Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Said suggestion does not always save time, e.g.: the suggestion you made does not always save time.

That suggestion does not always save time. I corrected it! yay!

OR

"Your suggestion"

@JSND SeemsGood WutFace Soysoy is MingLee EleGiggle

Edited by GuiltyLove

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

It just sounds like you think you're too cool to use "the" or whatever to refer to the past word. I mean... sure, use it if you want. It's just almost never necessary when there are simpler ways to do so

You missed it lol

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

What on earth have I walked into...

Also @SatsumaFSoysoy I'd say QR > Swordbreaker in Arena because of the wider use and because uptime hardly matters when each unit only needs to go through 1-2 rounds of combat anyways (and do you really need the greater uptime of Swordbreaker? You aren't going to run into many teams running two sword units to begin with).

For longer gauntlets like Tempest or Chain, SB could see more use, but I'd still rather go QR and a healer (also I don't think I'd recommend Fury in such an environment because you really don't want the chip damage. Maybe go T-Adept instead?)

Wow, it's a ghost.

I don't have access to TA at the moment, and Fury Nowi is a bit more convenient since she also kills a lot of Blues. I'll probably have both learned if I can afford it someday.

Swordbreaker does make the Falchion matchup better, and all Swords are gonna die for sure while preventing extra damage on Nowi... Maybe I'll just slap on QR for now since I'm using a healer in Chain Challenge.

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would personally go with Quick Riposte, unless your glass cannons for some reason have trouble dealing with sword units. In a team composition with a mix of Player Phase and Enemy Phase units, Player Phase units should dish out the most kills while Enemy Phase units should only deal with enemies that the Player Phase units cannot handle.

If I do end up bringing Nowi to the Arena or something, she would pretty much be my only Sword murderer if my bonus unit isn't one.

16 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Huh, because I never played Shadow Dragon, but Michalis never actually wielded Hauteclere, right? Hmm, I wonder why he has it Heroes, then.

Also, Hauteclere's effect should have been a built-in Renewal 2 instead of being a legendary Killer/Slaying Axe if they went with its home game effect, right?

I guess they could have given Michalis a personal weapon like "Axe of Michalis" and have it function like what Hauteclere does in Heroes since Silver Lance or Axe would be kind of lame while Hauteclere kept its original effect. Oh well.

Just wondering since I looked into Hauteclere to see if it mentioned when Minerva obtained it since an alternate, Pegasus Knight Minerva as a Tempest Trial reward would be cool and it would be even cooler if she kept Hauteclere as a Pegasus Knight.

Also, a free flyer with Ward Fliers would be really nice and so would a free L&D3 source. Cue developers making it so Pegasus Knight Minerva doesn't have L&D, but a different skill and her Hauteclere has Renewal 2 instead of being a legendary Killer Axe.

Only Minerva was known for using Hauteclere in the Archanea remakes. Michalis definitely didn't have one of his own as a boss in Shadow Dragon. He could technically use it in New Mystery where he is playable, but his axe rank isn't high enough at base to immediately use it.

Yeah, Hauteclere's effect should've been Renewal 2 if they wanted to be more faithful to the source material. It certainly isn't the only exclusive weapon that doesn't have the appropriate effect that corresponds with how it was in its home game though. To this day, Roy weeps over the "could've been" of Binding Blade with Distant Counter built-in.

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Okay, it seems like we've gotten info on Monday before, but I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer.

For reference, Alm's Army and Celica's Army were only announced the day before they went live so I don't think there is any definite pattern for when they choose to announce what the upcoming banner(s) will be.

@XRay @MaskedAmpharos Triangle Adept Nowi is more or less free to run Quick Riposte, but Fury Nowi is notably weak to speedy Falchions and really can't be used for anything else after baiting them.

To be fair, they aren't the most common thing in arena anymore so QR could work for most scenarios too.

