on F!Robin and while it would have been nice, -Def on Cecilia kind of sucks if I intended to keep her tome which I don't have much of a choice considering I don't have any other Ninos or even a Boey. Anyway, I digress.

"This ought to do it!" is also funny when she doesn't finish off her opponent.

8 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Fair enough XD

Oh, +Atk, -HP is pretty optimal. The hilarity.

Do you want my +Atk, -HP Florina, then? It's kind of twisted whenever I get units who have a pretty good boon/bane combo and I'm like "I'm not really interested, but I'm still going to use you. Sort of... Maybe. You're getting trained at least."

7 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Do you want my +Atk, -HP Florina, then? It's kind of twisted whenever I get units who have a pretty good boon/bane combo and I'm like "I'm not really interested, but I'm still going to use you. Sort of... Maybe. You're getting trained at least."

If only trading was a thing XD

EDIT:

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Some A-Squad eh

Lol

Edited by Sunwoo

Think something will happen early next week?  We haven't had anything since Berkut and both Berkut and the special maps expire tomorrow, leaving us with no ongoing events (unless you count daily quests and the horse thing I did in a quarter of a day)

15 minutes ago, Kaden said:

"This ought to do it!" is also funny when she doesn't finish off her opponent.

Are we done here?

4 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Think something will happen early next week?

Something will certainly happen. Still, a week is a week.

3 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Think something will happen early next week?  We haven't had anything since Berkut and both Berkut and the special maps expire tomorrow, leaving us with no ongoing events (unless you count daily quests and the horse thing I did in a quarter of a day)

I'm sure we'll get something. Or at least some sort of announcement on Monday or Tuesday. If they keep up with the trend, we may get another bond battle. ...and maybe it'll be a teaser for the next banner or Tempest. I'm not sure we'll get anything major until the beginning of August. New banner(s) plus a Gauntlet more than likely.

6 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I'm sure we'll get something. Or at least some sort of announcement on Monday or Tuesday. If they keep up with the trend, we may get another bond battle. ...and maybe it'll be a teaser for the next banner or Tempest. I'm not sure we'll get anything major until the beginning of August. New banner(s) plus a Gauntlet more than likely.

Datamined info:

Spoiler

Lloyd's re-run was found in the latest datamine alongside Berkut. If anything, that will probably be what replaces Berkut's GHB on the 25th.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Datamined info:

Reveal hidden contents

Lloyd's re-run was found in the latest datamine alongside Berkut. If anything, that will probably be what replaces Berkut's GHB on the 25th.

That works too. We'll likely get a few orbs from that at the very least. I wouldn't be surprised if this were a kind of slow week while they prepare us for the next big event. Either that or they'll do something HUGE to get us to waste our orbs. ...and then do something even bigger.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Datamined info:

Hide contents

Ahh finally some Iceberg fodder for Berkut!

There is yet another banner, this time for Quick Riposte! Subaki, Klein, Leo, you know the drill.

EDIT: Boner’d so hard :’(

Edited by Vaximillian

2 hours ago, KongDude said:

Doesn't it default to the first team though?

I don't think so. I had it set to an empty team slot, so who knows if any of my teams were showing up in the arena. 

58 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Now, do I want QR3 fodder or Death Blow 3 from Klein?

Give the unit a level or two of the skills from someone else (4* Hawkeye, Subaki, Ursula, etc.) and inherit both QR3 and DB3. Maximum profit!

That said, since you can get DB3 off 4* Klein, it's probably better to prioritise QR3 since there's nobody who gives it at 4*. Especially if you're fishing colourless; you may actually get a 4* Klein while you're at it.

I'd like to see something more creative than just 'Heroes who have skill X' banners.  Or 'Move Type X Heroes'.

They could do banners off personalities, supports, game series, relationships (Sibling Bonds 3), etc.