Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, XRay said:

She is short and likes candy. She looks like a child too.

Look man most of us asian women are short and don't age we didn't choose to be this way

The candy is a localization thing---JP Rinkah just likes food. Idk why they localized it to candy out of all things when Kaze gave her radishes.

Also what kind of child has muscles like that

Edited by Thor Odinson

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, JSND said:

Huh is Rinkah's design supposed to emulate some part of Asian?

Like basically everyone in the hoshido side is (except scarlet but she's defecting from nohr) dude

The Oni class take a lot of inspiration from Japanese folklore, and the bandage wrap around her chest (waist for the males on the oni) is a pretty japanese thing to do, esp in anime for rough-warrior type characters.

3 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Look man most of us asian women are short and don't age we didn't choose to be this way

"Us"? You're also a woman? Your profile gender says male though :O

@XRay plz be courteous to us Asian girls we're DOING OUR BEST

also Rinkah is not a loli

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

I have my reasons for displaying male but yes

im chinese woman

4 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Like basically everyone in the hoshido side is (except scarlet but she's defecting from nohr) dude

The Oni class take a lot of inspiration from Japanese folklore, and the bandage wrap around her chest (waist for the males on the oni) is a pretty japanese thing to do, esp in anime for rough-warrior type characters.

Yeah i wondered because i don't play BR and isn't really familiar with the kind of design she had

Edited by JSND

1 minute ago, Thor Odinson said:

Tell that to all the haters who despise Nowi X Gregor pairing.

1 minute ago, JSND said:

Huh is Rinkah's design supposed to emulate some part of Asian?

She is pretty dark, so maybe Japanese Gyaru? They are supposedly delinquents and are pretty tough too.

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

Reverse traps exist too.

I am sure you all are, but unless you girls are [+Spd, -Res] it is not enough to try.

Again, tell that to anti-shippers of Nowi X Gregor.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Tell that to all the haters who despise Nowi X Gregor pairing.

She is pretty dark, so maybe Japanese Gyaru? They are supposedly delinquents and are pretty tough too.

Reverse traps exist too.

I am sure you all are, but unless you girls are [+Spd, -Res] it is not enough to try.

Again, tell that to anti-shippers of Nowi X Gregor.

Nowi is a completely different case than Rinkah I'm not even sure how the hell the two are comparable

1 hour ago, JSND said:

Camus slaughtered her family, then when he met Nyna he basically says "sorry, but no your family deserve to die because your father is the biggest piece of failure i have ever seen" and just generally trash talks her family to death(literally because..... ok i'm not going to hell for making that joke). He got a point though

I mean after this Camus does an undercover work to protect her from Medeus, and he's the guy who reccomended, and personally guarded Nyna until he reaches Hardin, to the point that he got tortured for months thanks to that, but how they went from purely pragmatic relationship into madly in love is pretty fucked up based on that storyline

Huh. So it's like Stockholm Syndrome + Lima Syndrome? Interesting.

OTP tho he'll yea

16 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I have my reasons for displaying male but yes

im chinese woman

I have been bamboozled for years.

Just now, Thor Odinson said:

Nowi is a completely different case than Rinkah I'm not even sure how the hell the two are comparable

Lolis are lolis. The way I see it, Asians and Manaketes are excuses to justify loli fetishes. There is nothing wrong with loli fetishes, but rationalizing that a character is a not loli on the account of their race while indulging in that character is in denial.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Meanwhile, India to the Middle East, Southeast Asia, and parts of Japan like Okinawa, I think. Rinkah's and I guess the Flame Tribe are based on oni from Japanese mythology as said before, but there are naturally occurring Asians with darker skin than just gyaru.

@Thor Odinson, your username reminds me of who the current Thor is in the Marvel comics now.

Edited by Kaden

3 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

That is what i want people to think unless my Asian Woman Experience (TM) comes into play :P

The best part is that you like characters like Ayra and Ryoma, which made me even more bamboozled.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Lolis are lolis. The way I see it, Asians and Manaketes are excuses to justify loli fetishes. There is nothing wrong with loli fetishes, but rationalizing that a character is a not loli on the account of their race while indulging in that character is in denial.