19 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Only Minerva was known for using Hauteclere in the Archanea remakes. Michalis definitely didn't have one of his own as a boss in Shadow Dragon. He could technically use it in New Mystery where he is playable, but his axe rank isn't high enough at base to immediately use it.

Oh, so it's kind of like a legendary weapon that is associated with a character, but anyone with the rank to use can wild it. And the whole, apparently because lance-wielding wyvern riders do not exist.

19 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, Hauteclere's effect should've been Renewal 2 if they wanted to be more faithful to the source material. It certainly isn't the only exclusive weapon that doesn't have the appropriate effect that corresponds with how it was in its home game though. To this day, Roy weeps over the "could've been" of Binding Blade with Distant Counter built-in.

Well, in this case and like Sol Katti, Tyrfing, and kind of Eckesachs, I can't think of a reason why it doesn't have its original effect. At least weapons like Binding Blade or Durandal have an effect or a similar effect from their home games.

Unless they thought Renewal 2 wouldn't work with Michalis and Minerva's stats and skills, but even then, you have Alm, Chrom, Lucina, and Marth and their stats vary from tanky to glass cannon. They also kind of have it better off when Falchion has two effects compared to most legendary weapons only have one excluding Deathly Dagger and legendary bows. Kind of weird. Well, who knows, maybe they'll introduce a version of Minerva who has a weapon or even Hauteclere with a built-in Renewal 2. Be pretty weird, but they could call it something like Parallel Hauteclere like how Delthea and Sonya have their own versions of Aura and Excalibur.

Edited by Kaden

I changed the language on Heroes to Japanese.

I actually can't read Japanese that well.

Let's see how long this lasts.

Just now, Kaden said:

Oh, so it's kind of like a legendary weapon that is associated with a character, but anyone with the rank to use can. And the whole, apparently because lance-wielding wyvern riders do not exist.

Well, in this case and like Sol Katti, Tyrfing, and kind of Eckesachs, I can't think of a reason why it doesn't have its original effect. At least weapons like Binding Blade or Durandal have an effect or a similar effect from their home games.

Unless they thought Renewal 2 wouldn't work with Michalis and Minerva's stats and skills, but even then, you have Alm, Chrom, Lucina, and Marth and their stats vary from tanky to glass cannon. Kind of weird. Well, who knows, maybe they'll introduce a version of Minerva who has a weapon or even Hauteclere with a built-in Renewal 2. Be pretty weird, but they could call it something like Parallel Hauteclere like how Delthea and Sonya have their own versions of Aura and Excalibur.

I hope Caeda appears with the Wing Spear one of these days!

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I changed the language on Heroes to Japanese.

I actually can't read Japanese that well.

Let's see how long this lasts.

If you still remember the buttons, it should be fine. The biggest problem is not being able to read Assist and Special; with weapon, you can guess based on the Might.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

If you still remember the buttons, it should be fine. The biggest problem is not being able to read Assist and Special; with weapon, you can guess based on the Might.

Maybe I should change my language to Japanese so I can hear Catria's JP voice <3

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I think I remember the buttons for the most part, and I have a general idea of skills just by looking at the pictures so I should be fine on that end. Worst case scenario, I'll just end up switching back to English.

EDIT: That said, not being able to read specials will be a pain, but I could memorize my characters' skills at least. I knew a few select kanji and the majority of katakana, so hoping that'll help.

Edited by Sunwoo

12 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Mani Katti Lyn. Sol Katti is her legendary weapon, but it's not as iconic as Mani Katti.

Also, I just realized that Berkut's Lance's effect and Berkut's default skills and stat spread is what Sigurd's should have, but won't because Tyrfing has a "Defiant Spur Defense" and they will probably not give Sigurd and Seliph different Tyrfings. The irony when you consider who gets roasted and who doesn't in Berkut and Sigurd's lives. The best Sigurd will get is like Water Boost or Distant Defense. Cue Sigurd getting Fire Boost instead.

Edit: Cause of wording issues. Basically trying to say that Berkut seems like a lance Sigurd, but Sigurd won't be like that because of Tyrfing's effect in Heroes.

Edited by Kaden

Just now, Kaden said:

Mani Katti Lyn. Sol Katti is her legendary weapon, but it's not as iconic as Mani Katti.

Also, I just realized that Berkut's Lance's effect is what Sigurd's should have, but won't because Tyrfing has a "Defiant Spur Defense" and they will probably not give Sigurd and Seliph different Tyrfings. The irony when you consider who gets roasted and who doesn't in Berkut and Sigurd's lives. The best Sigurd will get is like Water Boost or Distant Defense. Cue Sigurd getting Fire Boost instead.

I hope Catria gets a Prf weapon that deals effective damage on every unit in the game

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Maybe I should change my language to Japanese so I can hear Catria's JP voice <3

From what I've heard of her EN voice in Echoes... That'd probably be an improvement.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I think I remember the buttons for the most part, and I have a general idea of skills just by looking at the pictures so I should be fine on that end. Worst case scenario, I'll just end up switching back to English.

Yeah, but Assist and Special don't have pictures, so you're stuck with the text lol. It doesn't matter as much in the Arena since A) you'll probably see what Assist the enemies are doing, and B) you don't want to get hit by any Specials, but it'll probably be annoying in Tempest.

15 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Oh, so it's kind of like a legendary weapon that is associated with a character, but anyone with the rank to use can. And the whole, apparently because lance-wielding wyvern riders do not exist.

Hauteclere isn't exclusive to Minerva, no. Any axe unit with an A in axes can use it. In the same way, Excalibur and Aura aren't exclusive to Merric and Linde respectively. However, they can use their respective tomes at base while anyone else needs at least a B in tomes to use them.

15 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Unless they thought Renewal 2 wouldn't work with Michalis and Minerva's stats and skills, but even then, you have Alm, Chrom, Lucina, and Marth and their stats vary from tanky to glass cannon. Kind of weird. Well, who knows, maybe they'll introduce a version of Minerva who has a weapon or even Hauteclere with a built-in Renewal 2. Be pretty weird, but they could call it something like Parallel Hauteclere like how Delthea and Sonya have their own versions of Aura and Excalibur.

Binding Blade is also missing its effective damage against dragons and was another weapon that could be used to recover HP. It really should've at least had one of those two effects or Distant Counter alongside its +2 Def/Res when attacked effect. After all, Falchion got two effects in one so why couldn't the Binding Blade? As far as Delthea and Sonya go, they could use Aura and Excalibur at base respectively in Gaiden/Echoes so it really wasn't that out-of-nowhere that they were given new versions of Aura and Excalibur respectively.

Edited by Tybrosion

11 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I think the problem here is that it is effective on both armors and horses. Would they neuter it or possibly toss out the effective damage bonuses completely for some other effect? If they kept the double effective bonuses and the weapon remained locked to Caeda, I guess it'd be balanced.

You can't predict much with Heroes so far. Any char may get added and anyone left out (even if they're important or their absence leaves a group unfinished- my points- Nergal and Kliff), and any weapon may be ignored or left totally divorced from it's actual base game effects. Have no hopes about what the future holds for Heroes I say. Relish the moment and ketchup on the latest developments, but never mustard a thought about what comes next.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Binding Blade is also missing its effective damage against dragons and was another weapon that could be used to recover HP. It really should've at least had one of those two effects or Distant Counter alongside its +2 Def/Res when attacked effect. After all, Falchion got two effects in one so why couldn't the Binding Blade?

Meanwhile, Naga. Effective against dragons and has +2 Def/Res when attacked. That or Renewal 2 would have been fine for Binding Blade. DC and +2 Def/Res might be a bit much since Roy would basically be the enemy phase unit that isn't an armor. All you would need to do is give him Fury 3 and Quick Riposte and he'd be set to be a counter machine.