That's cool and all, but I really don't see how Rinkah is a loli. She has zero loli traits.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The best part is that you like characters like Ayra and Ryoma, which made me even more bamboozled.

That's cool and all, but I really don't see how Rinkah is a loli. She has zero loli traits.

lol what made that bit bamboozling to you? Just curious

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

Literally nobody except you calls Rinkah a loli, mate, you remind me of that guy who try to condescendingly pat my head because I'm short and then I threatened to break his arm so he stopped

Rinkah is that asian woman who has a masters degree and got asked "when are you graduating high school" and yes that's happened to me I'm pretty pissed about that

Nowi is intentionally designed to look like a child with her supports to match, literally nothing in Rinkah's supports --- and before you bring up the candy one that's 1) a localization thing 2) plenty of adults like candy --- supports either having childish characteristics, or even being mistaken as a child in contrast to how Nyx's supports go

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

@Thor Odinson, your username reminds me of who the current Thor is in the Marvel comics now.

Huh, now that you mention it, it does fit haha

1 minute ago, Thor Odinson said:

lol what made that bit bamboozling to you? Just curious

I didn't really think much about it, but when I thought about you liking those characters from the point of view of a male, I was like "oh yeah I could see that", or something. It's just an impression, kinda? Can't really put it to words well.

18 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Huh. So it's like Stockholm Syndrome + Lima Syndrome? Interesting.

OTP tho he'll yea

The fucks a Lima Syndrome lol. Is that related to Cellica's mom backstory, because thats fucked up too

1 minute ago, JSND said:

The fucks a Lima Syndrome lol. Is that related to Cellica's mom backstory, because thats fucked up too

No, it's the reverse of Stockholm Syndrome, where the captor develops feelings for the captive(s).

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I didn't really think much about it, but when I thought about you liking those characters from the point of view of a male, I was like "oh yeah I could see that", or something. It's just an impression, kinda? Can't really put it to words well.

Fair enough. 

For actual reasons though, I like Ayra bc I tend to like badass ladies and Ayra's introduction was just so cool (and also for the limited FE4 writing there is she's quite well-characterized), and Ryoma I initially liked him bc dudes with long hair is my jam but then I actually got into his character and, well

340583058 essays later

mind, I don't even like writing but Ryoma got me to write a good dissertation's length worth of meta

Edited by Thor Odinson

Just now, Thor Odinson said:

Fair enough. 

For actual reasons though, I like Ayra bc I tend to like badass ladies and Ayra's introduction was just so cool (and also for the limited FE4 writing there is she's quite well-characterized), and Ryoma I initially liked him bc dudes with long hair is my jam but then I actually got into his character and, well

340583058 essays later

Wow, so all I had to do was click the links in your sig to find out you're not male...

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

No, it's the reverse of Stockholm Syndrome, where the captor develops feelings for the captive(s).

Honestly though i'm kinda not sure if thats the proper way to describe their relationship since Camus didn't exactly keep her captive

I'm going to defend Thor here and agree that Rinkah is definitely NOT a loli and that being a short female that likes a certain food does NOT equate to being a loli.

I'm not Asian, but I AM a short female who hasn't aged in years, so I know exactly where Thor is coming from. I would not want to be treated like a loli or have some taller person pat my head. I also sometimes get asked if I'm in high school. Hell, recently there was a lady that thought I was twelve. I'm 26.

Also, I like candy. Nothing wrong with an adult liking candy.

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Wow, so all I had to do was click the links in your sig to find out you're not male...

Yeah I'm less gender-hiding on other parts of the net bc there was a really bad experience like, 7 years ago on SF that prompted this

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm going to defend Thor here and agree that Rinkah is definitely NOT a loli and that being a short female that likes a certain food does NOT equate to being a loli.

I'm not Asian, but I AM a short female who hasn't aged in years, so I know exactly where Thor is coming from. I would not want to be treated like a loli or have some taller person pat my head. I also sometimes get asked if I'm in high school. Hell, recently there was a lady that thought I was twelve. I'm 26.

Also, I like candy. Nothing wrong with an adult liking candy.

Twelve? geez. I'm sorry that happened. 

The other day I got this matcha latte flavored candy from this tea shop and that shit is great

Edited by Thor Odinson