Neutral Roy with Fury 3 has 44 HP, 49 Atk, 34 Spd, 28 Def, and 31 Res with Binding Blade equipped. With Binding Blade's effect, he'd have 30 defense and 33 resistance when attacked and he'd always be able to counter back if it had DC too. Alternatively, you could give him Distant Def 3 which if it stacks, then he gets +8 Def/Res when attacked at range. So, he'd have 44 HP, 46 Atk, 31 Spd, 33 Def, and 36 Res at range on counter. +Spd, -HP would be ideal to stop units from doubling him; he'd sit with 37 speed with Fury 3 and be able to counter at any range while being pretty bulky. Also, if you could summon some Mists or Roderick, allies with Spur Def/Res and/or Drive Def would help him become even more bulky.

9 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

What... is going... on?

I just left the thread 2 hrs ago, went back with 7 new pages and my first impressions were:

1. New content and relevant discussion 0/10

2. Ana posted

3. Typical derail

@eclipse we need you 8[

Yeah, you kinda missed a bunch of random bullshit. Though I suppose it wouldn't be this thread if it didn't fly off the rails and into a completely irrelevant topic every now and then. Also, damn that burn with #2. Someone get Blaine and his Burn Heals in here, stat.

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Meanwhile, Naga. Effective against dragons and has +2 Def/Res when attacked. That or Renewal 2 would have been fine for Binding Blade. DC and +2 Def/Res might be a bit much since Roy would basically be the enemy phase unit that isn't an armor. All you would need to do is give him Fury 3 and Quick Riposte and he'd be set to be a counter machine.

Neutral Roy with Fury 3 has 44 HP, 49 Atk, 34 Spd, 28 Def, and 31 Res with Binding Blade equipped. With Binding Blade's effect, he'd have 30 defense and 33 resistance when attacked and he'd always be able to counter back if it had DC too. Alternatively, you could give him Distant Def 3 which if it stacks, then he gets +8 Def/Res when attacked at range. So, he'd have 44 HP, 46 Atk, 31 Spd, 33 Def, and 36 Res at range on counter. +Spd, -HP would be ideal to stop units from doubling him; he'd sit with 37 speed with Fury 3 and be able to counter at any range while being pretty bulky. Also, if you could summon some Mists or Roderick, allies with Spur Def/Res and/or Drive Def would help him become even more bulky.

My main point was simply that Binding Blade got screwed hard, especially after Naga came in with its effect plus effective damage against dragons.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

My main point was simply that Binding Blade got screwed hard, especially after Naga came in with its effect plus effective damage against dragons.

I know. Also, at least Binding Blade's effect is useful unlike Fujin Yumi staying true to its home game effect. Now, if Takumi was a mounted archer, built-in Pass might actually be useful with 3 movement until you realize that mounted archer Takumi would be way better with a Brave or Firesweep Bow.

Edited by Kaden

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I know. Also, at least Binding Blade's effect is useful unlike Fujin Yumi staying true to its home game effect. Now, if Takumi was a mounted archer, built-in Pass might actually be useful with 3 movement until you realize that mounted archer Takumi would be way better with a Brave or Firesweep Bow.

If Fujin Yumi really stayed true to its Fates effect, then Takumi could walk through forests like a flier...

That'd actually be kinda scary on some Arena maps.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Yeah, truly a testament to how, even when it's built-in to a weapon, Pass gets hopelessly outclassed by numerous better options.

12 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

If Fujin Yumi really stayed true to its Fates effect, then Takumi could walk through forests like a flier...

That'd actually be kinda scary on some Arena maps.

Takumi would get to walk across mountains (and water---except the kind you find in theaters, for whatever reason---but who cares about that).

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Takumi would get to walk across mountains (and water---except the kind you find in theaters, for whatever reason---but who cares about that).

Oh right. I actually forgot he could do that.

Lol if he can walk over water, he would have broken the bridge map in half. Then they give him the ability to walk over lava...